• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

deftona

Mr Motivator : Deffy Fights a Man With A Perm (Deffy # 63)

Mr Motivator

Part One - Mr Motivator

I am I. And I intend to GO GO GO! 

Goal One -  Continue Couch to 5K

Idles - Gram Rock | A Take Away Show GIF | Gfycat

So last challenge I started Couch to 5K with TH and I never imagined I could enjoy running this much. I'm not quite getting in three sessions a week, more like in a week and one day which is fine. We're waiting for a day off together to do the sessions together and I want to continue this because I want TH to keep doing it with me and I worry if I get ahead he'll give up. So whenever we can, we'll get out and get our sessions done in the lovely country park with the cows and the ancient forest. It's beautiful ❤️ 

It's all about the confidence....

YOU'RE JOE CAL-FUCKING-ZAGHE! 

Kick Butt GIF - KickButt - Discover & Share GIFs

Goal Two - Continue StrongCurves

While I am following the program, I am not sticking to the timeframe. I figure as long as I am training, progress will be made. Do whatever, whenever, just continue working on my strength and DAT ASS and I'll be Joe Cal-fucking-zaghe before I know it. 

Part Two - Deffy Fights A Man With A Perm

I said I got a penchant for smokes and kicking douches in the mouth. Sadly for you, my last cigarette's gone out.

Deffy vs Barry Biffa

IDLES get animated in riotous clip for 'Never Fight A Man With A Perm'

A dulcet man with a dulcet tone from a dulcet town and a dulcet home. He hates me. I like that. Two arms like big baseball bats. I bark, he barks back. A jaw like a fuck off bear trap.

Goal One - Get Below Pre-Quarantine Weight

Like literally everyone all over the world it seems I gained a fuck ton of weight during quarantine. Had I known at the start I'd have four months to play around with I would have been considerably more on it. but that's the beauty of hindsight. I did make some progress towards this last challenge, but I want to nail the rest of the quaranchonk. 

Deffy vs Timmy Thyroid

IDLES - Never Fight a Man With a Perm — KNOTORYUS

Me oh me oh my, Roy, you look like a walking thyroid. You’re not a man you’re a gland. You’re one big neck with sausage hands.

Goal Two - Explore New Music

I asked my music cult friends to provide me with some lesser known bands I can road test and wow did they deliver. I'd had over 70 responses in less than a day, with a lot of people recommended way more than one. I am going to dig through this list and pick a band a day that I know nothing about and listen to some of their work. A lot of bands were named more than once by different people so the most popular ones will go first. I can't wait for this, I love finding new music. It keeps me young.

Forever Young GIFs | Tenor

Part Three 

LET'S SEIZE THE DAY! ALL HOLD HANDS, CHASE THE PRICKS AWAY! 

IDLES - MOTHER on Make a GIF

I have been doing a lot of soul searching recently based on the relationships I have with people. One of my friends I used to work with a while ago has been... changing towards me recently and has started saying things that are downright weird. One of these messages popped up on the screen when I was showing one of my work friends something on my phone and she basically said “wtf was that about” so I told her some back story and part way through she stopped me and said “why are you making excuses for him?” and that really made me think. I have no idea why I am making excuses for him. And there are a lot of people I routinely make excuses for when they say inappropriate or downright dickish things to me. I try to see the best in people and I am way too nice. I overlook so much stuff because a lot of the time these people are completely fine. But why when the periods of dickishness are not isolated incidents. I am going to stop doing this, no more excuses. I have so many amazing people in my life that give off zero red flags. Why am I wasting time with those ones who do? No more pricks! Chase them away!

How'd you like them cliches?

idles | Tumblr

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 2

Awesome challenge theme.  I am here to see you fight all the fights and let loose the bad-ass Deffy in the pinafore dress and heeled boots :) 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

On 9/1/2020 at 6:45 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following to watch you stack your friend deck with green flags.

Welcome! 

On 9/4/2020 at 3:27 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Awesome challenge theme.  I am here to see you fight all the fights and let loose the bad-ass Deffy in the pinafore dress and heeled boots :) 

Yass! 

13 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

love the setup! Very fun to read! :)

Thanks! 

8 hours ago, Silkie said:

1000% here for this!

Hi there! 

5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Hullo hullo! Here to cheer! YAY!  Especially as you lay down some boundaries against dickery.

Helloooooo! Hmmm, I haven't started well on that front 😕 

5 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I thought there were going to be sex pirates.

Sex piracy level depends on if I avoid the dickery. But I had to turn my back on the sex pirate life. Fuckaneering is not conducive to a long term relationship. 

• Like 3

Sunday Update

I woke up yesterday and decided that I didn't want to go for my run, and I didn't want to fast. What I wanted to do was watch movies all day and eat snacks so that is what we did. It was glorious and the first time I have had a proper rest day since going back to work. Exactly what I needed. I had a brioche bagel for breakfast with peanut butter on it but I couldn't eat much of it, then we went to the supermarket to buy snacks. We watched a couple of movies - the best of which was Knives Out - we really enjoyed that one. TH wanted to go to bed for a nap in between so I came up with him but I didn't nap, I chatted to That Dude instead about gainz and our plans for fitness world domination. 

I made us pasta bake and a chicken kiev for dinner because it was Fat Bastard day and I had whatever I wanted. I had a bath in the evening which was lovely. 

Ready to start kicking ass on men with perms now. Bring out the first one! 

Scouser Calm Down GIF - Scouser CalmDown KeepCalm - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, deftona said:

But I had to turn my back on the sex pirate life. Fuckaneering is not conducive to a long term relationship. 

If a pirate only ever plunders one ship over and over to the exclusion of others that does not mean they stop being a pirate.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, deftona said:

Helloooooo! Hmmm, I haven't started well on that front 😕 

You don't have to accomplish this on day one. This challenge goes on for weeks, you'll get there in time. 

*edit... I leaned down to grab a pen and my boob posted this before I was ready!

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

If a pirate only ever plunders one ship over and over to the exclusion of others that does not mean they stop being a pirate.

I'm afraid it does, Tank. It means the pirate has settled down and now lives on a houseboat. It tours the canalways of Great Britain and is a member of the National Trust. Which is an equally valid life choice but piracy it ain't. 

3 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

You don't have to accomplish this on day one. This challenge goes on for weeks, you'll get there in time. 

*edit... I leaned down to grab a pen and my boob posted this before I was ready!

Hehehehe LET THE TITTIES SPEAK TO ME. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Monday Update

I got in to work and my boss said to me:

"You look really pretty today, Deffy. Are you wearing more makeup than usual?" To which I replied no, I am wearing the exact same makeup I have for the last ten years and she said "are you sure? you look really pretty". Backhanded complimenting like that is a skill.

I had a busy morning at work writing all the financial reports for last week. Then I got to work on my list of stuff that has broken. I'm the only remotely handy person in the entire place so everyone leaves all the fixing to me. I'm too darn alpha for my own good. I fixed a cupboard, an ipad and a computer. I need to fix an issue with our internal camera system but I need a new wire for that so it will have to wait until I'm back. 

I got out of work a bit early and got a slightly earlier train which meant I was in the garden drinking my sour beers a good 20 minutes earlier than normal. It was a great use of a bonus 20 minutes. We had chilli for dinner and we read in bed all evening. I am being ravished by mosquitoes at night again. I'm covered in them. Fuck'n bugs. 

Today I am going to spend the whole day making my arse nice and hench. Today's workout jam:

• Like 6
  • Angry on your Behalf 1

4 hours ago, deftona said:

Backhanded complimenting like that is a skill.

WOW your boss was acting like a super shit. 

Also you always look really pretty. Maybe if she took her head out of her ass she would've realized that a long time ago. 

AND THE REAL POINT, WTF is your boss making inappropriate comments about your appearance? It's not her place to tell you how pretty you look. The only way she should be commenting on your appearance is if it violates the company dress code in some way. She was unprofessional. 

I'm glad you got to go home a little early and relax. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

AND THE REAL POINT, WTF is your boss making inappropriate comments about your appearance? It's not her place to tell you how pretty you look. The only way she should be commenting on your appearance is if it violates the company dress code in some way. She was unprofessional. 

I get this but honestly I don't think it was unprofessional. My workplace is like a ladies bathroom in a nightclub, the compliments are always flowing and we're always telling each other we look nice. 

Where she went wrong was intimating the only reason I might be pretty is because of unnatural means. Because as much as I love make up, that definitely ain't the truth. 

6 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Also you always look really pretty. Maybe if she took her head out of her ass she would've realized that a long time ago. 

❤️ 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, deftona said:

I get this but honestly I don't think it was unprofessional. My workplace is like a ladies bathroom in a nightclub, the compliments are always flowing and we're always telling each other we look nice. 

Oh well, that's different then. 💚

5 minutes ago, deftona said:

Where she went wrong was intimating the only reason I might be pretty is because of unnatural means. Because as much as I love make up, that definitely ain't the truth. 

That's fer damn sure. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I can't watch any of the videos yet because I am at work.  But I'm here!

HIIIII CHEETZ! 

Tuesday Update

I woke up yesterday ready to go go go! so I cleaned the entire upstairs floor. TH is very good at doing the maintenance cleans but he sucks at the deeper ones so this is a good way we share the housework. By mid afternoon I was done, and I graphed my lifting progress so I can start charting my gainz with this. I was also chatting to That Dude about how I can track my booty progress and he claims because he is an engineer and he has been hit in the face a large number of times with different kinds of gloves (MMA innit), he can tell the firmness of something by smashing his face into it so has offered to lend his services to my quest for booty. He assures me it would be a purely professional pursuit and you know something I can't think of a better way so I just might go for it. 

I spent the afternoon testing my lifts. I have only been back at it properly for a couple of sessions since injuring my shoulder and having 18 months out but I am really pleased that I test out in intermediate strength levels for all booty related lifts (back sqauts, deadlifts etc) but still beginner (yet towards the top) for upper body based lifts like military presses. All levels determined by StrongCurves. This is good though, I have something to aim for, and with my new booty tracking metric I feel like I am seriously ready to goooooo. I finished my session with an hour on the elliptical on booty building settings and I felt like a freaking superhero. 

I made a huge vat of bolognese to freeze for dinners when I am at work going forward, and then I realised that when I cleaned the bathroom I threw away our toothbrushes thinking we had some more but we did not so I had to drive out and grab some of those. My evening was spent watching TV and eating crisps. The latter of which was not ideal but whatever, I'll sort it out tomorrow. 

*throws devil horns and jumps backwards off a stage onto an awaiting mosh pit*

• Like 7
  • That's Metal 1

rAlGlX.gif

...sorry, I was expecting a very different theme for this challenge.

Great to see you running and lifting, this is gonna be a cool challenge B)

Let us know if you find any gems in the new bands you're listening to.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jarric said:

...sorry, I was expecting a very different theme for this challenge.

Knowing IDLES as I do, it's almost definitely written about him. 

22 minutes ago, Jarric said:

Let us know if you find any gems in the new bands you're listening to.

I have already found two awesomesauce ones. 

Black Country, New Road

and Bob Vylan

I love how angry they are. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, deftona said:

Knowing IDLES as I do, it's almost definitely written about him. 

I have already found two awesomesauce ones. 

Black Country, New Road

and Bob Vylan

I love how angry they are. 

Those are really cool. Black Country, New Road remind me of The Tubes in a weird way (worth a look if you feel like some 70s American prog).

I didn't think I was going to like Bob Vylan after the first couple of tracks, but I've been listening to them for the past hour and man they're good. It's amazing how much development they can fit into a 2 minute song.

Based on these two I think you'd be into Riskee & The Ridicule:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jarric said:

Based on these two I think you'd be into Riskee & The Ridicule:

It took me a worryingly long time to place that this was a Lana del Rey cover!! 

• Like 1

Wednesday Update

What a nothing day. 

I woke up way earlier than TH so I had my coffee downstairs instead of in bed as I normally would. I watched a couple of episodes of Chewing Gum. Micheala Cole is a bloody genius. My dad popped over and brought my coat - that amazing coat I bought last year which is the nicest coat I have ever owned. It ripped along the seams at the beginning of the year but my mom had it to sew it but can't do it at the moment so I took it back and I pinned it all, about to go for it and then I chickened out because it's the most beautiful coat in the world and they aren't for sale any more and I didn't want to royally fuck it up so I plan to take it to a tailor so they can do it. I mostly fannied about all day doing little jobs that I'd been putting off. Then I got a call from work about something pretty serious so I spent the afternoon on that. 

Dinner was a kiev and some chips. I had planned to train but the call from work sent the afternoon into a tailspin and I didn't get round to it. I was pretty gutted actually, my shoulders felt awesome after the lifting the day before and I like it when my body feels good. But nevermind, there are plenty more days for that business. We spent the evening chatting in bed and then I had a nice relaxing bath. 

• Like 5