• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

The Swing of the Axe: Tanktimus Sticks to What Works

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day. I did the NF Prime Mobility workout for the day in the morning then cleaned around in the kitchen and took it easy. Lunch was really good. I seasoned some pork chops with salt, pepper, mustard powder, garlic powder, dried oregano and dried rosemary and let them sit for a while absorbing the flavors. Meanwhile I chopped an onion and three honey crisp apples and cooked them in avocado oil till they were soft. While that was going on I melted 2 tbsp butter in a cast iron skillet then cooked the chops at medium heat for six minutes a side. Low and slow is the way to go with cast iron, it doesn't cause smoking like they'll do if you over heat them. The chops were amazing.

Once the apples and onions were soft I added apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, baby spinach and 1 tbsp butter. I stirred till the spinach was wilted. When I served that I topped it with chopped walnuts and crumbled goat cheese. It was very good.

I'm constantly looking for new ways to do pork chops (Mr. Right loves them) and this sounds bangin! Thanks :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

I'm constantly looking for new ways to do pork chops (Mr. Right loves them) and this sounds bangin! Thanks :)

Bangin is indeed the correct word.

Today is a good day. Got to spend the morning at home with the family. I tried @Elastigirl's KB Swing ladder. (EMOM starting with 10 swings and adding one each round till you do 20, another twenty and then back down to ten). I made it to 20 swings on a round and then coming back down I did 13, 12, 11, 10, 9 and stop. I might have done more but I want to use my glutes tomorrow. It comes out to 220 swings with a 20 pound bell. It was a good workout. I also made lunch, which was chicken pot pie soup. This is similar, but distinct from the slow cooker version of chicken pot pie I tried earlier in the challenge.

I cooked diced onion, celery and carrot for five minutes in avocado oil with salt, pepper, and white wine vinegar, adding minced garlic about 4 minutes in. I then added 2 tbsp flour and stirred, cooking for another minute. I then added 2c milk a little at  a time, making sure it absorbed into the flour. Halfway through that I got impatient and added the rest, and then I added 4 cups chicken broth. I also added some chopped fresh parsley, 2 cups of peas, and about 2 pounds of rotisserie chicken. I let it come to a simmer then put the heat on medium low and let it cook for 15 minutes. It was very good, especially with buttered pumpernickel toast. 

A good workout and a good meal to end the challenge. New boards go up tomorrow.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

tried @Elastigirl's KB Swing ladder. (EMOM starting with 10 swings and adding one each round till you do 20, another twenty and then back down to ten). I made it to 20 swings on a round and then coming back down I did 13, 12, 11, 10, 9 and stop. I might have done more but I want to use my glutes tomorrow.

Being able to use your glutes is an important consideration. Even more if your house has stairs (ask me how I know that one😉)

• Haha 3

Oh how heavenly naps are when you’ve had to struggle through taking care of a little person while you have low energy. I totally get the not feeling like cleaning her up after so not doing the activity. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Being able to use your glutes is an important consideration. Even more if your house has stairs (ask me how I know that one😉)

Our House has stairs. I'm not sore today, which tells me I stopped in time.

6 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Oh how heavenly naps are when you’ve had to struggle through taking care of a little person while you have low energy. I totally get the not feeling like cleaning her up after so not doing the activity. 

Yes, a nap when desperately needed is very awesome.

New Challenge is up. I'm very much done with this one:

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1