dusk till dawn

Dusk

Hello hello, friends new and old! 

Some of you may recognize me...

Spoiler

image0.jpg

I posted this in the Guild Hall thread of the previous challenge, but I'm putting it here too for anyone who didn't see it in the other post :)

My old username was based off of an old persona/character I came up with a long time ago. I have long outgrown it. So, now I am Dusk. Dusk is my favorite time of day, and I could probably come up with a whole bunch of ways that making it my username has some Deeper Meaning™️, but at the end of the day, it's cool and I like it. So there. :P

I have been a member of the NF Rebellion for a long time (six years on Sept 24!!...) but I haven't been very involved for quite some time. Grappling with graduate school, mental health, getting married, etc. proved too much for me to handle, on top of maintaining an online presence. But what I discovered was that I did still have an online presence, it was just in other places. And recently I realized that those places - especially with the state the world is in right now - were sapping me utterly, presenting me rapid-fire with so many stressful topics and no chance to recover or process any of it. So, I deleted a great deal of my accounts, edited the ones I kept into a form I could handle, and... found myself immediately in the "check the same apps over and over" loop. What better to fill that time with than my Ranger family? Perhaps I can become engaged in this community as I once was. I miss you all.

As for the challenge, well. As I mentioned, I'm married - a little over a year now! And Mr. Spouse Man has to wake up at 4am for a shift at 5, more days than not. Which means... yours truly also wakes up at the asscrack of dawn. I discovered that I'm much less productive if I try and sleep more after he leaves, because once I do finally wake up to go about my own day, I'm groggy and sluggish and it takes me forever to get going. Whereas if I just get up when he does, I have plenty of time to ease into wakefulness, drink my coffee, and ultimately start my day earlier than I would ever do on my own. SO: my plan for the challenge is to go for a walk around 5am, on the mornings that Mr. Spouse Man has to leave early for work. There's a nice little route I take through campus that's right around 1.5 miles. Plus, when I go out that early, the temperature is tolerable (even if the humidity is still a nuisance)!

Eventually I will see about either a) lengthening the route or b) easing into running instead of walking, but for starters, I just want to get in the habit of moving my body. Plus, walking is just pleasant. I'll post the walking schedule for each week once I know it, and update y'all as to whether I complete the walks or not!

A side goal (that isn't a challenge goal but I'll likely talk about it anyway) is to track my foods, which I've been doing consistently for about a week now! I need to lose some serious fluff, hahah. 😅

💜 ~ dusk

• Like 12

"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength." -Uncle Iroh

8 minutes ago, Dusk said:

but at the end of the day

tenor.gif

Welcome home.

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

River-Hello-Sweetie-doctor-who-32811305-

I’ve missed your face.

• Like 1

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

1 hour ago, Dusk said:

...you know. I honestly didn't realize I said that. That's hilarious 😂

Thank you 💜 it's so good to be back.

Sometimes the best puns are the ones the subconscious foists upon us.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

3 hours ago, Rinna said:

River-Hello-Sweetie-doctor-who-32811305-

I’ve missed your face.

MLyS.gif

Hi mamamamamama 💜

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sometimes the best puns are the ones the subconscious foists upon us.

I've been well trained xD Mr. Spouse Man and I have pun battles on the regular.

24 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Hey good to see you !!! ❤️ xx

Hi Sal!! 💜

• Like 3

"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength." -Uncle Iroh

HELLO!!!! ❤️❤️

I have MISSED YOU ❤️ 

I'm so glad to see you again!!!!!

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

The Jedi Chronicles Ep. 10: Opta Ardua Pennis Astra Sequi

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the point of it, Bryce. Of life. To live, to love, knowing that it might all vanish tomorrow. It makes everything that much more precious.”

- Danika Fendyr, House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43

11 minutes ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

HELLO!!!! ❤️❤️

I have MISSED YOU ❤️ 

I'm so glad to see you again!!!!!

:3 💜 💜 💜 hi Jedi!!! I’m glad to see you too ^____^

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dusk said:

:3 💜 💜 💜 hi Jedi!!! I’m glad to see you too ^____^

I saw your name change on another, unnamed platform and was wondering if you'd pop back up ^_^

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the point of it, Bryce. Of life. To live, to love, knowing that it might all vanish tomorrow. It makes everything that much more precious.”

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43

15 minutes ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

I saw your name change on another, unnamed platform and was wondering if you'd pop back up ^_^

Aww haha yep! :panda: I’ve been thinking of changing my username for a while, and once I finally decided on something I liked, it kinda spurred a big social media purge and a rearranging of my priorities regarding my online presence and what I want to invest my time in~

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dusk said:

Aww haha yep! :panda: I’ve been thinking of changing my username for a while, and once I finally decided on something I liked, it kinda spurred a big social media purge and a rearranging of my priorities regarding my online presence and what I want to invest my time in~

That's a great idea :) I've considered it, but my job requires me to have access to social media in a lot of different ways. I can't really completely ditch it. But my recreational Facebook time has been dropping and I kicked Twitter to the curb back in February for the time being. Those are my most toxic so I can refocus

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

HENLO FREN

I AM HERE WITH LOVE AND HUGS AND TEA AND BALLOONS TO CHEER YOU ON

SO SO SO HAPPY YOU ARE HOME

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 42

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

Books in Progress:

Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (24%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%)  |  Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (0%) 
Books Finished:
Captivating (100%)  |  The Prodigal God (100%)  |  Not Yet Married (100%)  |  Gentle and Lowly (100%)

13 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

That's a great idea :) I've considered it, but my job requires me to have access to social media in a lot of different ways. I can't really completely ditch it. But my recreational Facebook time has been dropping and I kicked Twitter to the curb back in February for the time being. Those are my most toxic so I can refocus

Ah, yeah makes sense. I got rid of tumblr and pinterest, and unfollowed most of the insta accounts i used to follow.

2 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

HENLO FREN

I AM HERE WITH LOVE AND HUGS AND TEA AND BALLOONS TO CHEER YOU ON

SO SO SO HAPPY YOU ARE HOME

Hi Sky 💜💜

~~~

I don’t think I’m gonna go on that walk this morning... a) storms and b) I’ve been up the past couple hours alternating between horrible stomach cramps and horrible nausea. I haven’t actually gotten sick yet, but I’ve been close to it for a while. Alternating also between “I wish mr would wake up and comfort me cos I feel so awful I could cry” and “please let him stay asleep, other than comfort there’s nothing he could do right now, and his alarm is going off in two hours”.

• Sad 3

Feel better!

• Thanks 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Week 0 update: no walk on Tuesday (yesterday) obviously because I was ill. I felt like I got hit by a truck for a lot of the day, I was sooo tired and just... general malaise. I was able to eat a more substantial meal in the evening though, and felt much better after that! 

Wednesday (today) I did go on a walk! It was shorter than my usual route, because I'm still not feeling tip-top, and it was cold and raining. It was... probably close to half my usual route? But hey - I was tempted to just stay in bed, so any length walk is already a win, even if I only went to the bottom of my staircase and back.

On 9/6/2020 at 4:14 PM, Dusk said:

Walking Schedule!

Week 0:

- Tuesday 🚫 🤒

- Wednesday

- Thursday

- Friday

• Like 3

On 9/8/2020 at 2:59 AM, Dusk said:

Alternating also between “I wish mr would wake up and comfort me cos I feel so awful I could cry” and “please let him stay asleep, other than comfort there’s nothing he could do right now, and his alarm is going off in two hours”.

Firstly, I am SO glad you are feeling better; and secondly, I resonate with this and my anxiety, and I have no solution to it at all, just nodding miserably at you from across the room and giving you a "yup, me too".  ❤️  

Anyway. I'm glad you got your walk this morning, even in the cold!!  ❤️ 

• Like 2

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 42

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

Books in Progress:

Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (24%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%)  |  Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (0%) 
Books Finished:
Captivating (100%)  |  The Prodigal God (100%)  |  Not Yet Married (100%)  |  Gentle and Lowly (100%)