fearless: The "what do I want?" challenge

fearless 2.0

giphy.gif

I sat down today to brainstorm my next challenge and couldnt do it.  I was unable to tell what my priorities are. I want to get into Cross Fit again, I want to write book #2 and I want to spend time with my dog in nature. I want to recover from back surgery, I want to get to 99,0kg, I want to prep keto meals, I want to stay away from addictive behavior, I want to be financially stable ( teach more)....

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I don't see how I can get all of those things done at once since I have mental health issues that make me feel overwhelmed easily, and I am unsure about priorities. So I will use this challenge to try out different versions of a regular week and hopefully at the end I will know what I want a regular week to look like.

So this might happen ( or not ) :)

1. being keto and reaching 99 kilos are non negotiable. I will reach this goal ( if I don't fuck up!!!! ) during this challenge after working on it since June.  After that its maintenance for a while. The energy then can go towards other goals.
  2. dog walks are also non negotiable and I will do a short walk 5 times a week and a long one 2 times a week.. I have a garden for her to play and pee in, but still, this is the minimum to be a good dog mum! ( weekly steps will be counted towards Walk to Mordor ) If Cross Fit doesn't work out I will probably add to my walking goal and try more hiking with the pup.
  3. the bodyweight stuff was hard to do by myself and I suspect I need a group setting to kick ass. So Crossfit ( with scaled down movements!!!! ) it is. I texted my coach and asked him if I can go to class tomorrow and Friday early morning and to make up for it, clean the box for two hours on Wednesday morning. (He had the same deal with me when I first trained there years ago. Its because I cant afford the fee)  He hasn't seen my text yet but I hope to be able to start tomorrow and experiment for a week or two or three 😉what a life with Cross Fit on top of all the other stuff would feel like. If I cant do it this week I will do it next week. Am scared shitless about this decision but cant wrap my mind around the question if I can manage this  - unless I actually try it out.
  4. recovery is also not optional and I will have to develop a stretching routine and include some PT stuff. Maybe: Minimum 1/ week( plus after workouts) To be determined later. 
  5. concerning smoking and drinking I will repeat my goals from last challenge and a) track my alcohol, b) have a goal to smoke not more than 24 cigarettes / day. I wasn't consistent enough to lower the number last challenge and will stick to 24 until I do it regularly.
  6. finances are looking better since I took on more students. Goal now: Be consistent. Also budget wisely and don't order crap! If Im overwhelmed Im allowed to scale down here though... mental health is most important.
  7. writing is probably optional although I really really really want to do it. Will try out some writing goal later this challenge. Maybe find some regular writing times??? 

I will adjust my goals every week and see how I feel experimenting with the different priorities. Maybe I even surprise myself and manage to do all at once in a reasonable sustainable way??

Its  great to start from zero. Hopefully its gonna be as fun as I think it will be!

giphy.gif

• Like 14
  • That's Metal 2

be fearlessly yourself! :onthego:

Great challenge! I've found that one of the most helpful things about challenges is that writing goals helps me to focus  on what the most important goals and to tame my Ranger brain (somewhat😉)

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Following along, of course!

Sometimes the only thing we can do is just jump in, keep our eyes and minds open, and figure out what works by doing the thing. Here's hoping for a clearer picture for you by the end of this challenge, and I'm looking forward to seeing you progress along the way :) 

• Thanks 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

33 minutes ago, iatetheyeti said:

Following along, of course!

Sometimes the only thing we can do is just jump in, keep our eyes and minds open, and figure out what works by doing the thing. Here's hoping for a clearer picture for you by the end of this challenge, and I'm looking forward to seeing you progress along the way :) 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Back because I love a good list ;) 

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: CUTE adjusts

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 68

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Because Im crazy like that I got up at 6 and will go to Crossfit class at 8:30. I didnt hear back from the trainer yet, I just know theyre open now. Will get the information I need and I just wanted to practice getting up early and leaving the house. Right now drinking my first coffee... am a bit nervous....

they:

giphy.gif

me:

giphy.gif

• Like 5

I'm sure you'll be fine at crossfit, everyone will be used to having different fitness and ability levels in the classes. Enjoy the coffee, then go kick ass :)

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

I was there but found the door closed, little did I know that they have changed halls. Texted with my trainer and will go back there tonight. What I learned already: don't go to crossfit with only coffee in your stomach , you will feel like throwing up. So eggs for breakfast now, then teaching and tonight I get to join the class! All very exiting! ;)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

What I learned already: don't go to crossfit with only coffee in your stomach , you will feel like throwing up.

Heh, I'm the exact opposite there, I can only work out on an empty/coffee filled stomach or else I'll feel like throwing up!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

it should work like this...

giphy.gif

I agree, my wife and I often say the dog should earn her keep a bit better!

8 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

Heh, I'm the exact opposite there, I can only work out on an empty/coffee filled stomach or else I'll feel like throwing up!

I'm the same way...and actually did when I was doing kickboxing (not my finest hour lol) 

• Haha 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: CUTE adjusts

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 68

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

You guys, Im officially a cross fitter again. Went to class and got special scaled down routines that made it possible for me to attend for a full hour without collapsing. The music was blasting and all the other people were young. I had so much fun! I signed a contract for six months and will clean  the box 4 hours a month so I only have to pay 40 Euro /month. The original price for the box is 150 Euro. So I signed right away. We did a lot of shoulder stuff and also some weightlifting. I thought I wasn't able to lift the bar but the trainer assured me it was fine, and it was! Am super tired and hurting already but my body felt good during class and I know if I move more I will feel better. 

My fitness app went crazy with all the steps done and all the activity. am very happy!

I trained at 7:30 without having eaten dinner, my last meal was at 2. Keto worked fine and I had enough energy! I was worried about that because sometimes keto can make you weak if you are not adapted well. I had no problems and still don't feel hungry.

wine: 1,5 glasses

cigarettes: on plan

dog walk done

earned enough money today to put something into my savings account

will go to bed now, Im dead!

but Im a cross fitter again! :)

giphy.gif

• Like 10
  • That's Metal 3

7 am here,

coffee and some thoughts: I hope it was a good decision to already sign the 6 month contract with my crossfit box. Initially I had wanted a test phase but felt so sure about things that I took their great offer right away. My body seems to like it. The soreness is bearable and I feel physically and mentally alive. I hope I get used to 3 more appointments (plus commute) in my week. ( 2x class / 1x cleaning).

today I have to

vacuum the whole place

teach 2 students

buy a new dog harness

clip dogs nails with the help of a neighbor ( she is frightened and moves a lot )

cook food for 3 days

I only slept 5 hours, maybe a nap around noon ???

have a great day!  Im off to make coffee nr.2 :)

• Like 4