• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

darkfoxx

Darkfoxx 68: Adjusting, Adjusting, Ever Adjusting

10 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

Success?

Yes! None of the stain removers I had worked, so bleach it was. 

I’m saying it’s a vague star pattern to go with the little constellations I added to the back - my zodiac and my father’s because that’s just the kind of thing he will absolutely love. 

2793290E-FDA9-493D-BBCC-09526CA3B890.jpeg

Week: 5, Friday

Quarantine Status:

Qatar has shifted to Phase 4 Part 2. Life is more-or-less returning back to some semblance of normal, with restrictions. Gyms are back on the table, (gyms have now rolled back to being closed for all group classes and more restrictions for in-person trainer sessions and open gyms have been put into place) malls are back to fully open, movie theaters are open, and restaurants for groups of 5 are a go. All masked and with social distancing, normal body temperature and green status on your tracker app.

I, on the other hand am now stuck in government-mandated home quarantine till mid-ish challenge due to my gym network networking itself into being a new case cluster. Whoo. So I’m back to #quarantinelife but not #quarantinedontcare life.

Nutrition

Goals here: smaller portions, less meat, more veggies, nutrient dense food options, no GI issues

Base MFP Goals for slow weight loss: 1,260 calories, 20% protein, 50% carbs, 30% fat Week 1 Averages: No data available Week 2 Averages: 1093 calories, 55g protein (18%), 142g carbs (47%), 44g fat (34%) Week 3 Averages: 1035 calories, 40g protein (17%), 95g carbs (40%), 45g fat (43%) Week 4 Averages: 957 calories, 51g protein (19%), 120g carbs (45%), 42g fat (36%) Week 5 Averages:

Breakfast:  The last of the naan from last weekend + the last fried egg 

Lunch:  Leftover rice thingie with rotisserie chicken 

Dinner:  Chicken tikka masala with 1 roti and the “Indian chips” it came with

Snacks:  One of those berry smoothies 

Did I eat like an asshole? Ish. Dinner was heavy

Did anything try to kill me? Not especially

Did I eat a vegetable? How much? Thank past-me for smoothies 

Did I drink enough water? Yep

Support and Connection

Goal here: Support my Herd, and keeping touch with friends online for now; hopefully going back to taking a morning out of the house alone + 1 dinner a month out with friends later

Did I support my Herd? Yep

Did I interact with “IRL” humans? Yes! Played the inaugural night of D&D with the local(ish) group I signed up with a couple weeks ago. Grumpy-ass DH even had a good time ... with strangers ... and it didn’t kill him. 

Feed My Sense Of Well-being

Goal here: Main craft project, Side project, do a damn Skillshare class

What did I learn today? Didn’t watch any classes; learned D&D stuff 

What was my project today? Embroidery  

Activity

Goals here: 3-4x a week classes, either through Zoom while in quarantine or combined with walks to and from the gym if I feel like that’s a wise choice post-quarantine

This week’s projected schedule: Monday Warrior Flow (Zoom), Optional Tuesday Handstand Practice (Zoom), Wednesday Monk Foundations (Zoom), Optional Thursday Yoga Shred (Zoom), Friday Warrior Monk (Zoom), Saturday/Sunday off

Did I accomplish my fitness goal for the day? Yep. Class was vinyasa and was pretty good. I had to deal with upset dogs a few times throughout and didn’t push as hard as I could have because I kept getting distracted by dogs and phone dings, but it was good nonetheless. 

• Like 1

Week: 5, Saturday / Sunday 

Quarantine Status:

Qatar has shifted to Phase 4 Part 2. Life is more-or-less returning back to some semblance of normal, with restrictions. Gyms are back on the table, (gyms have now rolled back to being closed for all group classes and more restrictions for in-person trainer sessions and open gyms have been put into place) malls are back to fully open, movie theaters are open, and restaurants for groups of 5 are a go. All masked and with social distancing, normal body temperature and green status on your tracker app.

I, on the other hand am now stuck in government-mandated home quarantine till mid-ish challenge due to my gym network networking itself into being a new case cluster. Whoo. So I’m back to #quarantinelife but not #quarantinedontcare life.

Nutrition

Goals here: smaller portions, less meat, more veggies, nutrient dense food options, no GI issues

Base MFP Goals for slow weight loss: 1,260 calories, 20% protein, 50% carbs, 30% fat Week 1 Averages: No data available Week 2 Averages: 1093 calories, 55g protein (18%), 142g carbs (47%), 44g fat (34%) Week 3 Averages: 1035 calories, 40g protein (17%), 95g carbs (40%), 45g fat (43%) Week 4 Averages: 957 calories, 51g protein (19%), 120g carbs (45%), 42g fat (36%) Week 5 Averages: 1211 calories, 50g protein (16%), 155g carbs (51%), 44g fat (33%)

Breakfast:  Beet berry smoothie on Saturday, gas station protein bar & Coke Zero on Sunday 

Lunch:  Delivery shawarma on Saturday - skipped the fries & eat-in chicken/avocado/rocket tortilla sandwich with fries Sunday

Dinner:  Leftover rice + the last of the turkey bacon + a zucchini + butter Saturday / Sunday was grocery store cooked salmon sushi 

Snacks:  None Saturday; Sunday was “Oriental Mix” 

Did I eat like an asshole? Not terribly. Was genuinely hungry for and enjoying Sunday’s fries. Knew if i didn’t have a snack, I’d be up at 3:30 am hungry. 

Did anything try to kill me? Not especially. 

Did I eat a vegetable? How much? Well ..... Saturday I had zucchini, Sunday there was a trace amount of arugula in my sandwich 

Did I drink enough water? Possibly 

Support and Connection

Goal here: Support my Herd, and keeping touch with friends online for now; hopefully going back to taking a morning out of the house alone + 1 dinner a month out with friends later

Did I support my Herd? Yep! 

Did I interact with “IRL” humans? Yep! Saturday I chatted with a Nerd Friend over text and Sunday I had a quarter of a conversation with shopkeepers 

Feed My Sense Of Well-being

Goal here: Main craft project, Side project, do a damn Skillshare class

What did I learn today? No set learning for the weekend 

What was my project today? Worked on embroidery a bit both days 

Activity

Goals here: 3-4x a week classes, either through Zoom while in quarantine or combined with walks to and from the gym if I feel like that’s a wise choice post-quarantine

This week’s projected schedule: Monday Warrior Flow (Zoom), Optional Tuesday Handstand Practice (Zoom), Wednesday Monk Foundations (Zoom), Optional Thursday Yoga Shred (Zoom), Friday Warrior Monk (Zoom), Saturday/Sunday off

Did I accomplish my fitness goal for the day? No classes scheduled or completed during the weekend 

Took Princess for her shots on Saturday - had conversations there, too, which I forgot about in the above reckoning. Sunday was mall day and we ended up actually shopping a bit so we were there for a good 4 hours. Lots of walking was done. Not a lot of highly extraneous stuff was purchased - and I now feel a lot less anxious about my phone, since it now has a cover and ring thing. I love the look and feel of no case - but man that’s anxiety inducing for me. 

D34B8BED-D7CB-4008-BB9B-6A8869494E03.jpeg

75DB4ADC-7B89-4A8A-8107-8FD420F3BFB2.jpeg

• Like 1

Challenge wrap up:

I feel like I did pretty well this cycle. Food was decent overall - and like hypothesized, the second I even start reporting macros I cleaned my ish way up. 

Yoga was consistent, despite injury and monkey wrenches. 

Crafts were completed. 

Quasi-structured learning was had. 

Strengthened existing social networks and have tried branching out to new ones. 

New Challenge coming soon! 

• Like 1