• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

deftona

Mr Motivator MBE : Deffy Fights a Man With A Perm (Deffy # 63)

I'm so happy it went well! It completely seems like he would have just been happy with your attention (and the hummer) and everything else was a bonus, as it should be. Well done.

• Haha 1

Glad TH enjoyed his birthday - you obviously put a lot of effort into it and it paid off. Wish him a belated happy birthday from me.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 6:59 AM, WhiteGhost said:

I think it's called a Hummer Two :P 

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, that's exactly what I meant! 

18 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

YAY! I'm so happy TH had such a lovely birthday! You really went all out to make it extra-special. 

I'm so proud of myself to still be able to surprise him after all these years! Also that I could make a day we spent entirely in the house so special. 

15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Well that just makes my heart warmer'n fresh peach cobbler.

yeehaw-intensify-47340438.png

That picture is a lot cuter that it has any right to be! 

14 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

giphy.gif

Thanks! 

11 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Good work.  🙂

Thank you! 

6 hours ago, Xena said:

I'm so happy it went well! It completely seems like he would have just been happy with your attention (and the hummer) and everything else was a bonus, as it should be. Well done.

He's a very easily pleased man but I spent the day pandering to his every whim and who wouldn't like that?!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jarric said:

Glad TH enjoyed his birthday - you obviously put a lot of effort into it and it paid off. Wish him a belated happy birthday from me.

Thank you! I will :)

• Thanks 1

Friday Update

Another do nothing day. I made us scrambled eggs for breakfast and then we played Mario Kart all day. His new record player got delivered in the afternoon so I swung by my parents house to pick that up, and he tested it out when we got home and this one is perfect. So we listened to Songs:Ohia while I made us dinner which was fish and chips, then we played more Mario Kart and watched more wrestling documentaries. 

I started to feel dreadful in the evening but that's probably because I have been subsisting on very little sleep and eating chocolate cake for most of my meals. A vegetable wouldn't go amiss, but I started today with a lot more sleep than I have been getting so I feel like I am starting to pull it back a bit. I am going to start my DIY project next week and I am excited for that so I am going to start planning and researching for that, costing it up and making a pinterest board. 

Wow, is this what middle age feels like.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, deftona said:

Wow, is this what middle age feels like.

Hey! Since we are the same age I can tell you we're miles away from being middle aged!

source.gif

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Terah said:

Hey! Since we are the same age I can tell you we're miles away from being middle aged!

source.gif

If I remember correctly I am 14 days older than you and those two weeks make all the difference, Terah!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, deftona said:

middle age

Today I as excited about building nest boxes for.my chickens.

3 hours ago, deftona said:

I've always had that :( 

I thought yours was explained, though.  Because of the ... Unbalanced forward-loading.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

I thought yours was explained, though.  Because of the ... Unbalanced forward-loading.

Do you know I have never actually considered that might be why. 

Time to grow the arse to balance myself out.

• Like 1

Oh yes, I know it happens to other people. But for some reason I have never considered it might be the cause of any of my aches and pains. I'm still not sure it is, my mom has a spinal condition that is hereditary, I just assumed it was that. 

Saturday Update

We woke up together and had a lazy morning in bed, then I made us some boiled eggs and soldiers. We were going to clean the house but we both decided we couldn't be arsed with that and instead we played some Mario Kart. TH watched football and I went to my parents to pick up some lingerie I'd ordered (yes I do need more) and when I got home I measured up and researched my DIY project but I think I need to go and do a reccy because for whatever reason it wasn't making much sense to me looking online, I think I need to see it in person. We had some drinks in the garden, then I made us steak and mezzalune for dinner, and then we spent the rest of the evening listening to TH's records in candlelight in the living room. Hospice by The Antlers isn't music, it's a work of freaking art. I had never heard it before but it's incredible. It's music to just listen to though, it's definitely not background music while you're doing something else - it needs your full attention. 

After this we watched a documentary about Chris Benoit and came to bed pretty late. I have eaten so much birthday cake over the last few days, I need to eat better AND I WILL.

• Like 7

19 hours ago, deftona said:

If I remember correctly I am 14 days older than you and those two weeks make all the difference, Terah!

LOL, I'm 23 days older than my husband and he calls ME old all the time :D  

47 minutes ago, deftona said:

We woke up together and had a lazy morning in bed, then I made us some boiled eggs and soldiers. We were going to clean the house but we both decided we couldn't be arsed with that and instead we played some Mario Kart

This sounds like the perfect morning ❤️ 

• Like 1

Sunday Update

We did decide to go and do the reccy for the DIY projects I want to do. We went to Ikea first, parked up, and when we walked towards the queue that was snaking all around the car park I just had a nope moment and we got straight back in the car and left. Life's too short to queue that long for low quality shit. Instead, we went to B&Q because I know what I need to get from Ikea, and it's just a shelf that's the perfect size so everything else I can acquire from elsewhere. We also drove to Matalan, Dunelm and The Range, so pretty much every homeware store within easy reach. We're looking for a mirror, that is a specific, non standard size and it's a bit of a nightmare really. There is a wall with an ingress in the dining room that was designed for a  mirror so anything too small will look really weird but I think we're struggling. We're going to the antiques shop today because I'd rather get something with personality than something mass produced, even if it might be haunted. 

We played a bit of Mario Kart in the evening, then spent the rest of the night in the garden in the waning sunshine listening to Lana Del Rey. It was very lovely. We had poppadoms and onion bhajis for dinner, then we listened to records (Physical Graffiti by Zeppelin and The Dirty South by the Drive by Truckers) and I made a plan of my DIY project (ON GRAPH PAPER LIKE A FUCKING PRO) to plot out where I want everything. I am doing a DIY project properly for the first time in my life, because now I am a grown ass adult and I don't want it to look like actual shit. 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Could you go to a glazier and have a mirror cut to size?

Yes, I could have but luckily we found a beautiful one that will work very nicely :) The glazer was the next step if we'd exhausted all our other options.

(It's like this, but a bit more intentionally weathered)

altori-antique-french-style-rectangle-mi

6 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I love graph paper, haunted mirrors, and lana del rey, so that sounds like a great day!

We should hang out sometime, Cheetah. We'd get on swimmingly :) 

• Like 7

Monday Update

I started the day with a StrongCurves session and 30 minutes on the elliptical, then we put all our reccy knowledge to use and went out to buy the stuff for the DIY project. We went to the antiques shop and got what we could from there, and although we saw around 10 old church pews, all of them were just a little too wide of the ingress I want to put it in the hall opposite the cellar door. I am very disappointed with that because that would look bomb with the stained glass in the hall. The search continues.

We stopped in on my parents because my mom is still have issues and they sent for an ambulance for her yesterday to take her into hospital. There was a massive delay in getting her seen (ideological underfunding of the national health service over the last decade with this banana republic government in power) and she had to stay the night. I'm not sure how long she's going to be there today so I need to be on call if they need me at all for anything. But back to yesterday - we toured more DIY shops grabbing as much as we could that we will need. TH asked me in the morning if I thought we'd have the shelves up by the end of the day. I told him we had no intention of even starting until the next day because these projects are never as simple as they appear. He still thinks it's going to be a small job, but then I am not sure he has ever done a DIY project before and he is a sweet innocent summerchild. 

We got back late and as we'd had to swing by Ikea for photo frames I bought some of the meatballs you cook at home so we had that for dinner. We spent the evening chatting in the library and waiting for news from my mom. Hopefully she gets somewhere today :(

• Like 7

7 hours ago, deftona said:

I started the day with a StrongCurves session and 30 minutes on the elliptical, then we put all our reccy knowledge to use and went out to buy the stuff for the DIY project. We went to the antiques shop and got what we could from there, and although we saw around 10 old church pews, all of them were just a little too wide of the ingress I want to put it in the hall opposite the cellar door. I am very disappointed with that because that would look bomb with the stained glass in the hall. The search continues.

As you might imagine, I'm interested in and supportive of your attempts to churchify your house.

• Like 3