Harriet’s Year of Metal Track 7: Quenching my Thirst from the Deepest of Wells

Harriet

3 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Fun fact: predator animals usually eat the liver and other organs of their kills first often leaving much of muscle tissue "meat" behind that scavenger animals usually get stuck with after the alpha animal is done. 

Maybe you are just a apex predator she wolf badass. 

Must be :D 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e473aixqboegrdr7yeapt

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1
3 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

You have exercise support cats too!

If by support you mean follow me around and get in the way, then I have universal support cats: they provide reading supporting, gaming support, bathroom support, nap support, etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Today I did meal planning, grocery shopping, unpacking boxes, and some proper cleaning. I think I'm making salmon for dinner, possibly with a lemon butter sauce, spiced sweet potato wedges and herby sour cream. Yesterday's mushroom ragout with poached egg definitely did not turn out as expected. It wasn't horrible, just a lot of work for something I could do more easily in a different way. 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Harriet said:

If by support you mean follow me around and get in the way, then I have universal support cats: they provide reading supporting, gaming support, bathroom support, nap support, etc.

So, basically... normal cats.

• Like 1

I got some housework stuff done. I read and wrote notes on the book I'm reviewing. 80 pages down, 720 to go. I did a little more work setting up the 'about' pages for the blog. I went for a walk and started watching my first art lecture.

Oh, and the friend who had our cats for two years... taught them to high-five for snacks. Got in some reps this evening. Little hungry cat earned twice as many snacks, because big slow cat is, well... let's just say it doesn't matter how intelligent she is because we love her. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Oh, and the friend who had our cats for two years... taught them to high-five for snacks. Got in some reps this evening. Little hungry cat earned twice as many snacks, because big slow cat is, well... let's just say it doesn't matter how intelligent she is because we love her. 

That is an awesome trick. I wonder if my cats can be convinced to learn this...? I'm pretty sure at least one of them would love to show up how smart she is...

• Like 1

I miss my cat. He got killed (not sure how, didn't come home one night, and hubby went out looking and found him). Hubby is allergic to cats (I already had him when we got together), so needless to say, he's not too keen on me getting another one. It was March 2017. I've owned at least 1 cat since I was 14, so this is the longest I've ever gone without one. 😥 

But I remember the days of going to workout and underneath wherever I am about to lift or do cardio is precisely were he or she decided was THE place to be. And, one in particular, would run to and stretch out on my yoga mat the minute I unrolled it. I literally considered having to get another one just so I could do yoga. 😂

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Magdalena Ravenclaw said:

I miss my cat. He got killed (not sure how, didn't come home one night, and hubby went out looking and found him). Hubby is allergic to cats (I already had him when we got together), so needless to say, he's not too keen on me getting another one. It was March 2017. I've owned at least 1 cat since I was 14, so this is the longest I've ever gone without one. 😥 

But I remember the days of going to workout and underneath wherever I am about to lift or do cardio is precisely were he or she decided was THE place to be. And, one in particular, would run to and stretch out on my yoga mat the minute I unrolled it. I literally considered having to get another one just so I could do yoga. 😂

Sorry about your cat, and also that you can't get another one. Yes, a place where exercise is about to occur is suddenly infinitely more tempting than a mere empty space on the floor. 

Ah, today I was going to get so much done!

But then this morning I suddenly felt weak, shaky and sweaty, and after eating a lot of stuff to try and fix it I was very tired for the rest of the day. I didn't get much done, only a little reading and writing--only a third of what I hoped to review--and I still feel quite groggy. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Magdalena Ravenclaw said:

And, one in particular, would run to and stretch out on my yoga mat the minute I unrolled it. I literally considered having to get another one just so I could do yoga. 😂

This is an issue with dogs as well. She looooooves my yoga mat... Husband has a theory it has to do with the fact the yoga mat has a lot of me on it, from sweating while exercising on the mat. Since the dog also loves snuggling up with my gym bag, this makes sense to me.

And I have noticed that if I put down an workout towel, the dog is happy to nap with it, while I do yoga on the dog-free mat ;) 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Harriet said:

But then this morning I suddenly felt weak, shaky and sweaty, and after eating a lot of stuff to try and fix it I was very tired for the rest of the day. I didn't get much done, only a little reading and writing--only a third of what I hoped to review--and I still feel quite groggy. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

OOf, sorry. Hope you're feeling more solid tomorrow. 

eB4fSDa.gif

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1
12 hours ago, Harriet said:

You get low blood sugar? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, h3r0 said:

You get low blood sugar? 

I don't know... I only know what happened yesterday. 

8 hours ago, raptron said:

OOf, sorry. Hope you're feeling more solid tomorrow. 

eB4fSDa.gif

This is very beautiful, thank you.

5 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Lava hentai.

I looked this up and now the internet thinks I'm a pervert. Or perversion-curious, anyway.

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Rookie mistake. You always search for that stuff in an incognito window.

What's an incognito window? 

1 hour ago, Scaly Freak said:

And never, ever, on your phone!

Why is the phone worse than the computer?

I'm actually trying to learn a bit about internet security, and I got a VPN and all. But I'm soooo not into tech so I was uncertain if I was doing it right. I downloaded the programme and then wasn't sure if I was supposed to browse through the programme or something. I was like "am I using it right now? is this it?". Anyway, I figured out you run it and then open a normal browser. But yeah. 

I was hoping yesterday was just an energy crash from not eating enough breakfast. But today I am super, super tired and spent some hours sleeping despite sleeping well last night. I did no sport, no art, and only a little reading. So. Heavy. 

And I'm just not motivated by dumbbells at home. I hope I haven't lost my warrior spark. Maybe I just need to go back to the gym and get a barbell in my hands. Somehow barbells always felt more exciting and momentous, and I felt like I was making progress with them. No doubt leaving the house and getting dressed and everything is inconvenient, but how convenient is working out at home if I don't love it enough to actually do it?

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Why is the phone worse than the computer?

It collects more info about you, and is not quite as forthcoming about how it uses said info. It's also harder to limit the information gathering on your phone, though if it is an Android you can do an Incognito tab there as well. And at least in the USA, phone companies are notoriously data collection happy, and share everything with almost anyone who pays them.

An Incognito window is a Chrome window that does not save or track your browsing history, nor does it read it from your non-incognito browser. In Firefox it is called Private Browsing, and in Edge it's called an InPrivate Window. The thing with an Incognito tab is that although prevents your phone auto-playing an embarrassing ad based on something you searched on your computer, it's not actually private. Your internet provider, or phone company, has just as much access there as they do in your regular browser. So does an employer for that matter.

Bottom line, if you want complete privacy or anonymity, stay off the internet. (Or hide behind a good VPN.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1