Salinger's thirty fourth challenge!

Salinger

1 minute ago, fearless 2.0 said:

I second what  Hal said. I do it like that too.

Congrats on sorting out your finances. I have been in depth twice and know how hard it is when you try to get back on your feet. I think your decisions are smart and am wishing you get your house and your hound as soon as possible!!!!! :)

Hey we posted at the same time hehe

Thank you FL.... this month is pretty stressful (till 2nd Oct) because ive paid all my bills, and got it up to date, meaning im low on funds. But ... its ok, ill just stay at home. :)

As long as i can get to and back from Wales next week (petrol) ill be ok. 

ha thank you so much, 6 years is the aim, but who knows if it will be sooner?! xx

• Like 2

Woo! Sorting out debts is a MILESTONE! Congrats! And hugs for your Mom for creating this opportunity for you :D 

I think all this tough situation may be somewhat beneficial for both of you - looks like you are getting closer now. 

• Like 1

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

Like everyone else says, taking care of debt like that is a massive relief and will do you the world of good. It's great that your mum is willing and able to help you out like that, and it's equally great that you've got a plan in place.

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

3 hours ago, aramis said:

Woo! Sorting out debts is a MILESTONE! Congrats! And hugs for your Mom for creating this opportunity for you :D 

I think all this tough situation may be somewhat beneficial for both of you - looks like you are getting closer now. 

Thank you Aramis. Yes mum deserves hugs too :)  she has a bit of money in savings from selling half her business and going into a partnership, so all good there! 

We have always been close, but yes, i think going through a shared trauma has ensured we are even closer ❤️ xx

2 hours ago, Dusk said:

I’m really glad you have an opportunity to get finances under control! That will take so much stress off!

I hope today goes well 💜 intense cleaning like that is definitely a workout haha

Thank you Dusk - i already feel some stress melting away!

Its going well so far, about to start the cleaning in a moment aaaghhhhhhh xx

1 hour ago, iatetheyeti said:

Like everyone else says, taking care of debt like that is a massive relief and will do you the world of good. It's great that your mum is willing and able to help you out like that, and it's equally great that you've got a plan in place.

Hey there Yeti! Yes relief is the correct word for sure. Thanks so much xx

• Like 4

HIIIIIIII 2.30pm 

Done just over an hour of deep cleaning :o sweating right now hahaahahah just got some juice and sat down. Feel pretty GOOD tbh. Kitchen looking so so so much better. Ive soaked oven and its cleaning then will wipe away dirt in 30 mins. More room, smells nice etc. 

Need to hoover everywhere but waiting for floor to dry in kitchen, and needed a break ....

Bedding is washed and out drying now, i dont have a line outside unfortunatley so inside, but smells nice so all fine :)

I have lit three smelly candles and i cant reiterate enough how nice the flat smells!! It smelt disgusting im so embarrassed i let it get so bad....

But hey ho, ive done it now. 

I nipped to the shops, got salad stuff, chicken, tuna...picked up a rose plant and cactus, both only £2 as in sale!!! Ive put it next to one of the photos of my dad ❤️ 

God i miss him :( 

Im going to do a little work i think, sat down. Drink some tea, and chill. Write/edit funding application. Then will sort rest of the stuff out, wash dishes, hoover....looking forward to my bath later tonight. Think i will have chicken pasta salad for dinner as well later. Yum. 

Take medication

- Shop for milk, salad, cat litter

- Post office, send zines out

- Close bank account

- Cancel standing order

- Top up gas card

- Sort the back yard (sweep up, get rid of weeds, water plants)

- Sort out the bins

- Kitchen cleaned (wash the dishes, surfaces, bin empty cereal boxes, get rid of old spices, hoover/sweep floor) 

- Tidy the main room ( clean surfaces, clear desk)

- Hoover the flat

- Washing on (including bedding)

- Finish E-Zine and send to Auxiliary Gallery to check over

- Finish funding application, send to gallery to edit

- Go through friends art website and make notes for improvement

- Have a bath!

xx

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1
13 minutes ago, fearless 2.0 said:

Sending you loving and caring and warm thoughts and hoping you feel better when you read this. Maybe straight to bed and just wait for the feeling of a fresh day? Maybe some Netflix?  wish I could be of more help! ❤️

Thank you FL. I had a bath which helped a little. Will go to bed shortly, yes xxxx

• Like 1
On 9/16/2020 at 11:25 PM, Salinger said:

Today my mum said she would lend me the 2000 to pay off the overdraft (meaning i can close that account) and i will pay her back £50 per month or something. So NO interest loan kind of :D

This is great. Interest on debts can get wild, so doing it this way would be good. I'm glad your mom was willing and able to help.

On 9/16/2020 at 11:25 PM, Salinger said:

My plan is in 6 years, i have a house and a greyhound dog :P 

You are doing really well. I'm glad to see it.

14 hours ago, Salinger said:

Yes, i may speak to my mum tbh, we are being much more open with each other since dad died. Maybe i need to be honest with her?

In my experience telling people when you need alone time for whatever reason makes everything easier. 

On 9/16/2020 at 9:42 AM, Salinger said:

I am thinking it may be good to prep some food, BUT i dont have a microwave. Is there any easy (ish) was to do this? I obviously have an oven but is it pointless doing it without a microwave?

Uuuum... I have never had a microwave (I don't even have a freezer right now and my oven is older than me). I prep meals (I have three different levels of prep) all the time. I can write what I do if it would help? 

Remember to breathe. You're doing alright. You have made so much progress don't let your mind gaslight you into thinking you haven't. Argue with it if you have to (sometimes saying things aloud helps).

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

My Fitness Pal - inactive

4 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

Uuuum... I have never had a microwave (I don't even have a freezer right now and my oven is older than me). I prep meals (I have three different levels of prep) all the time. I can write what I do if it would help? 

Remember to breathe. You're doing alright. You have made so much progress don't let your mind gaslight you into thinking you haven't. Argue with it if you have to (sometimes saying things aloud helps).

Yes, please do :)

Thank you Echo xx

• Like 1

Hi, its 3.30am. I am up with a cup of tea. I slept ok, 11pm till 3am so 4 hours. Not enough but ill go back to bed for naps later. I just HATE lying in bed when i cant sleep. 

Not sure how im feeling tbh. Numb? Probably the right word. Horrible thoughts last night. 

Will hope my mood improves today. 

I have a list of things to do.... may as well pop it down here now !!

- Take medication - VERY IMPORTANT

- Water plants (indoor and outdoor)

- Get rid of weeds

- Wash the dishes

- Hoover whole flat

- Make my bed, fresh bedding!

- Finish and SEND funding application

- Go through artists website, choose 6 works and write 100 words on each piece

- Zoom meeting with artist to discuss website (2pm) 

- Collate E-Zine and send to gallery

- Write diary plan for the next week

- Make a playlist

- Eat healthy food throughout the day

Another busy day. Days are fine, its the evenings when i start to feel weird and lonely. Need to maybe think about this and see what i can do to help myself. 

xx

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I’m sorry you’re feeling bad :( evenings are often worse for me too... so hard, when it’s dark and lonely. I can’t think of anything that might be helpful right now, as I just woke up and can barely think about anything before my coffee :P but I will keep thinking about it, to try and remember what helps me when evenings get tough. 💜

(edited to add: your plants are lovely 💜)

• Like 1

I can only speak from personal experience here, but for me the days were fine (or not as bad, I guess) because that was when I was actively doing things, but the evenings were when I slowed down and stopped. They were the quiet times that allowed everything I'd been keeping at bay to come back and make a mess of my mind. And at this time of year, when the season began to turn and the nights crept in earlier and earlier, it only got worse. But it doesn't have to be that way all of the time. Let yourself feel it for a little while, have a good cry if you need to (that always helped me a little), then try and focus on something. Art or creative writing or journaling can give those feelings shape and give you some kind of understanding or even just free up some space (I always found if I drew out what I was feeling it was kind of symbolic, like it was going from my mind to my sketchbook and I could breathe a little easier without it). I find knitting fantastically effective at calming my mood. Or even just going for a walk.

I'm sure I'm saying nothing you don't already know, still, I hope something there helps even just a little.

• Like 4

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Hope you had some  more sleep! 4 hours is not enough * moms voice*

Maybe you can talk to someone when you feel lonely. When I was experiencing such incredible pain I would often call loved ones in the evening and if they weren't able to speak I would talk to a telephone helpline with professionals. No shame in that and often so nice to feel better afterward. Maybe you can talk to your doc about a sleep aid. For me it gets downward fast if I don't get my hours in.

wishing you a great day! So much to do! rest in between! ❤️

• Like 2

be fearlessly yourself! :onthego:

9 hours ago, Salinger said:

Days are fine, its the evenings when i start to feel weird and lonely.

I have felt this all my life. It was worse when I lived alone.

Sending positive thoughts.

• Like 2

What's the best time to plant a tree?

20 years ago.

What's the second best time to plant a tree?

Now.

10 hours ago, Salinger said:

Yes, please do :)

Okay, so I buy some canned stuff (tomatoes, chickpeas) to have to add to meals when I need to bulk up things, and I always have lentils, rice and beans in the house. I usually make sure I at least have a plan for what I'm gonna eat for a few days - when I have the mental energy I go to the fridge and plan meals. The fact I know what I'll eat tomorrow for at least one meal makes it way easier. A checklist helps - every meal needs a source of protein and a source of carbs (not an exact science but this fits with what I usually like eating) and I add veggies and seeds to everything.

I usually prep half of the meal in advance - example, I'll buy chicken and cook it, then divide it in three boxes and store it in the fridge and have one with a bag of frozen veggies, one with rice, and one with another thing. You can do this with vegetarian meals too. You can heat stuff up in your oven very easily (I tend to not care about this that much I eat cold food all the time, but that's me). If I have leftovers, I either eat them for breakfast/dinner, or I combine two leftovers. I usually prep up to four meals, and make a little more than I need to, so I can have that in the fridge. Bulk cooking stew/chilly/beans, dividing into a few parts and adding other stuff to it for variety daily. I tend to like my veggies raw-ish so I don't cook them a long time.

Another tip is having a list of meals you can do when you literally can't even. I feel like grilled cheese (toasties?) would be on your list. Frittatas with mushrooms and peppers is on mine. Basically, something you can do even when you can't do anything and that will make you feel full and better, with stuff you always have at home. It helps you save money on takeout, and it is generally healthier than it. Though sometimes you will have takeout and that is fine.

Hope this helps!

• Like 3

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

My Fitness Pal - inactive

Hello all, thank you everyone for kind thoughts and advice.... @iatetheyeti, @Dusk, @fearless 2.0, @cd667.....and thanks a lot to @Echoceanic for some great tips for prepping meals :)

How is everyone? 

Sorry went a bit awol. Slept a bit and was working on funding app. Drank a bit last night, prob a little too much but not OVERkill like usual. 

In 10 minutes, Everton game kicks off. ... nervous :o 

Hope we win!!! Wish us luck haha

Then i need to carry on some cleaning, have a nap, SEND the damn funding application... make a list for my trip away. *sigh* and eat some healthy food. Chickn pasta salad tonight i think :) yummmmm

A bath could be nice later. Need petrol and to get some stuff to make a meal in Wales for my family. Think i will make a veggie chilli?! warming! 

xx

• Like 6

Hey all. Sunday morning, 11am. Freezing cold it feels, but sun is out too.. Autumnal :)

Todays tasks include...

- Take medication - VERY IMPORTANT

- Water plants (indoor and outdoor)

- Get rid of weeds

- Wash the dishes

- Hoover whole flat

- Make my bed, fresh bedding!

- Write questions for Transmission artists

- Write list for work to do this week

- Sort the fridge out / freeze any meat

- Clean oven

- Put washing on

- Sort out what i will be taking away with me tmoro and start packing

- Eat healthy food throughout the day

- Watch football (x3 games)

- Have a bath

Tomorrow, i drive to Wales. Its about 3 hours drive, to the south of Wales. Meeting my mum and sister and her bf there. We have an air bnb house to stay in. My auntie is arriving on Wednesday. Back in Manchester next Sunday. 

Kind of nervous about going for reasons i already mentioned. But it will be ok im sure. 

Oh and on another story, look what i did last night....

119940632_763512054223701_15965051542402

EEEEEEEEEK - 6 weeks to find out....!!!! Feel a bit sick already tbh. But if its rejected, i just reassess it, re-edit it and re- send....!

So today is kind of busy, but also chilled (i hope) with the football on, a nap perhaps and slowly working through the tasks. 

x

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • That's Metal 1
1 hour ago, fearless 2.0 said:

I hope the task list doesnt stress you out. Take it easy! :)

and yay for the submission!!! fingers and toes are crossed over here! :)

Thanks FL... not doing too well on the list. 

And thanks for the good luck :D xx

Hi 3pm. Ugh today has been CRAP .... im so miserable today. Im anxious and headachey and stressed out and nauseous. 

Spoken to my sister who is also feeling low today. She said to put some music on and do a little task. 

SO i put Lana Del Rey on, loud... !! And put some washing on, which will take 45 mins then i can put it out to dry. Ill make my bed in a moment, new fresh bedding. Ill make a list for things to take to Wales. My mum also called and i need to get some shopping in the morning before i set off. 

I dont feel ready... which i think is why im so stressed and anxious. 

It will be fine , i am sure. 

Just need to chill the fuck out. 

If i can get a few things done before 4.30pm then i can lie on the sofa and watch the football. 

Food today been good. Had left overs for lunch (that chicken pasta salad i had last night) not sure whats on the agenda tonight. Perhaps tuna salad.

ps. One of my friends made me a Prince playlist :D sooooo good. I listened to it twice over today !!! xx

• Like 2