• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rurik Harrgath

Cry Havoc™: The Scoundrel Who Robbed Death Twice

c495dee75f232078408583c34d1523b2.png  [Robbed Death Twice Quest Log]

Challenge Journal:  Date of 09.26.2020

Weight:  215lbs .

Here we go! End of week recap before we go into The Game™ in earnest tomorrow B)

Wraped up the weekend with a 30mins each spin/KB powerbuilding routine that really rocked my world (jury is still out on whether or not that is a good thing).  Considering I spent upwards of 3-5 hours each day in my car for work, I foresee some difficult extractions in my future!

But so far I'm loving the motivation this new challenge format has me on.  The last couple of days were a good test run for my routine, but I'm going to need to remember my stretching, hallway pull-ups, and rings/Muay Thai practice!  But it's so nice to feel excited about exercise and posting and Nerds again! Not that I was ever lacking excitement for Nerds honestly.  ;)

Offensive Skills

• Spellsurge: 
  • Evasive Maneuvers: ☐☐☐☐☐
  • Deadly Barrage: ☑☑. .☐☐
  • C-c-c-combo Breaker!: 11 / 70 hangboard pull-ups.

Discipline

• Regenerative Infusion:  ☑☑☑☑☑☑☑
  • Phase Shift:  .
  • Target Acquisition:  ☑☑☑☑☑
  • Gather Focus:  Time to find a new intellectual pursuit on the morrow!

__ Damage dealt.

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I love the Cry Havoc, but most especially I love the duster and cool hat.

43t3gU1.gif

9 hours ago, Jarric said:

I really like this setup, and I love the pistols being death and taxes :lol:

I always loved how certain heroes would name their akimbo weapons, and this just seemed so appropriate for a chaotic neutral scoundrel type! 😆

• Like 7

On 9/24/2020 at 5:45 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

BBQ doesn't happen over a campfire, it's a long, slow process with a smoker. If there is direct heat on the meat, it isn't BBQ but grilling. BBQ is slow cooking meat with more smoke than heat.* Also, campfires are unlikely in summer, even at night it's too warm. Happily though, it's perfectly fine to visit Texas in the winter. Even on the winter solstice we get something like 10 hours of sunlight. 

*traditionally this takes about 18 hours for a brisket, much of that time is spent with a beer in hand.

I Know GIF | Gfycat

With the family around, we grill. Saturday i BBQed (not a brisket but a boneless pig neck-piece that took 6 hours) i like BBQing on birthdays cause i know some people will stay for dinner, now with COVID restrictions we only had direct family and thus a smaller piece.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

I Know GIF | GfycatWith the family around, we grill. Saturday i BBQed (not a brisket but a boneless pig neck-piece that took 6 hours) i like BBQing on birthdays cause i know some people will stay for dinner, now with COVID restrictions we only had direct family and thus a smaller piece.

My birthday is coming up this weekend too. I think it'll be a BBQ and fancy ice cream kind of affair 😎

8 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Oh hey, this new setup feels familiar... :D

I was never able to stick out a gameified challenge in the past, but what you guys did looks really SMART. It seems to be working so far too, and in other circumstances I would be worried having so many lifestyle and fitness goals as well as routine adjustments all in one NF challenge. 

But I'm not gonna lie, after just a few days of testing it out already, it's a very effective and exciting format. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I was never able to stick out a gameified challenge in the past, but what you guys did looks really SMART. It seems to be working so far too, and in other circumstances I would be worried having so many lifestyle and fitness goals as well as routine adjustments all in one NF challenge. 

But I'm not gonna lie, after just a few days of testing it out already, it's a very effective and exciting format. 

Well we're getting our butts handed to us in the fight, especially since Raxie apparently won't be joining in, so feel free to swoop in, in typical gunslinger scoundrel style ;)

• Like 2

Challenge Journal:  Date of 09.28.2020

Today was a real test in maximizing my output time frame wise.  I was up at a decent time (despite a relative lack of shut-eye) but went straight onto my bike to warm-up, got 35mins of Muay Thai workouts done in my gym, had a couple of open appointment slots this afternoon so I found another 30mins to spin and spent some time practicing ring muscle-up transitions - so that's quite a few check marks just for today.

That said, I do need to finagle my movement goals a bit.  I still want a daily movement goal (Spellsurge) but it'll overlap with my Big Three (rings, Muay Thai, and kettlebells covered by Deadly Barrage), but need to find a way to bake my practice goals and stretching into a single overarching movement goal. Possibly considering a weekday schedule even 🤔 Schedules aren't my favorite thing because I'm, surprise surprise, a bit of a rebel (chaotic neutral, despite what Tank might have you think), but even alternating Muay Thai and kettlebell days, while implementing a rest day or two with only spin as active recovery, and alongside stretching/gymnastics rings practice each workout or something.

Still trying to figure this out to be the most efficient considering the professional AND personal demands on my time lately.

But either way, this week's boss doesn't even stand a chance!  Well, so long as my accountibilibuddy doesn't stand in the fire.

6QuyHZk.jpg

Offensive Skills

• Spellsurge:  ☐☐☐☐☐
  • Evasive Maneuvers: ☐☐☐☐☐☐
  • Deadly Barrage: . .
  • C-c-c-combo Breaker!: 7 / 70 hangboard pull-ups.

Discipline

• Regenerative Infusion:  ☑☑☐☐☐☐☐
  • Target Acquisition:  ☑☑☐☐☐
  • Gather Focus:  I re-upped my Stoicism newsletter and read a few excerpts from Marcus Aurelius' meditations today.

__ Damage dealt.

16 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Well we're getting our butts handed to us in the fight, especially since Raxie apparently won't be joining in, so feel free to swoop in, in typical gunslinger scoundrel style ;)

I'm a bit preoccupied with this one, but that doesn't mean I can't save the day somehow!  ;)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Schedules aren't my favorite thing because I'm, surprise surprise, a bit of a rebel (chaotic neutral, despite what Tank might have you think),

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

But either way, this week's boss doesn't even stand a chance!  Well, so long as my accountibilibuddy doesn't stand in the fire.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

I know why the guns are called Death and Taxes! I know why! Because people say those are the only certain things in life, just like the bullet hitting anyone that gets in the way of the scoundrel!

Sorry, I got excited :D Hello, great goals, aesthetically pleasing challenge formats, so following. And I have been following as a lurker for a while so I figures it polite to say so now :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

so that's quite a few check marks just for today.

Proud Of You Yes GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Nicely done my friend.

12 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Still trying to figure this out to be the most efficient considering the professional AND personal demands on my time lately.

Welcome To The Club GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Brother, the minute you figure this out, please let the rest of us know. What an accomplishment that would be!! :D (and that's not sarcasm, I promise.)

Wolf

• Like 2

giphy.gif

Challenge Journal:  Date of 09.30.2020

Today I earned my full 15%+ (means I can earn up to 20% every week) commission promotion at work.  Also had my own fire alarm network installed in the house officially.  So that's quite the exciting day professionally.

Plus I think I have this whole workout system figured, at least for now.  Let's call it an Operational Testing Tempo™ for my new (ridiculously) busy lifestyle. Honestly I don't even remember what I used to do with all the wasted spare time on my hands and, honestly again, I can't say I miss that much.  Funny how that works.

So this is what I'm going to give a try:

Workout I:  30ish mins Muay Thai, with 2/5mins each of stretching followed by gymnastics rings (muscle-up transitions) beforehand.

Workout II:  30ish mins Kettlebells, with 2/5mins each of stretching and then handstand practice before.

Repeat each 3+ times weekly.  At least one active rest day and any spare time (i.e. weekends, early work nights) to include Spin Time, so hop on the bike as availability allows.  Now [Evasive Maneuvers] will track my completed stretching/accessory goals, while [Deadly Barrage] reflects 3 each of Workout I/II and we'll see how that goes.

tumblr_pjc46eaMBE1tf3kdvo5_500.gifv

Today was a trial run of Workout II (kettlebells) and I'd say the format is both enjoyable and efficient from an exercise to time frame perspective.  I'll give this a try for at least the rest of the week to see how my Chaotic Neutral personality can handle these new rules.

Also it's technically Thursday for those of us in CST, so here's an early #HappyThorsday gif.

Offensive Skills

• Spellsurge:  ☑☑☑☐☐☐☐
  • Evasive Maneuvers: ☑☑☐☐☐☐
  • Deadly Barrage: (I) . (II) ☑☑
  • C-c-c-combo Breaker!: 11 / 70 hangboard pull-ups.

Discipline

• Regenerative Infusion:  ☑☑☑☐☐☐☐
  • Gather Focus:  My office manager made us select Three (3) goals for today which would improve our lives by 1% daily.  I chose Configuring my exercise routine (done), Shaking off bad demos/door meetings (no issues today), and Following through with a bedtime schedule (I'll let you know 😆)

__ Damage dealt.

On 9/30/2020 at 12:39 AM, spezzy said:

giphy.gif

23 hours ago, Aθena said:

I know why the guns are called Death and Taxes! I know why! Because people say those are the only certain things in life, just like the bullet hitting anyone that gets in the way of the scoundrel!

Sorry, I got excited :D Hello, great goals, aesthetically pleasing challenge formats, so following. And I have been following as a lurker for a while so I figures it polite to say so now :)

You might just be my new favorite 😆

Thank you for all the kind words and the follow!  You're darn right about the origin of my pistols' names.  No apologies necessary for Hype™ either.  Glad to have you along!

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I've never disputed the chaotic part.

VibrantFatherlyFanworms-size_restricted.

14 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Brother, the minute you figure this out, please let the rest of us know. What an accomplishment that would be!! :D (and that's not sarcasm, I promise.)

Good gosh, please no.  Do not make me out to be the adultier adult - I want to turn in my adulting card as it is!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Ross Edgley is amazing, I've got a couple of his books and would definitely them.  Some of the stuff he's done is absolutely stunning!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Good gosh, please no.  Do not make me out to be the adultier adult - I want to turn in my adulting card as it is!

You and me both dude. However, Heather would never allow me to do that lol. Looks like my adult card is laminated, framed and stuck behind bulletproof and/or unbreakable glass.

...Also, I need to watch this Idris Elba documentary. He's a badass and it looks badass!

Wolf

• Like 1

Challenge Journal:  Date of 10.01.2020

Strangely had work appointments closer to home for a change, so I popped home for dinner and found a sick kitty.

Ended up finishing up my day at home so I've been watching Assassin's Creed Odyssey, not far on the heels (lol) of Troy and really feeling the Spartan/Achilles/Gannicus/Daario archetypes for my REAL LIFE character inspiration.  Again, it's going back to that pantherine movement RE Howard attributed to Conan the Barbarian which has carried me on for some years now.

It also speaks to my current RL physical stat focus of increasing dexterity and explosive power, which is an attribute exemplified by those characters.  They're basically armed MMA fighters and that's exactly what I'm working toward these days.  Gone is the CrossFit Rurik of old who wanted to look like Rich Froning haha but here is the Rurik who wants to look like Brad freaking Pitt in Troy (although even that is unrealistically heavy on the abs and TAN, good god I'm so pale)

Enough rambling, Rurik.  Just post the Achilles rest day meme and maybe a gif so you can shut up already...

rest-day-thats-why-no-onr-will-remember-

Today I did 30ish mins of Muai Thai videos from Youtube (I have a choose-your-own-adventure playlist to keep things interesting), kept to my 2:00 of stretching and also took 5:00 for gymnastics ring practice.  Also have done 12 hangboard pull-ups throughout the day already too.  However I forgot my 5 Turkish Get-ups before and after every workout, so I'll do 10 tomorrow instead as remedial practice!

GTl1El.gif

Basically me running a clinic on these challenge goals so far!  I'm the dude on the left, if that wasn't clear 🤣

Offensive Skills

• Spellsurge:  ☑☑☑☑☐☐☐
  • Evasive Maneuvers: ☑☑☑☐☐☐
  • Deadly Barrage: (I) ☑☑. (II) ☑☑
  • C-c-c-combo Breaker!: 23 / 70 hangboard pull-ups.

Discipline

• Regenerative Infusion:  ☑☑☑☑☐☐☐
  • Gather Focus:  I'm studying D&D archetypes to analyze the actual skills my RL character might have. #enjoythisnerdery

__ Damage dealt.

19 hours ago, Big_Show said:

Ross Edgley is amazing, I've got a couple of his books and would definitely them.  Some of the stuff he's done is absolutely stunning!

I had no idea who he was until that Instagram post, and didn't even look into him until you vouched for it.  Now I shall B)

19 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Yay, bonus! Way To Go!

It's a great feeling.

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

You and me both dude. However, Heather would never allow me to do that lol. Looks like my adult card is laminated, framed and stuck behind bulletproof and/or unbreakable glass.

...Also, I need to watch this Idris Elba documentary. He's a badass and it looks badass!

This is basically my goal...

VLC+Exterior+Accessories.jpg?format=1500

I have no desire or goals at all to play the mortgage, bills, and white picket fence life for much longer.  Even my job outlook has experienced a massive shift this year towards a necessity for freedom and independence and simplicity  (and no more simple-minded peon supervisors breathing down my neck).  Not to criticize your lifestyle at all, my friend.  I'm just not cut out for adulthood ;)  #peterpan #nevergrowup #vanlife #dirtymillennial

f2ead4f6039b3816a7a89a82b32a3a74.jpg

Kinda like that B) Can I just be 2020 Han Solo/Lonestar already?

Also you really REALLY need to see Fighter.  It's brilliant and you'll be itching to pick up Muay Thai/any martial art within moments...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

This is basically my goal...

VLC+Exterior+Accessories.jpg?format=1500

I have no desire or goals at all to play the mortgage, bills, and white picket fence life for much longer. 

This is quite interesting, me having watched Nomadland like a week ago. You should go see it once it's on. ;)

17 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I have no desire or goals at all to play the mortgage, bills, and white picket fence life for much longer.  Even my job outlook has experienced a massive shift this year towards a necessity for freedom and independence and simplicity  (and no more simple-minded peon supervisors breathing down my neck).  Not to criticize your lifestyle at all, my friend.  I'm just not cut out for adulthood ;)  #peterpan #nevergrowup #vanlife #dirtymillennial

Oh Horse Hockey. You are indeed cut out for adulthood, it's just not a traditional model. You simply want to be the Nomad version of an adult. It's no less adulty, just not settled.

Challenge Journal:  Date of 10.02.2020

Short work day, feeling lightheaded (but cookies are in the oven), however my birthday is tomorrow!  So it'll be my first true cheat day in ages.

I have a big juicy ribeye, gonna go pick up some broccolini, and then my birthday cake is gonna be pumpkin pie Blizzard from DQ 🤩

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47n4dsgjn96e82flkdza

Level 34 feelin' like

Offensive Skills

• Spellsurge:  ☑☑☑☑☑☐☐
  • Evasive Maneuvers: ☑☑☑☑☐☐
  • Deadly Barrage: (I) ☑☑. (II) ☑☑
  • C-c-c-combo Breaker!: 39 / 70 hangboard pull-ups.

Discipline

• Regenerative Infusion:  ☑☑☑☑☑☐☐
  • Gather Focus:  I'm studying D&D archetypes to analyze the actual skills my RL character might have. #enjoythisnerdery

__ Damage dealt.

13 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

This is quite interesting, me having watched Nomadland like a week ago. You should go see it once it's on. ;)

You have my attention...

10 hours ago, spezzy said:

ZIM0vxU.gif

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Oh Horse Hockey. You are indeed cut out for adulthood, it's just not a traditional model. You simply want to be the Nomad version of an adult. It's no less adulty, just not settled.

Hey look at this guy's sweet hat!  Just googled Nomad gif lol

giphy.gif

• Like 3