iatetheyeti: emergence iii: the sprout

7 minutes ago, iatetheyeti said:

It's perfectly fine to ask, I'm open to most questions and if we find one I'm not open to, I will say so :) And yes, Sunshine is indeed my partner.

Ok cool! I’m just Anxious™️ and have trouble with social interaction and knowing the right things to say sometimes hah. 
Sunshine is such a sweet nickname 🥰

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dusk said:

Ok cool! I’m just Anxious™️ and have trouble with social interaction and knowing the right things to say sometimes hah. 
Sunshine is such a sweet nickname 🥰

No worries, I get that way myself. Admittedly the anxiety part of it has eased a lot since starting my medication, but knowing the right things to say? I need far more practice!

Heh, yeah, she's very much a ray of sunshine, and really, seeing her smile is like seeing the sun come up.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, iatetheyeti said:

No worries, I get that way myself. Admittedly the anxiety part of it has eased a lot since starting my medication, but knowing the right things to say? I need far more practice!

Heh, yeah, she's very much a ray of sunshine, and really, seeing her smile is like seeing the sun come up.

That’s good that the anxiety has eased for you a bit! But yeah, knowing what to say is so hard. 

🥰 aww!!! That’s such a wonderful feeling :3 

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Oh my, Rangers are loved up recently.....

find me someone please :P xx

Heh, there does seem to be something going around right now, doesn't there? No matter, I'm sure you'll find your person (or people) in the end!

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, iatetheyeti said:

Heh, there does seem to be something going around right now, doesn't there? No matter, I'm sure you'll find your person (or people) in the end!

Hope so Yeti! Had such awful break ups in the past, scared me for life i think :o I would like to meet someone now though perhaps ... :) xx

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Salinger said:

Hope so Yeti! Had such awful break ups in the past, scared me for life i think :o I would like to meet someone now though perhaps ... :) xx

Things won't always be awful, and sometimes you find people without even trying. Sounds a little cliché, I know, but there's always a little hope, and you can do a lot with a little hope.

38 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

I was a little worried how the visit from your parents would go and was relieved to see that it was largely uneventful.  Yay for more book :) 

So was I, but yes, fortunately it was both uneventful and quick, and yes, more books!

• Like 2

WEEK ONE DAY FOUR

I am very happy today. Not least because I actually managed to have a good sleep! It's been something of a struggle for me to sleep when Sunshine stays due to our differing sleep needs, but last night it just seemed to click into place. We both slept deeply and we both woke happy. Well... I say happy... Someone is very much not a morning person! We did have plans for today but they ended up being changed due some one of Sunshine's health issues flaring up, so instead we had a quiet day in. I spent a good chunk of time doing some reorganisation work in the living room, the result of which was having the 'new'  TV stand rebuilt and settled into place complete with DVD and game collection organised on the shelves, the old TV stand (which is in fact a coffee table) shuffled to one side to take the place of the little table by the window (which is now a second bedside stand!), the excess of books sorted and stacked, and the desk reorganised.

I also spent a good chunk of the day being used as a pillow with Sunshine snoring in my ear, so I read a lot as well.

Do I feel bad or guilty about the change of plans? Absolutely not. I had a wonderful day and I refuse to regret it. Plans can be remade, but the kind of day that just flows so perfectly and feels just right... they don't pop up often at all.

The plan for tonight is to take the bins out, wash some dishes, and then settle in to tackle the moon once again. I'm very close to finishing it now! And tomorrow it's back to work.

• Like 7
7 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

tackle the moon once again

I forgot you were working on a moon puzzle. I was very confused for a moment. 😂

That sounds like a really lovely day! Those kinds of days are the best. I’ve spent five minutes trying to describe the feeling, and I can’t. 💜

• Like 2
12 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

that sounds lovely ! I am really happy for you!!!! ❤️

It really was. Sometimes I still get amazed that I get to have these moments with such a wonderful person. I'd basically given up on finding anyone, and then...

7 hours ago, Dusk said:

I forgot you were working on a moon puzzle. I was very confused for a moment. 😂

That sounds like a really lovely day! Those kinds of days are the best. I’ve spent five minutes trying to describe the feeling, and I can’t. 💜

Heh, yeah, sometimes I forget people don't know I'm doing it, so I come out with things like that and get the weirdest looks!

It was, it really was. And I'm hoping there will be many more of them to come.

• Like 3

WEEK ONE DAY FIVE

I've not got much to say today as I'm processing a Happening. Basically I ended up walking past the scene of an RTC on my way to work. A car hit a motorbike. Ten minutes later I walked by. People were already on scene. The emergency services had been called. I still don't know if I saw injured people lying in the road, or bodies. It didn't look good at all. Unsurprisingly, that's been ticking away in my mind all through work and while things have settled a little, it's still ticking away back there now.

I'll catch up with everyone in the morning.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
1 hour ago, iatetheyeti said:

Unsurprisingly, that's been ticking away in my mind all through work and while things have settled a little, it's still ticking away back there now.

Something that might help is to verbally tell the story of what you saw to someone that will only listen. Sometimes saying out loud what we saw "gets it out" in such a way our brains can let go of it more easily.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Something that might help is to verbally tell the story of what you saw to someone that will only listen. Sometimes saying out loud what we saw "gets it out" in such a way our brains can let go of it more easily.

You're right about that. I've spoken about it with a few people now, and I've kept an eye on the news. It's looking like the two on the bike are critical but stable, so I did not in fact see bodies. That also helps, and now I can only hope they pull through.

• Like 5

WEEK ONE DAY SIX

Keeping this very brief as I don't know how long my laptop will behave for. It's old and it's seen daily usage for a few years now, I'm genuinely surprised it's lasted as long at it has. But now we've got to the rapid decline. All I need it to do is hold out until payday, then I'll get myself something that will serve as a replacement until such time as I can afford the kind of computer I actually want. So updates over the next couple of weeks may be a little sporadic (I'd rely on my phone, but that is also on the way out...).

In summary, today has been good in all areas. I've relaxed, eaten well, completed the moon puzzle at long last, and even boxed up a good number of books to donate to charity. That was especially difficult, even though the books in question are ones I have no interest in reading (mostly things my parents have passed on to me), or are ones I've read and disliked, or are ones I've read and know I won't want or need to read them again. It is extremely difficult for me to let books go, and yet here I am doing so at long last.

Will attempt to catch up with folks this evening and tomorrow morning.

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 1
1 hour ago, fearless 2.0 said:

I gave away books too, recently. It breaks my hart... :)

It's going to be difficult, but on the other side of it, that's five whole boxes of books and a lot of space that's been freed up as a result. Plus the books will go on to be bought by people who want to read them. Maybe a little overly-sentimental, but it helps me deal with it!

• Like 3

WEEK ONE END

Not sure what exactly happened this week. Stuff? Things? The discovery that I need to stop putting off replacing my laptop? Still, this is supposed to be a flexible challenge and that it shall be. That the first week didn't go perfectly is representative of life, really. Life doesn't go perfectly, least of all when you want it to. Instead we learn to adapt and go with the flow. Though not much got done on the fitness front last week, I did get a lot of stuff done in the LUYL category, including budgeting and major financial decisions, meal prep planning, sorting out donations, and even some date planning.

What I'm going to do today is let everything tick over in my head over the course of the day, then come back this evening with a few things I want to accomplish this week as well as a rough plan of action.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, iatetheyeti said:

WEEK ONE END

Not sure what exactly happened this week. Stuff? Things? The discovery that I need to stop putting off replacing my laptop? Still, this is supposed to be a flexible challenge and that it shall be. That the first week didn't go perfectly is representative of life, really. Life doesn't go perfectly, least of all when you want it to. Instead we learn to adapt and go with the flow. Though not much got done on the fitness front last week, I did get a lot of stuff done in the LUYL category, including budgeting and major financial decisions, meal prep planning, sorting out donations, and even some date planning.

What I'm going to do today is let everything tick over in my head over the course of the day, then come back this evening with a few things I want to accomplish this week as well as a rough plan of action.

sounds smart to me! :)

• Like 1