• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

darkfoxx

Darkfoxx 68: Adjusting, Adjusting, Ever Adjusting

Week: 2, Wednesday

Quarantine Status:

Qatar has shifted to Phase 4 Part 2. Life is more-or-less returning back to some semblance of normal, with restrictions. Gyms are back on the table, (gyms have now rolled back to being closed for all group classes and more restrictions for in-person trainer sessions and open gyms have been put into place) malls are back to fully open, movie theaters are open, and restaurants for groups of 5 are a go. All masked and with social distancing, normal body temperature and green status on your tracker app.

I, on the other hand am now stuck in government-mandated home quarantine till mid-ish challenge due to my gym network networking itself into being a new case cluster. Whoo. So I’m back to #quarantinelife but not #quarantinedontcare life.

Nutrition

Goals here: smaller portions, less meat, more veggies, nutrient dense food options, no GI issues

Base MFP Goals for slow weight loss: 1,260 calories, 20% protein, 50% carbs, 30% fat Week 1 Averages: 1093 calories, 55g protein (18%), 142g carbs (47%), 44g fat (34%) Week 2 Averages: Week 3 Averages: Week 4 Averages: Week 5 Averages:

Breakfast:  Pumpernickel, avocado, hummus, turkey bacon

Lunch:  Leftover tagliatelle with a fried egg

Dinner:  Roast beef with mashed potatoes and pan gravy that turned out shockingly well. I kind of suck at roasts and I think this is the first pan gravy I’ve managed to not screw up in years. Granted, I make gravy about once a year at Thanksgiving if I remember - but still ... DH was a happy man. he’ll be happy for leftovers in a roast beef sandwich tonight, too. 

Snacks:  

Did I eat like an asshole? Not especially 

Did anything try to kill me? Nope

Did I eat a vegetable? How much? Ummmmm ... no 

Did I drink enough water? probably 

Support and Connection

Goal here: Support my Herd, and keeping touch with friends online for now; hopefully going back to taking a morning out of the house alone + 1 dinner a month out with friends later

Did I support my Herd? yep

Did I interact with “IRL” humans? Nope 

Feed My Sense Of Well-being

Goal here: Main craft project, Side project, do a damn Skillshare class

What did I learn today? Animal Crossing shit, embroidery shit

What was my project today? Sewed half the edging on my quilt and decided I’ll hand fell the other side in contrasting thread. Prepped everything to get started on that. Crossed Animals. 

Activity

Goals here: 3-4x a week classes, either through Zoom while in quarantine or combined with walks to and from the gym if I feel like that’s a wise choice post-quarantine

This week’s projected schedule: Monday Warrior Flow (Zoom), Optional Tuesday Handstand Practice (Zoom), Wednesday Monk Foundations (Zoom), Optional Thursday Yoga Shred (Zoom), Friday Warrior Monk (Zoom), Saturday/Sunday off

Did I accomplish my fitness goal for the day? Yep. This class was a little better - the sub seemed to feel more comfortable, and she had us doing some novel ankle/calf stretches to work on squat & down dog mobility. 

They also fiiiiiiiiiinally updated the website for at least the rest of this week and next and opened next month’s membership packages up in the middle of the night Wednesday. Signed up for classes, but have decided to skip Thursday to rest my wrist some more. I feel like I’d like to go to class and I could start tentatively using my wrist more, but I also know that I can’t trust myself at this stage and will 100% re-injure it. It’s not healed by a long shot and won’t actually heal heal, but it’s at least back to manageable amounts of I feel less like I’m doing irreparable damage by putting weight on it than it was. 

3F81510B-2337-4235-BDC5-F28063380BBF.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

partially to force growth, partially to see how the other half lives, partially to see if I wanted to reinvent myself, and partially to find a support network that a: resides in the same time zone as I do, and b: deals with the same bureaucratic and cultural BS as I do. I can explain things all day, but explanation is no substitute for experience in this case.

All of these are very good reasons. One of the things that was hardest for me when I moved countries was the lack of support from other immigrants who knew what it was like, so I definitely understand the need for a support group who understands what it's like without needing it reexplained every time. Not to mention, who can give advice based on their experiences and help you navigate the cultural differences.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

All of these are very good reasons. One of the things that was hardest for me when I moved countries was the lack of support from other immigrants who knew what it was like, so I definitely understand the need for a support group who understands what it's like without needing it reexplained every time. Not to mention, who can give advice based on their experiences and help you navigate the cultural differences.

Yup. Forced socialization goes against my whole being, but ... without it, I don’t get the benefits of those local connections. Not to mention, events and cool things aren’t the easiest thing to find where I live. Unless you happen to see something on Facebook or Insta, and mention of said thing happens to be posted before it happens - you wouldn’t know jack is going on. Word of mouth and link tagging are huge here. 

Add also DH who was actually enjoying having friends to hang out with, but is even worse at that shit than I am and with less time. No use continuing to worry about it now; we’re still on Phase 4 here - with limits of 5 ppl per table at restaurants, so the group is dormant anyways. This next week, I’ll be going back to my Houseparty coffee morning catchups with a girlfriend stuck in a different sandpit. 

5 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

That's all I took away from your update 🤣

source.gif

My favorite!  #noshame

🤤

Week: 2, Thursday

Quarantine Status:

Qatar has shifted to Phase 4 Part 2. Life is more-or-less returning back to some semblance of normal, with restrictions. Gyms are back on the table, (gyms have now rolled back to being closed for all group classes and more restrictions for in-person trainer sessions and open gyms have been put into place) malls are back to fully open, movie theaters are open, and restaurants for groups of 5 are a go. All masked and with social distancing, normal body temperature and green status on your tracker app.

I, on the other hand am now stuck in government-mandated home quarantine till mid-ish challenge due to my gym network networking itself into being a new case cluster. Whoo. So I’m back to #quarantinelife but not #quarantinedontcare life.

Nutrition

Goals here: smaller portions, less meat, more veggies, nutrient dense food options, no GI issues

Base MFP Goals for slow weight loss: 1,260 calories, 20% protein, 50% carbs, 30% fat Week 1 Averages: 1093 calories, 55g protein (18%), 142g carbs (47%), 44g fat (34%) Week 2 Averages: Week 3 Averages: Week 4 Averages: Week 5 Averages:

Breakfast:  The last of the substandard pumpernickel + eggplant hummus + the last of the turkey bacon & half an avocado 

Lunch:  2 helpings of some vaguely Japanese crunchy mix that gave my jaw a workout 

Dinner:  Leftover roast beef in me-made caramelized onion buns 

Snacks:  

Did I eat like an asshole? Kinda. Lunch had zero nutrition, but it was what I had on hand 

Did anything try to kill me? Nope - lunch gave my jaw a workout, but no stabby stabby

Did I eat a vegetable? How much? Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Did I drink enough water? Yep

Support and Connection

Goal here: Support my Herd, and keeping touch with friends online for now; hopefully going back to taking a morning out of the house alone + 1 dinner a month out with friends later

Did I support my Herd? Yep

What did I learn today? Animal Crossing stuff, True Crime stuff, some sewing stuff 

What was my project today? Hand felled 1.5 sides of my quilt and should be finished by Monday and ready to ship out as soon as we can locate a box in which to ship it. 

Activity

Goals here: 3-4x a week classes, either through Zoom while in quarantine or combined with walks to and from the gym if I feel like that’s a wise choice post-quarantine

This week’s projected schedule: Monday Warrior Flow (Zoom), Optional Tuesday Handstand Practice (Zoom), Wednesday Monk Foundations (Zoom), Optional Thursday Yoga Shred (Zoom), Friday Warrior Monk (Zoom), Saturday/Sunday off

Did I accomplish my fitness goal for the day? Had a hell of a time signing up for next week’s classes + the latter half of this week; took the day off of yoga to explore the new Fall pumpkin stuff in Animal Crossing and to sew. And rest my wrist, though sewing isn’t the best rest for that - at least it’s not weight put on it. 

B8A8ECFE-2472-4844-9C19-AE358870169D.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Yup. Forced socialization goes against my whole being, but ... without it, I don’t get the benefits of those local connections. Not to mention, events and cool things aren’t the easiest thing to find where I live. Unless you happen to see something on Facebook or Insta, and mention of said thing happens to be posted before it happens - you wouldn’t know jack is going on. Word of mouth and link tagging are huge here. 

That sounds like a bit of a dilemma... either you put in considerable amount of time and effort to force yourself to socialize, or you find yourself completely isolated. I feel like there should be a middle ground, but if there is none to find, that probably makes the forced socialization even more draining by adding another layer of frustration to the whole thing.

16 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

That sounds like a bit of a dilemma... either you put in considerable amount of time and effort to force yourself to socialize, or you find yourself completely isolated. I feel like there should be a middle ground, but if there is none to find, that probably makes the forced socialization even more draining by adding another layer of frustration to the whole thing.

It’s a pain in the ass level of Catch-22. 

On the flip side of that, some random American dude posted something about wanting to start up a D&D campaign, which led to a whole local RPG Discord server. Hoping to find some gaming friends on there. Hubby and I would definitely be down for some more Roll20 socialization before meatspace socialization. 

Week: 2, Friday

Quarantine Status:

Nutrition

Breakfast:  Me-made onion roll with a fried egg and it was glorious 

Lunch:  Eggplant hummus with the last of my cherry tomatoes 

Dinner:  Delivery Indian - chicken tikka burger that was suuuuuuuuuuuper messy but delicious, 1 tikka-wrapped paneer meatball thing, and most of the potato wedges my burger came with 

Snacks:  

Did I eat like an asshole? Ish. Ate too much at dinner, including eating past the point I no longer wanted fried shit - but stopped before the food was gone, so there was a small win there. It seems my body is for realz sick of fried food - and it only took firing up MFP to do it. 

Did anything try to kill me? Not especially 

Did I eat a vegetable? How much? Ummmmm ... let’s count tomatoes as a vegetable. I had about 3/4 of a cup of those. 

Did I drink enough water? Maybe/maybe not. I think I remember going to bed a bit thirsty, but it didn’t wake me up in the middle of the night.

Support and Connection

Did I interact with “IRL” humans? Ish - texted with new baby friend a bit 

What did I learn today? Sewing stuff, photography stuff

What was my project today? Hand felling my quilt; should finish tomorrow. Crossed Animals and worked on my pumpkin patch. I’m also now a vampire - or an albino - I wish the game had little fangs. And elf ears. Worked on selfies a bit too - the camera on this iPad is better than the one on my phone, and I got something I didn’t immediately hate going. Will see what I can do there. 

Activity

Did I accomplish my fitness goal for the day? Yep. Did my yoga while DH played CoD because he too took the day off. Class was good. I did a bit of down dog on my wrists and a bit of crow practice with about half my weight - didn’t die, and my wrist isn’t in tons of pain today. It hurts, but it’s more of a dull ache. I think once a week pushing it may be ok for the next few weeks. I still wore my lifting wrap, which helped a bunch. 

29E8D773-64EE-46C1-A896-E177CF331DA7.jpeg

10 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

On the flip side of that, some random American dude posted something about wanting to start up a D&D campaign, which led to a whole local RPG Discord server. Hoping to find some gaming friends on there. Hubby and I would definitely be down for some more Roll20 socialization before meatspace socialization. 

Socializing by doing an activity that takes everyone's focus, is more fun to me than just socializing for the sake of socializing. (I hope that made sense) For example, Husband and I have a monthly poker night with a group of online friends, and sometimes we have great conversations about shared interests, current events, and what life is like at our respective geographical locations during The Plague Times. Just as often though all we talk about is the poker game, and that is fine. More than fine actually, because the pressure to socialize eases when that is not the main point of the social gathering. Speaking from personal experience, D&D can easily have the same effect and fill the same need for human contact, without the forced awkwardness of desperately casting about for something, anything, to talk about.

I hope the D&D campaign takes off! Those are fun! :) 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 7:37 PM, Scaly Freak said:

Socializing by doing an activity that takes everyone's focus, is more fun to me than just socializing for the sake of socializing. (I hope that made sense) For example, Husband and I have a monthly poker night with a group of online friends, and sometimes we have great conversations about shared interests, current events, and what life is like at our respective geographical locations during The Plague Times. Just as often though all we talk about is the poker game, and that is fine. More than fine actually, because the pressure to socialize eases when that is not the main point of the social gathering. Speaking from personal experience, D&D can easily have the same effect and fill the same need for human contact, without the forced awkwardness of desperately casting about for something, anything, to talk about.

I hope the D&D campaign takes off! Those are fun! :) 

Definitely. Going back to game nights with friends is our end goal for friend-making anyways, so this fits. :) 

• Like 1

Week 2, Saturday/Sunday

Saturday was fine - actually made it out of the house and watched our first movie since lockdown: Tenet. It was enjoyable. Something a little different plot-wise and a good spin on the traditional action movie. Did good with only eating half my popcorn because my home popcorn is much better. They don’t do extra butter here. It was freshly popped, which was good; but was still kinda joyless. I think the mixed cheese/caramel/salt combo is the way to go in theaters here. Ordered subs for lunch. 

Sunday was mall day - got some good steps in; continued on in DH’s craving for a big American burger with Texas Roadhouse. Had a chicken sandwich and was pleasantly surprised that it was good. Only ate 2 of the fries. 

Got most of my blanket edges felled - have 1 side left to go and am going slow since there is no shipping box in sight. 

Finished our season of Hunt A Killer. Fell asleep during Velvet Buzzsaw. Watched Death Day - which wasn’t bad. Hoping for double horror movies every weekend this month. 

Half built my D&D character, but I don’t really know what I’m doing so hopefully did it right. 

• Like 1

Week: 3, Monday, Tuesday 

Quarantine Status:

Nutrition

Base MFP Goals for slow weight loss: 1,260 calories, 20% protein, 50% carbs, 30% fat Week 1 Averages: 1093 calories, 55g protein (18%), 142g carbs (47%), 44g fat (34%) Week 2 Averages: 1035 calories, 40g protein (17%), 95g carbs (40%), 45g fat (43%) Week 3 Averages: Week 4 Averages: Week 5 Averages:

Breakfast:  Onion roll with fried egg both days - added half an avocado on Tuesday 

Lunch:  Leftover roast beef with another roll Monday; Tuesday was grocery store sushi 

Dinner:  Rabbit in mustard sauce Monday; Tuesday was a few bites of a really good grain salad + a chicken/sweet potato meatball 

Snacks:  Snacked on a banana on Tuesday 

Did I eat like an asshole? Not especially, either day. Lunch was super late both days because I just wasn’t hungry - likely due to mild bloating from the onions in the rolls 

Did I eat a vegetable? How much? Ummmm ... Tuesday, I did 

Did I drink enough water? I think so on both days 

Support and Connection

Did I support my Herd? Apparently not - totally thought i had 

Did I interact with “IRL” humans? Yep! Tuesday was coffee catch up via Houseparty with friends and it was great. 

What did I learn today? Stuff. 

What was my project today? Finished my quilt Monday and set it to wash on Tuesday. Now I’m just working at getting the damn blood splatter out. I pricked my finger a good one - good enough to cause a spurt - while sewing something on the nice and light grey back. Oops. I’ll do a bleach splatter pattern if I can’t get it to go with the second round of stain remover I hit it with. Aside from that, it’s not bad looking. Far, far, far from perfect, but I hate it less. 

Activity

Did I accomplish my fitness goal for the day? Yep! Monday yoga was good; managed to only strain my wrist a bit Tuesday before switching to forearm balance work instead of strictly hands. 

225DFEEB-9264-4351-9182-5D7FEA56B004.jpeg

BA85F7AC-8AF7-479D-B79A-B4F8CFE82414.jpeg

381A390D-D20A-4478-844F-17DD98B48111.jpeg

8544005C-1799-4A9F-B15B-0CED778D5F8D.jpeg

• Like 3

Week: 3, Wednesday

Quarantine Status:

Nutrition

Base MFP Goals for slow weight loss: 1,260 calories, 20% protein, 50% carbs, 30% fat Week 1 Averages: 1093 calories, 55g protein (18%), 142g carbs (47%), 44g fat (34%) Week 2 Averages: 1035 calories, 40g protein (17%), 95g carbs (40%), 45g fat (43%) Week 3 Averages: Week 4 Averages: Week 5 Averages:

Breakfast:  Onion roll with fried egg 

Lunch:  Leftover grainy salad

Dinner:  Buffalo chicken pasta 

Snacks:  Banana

Did anything try to kill me? No, surprisingly. I pushed it with lactose free cream cheese at dinner and I was fine. Let’s see if that theory holds up after eating the leftovers ... 

Did I eat a vegetable? How much? About 1/4 of a cup with lunch 

Did I drink enough water? I thought so, but I was a bit dehydrated this morning 

Support and Connection

Did I interact with “IRL” humans? A bit at yoga - I was the only online person and there were 2 (out of the possible 4) in studio; also talked to my Dad 

What did I learn today? Embroidery stuff. Also got the remote trigger app for my camera fixed

What was my project today? Tried removing the stain from the quilt 

Activity

Did I accomplish my fitness goal for the day? Yep! Yoga was great. Couldn’t get into Bird Of Paradise to save my damn life, despite that previously being a fairly easy one for me. But that’s okay. *deep breath* Iamnotthevaledictorianofyga

D48A4DDA-3684-4639-8482-27E899A6E354.jpeg

• Like 2

Week: 3, Thursday

Quarantine Status:

Nutrition

Breakfast:  Onion roll + fried egg

Lunch:  In an effort to get more veggies, a frozen spinach/frozen blueberry/banana/carrot juice/beet smoothie + 3 chicken/sweet potato meatballs spaced out over the latter half of the afternoon

Dinner:  Leftover buffalo chicken pasta 

Snacks:  More meatballs 

Did I eat like an asshole? Nope 

Did anything try to kill me? I do remember random stabby stabby but not after a meal, so ... 

Did I eat a vegetable? How much? Yes! Lunch was veggie heavy and my snack had sweet potato 

Did I drink enough water? Ish 

Support and Connection

What did I learn today? Embroidery stuff 

What was my project today? Take 1 of printing my next pattern. Need more printer ink to reprint, since like 30 pages didn’t print enough. Also tried transferring my embroidery pattern from phone to paper to no avail; tried tracing it on the graph paper I have ... and it’s still too damn big. I’m going to see if I can get it smaller in Procreate and work from there. 

Activity

Did I accomplish my fitness goal for the day? Bailed on yoga today. Felt antsy and like I *wanted* a class, just not *that* class. I think *gasp* I’m kinda over Shred-style yoga. Mostly because it’s an actual workout and that’s still not where I’m at, but still ... 

Also spent some time while trying to fall asleep deep-diving into selfies from the last 10 years - mostly to see if I could find my “skinny” body progress shots from 2015/2016 for either some inspiration or a whip - not sure which. Didn’t end up finding them, but I did find my pre GoRuck pics and I was adorable. Also found out just how long I’ve had a half-shaved head. And the 1 really good shaggy bob cut I had for a bit before lopping it all off (again). Also still down with the majority of my sartorial choices. I stand behind horizontal stripey tights for home running around in (and dog yoga). 

76F65E4D-4BCB-4966-BE1A-F4A72FC69665.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Also spent some time while trying to fall asleep deep-diving into selfies from the last 10 years - mostly to see if I could find my “skinny” body progress shots from 2015/2016 for either some inspiration or a whip - not sure which. Didn’t end up finding them, but I did find my pre GoRuck pics and I was adorable. Also found out just how long I’ve had a half-shaved head. And the 1 really good shaggy bob cut I had for a bit before lopping it all off (again). Also still down with the majority of my sartorial choices. I stand behind horizontal stripey tights for home running around in (and dog yoga). 

Sometimes I feel like I should do this, then I promptly forget. I think it would be fascinating to see how my appearance preferences have changed through the years though.

• Like 1

Week 3 Weekend

Friday was fine. Yoga class was good, though I felt a bit weak due to tight legs. Saturday was meh - did absolutely nothing but try and figure out handkerchief embroidery. Did a bunch of stitches I wasn’t fond of. 

Sunday we attempted to take the pups in for vaccines but our appointment had been moved without notice because one of the vets is now in quarantine. #goodtimes. Freya refused to leave until she got sufficient pets from the front desk people. 

Mailed at a different mall; picked some hand wrap stuff up for DH to save his callouses from getting ripped off again on deadlift day. 

Watched more horror movies: The Lighthouse (snooze) & a Korean zombie flick. 

Decided I’m going to sign up for Skillshare again - and this time, I’m bound and determined to actually use my subscription. I’ll stick to highly rated classes in topics that are more prevalent on Skillshare - like photography. The sewing classes were a bust. 

• Like 1

Week 4: Monday and Tuesday

Oops. Totally forgot to update yesterday.

Monday was good - yoga class went well, food was decent.

Tuesday was coffee group via Zoom with girlfriends, grocery shopping and handstand practice. Which went well. I did all forearm work, and was able to kick up - still can’t pull away from the wall, but I was happy with my progress. 

Food was pretty good, too - lots of leftover naan eggy things; dinner was kinda great - hidden zucchini orzo. Added a little surprise to the quilt for my Dad - constellation stitches.

509A0DB5-CE48-4A27-873B-6CAD33052DDA.jpeg

B5A2683F-D5A2-4DEC-86BB-2CA456966E5B.jpeg

AC710408-3FCF-4E66-9F55-D002210AA3EE.jpeg

34F3036D-B247-4081-8D7B-9A5857E330FD.jpeg

C1FBF247-7774-4B49-B081-C3F8B6D85B83.jpeg

• Like 2

Wait, is it Week 5 and not 4?! Where does the time fly? 

Week: 4 5, Wednesday 

Quarantine Status:

Nutrition

Base MFP Goals for slow weight loss: 1,260 calories, 20% protein, 50% carbs, 30% fat Week 1 Averages: 1093 calories, 55g protein (18%), 142g carbs (47%), 44g fat (34%) Week 2 Averages: 1035 calories, 40g protein (17%), 95g carbs (40%), 45g fat (43%) Week 3 Averages: 957 calories, 51g protein (19%), 120g carbs (45%), 42g fat (36%) Week 4 Averages: Week 5 Averages:

Breakfast:  Leftover naan with a fried egg 

Lunch:  Barley salad from Caribou Coffee that was fantastic 

Dinner:  A really good kitchen sink fall rice side that can totally serve as a bowl meal + some rotisserie chicken because this is not a chicken aversion week, apparently 

Snacks:  

Did I eat like an asshole? Nope 

Did anything try to kill me? Random stabby stabby but not tied to mealtime, so no idea what that was all about. GI tract was piiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed in the am, tho. 

Did I eat a vegetable? How much? Yep! Lunch had a little spinach and tomato and dinner had squash 

Support and Connection

Did I interact with “IRL” humans? Nope. We had a meeting scheduled with the online dog trainer but had to cancel because DH of course had to work late since we had plans. 

What did I learn today? Did I remember to tell y’all I signed back up for Skillshare this Monday? I did, and I’ve tooled around with a few classes this week. Monday, specifically. Mostly on freelance stuff to see if that sparks any kind of intense desire to attempt that again. I’m planning on delving into more art-related classes in the latter half of this week. 

What was my project today? Did some embroidery and selfie work; colored a bit while I couldn’t use my phone all evening because of a big migration. 

Activity

Did I accomplish my fitness goal for the day? Yep! Today was foundational mobility work - crow was the “big” pose and I did well. Got into actual crow instead of crane, which was nice. I am much better at crane - my knees slip in crow. Only fell forward once, and quit after that. Falling forward tweaks the poo out of my wrist. I feel it this morning so I’m taking Thursday off again - but if I’m still feeling a strong desire to practice this afternoon, I’ll pop on a YouTube video. I think I have an aversion to the yoga shred class. I know why - a combo of: teacher is intimidating with resting bitch face, teacher is fitnessy rather than yoga-y and that’s not where I’m at right now, HIIT yoga was my j-a-m back when I was fit, aaaaand I’m not there with my fitness to go as HAM as I used to with those classes. Also, it’s not where I am in my yoga journey. I’m more in a place of building good body habits, working on the foundations, and finding strength through stillness. Not necessarily crucible punishment. Which I love and ticks all my control boxes, but I’m forcing myself out of that comfort zone still. 

I’m also still enjoying having 1 day a week with no obligations (even though yoga is a 1-hour obligation I can wear my pajamas to). Within the next challenge I think I’ll see how I like the Saturday am class - Saturday is DH’s play video games all day day and it’s hella boring for me. I ended up playing veal last week and not really moving from the couch for an entire day. I think I’m over that ish and need something more. I yoga-ed while he played 1 day and it didn’t kill me; I suppose I can do it again. That’ll give me my 5 days a week with a buffer off day before starting it all over again. I can do that. 

76AA89F0-0FFA-45BA-8EAD-0260435011C5.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

What did I learn today? Did I remember to tell y’all I signed back up for Skillshare this Monday? I did, and I’ve tooled around with a few classes this week. Monday, specifically. Mostly on freelance stuff to see if that sparks any kind of intense desire to attempt that again. I’m planning on delving into more art-related classes in the latter half of this week. 

You did! Please keep sharing how you're liking it, I'm toying with the idea of online classes in my free time as well.

19 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

You did! Please keep sharing how you're liking it, I'm toying with the idea of online classes in my free time as well.

The classes are pretty good, providing you go into them as just informative videos and not classes classes. Not Type A college level courses designed by an educator that unfold over the space of a semester; more like a conversation with someone who knows some things and is not a professional educator. 

I took 3(?) “classes” on building Instagram shit since mine is a mess and I accidentally took like 6 months off for pandemic reasons. I use that social platform for artsy photography and post infrequently - my Pictures of the Day & recipes go on other social media (the blog). I’m thinking of semi-integrating the two by posting artsy food shit and maybe quickie cooking stories. Dunno. Let’s see if I get to it. More blog readership might be nice. Maybe. Eventual monetization could also be a good thing - or, a huge waste of effort. Either/or. I mostly just post for me nowadays. Started as a place for friends to get recipes for all the shit I used to bring into the office for lunch —- it’s ... evolved over the last 10 years. 

Week: 5, Thursday 

Quarantine Status:

Nutrition

Base MFP Goals for slow weight loss: 1,260 calories, 20% protein, 50% carbs, 30% fat Week 1 Averages: No data available Week 2 Averages: 1093 calories, 55g protein (18%), 142g carbs (47%), 44g fat (34%) Week 3 Averages: 1035 calories, 40g protein (17%), 95g carbs (40%), 45g fat (43%) Week 4 Averages: 957 calories, 51g protein (19%), 120g carbs (45%), 42g fat (36%) Week 5 Averages:

Breakfast:  Half a naan & a fried egg 

Lunch:  Leftover ricey salady thing 

Dinner:  Pot noodles with rotisserie chicken 

Snacks:  

Did I eat a vegetable? How much? Some squash with lunch 

Support and Connection

What did I learn today? Lots of shit about Instagram and how I’m using it halfassedly 

What was my project today? Worked on some embroidery between “classes”. Also dicked around with selfies on the new camera. Liking the portrait mode on the newer iPhones so far. Miss my square framing. Not a fan of prettifying. 

Activity

Did I accomplish my fitness goal for the day? Took the day off again. Just wasn’t into it, and listened to my body when it said to rest. 

4EDA01C9-9DC8-402E-9530-11E3895339A9.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

The classes are pretty good, providing you go into them as just informative videos and not classes classes. Not Type A college level courses designed by an educator that unfold over the space of a semester; more like a conversation with someone who knows some things and is not a professional educator. 

Interesting distinction... and it fits in with some of the things I've heard about SkillShare from others as well. Thanks for the amount of detail! It helps my research.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 4:51 AM, darkfoxx said:

Now I’m just working at getting the damn blood splatter out. I pricked my finger a good one - good enough to cause a spurt - while sewing something on the nice and light grey back. Oops. I’ll do a bleach splatter pattern if I can’t get it to go with the second round of stain remover I hit it with.

Success?

20 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Interesting distinction... and it fits in with some of the things I've heard about SkillShare from others as well. Thanks for the amount of detail! It helps my research.

Yeah. It’s definitely not the college course level info I want, but for little soft skills ... as long as you’re picky about class ratings and are looking for info on something like photography, social media, painting or graphic design it seems like a good resource. Sewing was a bust.