• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Strickland5

Scout Camp - Keep Breathing Edition

Because you just have to laugh, so last nights bike ride turned into a really long T2 transition. Daughters bike tire went flat near the half way point of our ride, so we traded bikes and I ran the almost 2.5 miles back to the house pushing it. Brought back memories of all the miles I pushed the jogging stroller(s)  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

image.png

In honor of Halloween coming up, have any of you ever done a costumed race on Halloween? or some other time?

Yes, the Hairy Gorilla Half which is an awesome trail race (http://www.hairygorillahalf.com/), a local 5k here and there, and believe it or not the big local Thanksgiving run is full of people running in costumes; which I found out last year is only a local tradition. We traveled for Thanksgiving so I ran their local Turkey Trot and was the only one in a costume. Oh well, the people enjoyed it. All the little kids were pointing out and cheering for Olaf, made a few other runners smile and chuckle, what really got loud was when I ran by the water station manned by the girls and boys cross country teams the poor other runners around me at that time.    

• Like 2

October is usually the month for the local 80s 5K.  Last year my mom was visiting so we did a family run (walk). Costumes ranged from 80s aerobics to 80s cartoon characters.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Capt Frost said:

Yes, the Hairy Gorilla Half which is an awesome trail race (http://www.hairygorillahalf.com/), a local 5k here and there, and believe it or not the big local Thanksgiving run is full of people running in costumes; which I found out last year is only a local tradition. We traveled for Thanksgiving so I ran their local Turkey Trot and was the only one in a costume. Oh well, the people enjoyed it. All the little kids were pointing out and cheering for Olaf, made a few other runners smile and chuckle, what really got loud was when I ran by the water station manned by the girls and boys cross country teams the poor other runners around me at that time.    

5 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

October is usually the month for the local 80s 5K.  Last year my mom was visiting so we did a family run (walk). Costumes ranged from 80s aerobics to 80s cartoon characters.

I loved both of these! I totally want to run in an 80s 50K now. I think I'd try for some kind of early Madonna look.

I've only done a couple, but with pretty low key costumes. I remember in college a couple friends and I did a 5 k as 3 Blind mice. And I did a long relay race with a group of 11 other women I didn't know before (I somehow got set up as a fill-in). Their thing was to wear bright pink wigs and tutus (mostly between relay legs, not to much while running). The costumes were fun, but it was a completely high maintenance group of women. After being stuck in a van with them for 24+ hours I was very happy for some time on my own.

• Like 1