• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DJtrippyT

DJ Trippy Gets Wet

14 hours ago, Xena said:

Great job with unflucking your habitat. The extra L let me pretend I wasn't using a bad work and somehow made it seem funny 🙂

I stole it from the person who runs the unfluck your habitat site, obviously.  😉 I think they do a lot with if your space is all a mess because of chronic illness or depression, whereas mine is just being a slob and some overwhelm. 

I do wish I could find some more stuff on how to make your house more conducive to the way you live. I've only ever seen one article on it, on apartmenttherapy.com; a reader wrote in that instead of constantly fighting your stuff, you should figure out how you use it and adapt. So if you always are picking up shoes in the living room and taking them back to the shoe-wearers room, maybe arrange for some neat storage for them in the living room so that you're not constantly fighting that irritant. She called it "change the habitat not the habit" and it made perfect sense. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

I stole it from the person who runs the unfluck your habitat site, obviously.  😉 I think they do a lot with if your space is all a mess because of chronic illness or depression, whereas mine is just being a slob and some overwhelm. 

I do wish I could find some more stuff on how to make your house more conducive to the way you live. I've only ever seen one article on it, on apartmenttherapy.com; a reader wrote in that instead of constantly fighting your stuff, you should figure out how you use it and adapt. So if you always are picking up shoes in the living room and taking them back to the shoe-wearers room, maybe arrange for some neat storage for them in the living room so that you're not constantly fighting that irritant. She called it "change the habitat not the habit" and it made perfect sense. 

Decluttering at the Speed of Life talks about this. I used to read her blog (A Slob Comes Clean) but it became non-stop ads for cleaning products. But I did enjoy her book and if I remember it right she discussed setting up your home based on how you actually use it instead of how you'd ideally use it

• Like 3

I like the idea of thinking about that...and had seen @Maigs talk about similar ideas before (so I'm glad she saw this). Also along the lines of getting kitchenware that can be stored neatly (tupperware that nests) and has all the right parts rather than fighting with mismatched stuff.

Just now, Xena said:

I like the idea of thinking about that...and had seen @Maigs talk about similar ideas before (so I'm glad she saw this). Also along the lines of getting kitchenware that can be stored neatly (tupperware that nests) and has all the right parts rather than fighting with mismatched stuff.

I actually just went ham on the tupperware: I took everything except one size out, took it all to goodwill, then bought some additional pieces of that size that I kept (6x6 square). Now I don't have twenty types of lids rolling around, and whenever I grab a lid I know it fits the bottom I've got. If the item is too big for one container, I just split it into two.

It's alarming how good this made me feel. 

• Like 5

7e90a3cf03c88d51025901f2ccfc7465.jpg.89a0f442e6e6403c39b8d67fe9531997.jpg

It took me like twenty minutes to find this picture, because apparently there is a character in The Maze Runner named Newt, and my first 10 search pages were filled with moody dystopian teens. 

All YA fiction is like that. I’m glad the kids who read too much are going to be mentally prepared for the 2020’s.
  • Wow 1

7 hours ago, Xena said:

7 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I actually just went ham on the tupperware: I took everything except one size out, took it all to goodwill, then bought some additional pieces of that size that I kept (6x6 square). Now I don't have twenty types of lids rolling around, and whenever I grab a lid I know it fits the bottom I've got. If the item is too big for one container, I just split it into two.

It's alarming how good this made me feel.

An example of a suggestion from the book was to actually NOT do the stackable tupperware. She told about her  buying a set of multi-sized tupperware that all nests together and uses the same sized lid, but then realized how it did not work for her because if you want a less-than-the-biggest size you had to take the whole stack out of the cabinet, take the stack apart, get the size you want, put the rest back together, and put the stack back in the cabinet. Then do it all in reverse after it's been used and cleaned. She ended up getting rid of a bunch of tupperware and stored what was left with the lids on so there's no massive rearranging effort to use/put them away. Plus since there's less containers she's less likely to let old food turn into a science experiment in the fridge

I basically did what @DJtrippyT did; I have 2 sizes of pyrex (4 cups and 2 cups I think) and use those for everything. The 4 cup ones are perfect sized for a serving so it makes eating the leftovers a breeze. And it's still only two sizes of lids (which can be bought separately when lids inevitably go bad so the dish is still useful) so no futile quests to find the one match

• Like 2

Yesterday I was a fairly useless specimen of humanity.

- did my breathwork, my breathholds are progressing

- ate crunchy food (an apple and some carrot sticks)

- checked my BP, it was so-so. 

Other than that I was unfocused and scattered all day. I got very little work done and I didn't unfluck any spaces in the house. I didn't work out. I didn't fast (although I did fast the day before, so that was okay, but my food was mediocre). 

I'm really looking forward to being off work tomorrow, it's been about ten days since I had a day off and I think I'm certain that's why I'm so fried. I have a work meeting this morning, which I have to drive an hour to get too, and then I will do the absolute minumum of work for the rest of the day and then work out somehow. It's been raining for days so if it clears up I can do some steady cardio - a hike or something - and if not I'll go to the gym. If I'm to tired for cardio to seem exciting I will go to the gym anyway. It's the only time I see people besides my boyfriend (still working on that exotic pen name for him) so it's probably good for me.  

2086412060_ScreenShot2020-09-18at7_33_08AM.png.d88f6ecf7595b1c42dd37469641390e8.png

• Like 4

On 9/17/2020 at 4:40 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

4f94xu.jpg

She got better

5 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I'm really looking forward to being off work tomorrow, it's been about ten days since I had a day off and I think I'm certain that's why I'm so fried. I have a work meeting this morning, which I have to drive an hour to get too, and then I will do the absolute minumum of work for the rest of the day and then work out somehow. It's been raining for days so if it clears up I can do some steady cardio - a hike or something - and if not I'll go to the gym. If I'm to tired for cardio to seem exciting I will go to the gym anyway. It's the only time I see people besides my boyfriend (still working on that exotic pen name for him) so it's probably good for me.  

I hope you feel better after the gym and a day off :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2020 at 8:32 PM, DJtrippyT said:

Fasted workouts are 100% complete ass. 

31AB2FCD-E85C-477F-818D-0ABF1CDFB3C3.gif

On 9/16/2020 at 9:42 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

IMHO fasted and HIIT is a really bad idea. You can’t go hard when you’re depleted. Fasted and endurance is good though; it’s doable and it trains your body to rely on fat for energy.

Years back there was someone on here named "Librarian of Doom" (which was a pretty awesome name). She got into doing fasted workouts that she called "fasted suckfests" because they do indeed suck. I agree with Sloth the endurance workouts are best suited to doing fasted, and that it is valuable training. But it's not all that fun. The one thing I figured out for myself (which took a surprisingly long time) is that they sucked a lot less if I didn't also restrict caffeine. I was trying to do them first thing in the morning before having anything, and it was AWEFUL! Metabolically, there was no reason not to have black coffee, and that made it tolerable. I should get back to doing some of this, but....ugh!

If either or both of you (or any other masochists out there) want to make it into some kind of PvP or accountability thing, I would be up for it.

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I still think of him as The Axe Guy if that helps.

ETA That makes him sound like a serial killer, maybe there’s a better choice.

If nothing else he could be "TAG" (sounds a little less ominous).

I wonder if he would have any suggestions of a name for himself, if I remember right ( @deftona), TH came up with his own name.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Xena said:

I wonder if he would have any suggestions of a name for himself, if I remember right ( @deftona), TH came up with his own name.

He did! And as long as you don't mind potentially implying your boyfriend is a wading bird forevermore, go for it! 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Xena said:

She got into doing fasted workouts that she called "fasted suckfests" because they do indeed suck.

My kind of gal!

26 minutes ago, Xena said:

If either or both of you (or any other masochists out there) want to make it into some kind of PvP or accountability thing, I would be up for it.

[thoughtful face] hmmmmmm.....

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

He's wearing something that smells better lately, but that is inspired. Perhaps Mr. Axe? Commander Axe? The Termin-Axer?

27 minutes ago, Xena said:

If nothing else he could be "TAG" (sounds a little less ominous).

I don't think I should admit I've been talking about him on the internet this much. I'm sure he'd be apalled.

16 minutes ago, deftona said:

He did! And as long as you don't mind potentially implying your boyfriend is a wading bird forevermore, go for it! 

I've certainly implied worse

• Like 2

Y'all my mom just called me and she walked out to the lake overlook by her apartment all by herself today! I mean, with her walker, but still. It's about 50 feet from her door. I don't think she's walked that far in five years. I can't believe it. I don't even want to jinx it by thinking about it too much. 

(And technically it's a retention pond, not a lake. Florida, man.)

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

1 hour ago, Xena said:

The one thing I figured out for myself (which took a surprisingly long time) is that they sucked a lot less if I didn't also restrict caffeine. I was trying to do them first thing in the morning before having anything, and it was AWEFUL! Metabolically, there was no reason not to have black coffee, and that made it tolerable

This is how I do all my training. It makes me sharp af. And also the only was I can guarantee I won't spill my guts all over my gym floor because THAT IS A THING.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

On the contrary, I think it actually speaks in favor of the name.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

What about Axe Man?

Actually on reflection I think Mr. Axe will be the name. Sort of embodies the whole Axe ethos. Grab the Axe by the horns. All that. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I don't think I should admit I've been talking about him on the internet this much. I'm sure he'd be apalled.

You haven't really. I feel like it's all been appropriately circumspect. Mostly normal stuff like who is or isn't cleaning the house and what various people are eating. Nothing crazy intrusive.

p.s. Hi there Mr. Axe. DJ doesn't tell us anything interesting 🙂

6 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Y'all my mom just called me and she walked out to the lake overlook by her apartment all by herself today! I mean, with her walker, but still. It's about 50 feet from her door. I don't think she's walked that far in five years. I can't believe it. I don't even want to jinx it by thinking about it too much. 

(And technically it's a retention pond, not a lake. Florida, man.)

That's great!

2 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Actually on reflection I think Mr. Axe will be the name. Sort of embodies the whole Axe ethos. Grab the Axe by the horns. All that.

Sounds good!

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 10:46 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Ummm, that’s how he earned his name.

Upon further further reflection I think Axe Man is perfect and shall use it. 

• Like 3

This weekend was a bit messy and I did not get my self-promised day off, but I'm not going to talk about that because I have decided I'm not allowed to complain about things unless I am positing solutions.

Friday 

I went to my meeting, which took forever, and got home around 2 pm, so it ate most of the day. On the way home I was craving pancakes so I stopped at the Waffle House down the street, but I couldn't bring myself to sit in there and eat, so I got it to go. When I got home Axe Man was mid-project in the kitchen so there was nowhere to sit, so I ate it at my desk. 

Right after that one of my best friends, who now lives in St Louis, called me and said he was here and could he come over and visit and bring his new puppy, so that was completely awesome, I haven't seen him in almost a year. We sat on the patio with our masks and let the puppy (10 months old) run amok in the yard for a couple hours.

Friday was also the day that my mom was doing all that walking so that was great. I did my breathwork and I think I ate my crunchy food, but I didn't work out due to the friend visit. That was okay though.

Also: I unflucked my bathroom! but I forgot the before picture. It wasn't too ghastly. I also went through the bathroom closet and threw out a whole trash bag full of forgotten shampoos, face creams I'd bought and didn't like, old washrags, and stuff like that. I really want to paint that room, and paint the cabinets.

IMG_3823.JPG.7ca23f961a3704f30eb475d520982cd4.JPG

Saturday

Saturday started crazy, my neighbor with the injured cat called me and asked if I could babysit the cat for a few days while she was out of town. Normally we do this anyway, but he has to be kept inside for another week, and he has to get medication twice a day, which you can imagine is not fun for him, so it's a bit more of an ask. So he's been here since then, he's usually 80% outdoor so he's walking to all the windows crying because he wants to go out and I feel really bad for him. And also for me, because it's getting annoying. 

Then I worked for a while, because the work phone kept ringing, and then I don't even know what happened to the rest of the afternoon. I know I finished unflucking our bedroom by hanging up the artwork in there that was taken down when the contractors were here. Axe Man made oven-fried chicken for dinner which was good. 

I did my breathwork, and at the very end of the day I went over to the park and did stadium steps, so a got a short workout, but I need to do more. 

Sunday

Sunday I did domestic rangering in the morning, and I unflucked the kitchen, including cleaning the refrigerator and freezer. It took forever. 

1283804575_ScreenShot2020-09-21at10_03_14AM.thumb.png.004cf24ceaab66ea959a3625dba96dad.png

1225446994_ScreenShot2020-09-21at10_02_47AM.thumb.png.efa959879b6b21367fa264605d68cc1c.png

(cats sold separately!)

Then I drove up to the site where my work event is this weekend, and tried to find all the important spots that we'll have to go to, but it took about 45 minutes longer to get there than I thought and I could only find 3 of the six places, so that felt frustrating and pointless. I got home about 8:30 pm and ate a premade meal I had gotten at publix a while back that was in the freezer and watched some football with Axe Man. 

I didn't do a single thing on my challenge list, which I'm unhappy about, but I'm just going to accept that it was a busy day and move on. I didn't work out.

So, overall I did not have a great challenge week, although better than zero week. I'd rate it a two out of five? Mostly what is bothering me is I can't seem to get my food in line again. I was doing really well with my OMAD for a while there but now I'm having a terrible time with it, and I've gained back about half of what I lost, which is incredibly frustrating and disheartening. And I feel like I've lost all the mental progress I made last challenge. Every day seems to be crazier than the next. 

This is especially frustrating because I feel like my challenge goals this go-round aren't even that hard. Like, eat some carrot sticks and breathe? How hard is that? And keep up with my regular workouts. This should be a piece of cake. (Which I cannot, at the moment, eat.) But I'm seriously struggling. 

The one bright spot was that my weight this morning was 211, so I'm making a tiny bit of progress there. 

• Like 4

Love all the clean rooms. Sorry you are struggling with food stuff right now. I think right now  for most of us, food and healthy eating is at a challenge level. There are just so many other new decisions (ie, is it safe to eat inside, or do I need to take it to go) that the decision making on food is even tougher than normal. Good on you for making progress on the weight loss even with the added difficulty!

• Like 1