• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

deftona

Mr Motivator MBE : Deffy Fights a Man With A Perm (Deffy # 63)

8 hours ago, Aθena said:

Why do people get so weird about it? If I say I like men ánd women, that only concerns me and whoever I am going to share a bed (or wherever one likes to do "it"). 

If one is afraid of having more competition bc both genders are suspect, that's a trust issue. Not a sexuality issue, is it?

Far too much effort is expended worrying about what other people are doing. Basically, I support anyone doing anything with anyone they like as long as everyone consents and has a wonderful time. 

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I saw those boots and immediately heard the baseline to "Come as You Are."

I hear this:

But your works too! 

• Like 3

Wednesday Update

I woke up full of beans but decided to not do any strength training because my back still felt a bit dodgy so I just did an hour on the elliptical. My parents wanted to stock up on logs and coal for their fire for the winter just in case the inevitable lock down disrupts the supply chain so I went to the shops for them, but as I got out of my car my back went. I slipped a disc about 13 years ago and it felt exactly like this so I assume that's what's happened this time. I hobbled around the shop and luckily TH was with me because I wouldn't have been able to lift anything. I could barely turn corners with the trolley. It was agony. I did get their shopping done because I didn't want my dad to have to leave the house because I really don't want him to get covid as he is very vulnerable to complications from it, and I lay down on the floor in their living room stretching it out enough that I could make the drive home, but even moving my legs on the peddles was agony. I got home and did more lying on the floor, then called my boss to tell her what had happened and I checked the availability of a few members of staff to make sure there was enough coverage if I couldn't come in to work for the next couple of days. She was completely fantastic though and told me to take the next few days as sick anyway so that's what I am going to do. Thankfully, TH is still working from home because I can't really move around much. 

I had set a beef and Guinness stew in the slow cooker before we went shopping so luckily dinner was done for us. I had a Zoom meeting with work in the evening, then I played Animal Crossing. My goal for the rest of the week is to prioritise healing my back and to try as hard as I can to not gain any weight because I have been doing fantastically with this and slipping a disc is just the sort of thing that can set me back a little on the eating since I can't exercise. I am going to keep all my goals up except for the activity goal (of course!) so I am just going to tick that box anyway and give myself a pass because I can barely move, I can hardly train or go to work. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Oo, sorry to hear about your back, hope it heals up soon!

You're killing it this challenge though, I've got no doubt you'll get over this bump and get back to it soon enough.

• Thanks 1

I hope that your back recovers quickly!  I'm sure you won't let this trow you off your game.  You have good momentum, that can carry you through a minor injury.

• Like 1

so sorry about your back. Back injuries are completely mysterious to me...hope yours straightens itself out soon.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jarric said:

Oo, sorry to hear about your back, hope it heals up soon!

18 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Ow ow ow! I hope your back gets better soon. That sounds incredibly painful.

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Heal up that back, I hope recovery is quick.

8 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I hope that your back recovers quickly! 

5 hours ago, Xena said:

so sorry about your back. Back injuries are completely mysterious to me...hope yours straightens itself out soon.

Thanks everyone ❤️ 

• Like 1

Thursday Update

I have taken a few days off work to try and sort out my back so I spent yesterday resting. I can't really sit up, or stand, so I spent a lot of it lying down. Luckily, I can play video games like this, so I spent most of yesterday playing Assassin's Creed. By the end of the day the pain was pretty bad again so I went in the bath for some heat therapy and I watched the next episode in the series I am watching - Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends, which happened to be the episode about swinging. TH came into the room to check I was ok and said "Are you watching a show about swinging in the bath?!" and yes, yes I was, but entirely by accident. For a lady with so much pampas grass, I know very little about that world. 

I'm not sure the bath made my back any better, but I could stand in fits and starts enough to make up some tortellini for dinner. We had some garlic bread too because I was really hungry. I think this is where I will struggle - I am used to being so active with work and exercise, all my meals and calories are planned out for lots of activity and I don't really have any super low calorie meals to cook up for days spent lying down so I am just accepting I am going to fail my calorie limit goals so I am just going to focus on eating enough freggies and not overeating because those goals should keep me broadly in line any way. I probably did eat a bit too much yesterday and I felt like crap for it so, lesson learned. 

I am trying to get my back in a position where I can actually function so today will be focused on rest, painkillers, gentle yoga, heat therapy and therapeutic shagging which is an underrated fix for back troubles. I hate being sick. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

• Like 6

Yikes, what a terrible turn of events.  You were doing so amazingly on your stuff recently that this must be just crushing.  I sure hope it heals up both quickly and properly so you don't have to go through it again.  

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

💚💚

I hope you're back on your feet soon! I'm glad you're resting and taking care of yourself. 

Me too! And thanks Snarky ❤️ 

16 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Yikes, what a terrible turn of events.  You were doing so amazingly on your stuff recently that this must be just crushing.  I sure hope it heals up both quickly and properly so you don't have to go through it again.  

It is! I feel like as soon as I get on my bullshit the universe converges to stop me but that's what happens to superheros so I'd better suck it up. 

5 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I hear you planning to adjust, and that's the best you can do.  Keep up the good work!

Thanks Cheetah! 

• Like 4

Friday Update

Another day spent lying down. This will be my life for the foreseeable future. I did finish the main story of Assassin's Creed though and it took me around 130 play hours, how great is that. I still have lots of grinding left to do and I am enjoying it very much. I did just this second pre-order the next one - Valhalla and I cannot wait - I have two weeks of annual leave when it's released and there's an inevitable lockdown on the way too. I'm probably going to buy the DLC for Odyssey today too. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuun! 

I kept to my freggies and not overeating goals, took my vitamins but I was probably over my calorie goal (I didn't track) and I didn't drink enough water because my toilet is upstairs and I have very steep Victorian stairs and why would I do that to myself with a poorly back. I drank enough to not be dehydrated but I wasn't about making extra journeys up those stairs. TH is looking after me very well. He's a darling ❤️ 

There isn't much improvement with my back and you know something, I am going to have to stop lifting. I have hypermobility. As much as I love it, I cannot trust bits of my body to not pop out of place. I need to use my hypermobility to my advantage and become a yoga/gymnastics expert and stop with these things that cause me injury. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, deftona said:

There isn't much improvement with my back and you know something, I am going to have to stop lifting. I have hypermobility. As much as I love it, I cannot trust bits of my body to not pop out of place.

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, deftona said:

I need to use my hypermobility to my advantage and become a yoga/gymnastics expert and stop with these things that cause me injury

tenor.gif?itemid=13573126

Way to turn it into a positive.

• Like 3

Saturday Update

Another day with a poorly back so I did a lot more resting. TH went out in the morning to the shop down the road and bought ingredients for a full English and he cooked me one for brunch. It was lovely, and just what I needed. I spent the rest of the day lying down and grinding for achievements on Assassin's Creed. I did buy the DLC but I didn't play it yet - I am going to do that today. I want to have it 100%ed insofar as I can by the time Valhalla comes out on 10th November. I am ridiculously excited for that. 

TH stir fried some veggies and we had that with noodles and a Chinese gravy style sauce for dinner. It was a light meal but we still felt like we ate too much given the big brunch we had. 

My back is a little better, I guess. Not where I need it to be but I don't think I am going to take any more sick days from work. Fingers crossed I've passed out of the "rest is best" and into the "exercise is best" portion of caring for a poorly back. 

• Like 3

You should all follow me over here when I am going to be the greatest motherfucker that you're ever gonna meet. 

• Like 2