• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salinger

Salinger's thirty fourth challenge!

3 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

I talk to my dad ( who passed) still and Im not that religious that I could say anything smart about life after death. It just makes me feel good and I like to think he is giving me strength and watching over me. ❤️

Your plans for today look very busy, make sure you take enough breaks. 

*motherly sermon starts: you are doing great, love Im proud of you! motherly sermon ends*

Thank you FL ❤️ just had a good break. Thanks for being motherly :D xx

Hey all, 2.30pm. Busy busy busy....

- Take medication

- Make three phone calls

- Change date of MOT

- Get information for paying off credit card

- Work on funding application

- Clean bottom of steps outside (get rid of rubbish)

- Tidy up the yard, weeds etc

- Write proposal for Outreach job

- Write proposal for film commission

- Write proposal for PIVOT open call

- Meeting about website design

- Pick up parcel

- Top up gas card

- Clean kitchen up

- Take bins out

- Meet Lisa for a quick drink in the evening

Phew. Doing pretty well!!

Think ill do the yard stuff tmoro perhaps? I may go out and do it later but im about to go pick up parcel, then i have a meeting. I will clean kitchen after that then go meet Lisa!

Done a lot today already :) xx

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

Hey, ok (ish) 

Not the best day in the world, ate a mcdonalds :( because i was feeling lazy and sorry for myself. Kitchen is a state and starting to smell. Flat is a tip, yard is a mess....feels impossible to sort. 

Im at mums now, just arrived 30 mins ago. Got a cup of tea and sat next to the dogs (the springer ❤️) shes so amazing and cute and good. She is softly snoring. 

Im shattered. Might nap for 40 mins soon ...my mum is sleeping, shes been upset. 

So yes, im just trying to feel ok/a bit better. Im going through some intense self hatred right now. Hard. 

And seeing the box of my dads ashes is tough too. :( 

Sorry for the downer post... xx

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Not the best day in the world, ate a mcdonalds :( because i was feeling lazy and sorry for myself. Kitchen is a state and starting to smell. Flat is a tip, yard is a mess....feels impossible to sort. 

It happens. You sort one thing at a time, when you feel like you can. 

• Like 1

Just take it one step at a time, that's all you can do. Your emotions are taking a lot of energy right now, which is perfectly natural for things like grief, so you have to really ration out what's left. Taking care of yourself comes first, then just start doing little bits and pieces and resting in between. I've had to take that approach on many occasions, and I've found that the more little steps and breaks I take, the better I feel, and that enables me to do more. I hope it works the same for you.

• Like 4

Thank you everyone. Feel a little better this eve. (9.30pm) 

I made dinner for me and mum, we sat outside and ate. Ive had a cup of tea and settling down now :) 

How is everyone?x

• Like 2

I’m glad you live close enough to visit your mom! I lost my dad whom I idolized last summer, and it was just horrible, sadness of course but also grief is just really, really tiring. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

I’m glad you live close enough to visit your mom! I lost my dad whom I idolized last summer, and it was just horrible, sadness of course but also grief is just really, really tiring. 

Hey TG, yes im about 1 hour and 20 mins drive from mums. 

Im real sorry about your dad. I idolised mine too, my hero, my best friend :(

Yes it is so tiring. I sleep a lot more .... sending you love xx

• Like 1

Morning all. 8.30 am here, COLD :o real Autumnal morning, cloudy and freezing. Im sat downstairs with a cup of tea and slice of toast with jam. One dog is up with my mum and the other is sleeping at my feet ❤️ 

I slept 'ok' - not the best night sleep but was alright .. i will no doubt have a nap later on. 

My lower back is aching a little bit which is frustrating. Prob due to how i sit...

Anyway, today is busy. I have a lot of work to do, walk the dogs etc - a list i think!

- Take medication

- Respond to incoming emails

- Edit funding application

- Walk the dogs

- Zoom meeting with gallery

- Change car insurance direct debit details

- Clean kitchen

- Hoover

- Drive back to Manchester (6.30pm)

- Go to the shop for milk/salad bits

- Watch Everton (8.15pm)

- Have a bath

Funding app will take a lot of time up but it need to be sent by Friday!! eeeeek. 

I will at least have some exercise by walking the dogs. 

I am thinking it may be good to prep some food, BUT i dont have a microwave. Is there any easy (ish) was to do this? I obviously have an oven but is it pointless doing it without a microwave?

I could do tuna / chicken salads.....?

Firstly, i HAVE TO CLEAN MY FUCKING FLAT ... thats tomorrows main job!!!!!!

xx

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Morning all. 8.30 am here, COLD :o real Autumnal morning, cloudy and freezing. Im sat downstairs with a cup of tea and slice of toast with jam. One dog is up with my mum and the other is sleeping at my feet ❤️ 

I slept 'ok' - not the best night sleep but was alright .. i will no doubt have a nap later on. 

My lower back is aching a little bit which is frustrating. Prob due to how i sit...

Anyway, today is busy. I have a lot of work to do, walk the dogs etc - a list i think!

- Take medication

- Respond to incoming emails

- Edit funding application

- Walk the dogs

- Zoom meeting with gallery

- Change car insurance direct debit details

- Clean kitchen

- Hoover

- Drive back to Manchester (6.30pm)

- Go to the shop for milk/salad bits

- Watch Everton (8.15pm)

- Have a bath

Funding app will take a lot of time up but it need to be sent by Friday!! eeeeek. 

I will at least have some exercise by walking the dogs. 

I am thinking it may be good to prep some food, BUT i dont have a microwave. Is there any easy (ish) was to do this? I obviously have an oven but is it pointless doing it without a microwave?

I could do tuna / chicken salads.....?

Firstly, i HAVE TO CLEAN MY FUCKING FLAT ... thats tomorrows main job!!!!!!

xx

I can only make food prep work with a microwave. If its the cost that makes you not have one maybe you can find one for free or cheap second hand... that's how I got mine.

Your day sounds very busy, enjoy the walk with the dogs! :)

• Like 1

Hello Salinger. You don't know me, but I have read this thread. Just a thought that I wanted to add to the chorus.

I never met either of you, of course, but I bet your dad would have been really proud of all this stuff you're doing in spite of all that grief.

You're smashing this. Some details aren't perfect, but so what? The general trend is upward.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, fearless 2.0 said:

I can only make food prep work with a microwave. If its the cost that makes you not have one maybe you can find one for free or cheap second hand... that's how I got mine.

Your day sounds very busy, enjoy the walk with the dogs! :)

Its mainly space :( my kitchen is TINY!!!!! with barely and work surfaces..... not sure where it could go. Maybe on top of the fridge?!

hmmmm

xx

5 minutes ago, cd667 said:

Hello Salinger. You don't know me, but I have read this thread. Just a thought that I wanted to add to the chorus.

I never met either of you, of course, but I bet your dad would have been really proud of all this stuff you're doing in spite of all that grief.

You're smashing this. Some details aren't perfect, but so what? The general trend is upward.

Hi there CD. What a lovely, kind message to get early in the morning ❤️ 

Thank you so much for writing this, i appreciate it a lot. 

You made me smile :) xx

• Like 3

Hiii. 2.45pm. Just back from an hour long walk with the dogs. REALLY didnt want to go, i actually went back to bed after i wrote a post here....cried a bit, then slept. But i dragged myself up and decided to go to a place i have been as a child/teenager...15 mins drive from here. So close by and lovely :)

It was so nice and glad i went. 

Meg (the springer) loves the water so she was having such good fun!!!

119667417_1266432637023096_1320948659463001386_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=edaiMFutBaYAX8aWuoR&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&tp=6&oh=34473d0b6edc586ddae93e47a3a0b71c&oe=5F8760D5

119706676_829400131135273_8711331899585599558_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=AA0T2mrp7ZUAX-3QZtR&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&tp=6&oh=0b9024f7d9ef126ce89711e7fb8ba137&oe=5F87A5A9

119641756_612985122915832_7112335980089281375_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=w_zOpvbnodsAX9cgDb7&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&tp=6&oh=6ba1da1151439d78239a144e132c8d0e&oe=5F85F745

119719539_308856453738553_2051588704039507012_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=NJFFnShJyUwAX9EyToV&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&tp=7&oh=ba65d86e840ae9009914f62f506434a0&oe=5F87C63D

119653605_370657457449820_3772612792216076228_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=Tsp566qNSR8AX9xcmOf&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&tp=7&oh=4d13bd1e18c2e4f26705a1655acf705b&oe=5F88F114

I got back, dried them off, fed them and put their 'dressing gowns' on :D haha

They are both flat out ❤️ 

I just made a tea, and i will prep for my meeting (zoom) which is in 20 mins eeeek. 

Had this for lunch by the way, with some tuna ...

119676240_1007322413047363_3002290071377686243_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=5TME5kBzUyYAX_vH0aV&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&tp=6&oh=00725045bd106e1b092c80b859d6217b&oe=5F863A1C

Yum!

I can eat much better here, because its tidy!!! 😕

Mum is at work sorting some stuff out, be back in 2 hours. Then my sister arrives at 6, and i leave to Manchester at 6.45 or so. To get back to watch the footy! haha

Not looking forward to getting back to the utter MESS. :(  but tomorrows job can be sorting it all out ... ugh fun. 

xx

• Like 8

nice pics! the dogs are adorable! ❤️ also looks like a great spot in nature to me! Congrats on walking after all. Have fun watching football later! Hug! :)

• Like 1

So proud of you, Sal, and I agree with @cd667 - your dad would be so proud of your strength and how you're working so hard to be kind to yourself. I feel like every time you care for yourself, you're honoring him, because you were so important to him and he wanted you to be happy and healthy.  ❤️ 

• Like 4

*sends hugs and best wishes for your cleaning* good for you getting out and having a walk. your photography is wonderful as usual ❤️ it can be so so hard to stay on top of keeping a space clean...do pace yourself with the tidying and make sure to give yourself a nice Congratulation as you finish each task ❤️ ❤️

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

nice pics! the dogs are adorable! ❤️ also looks like a great spot in nature to me! Congrats on walking after all. Have fun watching football later! Hug! :)

They are great, i love them! thank you FL xx

2 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

So proud of you, Sal, and I agree with @cd667 - your dad would be so proud of your strength and how you're working so hard to be kind to yourself. I feel like every time you care for yourself, you're honoring him, because you were so important to him and he wanted you to be happy and healthy.  ❤️ 

Thanks so much Sky... ❤️ xx

1 hour ago, Maggie-Miau said:

*sends hugs and best wishes for your cleaning* good for you getting out and having a walk. your photography is wonderful as usual ❤️ it can be so so hard to stay on top of keeping a space clean...do pace yourself with the tidying and make sure to give yourself a nice Congratulation as you finish each task ❤️ ❤️

As always it is a JOY to see you posting here Mia. I love and miss you xx

Hey all. just past 9pm, i got home (Manchester) around 8pm. Just been watching the footy. Might make a cheese toastie soon....still full from lunch :o 

Still thinking about pre making meals?! hmmmm

Will write more after the match :D have a couple things to say. 

Regarding next week being away and money. Back in 45 mins xx

• Like 1

Hi all. 10.15pm. EVERTON WON 3-0 :D

So my couple of thoughts. I dont want to really go away next week, im dreading it a little bit. (for those who dont know, im off to Wales with mum, Emily and her bf and my auntie, we have a big house - air bnb - going for a week. Was meant to be scattering dads ashes on the beach, but mum wants to keep them at home now)

I just dont know what to say or do. 

We will go on lots of walks and im embarrassed by my horrendous fitness levels, im ashamed and my anxiety is HIGH. 

And being around people - ok my family, but what if i wana escape? Aghhhhhhhh. 

Also first time away without dad. :( 

And i have work to do....

Anyway im panicking about it. Any thoughts?

Second is - money. I have told you about my plans to sort my finances out!!!? ive arranged for all payments (bills) to be collected by direct debit, from my new bank account. And my ingoing stuff to go into the new one too. Set it so that first week i get money, everything goes OUT. Im not left with much, BUT i need to start paying my bills on time every month, to get credit score higher. 

I will also set a savings account, and start putting a bit away each month, to save for a HOUSE :o 

My plan is in 6 years, i have a house and a greyhound dog :P 

Anyway....so my overdraft is 2000 - jeeez. I can never pay it off because any money i get, which reduces it, i need to live! Im getting charged £50 per month interest too ugh. 

Today my mum said she would lend me the 2000 to pay off the overdraft (meaning i can close that account) and i will pay her back £50 per month or something. So NO interest loan kind of :D

How amazing is that?! I feel very lucky she suggested it. She's using her savings to do that for me as well.... 

Feel like a weight lifted tbh. So by next month, my overdraft will be paid off, all bills/rent/car insurance will come out of my new bank account, my credit card will be almost paid off and my savings account will have its first bit of money in it. 

xx

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Salinger said:

And being around people - ok my family, but what if i wana escape? Aghhhhhhhh. 

Can you make a plan in case you feel like you need to escape? Like go for a short walk by yourself and find somewhere nice to sit outside, or spend some time alone in your room? When I'm visiting with family for a few days and need some space, I usually curl up on my bed with a book for a couple of hours and then come back out and hang out again.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ranger Hal said:

Can you make a plan in case you feel like you need to escape? Like go for a short walk by yourself and find somewhere nice to sit outside, or spend some time alone in your room? When I'm visiting with family for a few days and need some space, I usually curl up on my bed with a book for a couple of hours and then come back out and hang out again.

Hi Hal, 

Yes, i may speak to my mum tbh, we are being much more open with each other since dad died. Maybe i need to be honest with her? At least then she knows if im being quiet/distant then it may be because im very anxious..... 

Thanks for the tip !! xx

• Like 4

I second what  Hal said. I do it like that too.

Congrats on sorting out your finances. I have been in depth twice and know how hard it is when you try to get back on your feet. I think your decisions are smart and am wishing you get your house and your hound as soon as possible!!!!! :)

• Like 1

MORNING!

8am ... wow its sunny already and i checked the weather and it will be sunny/warm all day. 

I am VERY busy today :o here is my list (dont be alarmed) 

- Take medication

- Shop for milk, salad, cat litter

- Post office, send zines out

- Close bank account

- Cancel standing order

- Top up gas card

- Sort the back yard (sweep up, get rid of weeds, water plants)

- Sort out the bins

- Kitchen cleaned (wash the dishes, surfaces, bin empty cereal boxes, get rid of old spices, hoover/sweep floor) 

- Tidy the main room (hoover, clean surfaces, clear desk)

- Washing on (including bedding)

- Finish E-Zine and send to Auxiliary Gallery to check over

- Finish funding application, send to gallery to edit

- Go through friends art website and make notes for improvement

- Have a bath!

phew.... tbh its a lot but it needs doing desperately. Alot of this (like cleaning) ive let slide and its not good. Not having a clean place, means i eat shite. Because i feel sick at the thought of cooking.... so yeah. Also alot of house work is kind of a bit of exercise?!

If i get even half of this done, ill feel good when i settle down for my bath :D

xx

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1