Tarly does Qigong like Donkey Kong

Stronkey Kong

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I have never opened a bottle of wine that I actually finished, it vinegars before I get through it.

So cook with it?

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I mean, yeah, that's an option. I often buy wine in the single-serve bottles to use with recipes for that reason, and then I only cook with the wine and not drink it. I don't drink much as it is, and very rarely drink wine.

Didn't see this before I made my first reply. My bad.

You can save the wine in portions in your freezer, you just need to find a good type of container for it (some type of ziploc bag is probably the easiest). It won't be frozen solid, but it won't turn into vinegar either, and you can reach in and grab a bag whenever you need to deglaze something. 

• Like 4

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

On 9/15/2020 at 4:16 PM, Stronkey Kong said:

I gave in and decided to go back to my emulator. Way less hassle than dealing with 80's era electronics... but the nostalgia <sigh>

Thankfully I have a modded original xbox.  That thing is worth it's weight in gold to me.  Ever seen softmodding stuff?  I've been debating this for a wii--u:

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I mean, yeah, that's an option. I often buy wine in the single-serve bottles to use with recipes for that reason, and then I only cook with the wine and not drink it. I don't drink much as it is, and very rarely drink wine.

I don't even bother with wine.  I cook with grape juice and then drink the rest.

Fallout Vault Boy History - Official Mascot of Vault-Tec

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Teros said:

Thankfully I have a modded original xbox.  That thing is worth it's weight in gold to me.  Ever seen softmodding stuff?  I've been debating this for a wii--u:

I soft-modded my DS Lite, and it was awesome. :) I think I still have it somewhere.... hmmmm.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

And just like that... I have a new super top secret project to work on.

• Like 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

14 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

For the occasional wine drinker I suggest wine in a box. The sealed bag keeps it fresh. It’s also good for camping, take the bag out of the box and it packs small.

Until something punctures the bag, then things can get messy, but there are measures that can and should be take to prevent that.

• Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

Did someone say wine?

image.gif.bce5c427467e3ed3e621e3a1aef9c29b.gif

https://imgur.com/a/0khMi9Y

This is the result of my best friend being a sommelier. 

Annnnnyway,  you’re close enough I could deliver Stronkey. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Level 2 Satyress adventurerSTR 3|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 7|CHA 6

First Challenge:  Disney Song Playlist (April 15th, 2013)

Second Challenge:  Better late than never (June 6, 2013)

"All great changes are preceded by chaos" - Deepak Chopra

On 9/24/2020 at 1:55 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

For the occasional wine drinker I suggest wine in a box. The sealed bag keeps it fresh. It’s also good for camping, take the bag out of the box and it packs small.

Plus, if you drink it all in one go, you can blow up the bag when you've finished and use it as a pillow so you can take a nap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

What's the best time to plant a tree?

20 years ago.

What's the second best time to plant a tree?

Now.

2 hours ago, cd667 said:

Plus, if you drink it all in one go, you can blow up the bag when you've finished and use it as a pillow so you can take a nap.

I would assume drinking it all in one go would make a nap sufficiently easy such that a pillow would not be needed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Workin' out: So my excuse this week is that I tweaked my back a little bit from stupid hack squats which are dumb. Then I lost track and momentum*

However, last night, I did 20 min on the stat bike, then did a couple sets of crunches and leg raises after. So that's something.

I redid the whole workout plan to focus on bodyweight exercises... except for deadlifts... cuz deadlifts. and some KB work.

Now the plan is to just get through the whole list of 25 exercises.

Bujo: I fell off the wagon here and lost track of what I was eating mid-week. I started it over.

Hording Gold: I got a nice deposit to my bank account thanks to last week's nine hours of OT. Tonight, I almost worked 10+ hours of OT, but around the 8 hour mark, I broke a tool that we didn't have a replacement ready so I called it a night. It'll still be a nice paycheck. It will also be the first of five paychecks next month, plus we'll probably get a bonus for the last quarter. So, I should have a nice chunk of cash to try not to spend on booze by the end of the challenge.

*Also, I've been drinking a lot** of wine

**Actually I've been pretty good at keeping it to about three short pour glasses a night.***

***Still, that's more than I should drink overall. Ideally, I'd just be pulling down a bottle a week.

• Like 4

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

In vino veritas...*

Revelation of super top-secret project**

spoilered cuz top secret

Spoiler

I want to make a legend of zelds nes rom hack... this is where you take an old video game (as a ROM file) and alter it to make it new and interesting.

I want to re-imagine the original LoZ with graphics and music based on...

But it's gonna take a lot of really hard work. Including editing binary/hex files. Cuz the tools documents are all outdated and/or terribly organized.

I mean, you'd all want to play this right? I know @Sloth the Enduring would.

*I'm a lil' drunk

**Cuz this is gonna be hard and I need to know if people could get excited about it.

• Like 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Well, I have a long way to go before I can mashup Yoshimi and LoZ, but for starters, I bring you Zelda Bobble

At some point, I'll figure out a solution to the animations so that it doesn't look like Link is dry humping his shield when he stands still.

• Like 2

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

I have...memories of Bubble Bobble. My mom got obsessed with that one and got pretty deep into it. It was a weird game.

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I have...memories of Bubble Bobble. My mom got obsessed with that one and got pretty deep into it. It was a weird game.

I think anyone who grew up with NES has at least one Bubble Bobble memory. Mine is my cousin and I teaming up and trying to get to like level 100 or something, then we found out that through some bizarre way my dad wired up the cable in the house, all the TVs... mostly secondhand CRT TVs with bunny ears BTW... would play it if you turned to channel 3. So everyone in the house was watching for a while while we were in the basement playing.

Name one NES game that is "normal." Bear in mind their biggest franchise is about two Italian plumbers from Brooklyn who travel to a land filled with walking talking mushrooms and try to save a princess from a firebreathing dinosaur/dragon/turtle chimera...

Of course things can always get weirder, and that's a good thing...

spoilered cuz huge

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • That's Metal 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Finally, got a workout in:

Lunge: 3x6, each side, non-alternating sets

Dips: 3x2

Crunches: 4x12

KB Swing: 25# 10x10 (alternating arms)

Qigong (Owl spreads wings)

It was good. Everything got hit. I will have DOMS from lunges. Dips mostly felt like partials but good overall. Crunches burned abs. KB Swings made me breathe. Qigong was a good way to cooldown and finish. I should have warmed up tho. I simply forgot and went straight for lunges.

• Like 2

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Okay I was definitely one of those obsessed with Bubble Bobble people. My mom and I totally played the heck out of that game. We'd get so excited over the monster that came if you took too long to beat the level like "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH IT'S GONNA EAT US UP!"

This was really cool :) 

And HIGH FIVES for working out! Woot woot! 

• Like 1

Three day weekend!

Decided Wed. to take Fri. evening off. Then I found out Thu. that the shop is cutting back on Fri/Sat OT for a few weeks. <sigh> This is the kind of shit that happens in an Alanis Morisette song.

Bujo went off the rails again. I'm in my trial week of Noom... we'll see how that goes.

Got one workout in. Hopefully I get another couple for the remaining weekend.

As far as hording money goes, rent was due the other day, so we'll have to wait for these 40 hr paychecks to accumulate. 😕

=========================================

Now, for what I'm sure you all tuned in for... Zelda ROM hack news!

Well, for starters, I found out that the tools/software for hacking SNES are better maintained than the ones for NES. So I decided to do my Yoshimi/Zelda hack on A Link to the Past instead of the original NES. Unfortunately, the tools for doing that are laborious and stupid, and buggy, and not well maintained.

Further, none of this stuff is available on Linux, my preferred OS...

So...

I'm gonna build my own gear.

And just like that I've stuck my head back into a programming boondoggle of my time.

Of course if I build something awesome, I put that on my github profile, and I can maybe seek work in computer sciencey fields again.

Fuckin' Randy... coworker... just decides to unload whatever insane bullshit is bouncing around his head whenever he feels like it. He was in charge of the job I'm running, and as bad and disorganized as it was, it was the devil I knew, then he decided to quit being in charge of it and now Thor (his actual name, and he's not as cool as his name implies) who I find even more annoying is running it.

<sigh>

While we're talking shit about co-workers, remember these guys?

DJ Panda PJs: quit

Crazy Mabel: fired -- I actually hadn't mentioned him cuz I kinda liked him, he lived up to the name I give him

Der Rotzloeffel: "You can't fire me, cuz I quit!"

So those guys are gone.

Yeah. I'm kinda annoyed with work again.

• Like 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

I finally got another workout in!

3x6 Assisted chinups

3x3 (each side) Pak tui stance... I suppose some people call these side lunges

2x12 + 2x8 Knee pushups

One hundred (the pilates exercise)... coulda chosen a better exercise for abs+cardio maybe

Inner Rivers Flowing (qigong) ... reach way out forward then down to touch your toes and circle back up while holding your chi-energy ball

Aside from that, I' spent the last 24 hours audio-binge-reading Health at Every Size while playing Crash Bandicoot and A Link to the Past...

I got onto that because after reading/watching some reviews of Noom they basically steared me away and mentioned the issues with lots of rules and logging and weighing in etc. Further, I realized that Noom wasn't going to help me in any way I haven't been already trying to help myself by doing all that shit. So  I cancelled my trial to Noom and read the HAES book instead and it finally put into focus a lot of what I'd been thinking and trying to ignore in my head for years while on this health and fitness journey. And it took away that last bit of anxiety about the weight and health connection. That was important because that's usually what will get me back on some kind of diet and workout plan and force myself to try harder when in reality I should just be listening to my body, eating and doing activities I like, and accepting what comes.

So that's where all this is going now. I'm going to focus on making myself stronger and finding ways to enjoy movement for its own sake and eventually I'll become more active. I'll listen to my gut and mood when it comes to food and just be honest with myself about what I want rather than try to restrain myself and build up big cravings.

So that's that for now. More to come.

• Like 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Workout:

3x10 of:

Deficit bent over rows 95#

Band pull aparts (double red -- the lightest one)

Band bicep curls (black -- the second lightest)

Band pull downs (purple -- second heaviest)

Lying Leg raises

I decided to put some priority into working on back/shoulder and pulling muscles so I can get around to doing pullups faster. So that's why.

Eating whatever. Healthy but whatever.

Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled with olive oil, two pieces of toast and a large handful/cluster of white grapes

Lunches x2: Homemade minestrone soup and a mandarin orange

Post-workout/Dinner: Minestrone soup and a chicken thigh... once that settles, if I'm still hungry I'm gonna have yogurt with cereal... in fact probably gonna.

And....

Now I'm flirting with the idea of doing a data engineering bootcamp... more to come.

Ladies and gentlemen... we are in a full on tailspin... but we're gonna keep on going.

• Like 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge