• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elennare

Elennare Keeps Going!

Yesterday was rest day, which meant I only did a 20 minute walk in the morning.  Did it during a meeting, walking back and forth in the 5 feet my headphone cord reaches.  Did good on my eating, too.

So far today...I weighed myself, because somehow it's October 1st already.  Seriously don't know how that happened.  Scale says I gained 2 lbs in September.  Did my walk doing laps around the first floor of the house.  Only 15 minutes today, because I had to get back to work.  Because I didn't manage to get up in time to do it before work, because instead of actually getting up and getting ready for the day, I fell back asleep and dreamed that's what I was attempting to do.  It wasn't going well. 🤣

Just before my lunch break, I took my measurements.  I have somehow lost an inch off my chest and waist?  Hips went up slightly, and everything else stayed the same.  I kinda didn't believe I lost that much, so I re-did the measurements a couple times.  Still an inch smaller!  And then I went for a run.  When it was 95 degrees outside.  In a crop top.  Because I didn't want to get off schedule with my training runs.  Who am I?!?

Edit: Finished up the day with the chin-up challenge workout and hitting my calorie goal. I was a bit off on my macros - too much fat and not enough carbs. My belly isn't super pleased about that, but oh well. Should be fine as long as I don't make it a habit.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Elennare said:

And then I went for a run.  When it was 95 degrees outside.  In a crop top.  Because I didn't want to get off schedule with my training runs.  Who am I?!?

A CHAMPION!! 😁

• Like 2

On 10/1/2020 at 4:07 PM, Elennare said:

Just before my lunch break, I took my measurements.  I have somehow lost an inch off my chest and waist?  Hips went up slightly, and everything else stayed the same.  I kinda didn't believe I lost that much, so I re-did the measurements a couple times.  Still an inch smaller!  And then I went for a run.  When it was 95 degrees outside.  In a crop top.  Because I didn't want to get off schedule with my training runs.  Who am I?!?

Dang lady, congrats! That's dedication right there, and you're seeing the rewards for it. You rock!

• Like 1

Weekend update!

Friday went slightly off the rails, as far as food goes.  Well, in so much as I wasn't able to track things, because lunch came from a restaurant I have been unable to find any nutrition info for.  It was all healthy stuff, unless they're hiding a bunch of sugar in there somehow, so I think I was close enough to my goals.  Even with the small pumpkin spice latte.  Unfortunately, Friday did knock me off my game a bit, and I didn't track Saturday or Sunday, either.  Again, though, given that I've been pretty close to the macros I'm aiming for without too much effort, I'm willing to bet I was close enough.  Probably the biggest issue was not drinking enough water yesterday.  Oops.

I managed to maintain my exercise schedule.  Week 2 of the 5k training is complete, even if I did do the last "run" on roller skates.  Only 1 workout left in the chin-up challenge, which I'll be doing tonight, and then the final test on Wednesday!

Slightly behind on sleep, partially a result of being on-call on Saturday, and partially because I keep getting woken up early by little boys.  Doing my best to get caught up.

In not great news, the smoke has returned and our air quality is not good.  Thursday when I did my run, I didn't need my inhaler.  Saturday, I did.  Now, it's possible I was pushing myself harder on Saturday due to skating being a much more trained movement pattern for me, but also the air was a lot worse.  If nothing else, I am certain the bad air wasn't helping, and today is worse.  So, looks like I'll be doing today's run inside.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, Elennare said:

In not great news, the smoke has returned and our air quality is not good.  Thursday when I did my run, I didn't need my inhaler.  Saturday, I did.  Now, it's possible I was pushing myself harder on Saturday due to skating being a much more trained movement pattern for me, but also the air was a lot worse.  If nothing else, I am certain the bad air wasn't helping, and today is worse.  So, looks like I'll be doing today's run inside.

Keeping fingers crossed that it improves for you. 

On 10/6/2020 at 5:31 AM, Manarelle said:

Keeping fingers crossed that it improves for you. 

On 10/6/2020 at 7:51 AM, raptron said:

Ugh, sorry the fires continue.

Thank you both!  Unfortunately, it's going to continue to be an issue until it really rains.  Which is anywhere from a week to over a month away, if not longer. 😕

Monday night I decided I was too tired to do any additional exercise, so things got moved to Tuesday.

Tuesday, I did my chin-up challenge workout at lunch time.  Didn't get a chance to run until after the boys were in bed, so it was another inside "run," but I did it!  Staying on-track with my macros, though I think I was a bit low on calories.

I made yogurt yesterday!  It came out pretty tasty.  Not perfect, but pretty good for a first try.  Especially since I goofed on the instructions a bit.  I also goofed in that I started it late enough in the day that it wasn't ready until midnight.  And then forgot about it, went to bed at 11:30, and was super confused about what was beeping at midnight.  So I had to get up to take care of that.  Oops!

And then I had one little boy crawling into bed with me at 3:15am, and the other one at 6:45.  So I am a zombie today.  Glad all I have to do is my 15-20 minute walk first thing in the morning, because if that wasn't what the schedule was, it'd be getting shuffled!

• Like 2

Oy. Today was a day.

Tried to take a nap after work, didn't happen. Had some shit go down with one of the kids (not going into details, nothing horrible or anyone getting hurt, but typical "bad" behavior for someone his age, but like, way more than we knew about. So we have to deal with that plus the fact that he apparently leans towards taking the lesson of "don't get caught" rather than "don't do that" when he gets in trouble.). Stayed on track with my food, except for the ice cream. Stayed up way too late because reasons, I guess? So that wasn't great (I should say isn't, because I am still awake sitting on the couch, and despite being super tired, I don't think I'm going to sleep anytime soon, even if I do go to bed).

In the win column, I started my day with a walk, I am still close to my calorie goal if nothing else, I drank enough water, and I only ate a small bit of the ice cream. Like, the 1/3 cup or whatever ridiculous small amount they typically call a serving, where you look at the box and say yeah right? That's how much I actually ate.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Elennare said:

In the win column, I started my day with a walk, I am still close to my calorie goal if nothing else, I drank enough water, and I only ate a small bit of the ice cream. Like, the 1/3 cup or whatever ridiculous small amount they typically call a serving, where you look at the box and say yeah right? That's how much I actually ate.

That's a significant win. Hope you got some decent sleep, even if not enough. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Elennare said:

I agree, this is a really great win! Especially with all the other stuff going on right now. You are doing great!

Hope it rains soon.

• Like 1

Today I was super tired. Almost certainly as a result of not going to sleep until around 1:30am last "night."

Did not do great on eating. Mostly because we don't have a lot of food in the house. Funny how it all keeps disappearing... Eh. One "bad" day isn't going to mess things up too much. I have been a bit low on calories a few times this week, so I'm probably still more or less on plan if you average over the week.

I still did my exercises today. Got my 20 minute walk in the morning. Did my "run," though it was inside, again, and barely a slow jog. But that's what I had, and I did the thing!

Also, I did my final test for the chin-up challenge. Let me tell you, based on how tired I was, I was not expecting great things. Not only did I hold the dead hang for a full minute, I also held the top hold for 5 seconds! I was literally holding on by my finger tips for the last 5 seconds of the dead hang, but I made it the full minute! I started at level 4, with a dead hang of around 25 seconds, and ended at level 7, with a 5 second top hold after the minute dead hang. I have also significantly reduced the amount of assistance I nneed to do the chin-ups. Or whatever they're properly called when you use neutral grip, because that's what I've been doing. I am super happy with my results, and am pretty sure I will get my chin up, pull up, whatever you call it, if I repeat it. So that's probably going to happen in November. I've got enough other stuff on my plate at the moment to start it again immediately.

And now I'm going to finish drinking my water and go  to bed at a reasonable time for once!

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

Slightly late update from the weekend.

Eating has been mostly good, but definitely not perfect.  Need to get back on top of that.  I'm honestly not sure this plan is having any affect vs what I was doing before.  Going to keep sticking with it, though.  The lack of pumpkin treats is starting to get to me though.  Just need to find a way to fit those into the plan.

I have managed to stick to my exercise goals, however.  At least a 15 minute walk every morning, even if it's walking in place while I make breakfast.  Which I know isn't quite the same as going for a walk outside, but it's still more than sitting on your ass or standing still.  On Saturday, I managed to get outside for my run.  That marks 3 weeks of running 3 times a week.  I guess I'm a runner now?  I don't know.  I don't love it yet, but I hate it a lot less than I expected to.  Also, somehow each of my last 4 intervals were faster than the preceding interval.  Not sure if that means I'm not pushing hard enough in the earlier ones or what?

Yesterday we tried to take the boys to a pumpkin patch.  Husband found one at one of the nearby regional parks, so we drove over there to check it out.  They had games, but they were really expensive.  They didn't have pumpkins you could buy.  And it was super crowded.  No one was adhering to the proper distancing measures, and I honestly don't know how they expected anyone would be able to with the set up they had.  So we decided not to do that after all.  The outing wasn't a disaster, though, because we went and got paddle boats for half an hour, and had a lovely time out in nature for a bit.  I did get sunburned, though, because we had been expecting to be in the shade, not full sun.  Oops.

• Like 2

Oy. Today was a doozy. Warning: venting rant ahead, with some swear words. Feel free to skip this one.

The project from hell at work? They're changing the way things are going to work. Again. With a month left. Because they're concerned we won't be able to handle all the work if we wait until it's over to get more people on the team working it. So now the plan is to either just have the whole team working it, with me and the other focal helping them, or swap out the assistant focals for new people. And, all we need to do to get the info we're not getting from the other team is write down what they need to give us. Despite the fact that we've tried that twice and gotten almost nothing useful (and had to fight tooth and nail for what little we did get), we just need to try again and it'll work this time. Plus some other nonsense related to the project that I won't go into, but it involved me getting told I had unreasonable expectations in that I thought the people who are supposedly the experts on this thing would be able to point out that I missed something without explicitly asking for it, rather than agreeing with me that it meant they weren't actually checking our work. And insisting they would have missed the same thing if they were working it themselves. Bull. Fucking. Shit. He was on the call where he heard them clearly have no idea what the job even was, and he still said that to me.  I think my absolute favorite part of this is when we were discussing the initial planning for this whole thing, the team working it suggested having a plan built in to introduce the rest of the team to the new material as we went along and get them working jobs on a limited basis to bring them up to speed faster and without the huge learning curve when the work statement gets dumped in our lap, and were told in no uncertain terms that that would not be happening.

I need a new job. Like now. But I don't have the brain left to apply for anything by the time I'm done dealing with all that bullshit.

Add on top of that, the fact that I lost track of time while working that job and missed my chance for lunch before an afternoon full of meetings, I did not eat well, so wasn't feeling great, and a not-great mental health day. That started with Little One crawling into bed with me early and telling me how much he loves having a "squishy mama" because it's fun.

I'm currently this close * * to ordering ice cream. I'm 400 calories short for the day. But, if I want to keep my macros, I should only be having protein and carbs. Ice cream won't fit that, but we don't have any protein I want right now. And it might help me feel better. I don't know. Haven't decided what I'm going to do, but I really want ice cream. Which is not great.

I am still going to do my run (inside), and whatever the thing is for today for the mobility challenge that Prime is running. Yay?

Maybe I'll order ice cream, do my exercises, and then eat the ice cream while trying to write a cover letter. That seems like a fair trade, right?

• Like 2

Totally a fair trade... How did it go in the end? 

Job searching is exhausting at the best of times, can't imagine doing it while dealing with this stess... 😕 Will your job be any better when the project from hell is done? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

Totally a fair trade... How did it go in the end?

The exercise took way longer than expected and it got too late to work on job applications.  But, I only had a serving's worth of the ice cream.  That's literally all I want lately, so I guess that's a win.

3 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

Will your job be any better when the project from hell is done? 

No.  If anything, it will be worse, because my team will be responsible for more work.

Last year there was a period of 6-8 months where I was working so much overtime I had to drop all my "extra" activities and pretty much only had time to work and sleep.  I am pretty sure we're about to run head-first into another one of those, and I don't expect it to get better any time soon.  Especially since we'll have more work and less people than last time.  Just in time for the holidays.  Yay.

And we found out there's more nonsense headed our way, in the form of upper management deciding a particular metric is important and things being adjusted to make that metric look good even if it doesn't reflect reality or make sense in the real world.  Double yay.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, Elennare said:

No.  If anything, it will be worse, because my team will be responsible for more work.

Last year there was a period of 6-8 months where I was working so much overtime I had to drop all my "extra" activities and pretty much only had time to work and sleep.  I am pretty sure we're about to run head-first into another one of those, and I don't expect it to get better any time soon.  Especially since we'll have more work and less people than last time.  Just in time for the holidays.  Yay.

UGH. This sort of situation is so hard for people with good work ethics because you KNOW they don't deserve your work ethic, but it's against who you are to half-ass things. It sounds like they're being wildly unreasonable about things. I'm sorry you have to face this.... again.... 

• Like 1

Nothing much to report challenge-wise for the last couple days.  Things continue apace.  Had a couple meals that were hard to track (what do I use for the homemade chicken soup that started as "what have we got left in the fridge?" :P ) but I'm doing my best.  Sticking to the plan for exercise.  Somehow last night's mobility workout made me sweat more than the indoor run.  Still trying to figure out how that worked.

In further FML news from work, we've had a rotation engineer in our group for the last...8 months?  I forget exactly how long the rotations are, but it's been a while.  Today's his last day.  No one knew until this morning.  We're not getting a replacement.  Argh!

• Like 1

Work is hosting a costume contest, and tomorrow is the last day to submit pictures. Which means getting all dressed up and taking pictures today. So here's a sneak peek. 🙂

IMG_20201015_140119_162.thumb.jpg.aaa569b06f7de2283211c963059ca3ec.jpgIMG_20201015_140119_164.jpg.1bc9c1162f2886c634c3a678a51f8091.jpg

I can see a few things I could have done better, and might try to fix before I take pictures in the costume, but I think it's pretty good for my first try at this style makeup.

Edit: well, so much for that idea. Turns out, when I put the costume on, the shading I put on to make my chin look nice and pointy like the character just makes me look like I have a giant double chin. Which, when you put that together with the fact that despite all my hard work I have lost virtually no belly fat and the shape wear I bought doesn't really suck me in, I just look horribly fat. Found a few other issues with the full costume, too, that made it look not great. So now I either have to try to redo pictures at lunch tomorrow (instead of eating, because I won't have time for both) or not enter the contest for work, because the pictures I took today are not something I want to enter in a contest. Especially one that my coworkers are going to be judging.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Boo to the photos not working - cameras really just do not cooperate. Impressive work on the makeup, though - I am in awe of people who can make shading work (not a skill I have, period). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Hope you find a workaround so that all your work on that costume isn't wasted

I'll be able to make it work by Halloween, no problem.  Going to retake the picture for work wearing the mask (even though I can't see out of it) so I don't have to mess around with makeup today.  And, the thing for work is maybe more "show off your costume" than a contest?  Either way, I still want a good picture. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Manarelle said:

Boo to the photos not working - cameras really just do not cooperate. Impressive work on the makeup, though - I am in awe of people who can make shading work (not a skill I have, period). 

Thanks.  In this case, it only works from one angle, because I colored my face like I was shading a 2D drawing.  If I took it with my head turned the other way, it would look really weird. :)  I think for Halloween, I'm going to not do the shading, though.  Maybe a few highlights and lines to make myself look a little more cartoony, but not going to try to mess around with it the way I tried yesterday, because my neck is just too big to look right in a turtleneck with a pointy chin.

• Like 1

Today's update:

Either I'm getting sick, or something I ate yesterday didn't aolgree with me. My belly hasn't been feeling very well today, so I haven't eaten much. I guess it's all been technically on plan. But, I'm definitely listening to my body and not exercising today. Did do my morning walk though.

Super busy day at work. Took about an hour extra. Looks like I'll get to log off early on parent-teacher conference day.

I did manage to redo the costume picture redone, and with the mask and a much better pose, it looks great.

• Like 2