• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WhiteGhost

WhiteGhost Enters the Beyond Times

2020.  What a year, eh?

CAN YOU PLEASE JUST GO AWAY!! Poster | ellen | Keep Calm-o-Matic

Although most of the world is still being ravished by this terrible pandemic, my little corner of the world seems to be keeping it at bay for now.  The apocalypse came, it saw, it got bored and went elsewhere.  I am now in a post apocalyptic society and it is NOT like the movies promised.  In fact, it looks a lot like the pre-apocalyptic world did.  

For me the "New Normal" looks almost exactly like the "Old Normal"; kids are back in school, workers at back at work, tourists are touristing, and life is back to pretty much the way it was.  Oh, except no international travel.  Oh, and much less imported goods.  On the other hand better communication tools, so fair trade?

I Dont Know GIFs | Tenor

So now that things are back to normal, it is time for me to get back onto my game.  No more quarantine excuses or deferring stuff until things get better.  My plans for this challenge are ambitious, and I am excited to get to them

1.  Get Hench - Park workouts 3x/week.  The parks are open I'm ready to get back into the swing of things in the most literal way possible.  Time to get back to working on giants, kips, mills circles and other swingy gymnastics things, as well as my regular calisthenics stuff.  Leg work will happen too so it's a good thing I have plenty of time for these.  I will probably spent most mornings at the park until until winter.

I may also go to the gym a couple of times this challenge, but I suspect it will be no more than 3 times max.  If I do go, it will mostly be working on explosive leg exercises and maybe some backflip stuff.  Hopefully.

2. Pregnant* and barefoot in the kitchen - [Edited] We went through and organized our freezer over the weekend and discovered that we have about 10 different kinds sausage in there, along with other preserved meats, meatballs, etc.  My challenge this time around is to try and use up as much of that as possible by trying a bunch of varieties of meals.  Throwing them on bread with condiments is good but not something I want to eat every single day.  Also, some of the kinds of sausage we have don't lend to that as they vary in size from half a pinky finger to a Christmas Yule Log.  Recommendations are very welcome! Making my own sausage is just going to have to wait.

*Actual pregnancy is unlikely to happen 

3. Become a Wraith - Stretching, Mobility and Prehab.  Wraith (our cat) does a lot of stretching, pretty much every time she wakes up from all of her naps.  I am going to try to be more like her but doing stretches and mobility drills every day.  Mobility drills will focus on shoulder ROM and hip anterior tilt correction, stretching will be mostly compression and eki squats (aka 3rd world squats).  I have no aspirations at becoming more limber but if that happens I will take as a bonus.  My primary goal here is just to make sure I am keeping my key joints moving the way they should. Oh, and taking inspiration from @juliebarkley, I am going to work on doing some spinning stuff to see if it reduces dizziness.  No goals associated with this, just experimentation.  

4. Learn the skills - do something personal development/learning related at least once per day.  That could be playing the uke, doing duolongo, sketching, or even creative writing.  Ideal is one hour per day but honestly if I only do 1 minute I will be giving myself full credit.  Building the habit is the primary goal here.

5. Read a dang book.  I haven't read anything for months, now, even though I have a bunch of books waiting for me in my Kindle.  I really think I would be well served to read something non-fiction, but I am not sure what.  Recommendations from the peanut gallery?  Also, it has been a while since I cracked open my scriptures, I want to set a goal here of reading at least something every day, even if it is just one verse.

6. Play.  This is going to be mostly D&D because I am involved in 7 campaigns and am in discussions to possibly join one more.  I am DMing 4 of those.  Keeping myself prepared for the DM ones and taking time to enjoy the others is something I am looking forward to.  I may also play some xbox (and maybe wii) and that is fine.  I just need to make sure I am keeping some time for me to relax and just have some fun.  Stuff that doesn't involve mindlessly playing solitaire and sudoku on my phone all day.

Whew, that's a lot! 

Lots Of Work GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Well, time to get cracking!

• Like 12
  • That's Metal 2

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

2. Pregnant* and barefoot in the kitchen - I'm going to try my 5x5 cooking program again.  Maybe even bingo if there is demand for it.  Side quests will include attempts at making sausages and hamburger buns

c18dd80ab5ba39c43e7549c423b474d2b0a6e523

Following!

• Like 4

Following along too! 

Regarding reading, Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari is a great, general non fiction book. It's excellent. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

c18dd80ab5ba39c43e7549c423b474d2b0a6e523

Following!

Happy as always to have you along

7 hours ago, deftona said:

Following along too! 

Regarding reading, Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari is a great, general non fiction book. It's excellent. 

Thanks, I will look and see if I can find it.

• Like 3

Here and following!

"Nonfiction" is not very specific, you know. I just finished "Cannibalism: A Perfectly Natural History" by Bill Schutt and it was pretty fantastic, but I get it if that's not your speed. Any particular nonfiction area in particular you're interested in? History? Sociology? Life science? Physical science? Pedagogy? Biography?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Here and following!

"Nonfiction" is not very specific, you know. I just finished "Cannibalism: A Perfectly Natural History" by Bill Schutt and it was pretty fantastic, but I get it if that's not your speed. Any particular nonfiction area in particular you're interested in? History? Sociology? Life science? Physical science? Pedagogy? Biography?

That is about as specific as I have thought about, honestly.  I'm pen to suggestions from any type.  I love hearing about all the interesting things you guys are reading, and don't want to potentially exclude something interesting because maybe I would enjoy something outside of my normal area of interest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WhiteGhost said:

I love hearing about all the interesting things you guys are reading, and don't want to potentially exclude something interesting because maybe I would enjoy something outside of my normal area of interest.

Well, I certainly can't fault your reasoning.

I have a memo on my phone that carries a list of all the titles I come across that seem interesting. When it's time to pick something new to read, that's my first stop. Unfortunately, I usually just jot down the title and author, so I often find myself looking at the list and going, "What was that one about again...?" Kind of ruins the intended simplicity of the idea. And of course at this point there are like thirty items on that list, and some of them are just "___ series," so there end up being more books than titles listed.

• Like 2

Following along :D

On 9/4/2020 at 3:19 PM, WhiteGhost said:

5. Read a dang book.  I haven't read anything for months, now, even though I have a bunch of books waiting for me in my Kindle.  I really think I would be well served to read something non-fiction, but I am not sure what.  Recommendations from the peanut gallery?

Most of my non-fiction reading tends to be of the nature/adventure/travel type, though like you I'm open to anything. I'm currently re-reading Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer (about an Everest summit attempt where a lot of people died). Paul Carter is pretty funny (travel/memoir type books from a guy who used to work on a rig), Robert Macfarlane is very good (nature writer, Mountains of the Mind is a particular favourite). I could go on. If you want more in this specific area, I can provide!

On 9/5/2020 at 10:26 AM, Wobbegong said:

I just finished "Cannibalism: A Perfectly Natural History" by Bill Schutt and it was pretty fantastic

...adding this to my reading list, thank you!

• Like 1

How. Is. Your. New. Challenge. Up. So. Fast.

Hooray for solidarity on the stretching and the spinning! I've enjoyed being able to actually do rolls without fear (one somersault used to be enough to do me in), but the dizziness does not get less fun with time.

So, if you are a leetle more specific about what sort of things you'd like to read, I can totally help you find all the things. In fact, since they've forbidden us to do it at work (to keep people from hanging around too long), I miss it and would be downright delighted to help. :) With no other guidance than the fact that you like Pratchett and even though you said non-fic, I'll throw out my fiction favourite series for consideration: Johannes Cabal the Necromancer. Unfortunately the non-fiction on my shelf is mostly too niche for a general recommendation.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Well, I certainly can't fault your reasoning.

I have a memo on my phone that carries a list of all the titles I come across that seem interesting. When it's time to pick something new to read, that's my first stop. Unfortunately, I usually just jot down the title and author, so I often find myself looking at the list and going, "What was that one about again...?" Kind of ruins the intended simplicity of the idea. And of course at this point there are like thirty items on that list, and some of them are just "___ series," so there end up being more books than titles listed.

Sure, anything is fine, but probably something you have already read and really enjoyed.  I am not going to guarantee that I will read all of the recommended books, but I will take a look and pick one that looks interesting

5 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

Most of my non-fiction reading tends to be of the nature/adventure/travel type, though like you I'm open to anything. I'm currently re-reading Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer (about an Everest summit attempt where a lot of people died). Paul Carter is pretty funny (travel/memoir type books from a guy who used to work on a rig), Robert Macfarlane is very good (nature writer, Mountains of the Mind is a particular favourite). I could go on. If you want more in this specific area, I can provide!

Cool, I have heard off Into Thin Air but not the others.  I will take a look at them

4 hours ago, fleaball said:

lurking!

Lurkers are welcome here :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, juliebarkley said:

Hooray for solidarity on the stretching and the spinning! I've enjoyed being able to actually do rolls without fear (one somersault used to be enough to do me in), but the dizziness does not get less fun with time.

So, if you are a leetle more specific about what sort of things you'd like to read, I can totally help you find all the things. In fact, since they've forbidden us to do it at work (to keep people from hanging around too long), I miss it and would be downright delighted to help. :) With no other guidance than the fact that you like Pratchett and even though you said non-fic, I'll throw out my fiction favourite series for consideration: Johannes Cabal the Necromancer. Unfortunately the non-fiction on my shelf is mostly too niche for a general recommendation.

GLs have secret powers and can actually post before the challenge is open.  I could theoretically post my Christmas challenge already ;) 

Oh, I hate dizziness, but I also like doing spinny things.  I have seen that the dizziness can be trained away so I figured why not give it a shot.

As for non-fiction stuff, one book you mentioned earlier actually sounds quite interesting (the one about Muslim feminism).  In the past my non-fiction reading has been very hit or miss, and doesn't have any kind of genre limitations.  The one thing I will probably skip is military biographies.  I used to read loads of those but I want something that is more about learning something interesting than just being entertained.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, juliebarkley said:

Leading a Guild is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be...

unnatural. 

46 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

I could theoretically post my Christmas challenge already

You could post your 2021 Christmas challenge.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

As for non-fiction stuff, one book you mentioned earlier actually sounds quite interesting (the one about Muslim feminism).

It was a book of essays, so almost by definition a bit hit and miss. If the topic grabs you, Fatima Mernissi was a pioneering author on the topic. Her stuff is not light reading, but it is thoughtful and well-researched.

I scanned my shelves for fun to see what I could come up with. Do any of these strike your fancy?

This Gulf of Fire by Mark Molesky, on the Lisbon earthquake of 1755 and the lasting impact that it had on world history

The Medical Detective by Sandra Hempel, on the cholera outbreak of 1831 and the detective work that figured out how it was spreading

The Fourth Turning by William Strauss, on his theory of American history moving in cycles

Locust by Jeffrey Lockwood, on the rise and disappearance of locusts in the US (this doesn't sound exciting, but it was very good)

or, you could mix the classics and your desire to read more scripture, and try Augustine's Confessions.

• Like 3

Following!

And also, I wanted to say the cat transportation you guys use look awesome. Very futuresque. Almost like the flying cars in the Jettsons. :) 

Spoiler

rs_1024x759-170613132030-1024.The-Jetson

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 10:19 AM, WhiteGhost said:

5. Read a dang book.  I haven't read anything for months, now, even though I have a bunch of books waiting for me in my Kindle.  I really think I would be well served to read something non-fiction, but I am not sure what.  Recommendations from the peanut gallery? 

Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell is one I go back to fairly regularly. It's about how experts in a topic have enough knowledge and exposure that they can come to "gut reactions" or "snap conclusions" that aren't conscious but are hella well informed. Honestly, all of Malcolm Gladwell's books are well written and real-world applicable.

Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini is also a re-read for me, about seven main types of persuasion that people and companies use to sway your opinion. There's probably some american-cultural-mores bias, but a lot of it is general human reaction. 

Most of the rest of my library is either true crime, fantasy, or about modern day Russia which is neither exciting nor uplifting. I can, however, recommend anything by Mary Roach is you're looking for collections of facts and interesting stories around mildly taboo or icky subjects. Stiff: The Curious Life of Human Cadavers was a fascinating look at what happens to bodies after death. Not gory, but discusses things like rot and experiments with bodies donated to science in plain, indelicate words. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You could post your 2021 Christmas challenge

Wouldn't that be a hoot.  Post the challenge a year or more in advance and see how close I am to being actually on track to have those goals by then.  

14 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

It was a book of essays, so almost by definition a bit hit and miss. If the topic grabs you, Fatima Mernissi was a pioneering author on the topic. Her stuff is not light reading, but it is thoughtful and well-researched.

I scanned my shelves for fun to see what I could come up with. Do any of these strike your fancy?

This Gulf of Fire by Mark Molesky, on the Lisbon earthquake of 1755 and the lasting impact that it had on world history

The Medical Detective by Sandra Hempel, on the cholera outbreak of 1831 and the detective work that figured out how it was spreading

The Fourth Turning by William Strauss, on his theory of American history moving in cycles

Locust by Jeffrey Lockwood, on the rise and disappearance of locusts in the US (this doesn't sound exciting, but it was very good)

or, you could mix the classics and your desire to read more scripture, and try Augustine's Confessions.

Hmm, nothing there really strikes me as something I want to dive into right now, but I can look them up and perhaps add them to a "to read" list for future use.  

5 hours ago, Aθena said:

Following!

And also, I wanted to say the cat transportation you guys use look awesome. Very futuresque. Almost like the flying cars in the Jettsons. :) 

Reveal hidden contents

Welcome!  Interestingly enough they actually do look really like that.  If you convert the bottom two thingies into backpack straps it is almost an exact picture :D 

1 hour ago, Manarelle said:

Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell is one I go back to fairly regularly. It's about how experts in a topic have enough knowledge and exposure that they can come to "gut reactions" or "snap conclusions" that aren't conscious but are hella well informed. Honestly, all of Malcolm Gladwell's books are well written and real-world applicable.

Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini is also a re-read for me, about seven main types of persuasion that people and companies use to sway your opinion. There's probably some american-cultural-mores bias, but a lot of it is general human reaction. 

Most of the rest of my library is either true crime, fantasy, or about modern day Russia which is neither exciting nor uplifting. I can, however, recommend anything by Mary Roach is you're looking for collections of facts and interesting stories around mildly taboo or icky subjects. Stiff: The Curious Life of Human Cadavers was a fascinating look at what happens to bodies after death. Not gory, but discusses things like rot and experiments with bodies donated to science in plain, indelicate words. 

Ooh, I really think I would enjoy that first one.  I am definitely going to see if that one is available.  That one is for sure on the short list.  

Interesting that you mention Stiffs; @Wobbegong mentioned that one in her challenge as well.

--------------------------

So today was busy but not really doing much of what was in my challenge.  The sofa delivery guys said they were coming by with our new sofas around 8 but didn't end up arriving until almost 10.  Ghostess didn't feel like going into the office today so she worked from home which is always nice.  She even cooked, which meant that we had Chinese style sausage sandwiches which were pretty good

In the afternoon I tried out the new sofa by playing a bit of Skyrim.  I had to do it with the sound off, though, because Ghostess was having a conference call next to me.  I used her conference call as an excuse to not practice my uke.  Ghostess whipped up some wonderful fish with tofu for dinner which was amazing (also pictured above).  After dinner, we spent the evening finishing up all of the organizing for the living room and it is almost in finished order.  The only things left are a couple of display cabinets that we ordered which should be arriving in the next day or so. 

Ghostlet got assigned as the morning monitor, which means he needs to get there early and make sure the other kids are not making any noise or messing around during the 30 minute prep time before classes start.   He has to be there no later than 7:10, which means we need to be leaving the house by 6:45.  This is a very big adjustment for us, having gotten used to waking up around 10 every morning during the quarantine.  And with that, I need to go to bed if I expect to get any sleep.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Ghostlet got assigned as the morning monitor, which means he needs to get there early and make sure the other kids are not making any noise or messing around during the 30 minute prep time before classes start.   He has to be there no later than 7:10, which means we need to be leaving the house by 6:45.  This is a very big adjustment for us, having gotten used to waking up around 10 every morning during the quarantine.  And with that, I need to go to bed if I expect to get any sleep.

The Return of Responsibilities - the latest horror movie currently on display in China, coming soon to the rest of the world (hopefully). 

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Most of the rest of my library is either true crime, fantasy, or about modern day Russia which is neither exciting nor uplifting.

Please recommend true crime and modern day Russia books to me. I've been reading a bunch of Russian folk tales lately but there's a huge disconnect between that and the modern day experience. Lights All Night Long is on my list, but it's a novel.

Another one for WhiteGhost is "Without You, There Is No Us: Undercover Among the Sons of North Korea's Elite" by Suki Kim. She wrote a book about her experiences teaching English in NK. It's trippy and intense but a great read.

20 hours ago, Manarelle said:

The Return of Responsibilities - the latest horror movie currently on display in China, coming soon to the rest of the world (hopefully). 

It's a real mixed blessing, that's for sure

11 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Please recommend true crime and modern day Russia books to me. I've been reading a bunch of Russian folk tales lately but there's a huge disconnect between that and the modern day experience. Lights All Night Long is on my list, but it's a novel.

Another one for WhiteGhost is "Without You, There Is No Us: Undercover Among the Sons of North Korea's Elite" by Suki Kim. She wrote a book about her experiences teaching English in NK. It's trippy and intense but a great read.

This looks like one I would be all over.  I tried to by it today but it is not available through my limited marketplace.  The only thing from Suki Kim was a novel called "the translator"

------------------------

As expected, I woke up feeling pretty dead this morning.  After dropping Ghostlet off at school I can home and crawled back into bed for a bit and suddenly it was 11am.  Not sure how that happened, but I didn't feel any more rested for it :(  I felt like this all day:

I had a nice pastrami and cheddar sandwich for lunch.  Pastrami isn't a sausage, but for the purposes of this challenge I am including any kind of preserved/pre-cooked meat.  It was quite tasty.  I think it would have been better with Swiss, but I don't have any.

In the afternoon I tried to do some of the things on my productivity lest, so I got in some Russian & Spanish on the Duolingo, and then spent some time playing the Ukulele.  I even started working on a new song "Let it Be" because it is super easy but honestly I have a hard time getting excited about that song because it is SO BORING.  

When Ghostlet got home from school I made some spaghetti, and I was really in the mood for some pesto sauce so I got that our of the freezer but Ghostlet didn't want that so I used some of my leftover pizza sauce from last week and made him some with marinara sauce.  I chopped up some sausage and fried it up in the wok and added it to both of the spaghetti versions.  I was pleasantly surprised that it came out quite tasty for both versions.

After dinner I did some reading while Ghostlet was doing his homework.  I tried to download Sapiens based on @deftona's recommendation only to discover that it was in fact just a summary of the book for people who can't be bothered to read the real thing.  I went back to find the original but it was not there.  The same was true for Stiff.  I can't figure out why they are selling the summary versions of these books but not the originals; it makes no sense.  Blink was available so I downloaded that and read the intro and first chapter.  Very interesting read so far.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

After dropping Ghostlet off at school I can home and crawled back into bed for a bit and suddenly it was 11am.  Not sure how that happened, but I didn't feel any more rested for it :(  I felt like this all day:

I know this feeling well, it's horrible. Hopefully you get a good and proper rest tonight.

Also, that pasta looks incredibly tasty!

• Like 2

Ahh Sapiens is great! Enjoy :)

The last non-fiction I read was "learning all the time" by John Holt. I think it's great, but only if you're interested in alternative learning. 

And I really feel for you, getting up so early. Hope you get used to it soon. 

You know, not having to get up in time for school gives serious points to pro side on our decision chart regarding homeschooling yes or no. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

This looks like one I would be all over.  I tried to by it today but it is not available through my limited marketplace.

If you're not anti e-reader, I can send you a copy.

I'm never sure what the protocol is on sharing e-books. On the one hand, they're so easy to copy and widely distribute, it seems like sharing them might automatically be a form of piracy (unless like a library you have some kind of time limit programmed in) but on the other hand it's not like I don't share my physical books with my friends, so it seems unfair that such communal sharing of reading material should be prohibited... is sharing physical copies of books equally wrong?

Well, anyway, I'm happy to send it if you're comfortable with it, but if you're against it obviously I understand that too.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 7:19 AM, WhiteGhost said:

we have about 10 different kinds sausage in there, along with other preserved meats, meatballs, etc.  My challenge this time around is to try and use up as much of that as possible by trying a bunch of varieties of meals.  Throwing them on bread with condiments is good but not something I want to eat every single day.  Also, some of the kinds of sausage we have don't lend to that as they vary in size from half a pinky finger to a Christmas Yule Log.  Recommendations are very welcome!

Lap cheong lasagna?! LAP CHEONG LASAGNA.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

I know this feeling well, it's horrible. Hopefully you get a good and proper rest tonight.

Also, that pasta looks incredibly tasty!

Last night I slept much better

15 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Ahh Sapiens is great! Enjoy :)

The last non-fiction I read was "learning all the time" by John Holt. I think it's great, but only if you're interested in alternative learning. 

And I really feel for you, getting up so early. Hope you get used to it soon. 

You know, not having to get up in time for school gives serious points to pro side on our decision chart regarding homeschooling yes or no. 

I was looking forward to enjoying it until I discovered that it is just someone's book report about it and not the actual book itself.  I got a few pages into it and found it to be awful, which does not sound like the kind of thing Deffy would recommend.  A quick check revealed my error :( 

The good thing about this, though, is that once he is already AT school, I have the rest of the day to myself :) 

14 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

If you're not anti e-reader, I can send you a copy.

I'm never sure what the protocol is on sharing e-books. On the one hand, they're so easy to copy and widely distribute, it seems like sharing them might automatically be a form of piracy (unless like a library you have some kind of time limit programmed in) but on the other hand it's not like I don't share my physical books with my friends, so it seems unfair that such communal sharing of reading material should be prohibited... is sharing physical copies of books equally wrong?

Well, anyway, I'm happy to send it if you're comfortable with it, but if you're against it obviously I understand that too.

I have a kindle, but not any other device for reading e-books.  Unless it is a PDF or something.  

Re: the morality issue, I live in a grey area in which if I have the ability to pay for something I will do so, if it isn't available for sale where I am (many books, games, music, etc. are just not sold to people in China full stop) and I have no other way of getting it, I don't feel as bad about consuming a "pirated" version.

-----------------------

I woke up this morning at 5am (a good 45 minutes before my alarm) and was feeling nice and refreshed, and full of energy so I got out of bed and started going about my morning.  I must have gotten lucky and just woke up at a regular point in my sleep cycle.  After dropping Ghostlet off at school I got in a mini workout at home focusing on front levers.  I still can't go to the park because our display caninets still haven't been delivered even though they were supposed to come on Monday.  Who knows when they will actually show up.  We called the delivery people but they couldn't give us an estimate.  All we know is that they are extremely backlogged and they will get here when they get here :( 

For lunch I had an "adventure meal" which is the kind of thing I imagine fantasy heroes eating on their journeys.  My meal today consisted of some preserved beef, a block of cheese (gouda with cumin) and a fresh peach.   

In the afternoon I went spent a unch of time doing things on my list of things to be done: I played the uke for a bit, I did a Duolingo session, I sketched for a bit (first time in moths I have done this), prepped for my D&D session tomorrow, and even did some spinning stuff. 

Dinner was sausage & hash browns, which I ate with a side of mustard.  This was a breakfast only food for me growing up, but I felt like having it and there isn't anyone here to tell me I can't.  So we did :) 

In the evening I read some more of Blink and am now about ready for bed.

• Like 4