Tateman - Setting myself up for success

Tateman

17 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

Who do we talk to about having a giant freak hurricane hit the west coast, but like. . . really gently and with just light, but long term rain?

Would you like some rain??? I've got extra, I would like a nice dry day to do laundry. It's supposedly hurricane season but we've just been getting torrential downpours every afternoon, does that sound good? Downside is constant 80%+ humidity, be forewarned.

• Like 3
On 9/10/2020 at 2:20 PM, Tateman said:

I find it is much easier for me to just get stuff done in the morning. Maybe my brain just likes to think if I do that, then the rest of the day we can relax haha.

That's how I function.  It's why I kick myself in the ass to go to the gym when I wake up despite that being the last thing I EVER want to do.

• Like 3
On 9/10/2020 at 11:40 AM, Countess D'If said:

Who do we talk to about having a giant freak hurricane hit the west coast, but like. . . really gently and with just light, but long term rain?

For real :) 

9 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Would you like some rain??? I've got extra, I would like a nice dry day to do laundry. It's supposedly hurricane season but we've just been getting torrential downpours every afternoon, does that sound good? Downside is constant 80%+ humidity, be forewarned.

Well, California might not be on fire then haha. :)

16 minutes ago, Teros said:

That's how I function.  It's why I kick myself in the ass to go to the gym when I wake up despite that being the last thing I EVER want to do.

Yup, it always seem much easier to convince myself to do something in the morning time. 

• Like 3

No walking yesterday. I did get out there today though. Smaller slower walk. Was feeling ok, but about half way my foot started hurting quite a bit again. I took break on the way back to do some pokemon go stuff. :) I think I might re-evaluate my walking if I need. I think for week one, I will take a break day between walk days. Will see if I can do back to back for Week 2. I might need to adjust that and/or the step count. TBD

Sleep:

5liD36i.jpg

Fitbit score my sleep as a 91. 11:48 PM to 7:58 AM. Overall felt like a decent sleep. I did recall waking up a couple of times.  Was off reading on time too. I kind of wanted to keep reading, but I didn't. I have a feeling I will need a new book before challenge end. :)

Food:

4VaTp5K.jpg

Did fine here. Haven't been feeling all too hungry. I haven't been feeling the urges to want to eat other things as well. There was a small bit there earlier, because the wife made one of those skillet big cookie things. It smelled great, but I didn't have too much interest in it. :)

All chores have been done. Even today's chores done already too ;)

No more orange skies it seemed, but it was really hazy. 

• Like 5
12 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

You must be in my part of the world (Jax FL) sounds like the days here

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: it's all routine

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 64

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

1 hour ago, RES said:

I'm in Japan but same difference. I think East Coast regions with that hot tropical water coming up in the ocean are all more or less getting the same weather. As a West Coaster born and raised and used to getting those cold arctic ocean currents, I am not thrilled about it.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, RES said:

I have heard from some people that the satellite footage is pretty crazy over on the east coast.

12 hours ago, cd667 said:

Really excellent progress, @Tateman.

Thanks! I hope this will all lead to quite a good challenge for me. :)

• Like 2

Yesterday went well. 

I got up and knocked out the cat boxes. Headed off and got dishes done. (much easier when you don't let them pile up ;) ). Then got out for a walk. My right foot is still hurting today. On the top of my foot, which seems weird. Still, I did get over 6,000 steps. (6,561)

Sleep:

4nVZf60.jpg

Fitbit scored it a 91 again. I didn't have an alarm set, so I just tried getting a bit extra sleep in. I woke up a few times, but overall it didn't feel too bad. Fitbit tracked 11:54 PM to 9:33 AM.

Food:

j0eaX2y.jpg

Food was a lot under my minimum yesterday. Things just kind of workout out that way. I didn't want to try forcing myself to eat more later on at night. So it's fine.  

100% day yesterday.

I thought about trying to walk today, but I think I need to have a break between walks for now. At least until I build myself up more. I'm going to have to adjust goals to reflect that.

• Like 2

Oh last night was not a good night for resting. I read, and got to bed on time, but I couldn't get to sleep. I was close, but then would just wake up. Our cat was going after the old lady cat these last few days, and he was being horrible last night. I had to get up to chase his ass back to our room and shut him in. He would not leave our old lady cat alone.

Eventually though, I did rest. I also noticed the pain in my foot is making me limp around a bit. So I am suspending walking from Week 1 until this foot feels better.  Instead, I will attempt to do at least some kind of workouts this week. Chores have been done as well. I seem to be doing well just getting up then doing both before I get to anything else. I just need to keep building this up.

Sleep:

yy6vtnx.jpg

Fitbit scored this as  a 87. 11:45 PM to 8:48 AM. 

Food:

HJDjaWN.jpg

Good overall food day. 

Week 0 summary:

Goal 1 - Sleep and Rest

Off to read at 10:30 PM, Then off to bed at 11:30 PM. 

09/06 - 11:46 PM to 8:00 AM - 87 sleep score. Reading done

09/07 - 11:42 PM to 7:59 AM - 87 sleep score. Reading done

09/08 - 11:44 PM to 8:00 AM - 91 sleep score. Reading done

09/09 - 11:52 PM to 7:59 AM - 90 sleep score. Reading done

09/10 - 11:48 PM to 7:58 AM - 91 sleep score. Reading done

09/11 - 11:54 PM to 9:33 AM - 91 sleep score. Reading done

09/12 - 11:45 PM to 8:58 AM - 87 sleep score. Reading done

Full 70 points on the week. I've been pretty close to getting into a set routine and time this week. Things should be good to keep rolling in week 1. 

Goal 2 - Let's have one solid challenge of eating well

2100-2400 Calorie range. Under 20 net carbs

09/06 - 2159 calories, 18.6 net carbs

09/07 - 2050 calories, 15.7 net carbs

09/08 - 2143 calories, 19.1 net carbs

09/09 - 2098 calories, 17 net carbs

09/10 - 2135 calories, 14.6 net carbs

09/11 - 1677 calories, 15.6 net carbs

09/12 - 2232 calories, 17.1 net carbs

Full 35 points here. Overall, good week. I didn't really have many cravings for anything. 

Goal 3 - The slow roll to exercise

This one is tricky. I delayed for too long, then decided to go for a huge walk. That ended up giving me a foot injury. I took the next day off, then walked the following day. Foot is still hurting bad enough that I have been limping around just walking regular.

So I am 2/4 walks on the week. I did hit the 6,000 + goal those two days. I tried to put it down to three days, but then my foot just hurts too much, and I am worried of it getting worse. 

I am going to go ahead and not score this week for walking. Next week, I plan to get workouts done instead of walking. Then hopefully, week 2 I can add walking back in.

Goal 4 - Chores, oh the chores

I did think I would dread this, but so far, so good. Some days my wife did the dishes too. I had a couple of days of just dealing with a couple of things. I also did not get the cat boxes going until the 9th. All in all, I am glad this is working so far. It is giving me that feeling of "I accomplished something" each day too. Week 1 adds in the big cleaning of one section of the apartment. I think Saturday, we tackle our room and bathroom first.

20/35 points (dang you cat boxes!!!! ;) )

Total 125/140 89% for week 0 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Waanie said:

Good job on week 1! Do you think you'll keep this sleep-schedule of 12-8?

Just be careful with your foot, and adjust your goals if needed. It's better to take a few steps back (pun intended) and work up more slowely than to get injured or demotivated with your entire challenge ;).

I think for now it is working. I know if the world gets back into place, I would need to adjust. Use to be, I had to be awake at 7 to get my son up and ready for school. Distance learning pretty much means he just has to go get the chromebook opened up to get ready haha. As I kid, I always felt robbed if I had to be in bed before 10 PM. Not sure where it started, just always the feeling I get. Maybe it was because Quantum Leap came on at 10. I still kinda feel this way though. Even thinking that I need to shutdown before 10 sounds so crazy to me. Though I guess if I ever had to work a super early morning job, I'd get over it :)

Resting my foot for sure this week. Going to move starting workouts to this week instead. That way I am still getting something done.

• Like 3

Week 1 Day 1 went fine.

Sleep:

Fitbit scored a 91. 11:55 PM to 7:58 AM. I did get into bed before then. Also, I did wake up a bit last night. At one point work with a headache starting up. I've also woke up with said headache.

Food:

1940 Calories, 18.7 g net carbs

Food went fine. Running lower on my options, so it might be more difficult to adjust certain macros. Luckily, plenty of egg things to make still ;)

Chores:

Cat Boxes done. Dishes done. I had to do a bit more scrubbing on our air fryer. Much needed though.  

No workouts done. I was going to start up today. I still might, but I haven't today either. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Tateman said:

I think for now it is working. I know if the world gets back into place, I would need to adjust. Use to be, I had to be awake at 7 to get my son up and ready for school. Distance learning pretty much means he just has to go get the chromebook opened up to get ready haha. As I kid, I always felt robbed if I had to be in bed before 10 PM. Not sure where it started, just always the feeling I get. Maybe it was because Quantum Leap came on at 10. I still kinda feel this way though. Even thinking that I need to shutdown before 10 sounds so crazy to me. Though I guess if I ever had to work a super early morning job, I'd get over it :)

Nice! As a kid, I always had to go to bed at 7:30 and could read until 8. Late into highschool, I think it became 9, but still fairly early. Now it's still a bit weird for me if I go to bed after 10 (like today, apparently).

Good job on day 1!

2 hours ago, Tateman said:

No workouts done. I was going to start up today. I still might, but I haven't today either. 

The day is not over yet in your time zone, is there anything specific holding you back of exercising right now? If not, I'd say go for it!

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Waanie said:

Good job on day 1!

The day is not over yet in your time zone, is there anything specific holding you back of exercising right now? If not, I'd say go for it!

Thanks! Main thing keeping me from doing it today, was just having the headache this morning. Then, it was just like I don't feel like it. Though little by little I was telling myself I could really just do anything. So eventually, I did.

It's almost time for me to head off to read, but I decided to do the Benchmark test in the NF Prime app. 

I pretty much did:

10 squats (unassisted) 

5 per leg lunges (assisted)

5 wall pushups

10 Elevated/counter pushups.

I attempted kneeing pushups, but my knees were not having any part of that on the hard floor ;)

5 doorway rows. The test wanted me to do 10, but I could feel it in my right arm already. I know my arm still isn't 100%, so I won't push it hard.

So technically it's a workout.  Wednesday, I will do the next workout in the app. It's pretty much the same that there is in the Academy workouts.

I've also not walked around a lot today, and my foot is feeling ok. Still going to tell myself to keep resting it, so maybe next week I can get out walking a bit. 

• Like 6

Yup, better then nothing. I'll admit, I thought about doing more workouts today, but I want to give the day break like I should. Yesterday ended up being 100% day thanks to late workout ;)

Week 1 Day 2:

Sleep:

0BMGs50.jpg

Fitbit score the an 88. 11:45 PM to 9:16 AM. I did wake up a little. Then a bit before 7 my back was hurting. I was still feeling tired and couldn't get comfortable, so I just got up. I mostly was just sat up in bed for a bit. Played some Pokemon go, checked the news, etc. Then I decided to put down the phone, and doses off a bit. Nothing fancy, but I feel ok now. 

Food:

ifOw3JN.jpg

I honestly thought I was higher on food yesterday. Not a bog deal I suppose. I knew I had some room to go, so last night we made tacos. I didn't have a tortilla, but I just had all the taco insides on my plate. Quite a bit too. Funny, this morning I made a omelet and bacon that already put me over 1000 calories haha. So today's will be higher for sure. :)

Exercise:

Foot felt fine yesterday, but did no walk. I did the benchmark workout in the NF App. I waited until almost reading time to do it, but I did do it. :) 

10 squats (unassisted) 

5 per leg lunges (assisted)

5 wall pushups

10 Elevated/counter pushups.

I attempted kneeing pushups, but my knees were not having any part of that on the hard floor ;)

5 doorway rows. The test wanted me to do 10, but I could feel it in my right arm already. I know my arm still isn't 100%, so I won't push it hard.

Chores:

Both Cat Boxes and dishes done in the morning.

Good day overall. Already knocked out chores this morning. I'll walk down to the mail box this afternoon and see how my foot feels. 

side thoughts: I am posting my summary each day to try keeping me engaged this challenge. It's too easy to just not come here, then that turns into multiple days. I looked back to 2018 when I was having much success. Much of it was coming back here, and continued checking in and posting. Despite having such a bad month in August, I find I am feeling quite good mentally right now. I just have to keep riding this wave while I can. :)

side thoughts#2: I had thought of this before, but recently it is coming back in mind. How will I handle the holidays.  Do I let myself just eat whatever for those couple of dinners. Do I just try keeping myself keto. How I feel right now, I can get by staying keto. I have some things I could substitute. Of course they would be just for me. There is already talk of having to go out of town for Thanksgiving (Who knows with covid though)

• Like 6

Week 1 Day 3:

Felt good. Got up and finished chores right away. I got to test my foot a bit with a walk to get the mail. It starting hurting a little bit on the way back, so more rest for that. Had a pretty low carb day. Which I didn't seem to mind. 

Sleep:

5WKVYw9.jpg

Fitbit scored it a 91. 11:49 PM to 7:58 AM. I did have a little trouble getting to sleep. Also do recall waking up a bit because I was too damn hot. Very brief moments though. Towards the end, I was rolling around more. Felt tired when I first woke, but feel fine now. 

Food:

WJBkHxg.jpg

Only 4 net carbs on the day. It mostly was from some ham I had in my omelet, and some sunflower seeds.

This morning I got up and did chores. Then I knocked out a workout.

3 rounds

10 Squats

10 Elevated pushups (against the counter)

10 Bent over dumbbell rows (each arm) used 15 lbs to make sure my form and right arm are fine

One minute farmers walk with 15 lbs in each hand.

So yay, I actually did the workout and didn't delay this time haha. My kid is attending his school online, but says to me "I see you over there doing workouts" I just said "Yup" :)

Spicy Chicken nuggets came out today at McDonalds.  Not the best food really, but I might try them. I check out the carbs, and it's 12g for a 6 piece. So I would be ok there, just have to watch the rest of my day. Normally, I hate most things out of McDonalds these days (even when I was eating all the things) I am curious if these nuggets are actually spicy :) 

• Like 4

Ok yesterday was a success. For the most part.

I did get up and finished my chores list. Then I did a workout. All that was left was handling food, and getting to sleep on time.  I did in fact try a 6 piece of Spicy Chicken McNuggets. They were ok. To me, there were barely any amount of spice to them. You could eat one and think "Yeah, I guess there is a bit of something there" I honestly thought they would be more spicy. The sauce added a much needed spice kick to them, but really didn't feel anything more to me the Sriracha. I did like them better then regular McNuggets. I would get again if I was a regular McDonald's eater I suppose. For now, I'm good without :)

I just posted yesterday about how I was feeling great mentally. Well, my brother is back talking suicide and such. So obviously, I am feeling shit. I had a person message me from facebook telling me I need to get my brother to a hospital asap. Saying like "Have you seen his posts" Which then I had to give a run down of "My brother has been doing this same thing for months now, I've tried to get him to reach out for help. He doesn't want to do it. I can't do it for him." I explained that I called the cops 3 times over what he posted. They do nothing about it. If he says he is fine, they can't take him in. I told them about the facebook posts. I told them about how he told me he is going to do it after he visits his daughter. I told them he messaged me to say to cremate him like Mom. So someone telling me to take him to a hospital does me no good. #1 If I even drove down there, he wouldn't jump in the car for me to take him to some medical facility. He would fight me. He fought me when I called the police for him. #2 Even if I got him to said facility, they would be the same as the police. This shit is all on him. I can't control him. I can't make him call all the resources I sent to him. (I've tried calling some, and they say he has to be the one to do things too)

Apparently he lost the job he has, and will probably be homeless again. His track record would make me thing he did something stupid to get fired, but I didn't ask. If he paid his room rent, then he should have the rest of this month to find more work. My sister even sent him $300 to cover his rent, which none of us can afford. He's also upset that his ex girlfriend filed for full custody of their kid with no visitation. He only has a few days left to file in court or whatever. "I have no way to get there" Yet, when he told me about this paperwork in August, I gave him exact links to the local bus route there. $2 one way will get him to the next town. Same price to ride home. He had more then enough time, and resources to figure out what to do. Instead he just acts like he just wants everyone to come save him or something.  What he did to make his ex file for full custody and no visitation, I don't know. I do know I have heard from quite a few people of how much he was doing, and it is utterly embarrassing for people to relate me to him.

So all this, put me in a sour mood. I did get off the computer to read on time, but then just sat here for like 20 minutes. I couldn't get myself to focus on the reading. I told myself I am determined not to let his shit derail me. Eventually, I did read. Then I got to bed. Though it wasn't until past 1-1:30 that I didn't get fully to sleep. Then when I got up today I was drained and pretty much stayed in bed for 2 1/2 hours. So, I am here worrying about my brother. I made sure to check my phone during the night. Was I going to get a call saying he did it. I check his facebook this morning and see he is posting some weird conspiracy thing about a Bollywood actor that the claimed was suicide. Like really? This similar shit happened awhile back too. Messaging me about good by brother etc. Then a day or more later just randomly posting some crap. 😠

Sleep:

9rH2I0I.jpg

11:43 PM to 8:10 AM. Fitbit scored it a 89. I wasn't asleep for a long while, but was trying to get my breathing and such in control. I guess well enough Fitbit considered it resting enough haha.

Food:

EvrbAJm.jpg

With having the McDonalds, I wanted to make sure I was a bit lighter on things the rest of the day. I would have ate more, but really had no appetite after getting facebook messages.

Exercise:

3 rounds

10 Squats

10 Elevated pushups (against the counter)

10 Bent over dumbbell rows (each arm) used 15 lbs to make sure my form and right arm are fine

One minute farmers walk with 15 lbs in each hand.

So, this is my mood now. I keep telling myself, I will not let my brother derail me. I might have rolled out of bed super late, but I did get things done this morning. I took a shower, clean the cat boxes, and finished up all the dishes. Food and sleep to worry about today. 

• Like 6

That stinks you keep having to explain about your brother. If it bothers the person so much, that person can be the one to drive your brother to the hospital. Sounds harsh, but it's passing the buck for that person not to take responsibility and dump on you. Said person wanted to feel like they were helping without actually doing anything. You did the right thing keeping that boundary.

• Like 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I'm sorry about your brother. The worst part about having a mentally ill family member is remembering how to stay sane yourself and not let them drag you down with them. It sounds rough, but if they don't want help, you can't force them to want help. You have sympathies and I wish you the best of luck.

But on the plus side, it looks like you are keeping yourself on track and it's the little victories that count.

• Like 5

You are so right, you can't make them...whatever demons they are fighting are theirs to fight. 

Great job on your goals!

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: it's all routine

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 64

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda