• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rurik Harrgath

Cry Havoc™: The Scoundrel Who Robbed Death Twice

17 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

14425342_316281938735869_4346944981601406920_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=a4a2d7&_nc_ohc=k6A6y1i7h0cAX9qO9kl&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=38a2adf26a588a8ac19af05062863f2c&oe=5F8DFD0A

Wanna guess who's shoulder and hair that is in right corner?

ALWAYS IN THE WAY

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

14425342_316281938735869_4346944981601406920_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=a4a2d7&_nc_ohc=k6A6y1i7h0cAX9qO9kl&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=38a2adf26a588a8ac19af05062863f2c&oe=5F8DFD0A

Wanna guess who's shoulder and hair that is in right corner

I laughed about that when I saw this pic on Facebook earlier today! For someone who's spent so much time around barbell platforms, someone forgets her lifting decorum easily 😋

9 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

I'm very glad you made an effort to return Rurik!

Timing is everything, my dear friend!

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Yeeeeee HAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That may very well be the best YeeHaw of my life.

Not seen here was me launching someone who did 720 degree turns through multiple axes, and a certain Warrior GL who was launched by yours truly in a rather dramatic fasion.

And that poor buck-hundo gal you launched into the atmosphere! 🤣

7 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

.I've literally got to meet almost everyone I've wanted too on the Forums. Say for You, @Mr_Willes, @DarK_RaideR and a few others...I still have time. I really hope to make it a reality one day.

When the world opens back up, I intend to do some serious traveling. Who knows what the future holds!

5 hours ago, spezzy said:

giphy.gif

Also always count on me to get in the way hahahahaha

"It's gonna be okay. It's just for fun."

Unless you walk in front of me lifting again! 🤣

Because if you do I'll post the rest of my photo evidence of you from the powerlifting meet hahaha

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

"It's gonna be okay. It's just for fun."

Unless you walk in front of me lifting again! 🤣

Because if you do I'll post the rest of my photo evidence of you from the powerlifting meet hahaha

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

c495dee75f232078408583c34d1523b2.png [Sanctum Parabellum Quest Log]

Challenge Journal:  Date of 09.24.20.

Weight:  214.6lbs .

Just a quick update because the forums ate my post earlier apparently...

On track nutrition wise (might be slightly over today due to mandatory mother-given pumpkin spice muffin) #imworthit #ideserveit #pumpkinspicemymouth.  Crushed tabata spin sprints spliced with kettlebell rounds that turned my legs to jelly #ridingandthrusting #toanearlygrave #cantstop #wontstop #dontknowhowtostop.  Also overhauled the house a bit today #minimizinglikeaboss #newbedwhodis.

All in all, I'm trucking through this week!  And two sales away from a bonus and commission promotion! 

source.gif

#damnitfeelsgoodtobeagansta

giphy.gif

• Apothecarium:   ☑☑☑☐☐☐☐
  • Monastery Maintenance: 
  • Artifact Research & Armory:  ☑☑☐☐☐☐☐..
  • Chamber of Reflection:  Mostly personal distractions lately.
  • Librarium:  Hunting for a good powerbuilding kettlebell workout video (preferably coached in real time).

Ongoing To-Do List mini-quests…

• Read:  [In ProgressSell or Be Sold by Grant Cardone.
  • Minimalism:  Bedroom refresh featuring new IKEA platform bed I built today.

Now allow me to leave you with some absolutely savage Instagram shots of Joe Rogan giving Muay Thai a go.

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1

Looks like you're absolutely crushing it!

3 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

(might be slightly over today due to mandatory mother-given pumpkin spice muffin)

I have a confession to make...

...I don't like pumpkin spice! I want to, I really do, but I just can't make it work for me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

That would be some very good company to BBQ in Texas, enjoy some fine belgian beers talking about bikes!

silhouettes of people sitting around campfire z1 upbxzh D on Make a GIF

Just so you know, the best motorcycle countryside in Texas is in my area of Texas, not Wolfies ;) (The breakfast tacos are better down here too).

https://www.cycleworld.com/2012/09/20/must-ride-roads-texas-hill-country/

Kerrville is about an hour and a half from San Antonio.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Just so you know, the best motorcycle countryside in Texas is in my area of Texas, not Wolfies ;) (The breakfast tacos are better down here too).

I've heard stuff about some very specific corners in Texas. Would be cool to visit them once! Of course i would want you to be there too around the campfire, especially of we are BBQing!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr_Willes said:

I've heard stuff about some very specific corners in Texas. Would be cool to visit them once! Of course i would want you to be there too around the campfire, especially of we are BBQing!

BBQ doesn't happen over a campfire, it's a long, slow process with a smoker. If there is direct heat on the meat, it isn't BBQ but grilling. BBQ is slow cooking meat with more smoke than heat.* Also, campfires are unlikely in summer, even at night it's too warm. Happily though, it's perfectly fine to visit Texas in the winter. Even on the winter solstice we get something like 10 hours of sunlight. 

*traditionally this takes about 18 hours for a brisket, much of that time is spent with a beer in hand.

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

19 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

BBQ doesn't happen over a campfire, it's a long, slow process with a smoker. If there is direct heat on the meat, it isn't BBQ but grilling. BBQ is slow cooking meat with more smoke than heat.* Also, campfires are unlikely in summer, even at night it's too warm. Happily though, it's perfectly fine to visit Texas in the winter. Even on the winter solstice we get something like 10 hours of sunlight. 

*traditionally this takes about 18 hours for a brisket, much of that time is spent with a beer in hand.

i so miss hanging out at a bbq place all day drinking and waiting for a table for my brisket.

one of the best parts of texas. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, spezzy said:

i so miss hanging out at a bbq place all day drinking and waiting for a table for my brisket.

one of the best parts of texas. 

Does this famous Texas brisket deliver?

Like to Canada perhaps? 🤔

The autumn leaves really are quite lovely here. Catch them before the first frost (any day now, btw) haha

• Like 1

Someone needs to teach Joe Rogan how to throw a proper teep (thrust kick) because that image hurts my eyes. It's not about pushing your opponent back with the entire sole of your foot, it's about spearing them with the tips of your toes. Smaller impact surface -> higher pressure.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Someone needs to teach Joe Rogan how to throw a proper teep (thrust kick) because that image hurts my eyes. It's not about pushing your opponent back with the entire sole of your foot, it's about spearing them with the tips of your toes. Smaller impact surface -> higher pressure.

Haggerty is such a monster.  I'm surmising ROgan is approaching Thai boxing from his Tae Kwon Do background and it's coloring his kicks.  I still get my toes in the way (ouch) and tight hamstrings make a teep-heavy session murder for my hip/groin some days. 

Getting old sucks.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 6:26 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

When the world opens back up, I intend to do some serious traveling. Who knows what the future holds!

That sounds lovely my friend and I will be looking forward to that day and a possible Texas visit :D 

On 9/24/2020 at 1:55 AM, Mr_Willes said:

That would be some very good company to BBQ in Texas, enjoy some fine belgian beers talking about bikes!

silhouettes of people sitting around campfire z1 upbxzh D on Make a GIF

Hell. Yes. This sounds awesome!! 

On 9/24/2020 at 8:09 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Your part of Texas is better, Tank. We all know this....except my part has ME, so, we're even ;) 

On 9/24/2020 at 9:07 AM, Mr_Willes said:

We would have to finagle a few things, but nothing like BBQ'ing somewhere during the day and camping and drinking at night time. Ohhhhhhh man, the fun we would all have! I just feel bad for everyone other than you and myself since there will be some seriously awkward bromance going on between the two of us, lmao! 

Animated gif about best friends in funny by Evie

Bromance Level: Awkward - GIF - Imgur

10 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Getting old sucks.

Fo. Sho. I feel like there should be more wisdom intake at this point in our lives but I still fell like I do things that a 21 year old would be doing and then 110% regret it the next day hahaha.

Wolf

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Getting old sucks.

17 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

Fo. Sho. I feel like there should be more wisdom intake at this point in our lives but I still fell like I do things that a 21 year old would be doing and then 110% regret it the next day hahaha.

200_d.gif

tenor.gif

And just in case you were wondering...

f5906213cd3ab00eaaa0ab1ec67bf520.gif

😉

• Like 1

c495dee75f232078408583c34d1523b2.png [Sanctum Parabellum Quest Log]

Challenge Journal:  Date of 09.26.20.

Weight:  214.6lbs .

Seems like a good day to steal some motivation from the training Idris Elba did for an amateur Muay Thai bout in his docuseries Fighter.

#damnitfeelsgoodtobeagansta

And let's get back into the habit of Theme Days, shall we?  #SigmundsdottirSaturday today reminds us that we will always face challenges and adversity, but it's important to remember to stop and pet the furry things.

Or at least that's the message I took away.

• Apothecarium:   ☑☑☑☑☑☐☐
  • Monastery Maintenance: 
  • Artifact Research & Armory:  ☑☑☑☑☑☐☐..
  • Chamber of Reflection:  Mostly personal distractions lately.
  • Librarium:  Hunting for a good powerbuilding kettlebell workout video (preferably coached in real time).

Ongoing To-Do List mini-quests…

• Read:  [In ProgressSell or Be Sold by Grant Cardone.
  • Minimalism:  Bedroom refresh featuring new IKEA platform bed I built today.

On 9/25/2020 at 10:52 AM, Wild Wolf said:

That sounds lovely my friend and I will be looking forward to that day and a possible Texas visit :D

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Your part of Texas is better, Tank. We all know this....except my part has ME, so, we're even ;) 

We would have to finagle a few things, but nothing like BBQ'ing somewhere during the day and camping and drinking at night time. Ohhhhhhh man, the fun we would all have! I just feel bad for everyone other than you and myself since there will be some seriously awkward bromance going on between the two of us, lmao!

Oh I'm quite sure I'll have to deliver on that Texas visit promise I've been making since Tank got married sooner or later!

Also in dire need of experiencing this Texas BBQ phenomenon...

I still can't forget @Big_Show's contribution to the awkward bromance in the hotel lobby before Camp 🤣

On 9/25/2020 at 11:15 AM, Terra said:

And just in case you were wondering...

😉

Tell that to my granola knees.  🤣

Seriously though, I'm back on the gymnastics rings and restarted animal flow stretching tonight to revitalize my joints.  Why must I feel 26 in my head but 76 when I wake up in the morning? haha

DAY AFTER COMMENT:

I wrote this update last night but got significantly sidetracked before bedtime, but I wanted to report ALL of my muscles and tendons are sore today... but from usage, not old man aches for a change.  So that's a plus!

• Like 6

c495dee75f232078408583c34d1523b2.png  [Robbed Death Twice Quest Log]

Challenge Journal:  Date of 09.26.2020

Weight:  215lbs .

HUGE CHALLENGE OVERHAUL. 

Please go see the OP for the game I've updated this challenge with (heavily influenced by @DarK_RaideR, @Starpuck, and @Jarric).  Changed most of my goals to make them game friendly, added some and removed others as well!  Also please standby for the appearance of my unwitting comrade in arms through this upcoming adventure for the remainder of this challenge!

But for now, adieu!

Offensive Skills

• Spellsurge:  ☐☐
  • Evasive Maneuvers: ☐☐☐☐☐☐
  • Deadly Barrage: . .☐☐
  • C-c-c-combo Breaker!: 4 / 70 hangboard pull-ups.

Discipline

• Regenerative Infusion:  ☑☑☑☑☑☐☐
  • Phase Shift:  ☐.☐
  • Target Acquisition:  ☑☑☑☐☐
  • Gather Focus:  Not gonna lie, rerouting this challenge and planning this game out has really zapped my cognitive abilities for the night lol.

__ Damage dealt.

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

One word.

Infantry.

Best four years of my life 🤣 (not).

2a1c82b7151f70f1c80d874f567929af.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3