Rooted-1600-v3.jpg

Hello Friends and Nerds! I'm annyshay.

I'm an adventurer at heart, and I'm going to spend this challenge with the druids. I'm finally starting to see the end of a long, deep depression, so I am prioritizing my mental health. I'm working to maintain my current habits and expand the last one.

Mindset Pack - every morning

- meditate

- joy journaling

- intention mantra

Compassion - at least once per day show compassion to my inner child

Drop into Body - every evening

Allons-y!

• Like 9

Love as thou wilt.

For those that don't know me as well, a little perspective. I've been a member of the nerd fitness forums for 8 years. I've pretty much had a challenge running at all times. In that time, I've learned to meditate, embraced intuitive eating, and stopped punishing myself with exercise. I've embraced Health at Every Size and am working to dismantle my internalized fatphobia.

Last challenge my brain just noped out for a couple of weeks. My mood and energy had been bad for months, and I think I just couldn't try to pretend I was meeting my goals any more. I'm starting to feel my mood lifting, and hoping that my energy comes with it. Either way, I think it's time to really focus in on the connection between my mind, spirit, and body. 

I work with a health coach, Amy Clover, who is the most amazing person honestly, and she has been helping me realize that maybe I can listen to my body when it wants to rest instead of pushing through. She has been encouraging me in these habits, and I want to continue to strengthen them as a solid foundation for my mental health. 

I've been doing the mindset pack for over a year at this point. More recently, I started writing it down every morning as added accountability instead of just doing it in my head most of the time. I meditate for five minutes. I write down one thing that gives me joy. I choose a mantra to set my intention for the day. I'm happy to share these things with y'all if there's interest otherwise I will just report that I did my mindset pack for the day. 

Compassion is meant to work on counteracting all the negative self talk that rolls through my mind on a regular basis. I'm pretty good at recognizing it, but given my traumatic childhood, I'm not particularly good at nurturing myself in those moments. This can be small things like saying something nice to myself or bigger things like fancy baths.

Dropping into my body is the newest practice that I'm coming to embrace. The idea is that after work I get into a meditative space and then just check in with my body. I can do a body scan, pay attention to sensations, or otherwise just hang out with my physical body. This happens for a few minutes and then I'm up about the rest of my day.

Bonus self care activities will be noted as well. 

• Like 8

Love as thou wilt.

2 hours ago, annyshay said:

Compassion - at least once per day show compassion to my inner child

Sorry to hear about your depression, I personally am also working on this. 

More to remember visualizing giving hugs to my inner child.

Will follow for the path of healing ❤️

• Like 2

Fresh Druid Graduate Lvl 0

"It’s not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO that’s a priority.”

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Article https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

So happy you are seeing the beginning of the end of this depression.

Me. Too.

14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Following along!

Welcome, as always. *hugs*

13 hours ago, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

Sorry to hear about your depression, I personally am also working on this. 

More to remember visualizing giving hugs to my inner child.

Will follow for the path of healing ❤️

Thanks and welcome.

7 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Cheering you on! I’m glad you are seeing some improvement. The Druids is a great guild for finding inner peace. There is a lot of acceptance here and awesome peoples. 

The Druids have taught me some of the most important things I've learned honestly.

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

Good to see you're still at it.

I started doing qigong for the same reasons you're doing "drop into body" as paying attention to qi is basically a way of monitoring how I feel about my body and my health.

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Hello and welcome! Definitely share your daily mantra! 

And yay, Amy! She’s fantastic 

• Like 1

Level 78 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

2 hours ago, Chris Tarly said:

Good to see you're still at it.

I started doing qigong for the same reasons you're doing "drop into body" as paying attention to qi is basically a way of monitoring how I feel about my body and my health.

Yeah, I think getting in touch with our bodies will serve us well!

2 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Hello and welcome! Definitely share your daily mantra! 

And yay, Amy! She’s fantastic 

Amy ❤️

My mantra doesn't change every day, but I will definitely share. At the moment, it's "what might feel good?".

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

Good stuff. Following :)

Do share. I have been doing some inner work as well this past year. Just this morning I made a very interesting connection that I had not made before I actually started journalling with more direction. Writing helps indeed.

• Like 1

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log

1 minute ago, Aθena said:

Good stuff. Following :)

Do share. I have been doing some inner work as well this past year. Just this morning I made a very interesting connection that I had not made before I actually started journalling with more direction. Writing helps indeed.

Welcome welcome. Writing is a huuuuuuuge help for me. :)

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

I suspect any form of activity where we pay close attention to our body at all, can help with getting to know it better and improve our relationship with the fleshy part of us, at least it seems that way for me. :) 

Nice to meet you, @annyshay! Is your avatar really a cup of coffee, or is that wishful thinking on my part?

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33

6 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

I suspect any form of activity where we pay close attention to our body at all, can help with getting to know it better and improve our relationship with the fleshy part of us, at least it seems that way for me. :) 

Nice to meet you, @annyshay! Is your avatar really a cup of coffee, or is that wishful thinking on my part?

Hi there. I think that you're right. My avatar is a cup of tea run through a cartoonizer, so it made it pretty dark. Hehe. No coffee for this rebel, sorry. :P

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

Hi there. I think that you're right. My avatar is a cup of tea run through a cartoonizer, so it made it pretty dark. Hehe. No coffee for this rebel, sorry. :P

Excellent, more coffee for me! :D 

• Haha 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33

Tuesday w0d2

Mindset Pack 

- meditation: 5 minutes of breath meditation

- joy journaling: learning new things

- intention mantra: what might feel good?

Compassion - tried to be gentle with myself while using the energy that I had

Drop into Body - did this in the evening

Bonus - cleaned out the fridge, did my budget, drank a lot of tea, journaled

• Like 3

Love as thou wilt.

Well done, Anny! Keep up the good works you are doing. I am looking forward to following your adventures. 

original.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge