7 hours ago, deftona said:

This is wonderful :) 

Do you have a challenge this time around? I have tried to find it a few times but I haven't seen one.

I know, I think it’s going to be the foundation of my next challenge. 

I don’t have a challenge this time! I feel like my plate is full,  so I’m just hanging out this time. 

• Like 4

Staying strong at 245.  I haven't done a whole lot about it, exercise-wise. I'm cutting back on sugar,  and now I'm going to add more vegetables and fruits to my diet, naturally cutting back on stuff that isn't as useful for my body. 

Mom tested positive for Covid earlier this week.  And a couple days later, Dad started having symptoms, and now I have them.  Dad and I didn't bother to get tested because it seems pretty obvious.  I'm confident we have omicron.  There are night sweats, sore throats,  lower back pain, aches, mom and dad are coughing and have headaches,  runny noses, and I occasionally have chest pain and feel like I'm out of breath.  No one is seriously ill, and Mom is starting to feel a lot better. Dad is coughing a LOT. He seems to have it the worst, which is what we expected.  But nothing scary or horrible, and I'm really grateful for vaccines. 

That's all from me! I'm going to go clean and disinfect the bathroom and take a nap. Not in the bathroom. :D 

• Like 4

Well that’s just crappy. Sorry you got struck by the vid. Thank goodness for vaccines but it still stinks being sick. I hope you get all the rest you need and then some! 

• Thanks 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

22 hours ago, deftona said:

I hope everyone feels better soon. Hooray for vaccines indeed! 

15 hours ago, Shello said:

Well that’s just crappy. Sorry you got struck by the vid. Thank goodness for vaccines but it still stinks being sick. I hope you get all the rest you need and then some! 

thanks, friends! Mom is almost completely better, she just has a cough now and then. Dad is coughing less this morning and says he feels a lot better.  He said ‘ I really hope you dont get this” and I was really surprised by that and said “Dad, I’ve had it for days, I just don't have the cough.”  And yes, we’ve talked about it, but he doesn't listen to me half the time. Which IS annoying, yes, but not as much as it used to be.  

Today I am thankful for vodka and orange juice. 😂

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

Sorry to see you and your family getting hit with covid. Good to see you're all vaccinated and getting better. 

Thanks! 

7 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

Is vodka and orange juice the secret elixir or what?

i feel like the vodka burns out lingering stuff in my throat, so I have a shot in the evening. But the orange juice usually makes me feel better right away. That’s the real magic. 

tea is also really good when my chest hurts. But not coffee. Coffee makes me feel worse. 

I don’t feel awesome today so I’m going to play a lot of animal crossing , probably nap and drink a bucket of tea.  Mom feels fine now and dad is still sleeping which is good. 

have a great day! 

• Like 3

245! I'm really happy with that, considering how the year started out. Everyone is feeling better. Dad still has a cough and I'm waking myself up with amazing snores, but Mom is 100% and that's great! 

We're in the thick of Winter with its grey skies and muddy ground.  Now is the time to exercise, read books, and fill the house up with a lot of colorful decorations.

• Like 4
On 1/15/2022 at 6:29 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

245!

Awesome!

On 1/15/2022 at 6:29 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Everyone is feeling better.

Also Awesome!  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

I have a head cold. We got a covid test that I bought a while ago, and mom said “ you better take it so I know what to do with my appointments.” And its negative!  Its not bad. My throat hurts, my nose is runny, and I have aches and a low fever, but i can still breathe through my nose and I’m not coughing.

Venting:

dad is still coughing and he is getting lazy covering his mouth. He’s driving me nuts.  I just really want to shake him and say “ cover your mouth! Wash your hands!” Wtf

I just …argh! HES DOING IT RIGHT NOW!!!

i’m done. I’m gonna go drink some tea and watch Encanto again. 

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I just …argh! HES DOING IT RIGHT NOW!!!

UGH.  That is stinky.  But someone at that age who doesn't have the habit is not going to change now.  Sadly.  

• Like 1

Well, Dad is finally coughing less now.  Its really only been a week since he started coughing but it feels like FOREVER. I am the gross person now and I hates it.  I went for a walk, and am thinking about taking a hot shower and a nap. 

I figure this is karma getting me for being bitchy about dad’s constant coughing 😊

• Like 2

Hmmm,  I wonder where you might have picked something up.   I hope that nap helps!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shello said:

Hmmm,  I wonder where you might have picked something up.   I hope that nap helps!  

we only go to the grocery store now. Dad hasn’t been to the gym since Christmas. There are a LOT of people who don’t wear masks here, and I know that everything is spreading like wildfire here. Covid, flu, colds. It’s like everyone is making up for not getting it last year. Half the neighborhood is sick 

I’m super gross . But poor Dad is still coughing like crazy. I feel bad for him now. He’s so miserable. 

• Like 2

We have a mask mandate in place again but our governor is fighting it and filed a lawsuit.  There’s barely any press about it and not all stores are putting much effort into enforcing it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shello said:

We have a mask mandate in place again but our governor is fighting it and filed a lawsuit.  There’s barely any press about it and not all stores are putting much effort into enforcing it. 

Ah that's interesting.  There's no mandate here, our Governor is focused on getting people vaccinated.  You can get a feel for communities based on the grocery stores. In town, the corner market is about 50% masked, and at the grocery store the next town over, it's like 25% masked.  But if I go up another town over, 75% people are masked. 

I tested positive for Covid today, and now mom has a stomach bug. I heated up some soup today for her. She's worried she's getting covid again, but her symptoms are aches, chills, and nausea, so I think she's safe.  I'm still disinfecting everything and staying away when possible, because my symptoms are a little different. My throat is really sore, and neither mom nor dad had that.  Dad is avoiding both of us.  I had to cancel my dentist appointment next week, but nothing too devastating.  I'm really surprised it took me this long to feel sick since Mom tested positive at the beginning of the month.  (shrugs) I'm relieved that it sorta visited each of us in turn and that we weren't all really sick at once. Mom's stomach bug is very rude, not following the schedule :D 

At this point, I think it's reasonable to assume Mom got it from my nephew and then gave it to Dad who gave it to me.  I'm done being mad about it and I'm kinda done being a detective about it.  I just want to get everyone feeling better again and move forward. we're really fortunate that no one got seriously ill and I am super thankful every day for that.  I did read it's possible to get covid more than one in a month's time, but that so far it seems like the average is 3 months to reinfection. 

I think tonight I'm going to work on my challenge for next month, and drink a LOT of tea :D 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, deftona said:

I'm sorry to hear it finally got you! I think we're all just waiting our turn now, but I really hope you feel better soon. 

Thanks!

Last night and today have been the worst. Mom definitely has a stomach bug now, and I started running a fever and my throat hurt a LOT. I've been able to calm it down with tea, a hot shower, popsicles, and honey.  Dad is still coughing, but he says he's just tired.  He needs a lot of help getting meals ready, and I have been the helper since mom is vomiting, but I need a lot of down time to sleep and feel better so he's on his own between meals. It's hard for him, but he's working through it.  I keep finding bits of cheese throughout the kitchen :D 

We don't have a lot of sick people supplies so I ordered some from a grocery store and the closest one that delivers any day is 40 minutes away. We gave that driver a nice tip because you can see on the website her route and then we're just WAY out there, and we agreed it wasn't going to be a good weekly option. but it's good for emergencies.  Now we have saltines, cough drops, honey, tea, cookies (essential!) and orange juice.  It makes me very happy. 

• Like 2
On 1/22/2022 at 1:32 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I keep finding bits of cheese throughout the kitchen :D 

If that's the worst then he's doing alright.   

I'm glad to hear you've got the supplies you need!   

• Thanks 1

Good morning!

I weighed in this morning at 240.4.  I haven't eaten a lot this week, because I just didn't have much of an appetite this week between a stuffy head and loads of cough drops. I'll work to maintain the loss, but I'm usually skeptical of this kind of weight loss when I don't feel well, because it feels more like a side effect of being sick than a result of my efforts. 

And we move forward! Have a good week, everyone!

• Like 3