• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

The Swing of the Axe: Tanktimus Sticks to What Works

An analogy I'm rather fond of is comparing progress or healing to chopping down a tree. Each individual swing of the axe seems to have very little individual effect. However, if one keeps swinging, eventually the tree will go down. It will feel like there is no progress; if one judges the effectiveness of an individual  swing by whether or not it brings down the tree there is a huge set up for disappointment. When the three does fall, giving the credit to the final swing dishonors every other swing that came before. Each swing of the axe is equally important, for they all contributed to the fall of the tree.

With that said, here's how I will be swinging the axe.

• Workouts:
    • I'll shoot for three KB workouts a week. It doesn't really matter how many reps or how heavy the bell, what matters is I consistently work out.
    • I'll shoot for three stretch sessions a week. At least 30 seconds each of forward fold and squat are what are needed to get credit. That may not seem like much, but consistency even with those two stretches have positive benefits over time.
  • Nutrition:
    • I'll keep cooking as often as I can.
    • I'll eat out as little as possible.
    • Because of my pre-diabetes warning, I'll have as little added sugar as I can.

As a warning, I often describe what I have cooked in ways that make people want to eat, so I advise you to come to this thread well fed.

• Like 24
  • That's Metal 2

10 hours ago, deftona said:

Other people may come and swing the axe here. But I'll always have been the first to comment. 

Take That GIFs | Tenor

You win the prize.

first_prize-512.png

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I'm here with my axe

You Have My Sword, And My Bow, And My Axe | Know Your Meme

I'd have been disappointed if someone had not posted this.

1 hour ago, Dusk said:

Hi hello 👋
That’s an amazing analogy, wow. I’m filing that away for future reference.

You're welcome to it. I use it often.

33 minutes ago, annyshay said:

giphy.gif

He's serious about coming fed, people. ;) 

Like, hey Scoob, do ya think we ought to eat something before reading Tank's thread?

Rooby Rooby DOO!

8 minutes ago, fearless 2.0 said:

hell yessss: following!!!! :)

giphy.gif

Welcome!

• Like 5

That quote is pure gold! I was having a chat with one of my athletes just now where I was trying to make this exact point, so it was good to send her the quote to sort of summarise our conversation. If she does ever become world champion I'll be sure to mention your contribution ;)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

This may be the first time ever I have gotten in on the first page of one of your threads!

(also, following!)

Congrats and welcome!

37 minutes ago, fleaball said:

🗿 There’s no axe emoji which is dumb, so I’m leaving this guy instead. Because I can. 

Welcome, make yourself at home.

4 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

That quote is pure gold! I was having a chat with one of my athletes just now where I was trying to make this exact point, so it was good to send her the quote to sort of summarise our conversation. If she does ever become world champion I'll be sure to mention your contribution ;)

I'll take that mention.

• Like 1

Quite a good saying. Good luck this challenge. Hopefully, you can successfully battle against the pre diabetes! (there is sugar in so many things!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rinna said:

Hi.  Don’t kniw where I’m at, page wise.  But here I am.

Page 1.

2 hours ago, Silkie said:

Motiated.gif

Welcome to my challenge and the Ranger Corps.

1 hour ago, Tateman said:

Quite a good saying. Good luck this challenge. Hopefully, you can successfully battle against the pre diabetes! (there is sugar in so many things!)

Thank you. I'm not avoiding all sugar, just obviously sweet things.

2 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

YAY! Swing away, Tank!

Thank you!

Now, before you go on, for any newcomers, when I said don't come here hungry, I meant it.

You were warned.

Today is a good day. We did church online (live church starts next week!), then had lunch. I made totwaffles. As much as that sounds dirty, it's not (though I'm reasonably sure the creator intended it to sound that way based on what I linked). We didn't make the syrupchup, but Sra. Tanque did put syrup and ketchup on hers at different times, where they mixed tasted good. I also made scrambled bacon and eggs to go on top, whereas Sra. Tanque put ketchup and syrup on hers, I put shredded cheese, salsa and hotsauce on mine. It was amazing.

Between lunch and dinner I did some stretching because I had worked out so little the week before. 

For dinner I made burgers with pre-formed patties (ground sirloin) seasoned with olive oil, salt, and pepper on both sides and left to sit so that the salt will penetrate and flavor the burger. Meanwhile I roasted broccoli florets, sliced red onion, and sliced red bell pepper with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and red wine vinegar for 20 minutes at 450 degrees. They came out heavenly. The burgers were cooked on a cast iron skillet; I melted provolone slices on the burgers the last minute of the second side. The buns were dressed with a mixture of sour cream and horseradish sauce. I put a few uncooked red onion slices on them. It was all really good.

• Like 12

Not only does that sound HECKING DELICIOUS, that thread you linked describing how to cook it was hilarious. My soul is fed. I wish I had a waffle iron...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Totwaffles!!!!

Mine didn’t turn out :(

It helps if you put enough tots in the waffle iron that it takes some strength to close the iron, and run it for 1.5 to 2 cycles. 

34 minutes ago, Dusk said:

Not only does that sound HECKING DELICIOUS, that thread you linked describing how to cook it was hilarious. My soul is fed. I wish I had a waffle iron...

That writer is gifted, for sure. Will it waffle?

As for waffle irons, I don't know your budget, but decent ones seem to be around $100 on amazon. Be warned, they are a pain to clean.

• Like 5

Totwaffles I can get behind (we have something that I assume is similar over this side of the ocean, but it comes pre-waffled and all you need to do is cook it), but syrupchup? Reading the word and what was in it had me shuddering, body breaking out in goosebumps of actual horror.

...but the burgers sound delightful!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1