• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

deftona

Mr Motivator MBE : Deffy Fights a Man With A Perm (Deffy # 63)

2 hours ago, deftona said:

Friends, listen up.... MY PROJECT IS FINISHED

Wow! That looks gorgeous and I'm jealous of your library ❤️ 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, deftona said:

Did she always lay blue ones or were they sometimes other colours? I thought maybe blue eggs were laid by sad chickens. 

Always blue, although she might also have been perpetually sad.  chickens don't have facial expressions so it's hard to tell.

9 hours ago, deftona said:

rABV1aS.jpg

I love what you've done!  I can definitely see it with a full-length window seat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

If you don't take 8 trips to the hardware store have you really even done a project?

this. this is so true.

Congrats Deffy!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Terah said:

Wow! That looks gorgeous and I'm jealous of your library ❤️ 

I always wanted my own library ever since I was tiny. If you'd have told me I would have a library when I was older (and a gym too) I would have assumed I'd win the lottery at some point but no, we just got very lucky finding this house. 

8 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

library looks awesome!!!!!!!!! ❤️

7 hours ago, Jarric said:

I want a library like yours so much! Well done on managing to avoid more B&Q!

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I love what you've done!  I can definitely see it with a full-length window seat.

Thanks! Ironically though I actually did very little to the library beyond turning a cabinet on it's side and draping over a blanket and some cushions! But the cat does love to sit on it and watch the world go by, I think she has finally put two and two together and realised the cars she hears in that room are the same as the cars she sees go by from high up on her cat tree in our bedroom :) 

I know it's the biggest first world problem ever but the library needs a lot of work to get to how I want it but that's the next big project. 

5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Ahhhh! It all looks so good! The result is effortless looking. 

Yes, these things are annoying like that aren't they?!

2 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Congrats Deffy!

Thanks Trippy! 

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

If you don't take 8 trips to the hardware store have you really even done a project?

Word. 

• Like 6

On 9/24/2020 at 9:24 AM, deftona said:

(but for reals - I had a male friend say to me once that I was a way better girlfriend than his girlfriend so I told him to take a good look at how he treats her first before he starts with that bullshit because I wouldn't have been anywhere near as good a girlfriend to him as I am to TH because that shit is reciprocal )

There's so much to say on this topic, along with stuff about nuances and people having a limited amount of energy that is best spent where your partner appreciates it most, regardless of what Being A Good Girlfriend TM means,

and any partner not aware of that being the choice process his partner makes, has some stuff to reconsider, and some self-knowledge to acquire, because that's a lot more important than being able to boast your girlfriend is the Better Girlfriend TM With Qualities/Stuff She Does For You That You Can Show Off As Such,

but that was an epic response regardless of all that 💪

Also, hi, I am more of a lurker again these days, and also: congrats with your projects being done!! :) That window space is indeed made for a couch/bench thing to fill it up. :)

Also, family friends of ours go to church regularly in England & I can confirm the spaces also do not look anything like a church inside. But I did not closely read what the conversation was about besides that, so this is where I will stop talking about this topic :D

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Aθena said:

There's so much to say on this topic, along with stuff about nuances and people having a limited amount of energy that is best spent where your partner appreciates it most, regardless of what Being A Good Girlfriend TM means,

and any partner not aware of that being the choice process his partner makes, has some stuff to reconsider, and some self-knowledge to acquire, because that's a lot more important than being able to boast your girlfriend is the Better Girlfriend TM With Qualities/Stuff She Does For You That You Can Show Off As Such,

I think it's more that he could see more what I do for TH and the way I am with him and talk about him (mostly, when we're not doing DIY together) because he was my friend. He never saw it from the other side so much as in all the stuff TH does for me. We both make each other our number one priority and I think that's the secret to an awesome relationship because if you're both doing that, you're both equal priorities as you would be if you're making yourself number one, but you're spending your time making someone else happy which has superboosting psychological and social benefits too. Of course this can only happen if neither of you is a massive bastard because I can see how it can quite easily become how one person can make the other the number one priority but the other never seriously gets behind it and you both end up making the same person happy meaning one person's needs are never being met. 

I feel like I just explained all that terribly because I am incredibly relaxed after a particularly zen bath and I feel like I can't find the energy to make the effort to put the words in my brain into the right order so they make sense. Actually, I feel kinda stoned wtf was in that bubble bath. I dunno, but I'm buying it again. 

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, deftona said:

I think it's more that he could see more what I do for TH and the way I am with him and talk about him (mostly, when we're not doing DIY together) because he was my friend. He never saw it from the other side so much as in all the stuff TH does for me. We both make each other our number one priority and I think that's the secret to an awesome relationship because if you're both doing that, you're both equal priorities as you would be if you're making yourself number one, but you're spending your time making someone else happy which has superboosting psychological and social benefits too. Of course this can only happen if neither of you is a massive bastard because I can see how it can quite easily become how one person can make the other the number one priority but the other never seriously gets behind it and you both end up making the same person happy meaning one person's needs are never being met. 

Amazing.

340?cb=20180425021721

Every word you just said was right.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, deftona said:

Ok I need to know the train of thought behind this. 

It was a very convoluted one for sure.

Spoiler

It all started out when Ghostess got a new TV for her office which she can use for teleconferencing.  It has a built in camera that will follow you around the room as you move and can be both an IPTV and a giant monitor for your phone.  Because it is the same brand as her phone, she can also use it as a fully integrated video conferencing system as well, which is why she got it.  Well, she likes it so much she wanted to get one for our home as well.  

However, the TV doesn't come in a size small enough to fit our current TV cabinet, even though the thing takes up a whole wall.  It was basically a shelf for up to a 60" TV and then tons of shelving around it.  We had one other wall in the Living room big enough for it, but that is where I hang my projector screen that goes with the Xbox.  We decided to swap the two, but in order to hang the screen we had to get rid of the TV cabinet.  Since we also had a whole bunch of wedding pictures coming, we decided to make the old TV location into a picture wall, with the projector screen in front of it that can be lowered down when playing xbox.  The new TV went on the other wall where the screen was.  This was all simple enough, except now we have a bunch of stuff that used to have shelves around the TV that needed a home.  So we tore out the ugly shelves on the opposite wall that were there when we moved in and replaced them with an entire wall of cabinets.  The old sofa set (which was also broken from Ghostlet practicing parkour on it) didn't match the new decor so we replaced that with a new set.  We also no had room for a larger dinner table over by the picture wall, so we got rid of the old one and bought a newer one that can seat more than 4 people so guests don't have to stand and eat.  

All this tearing stuff out and getting rid of old furniture meant that the entire living room would be empty while we waited for the new stuff to come.  We all hate the old flooring because it is warped and creaky and also has huge cracks between the boards which collect everything that falls on it so this presented the opportunity to replace the floor.

It all kind of makes sense if you look at each step f the progression, but mission creep is serious business in home remodeling.

23 hours ago, deftona said:

Friends, listen up.... MY PROJECT IS FINISHED. As are the five other projects that rampantly spawned from the original project. My house is completely perfect for this hot minute before I go back to my old trash ways and forget that currently everything has a place and everything is IN THAT PLACE. It took another 10 hours of work but it's all done with the exception of the mirror we're having custom made for the alcove in the dining room. 

Let me check my watch to start the countdown for when the next project will start... :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

Let me check my watch to start the countdown for when the next project will start... :P 

I know, right. There are only two more rooms I can do by myself as everything else either needs major building work or screws putting into the wall which I have vowed I am never doing myself again. One is the kitchen which always involves a level of disruption so I am going to put that off as long as I can, and the other is to update my dressing room which I haven't even started a pinterest board for yet so it'll be a little while! 

• Like 3

Friday Update

A day without a ton of DIY to do and I wouldn't have been sure of what to do with myself if my parents hadn't come to my rescue needing my help so I drove over there really early. I did some housework for them and helped my mom with some personal care bits. She can't really do anything herself as she can't sit or stand, she can only lie down, and my dad is her full time carer but he isn't in the best of health either. I feel like this is the beginning of them needing me a lot permanently but that's fine. I knew this day would come. While I was over there I got my dad to check my blood sugar and although I had eaten a giant sausage sammich with tomatoes and also a chocolate bar, my sugars were fine which is always encouraging to know. Luckily it seems I didn't get my dad's genes for diabetes but that could be because we're not blood related and it doesn't transmit through marriage. Who knows though, that's a question for the scientists, not the philosophers like me. 

I got home and played Mario Kart with TH for a little bit, then we got bored of that so we watched Bake Off but I fell asleep to it. We woke up wanting takeaway pizza but this Covid crap has had a single benefit in that we haven't eaten out or had takeaway since February and this should be an easy win going forward when I am mentally and emotionally ready for weight loss again which I am hoping will be Monday because I feel like Jabba the Hut. We drove to a supermarket and bought some pizza, had that for dinner, and then I had a really long bath. 

I am going to start a 12 week body transformation programme on Monday devoted to health rather than aesthetics which really isn't my style but I am wondering if the reason I am finding it so hard to be arsed is because in today's world, looking hot isn't going to cut it. That Dude keeps telling me I need to prepare for the end of the world just in case, and he is probably right. Although he did tell me in the mad max wasteland future he is imagining, everyone will be lining up repopulate the world with me as I have good genes so he thinks I will make a good honeytrap which honestly isn't how I saw my role in this dystopia but I guess it means I have a good chance of survival which I imagine is all that will be important when civilisation falls. 

And then in the unlikely scenario where civilisation doesn't fall I will already be hotter by the time I care about that again. Use your environment to your advantage, guys. We've got this. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • That's Metal 1

11 hours ago, deftona said:

after a particularly zen bath and I feel like I can't find the energy to make the effort to put the words in my brain into the right order so they make sense. Actually, I feel kinda stoned wtf was in that bubble bath. I dunno, but I'm buying it again. 

You said it perfectly, and I agree with Tank, and also want to know what you put in your bath!

We don't have a bath tub, but I recently discovered I can still enjoy a shadow of the awesomeness that is a tub if I do a foot bath...With blankets/pillows to be comfy :D Going to try adding a face steaming component to the make believe sometime soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aθena said:

also want to know what you put in your bath!

It was only this! 

Radox Muscle Soak bath soap receives warning from beauty therapist over  claims it might 'induce early labour' - OK! Magazine

And I mean, on the bottle it doesn't say it contains ketamine but I am wondering if it might. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Honeytrap!!!!

What's a girl gotta do to be wanted FOR HER MIND AND WILD KUNG FU SKILLS

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Can you see my gifs, I’m trying a new way to post them?

I can! I'd noticed you'd suddenly become very gif happy!

12 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Tapatalk has a gif button now. The choices are a bit weak sauce, but I don’t have to go back to a browser and try two or three times to get a gif that works.

Your gifs are even showing up for me :) 

• Like 2

Saturday Update

The in-laws were supposed to come yesterday to see TH after not being able to come and see him a couple of weeks ago because of that Covid test nobody took for reasons we'll never understand, but my father in law was rushed into hospital with appendicitis. As well as being worried about him, TH was really disappointed he wasn't going to see his family yet again for his birthday (he still hasn't had any of his presents off them either) so I told him to get dressed and get in my car and I took him record shopping in my local city so he got yet more birthday gifts. Everyone in the city was being a dickhead about Covid - it's the first time TH has properly been out into the thick of it since the end of February and like I predicted, the only people really going out and about are those that aren't really taking it seriously. TH has no desire to go back out into it any time soon which I am glad about. We bought packaged sandwiches to eat on a bench because I am still not happy about eating food that has been cooked by others in case they've coughed their covid all over it, and I drove us into the city as I wasn't going to tempt TH to want to go to the pub because no way was I setting foot in that germ factory. 

We got back home and I made some naan breads and then in the evening I made sheekh kebabs and chicken tikka to go on the naans with onion salad and mint yoghurt sauce and I ran two of the naan kebabs over to my parents house for their dinner too. We got back and listened to records in the lamplight with drinks. It was a lovely way to spend the evening and the new Idles album is incredible. 

• Like 10