Week 4: 0/6 (3000 steps)

Week 5: 0/6 (3500 steps)

Get Dancing

Week 1: 0/2

Week 2: 0/2

Week 3: 0/2

Week 4: 0/2

Week 5: 0/2

I meant to do this yesterday, but yesterday was SUPER busy. Mr. Right was playing bass for church, which means I get up at 4:30am so I can be ready for the day in time to get to church. While they were doing a last practice, I went and grabbed us breakfast from Biscuitville, but I chose to honor the hunger I had and not get a ton of food just for the sake of it. I went to the 8am service (we also have a 9:45 and 11:30) and then went and got groceries. I took the groceries home, grabbed some lunch, then went back to get Mr. Right from church. Since I didn't want to sit at home yesterday, I drove him to work and then went to a city that's an hour or so away to visit an Ulta, where I preemptively spent a little bit of my extra income that's coming this month. It was a pretty great day actually!

As far as goals: my dancing goal went pear shaped again last week. BUT. I'm signed up for two evening classes at my dance studio this week. I have one today and one on Friday. It's super exciting and I've missed it!

Cooking I did twice last week. With our friend visiting, we ate a alot extra but I'm not super worried about the whole thing. I have enough taco stuff to last until tonight. Tomorrow I'm making a recipe where I cook chicken, rice, and broccoli and then I marry the three with cheddar cheese. I might be extra and try to make an actual cheese sauce instead of just smothering it in cheese, and I may also throw bacon in it. The original recipe is good, it just doesn't stick to me the way I'd like. Later this week I'm making Southwest Chicken Alfredo

I'm starting to improve on the steps. I decided to just do 2000 steps a day for the whole challenge, so that I can build up the habits needed to move more. I'll start increasing later, but 2000 seems like a good place to start. I can already tell I'll have three or four days of 2k+ steps this week at least (2 dance classes and my Thursday night church group plus yesterday). So I really need to focus on tomorrow, wednesday, and Friday. I have a day of wiggle room, but it'd be nice to get it all 7 days if I could.

Well it's time to get some work done, I need to get some things done before I have to take Mr. Right to work before my class tonight. Hope everyone has at least a tolerable Monday!

• Like 1

I missed my steps yesterday by literally like 80 and didn't realize it until this morning, I'm so salty about it xD

Anyway, dinner last night was BOMB. Gonna channel my inner @Tanktimus the Encourager and make everyone hungry describing it. I started by cooking a pack of bacon in my cast iron skillet. While that cooked, I rinsed 2 cups of rice and started it in my rice cooker. Then I trimmed some of the more visible fat off of a couple pounds of chicken thighs, and cut them into chunks. I seasoned them with some kosher salt, pepper, a little bit of parsley, poultry seasoning, and a crap ton of Seasoning Salt. I chopped up an onion and threw it in the bacon grease with some pre minced garlic. While the onion was cooking, I chopped up like 4 heads of fresh broccoli, put them in a microwave safe bowl with a couple TBSP of water and put a plate on top as a lid before sticking it in the microwave for 3 mins to start steaming. (I left it in the microwave until everything else was done). When the onion was like 1/2 done, I dumped the chunks of chicken thighs in the skillet. While those began to cook, I dumped like 6 tbsp of butter in the bottom of a large pot. Once that melted, I threw flour in there until it made a paste. Cooked that until it smelled nutty, then stirred in probably 2C of milk. Once this started to thicken slightly, I threw in about 3C of cheddar cheese and melted it. I cut it with more milk until it was more of a sauce than a chunk of melted cheese. Once the sauce was done, I added the rice, broccoli, chicken and onion mixture, and the bacon that I shredded. I added an additional cup or so of cheese and more Seasoning salt because it needed a little something. It made a TON of food and I'm so pleased that I'll be eating it for the next couple of days. Mr. Right was pleased too, because bacon and more cheese than usual.

I also just realized that I never shared my new friend here! Enjoy my sweet Hazard Spaghetti

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That does sound amazing, well done on that meal. That's also a cute snek, and I am very afraid of snakes.

Thanks! I was proud of it.

And she is very cute :) I didn't think I had any particular strong feelings about snakes but I got to hold my friend's and fell completely in love with them. Now Mr. Right and I each have one!

• Like 1

Happy Friday everyone!

It's a good day today. The trees are turning, it's in the 60s, and I'm just... really happy for the first time in a hot minute. 

I do get to try a different class for the first time at my dance studio and I'm S T O K E D ^_^ I drove Mr. Right to work so I could go tonight. I actually made it to two classes this week! 

Tomorrow Mr. Right and I are going to get pumpkins to carve for our Discord clan's pumpkin carving contest. Any ideas of what I should carve??? 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 6:58 PM, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Get Cooking

Week 1: 1/1

Week 2: 2/2

Week 3: 1/3

Week 4: 0/3

Week 5: 0/3

Get Moving

Week 1: 3/6 (2000 steps)

Week 2: 4/6 (2000 steps)

Week 3: 5/6 (2000 steps)

Week 4: 1/6 (2000 steps)

Week 5: 0/6 (2000 steps)

Get Dancing

Week 1: 0/2

Week 2: 0/2

Week 3: 2/2

Week 4: 0/2

Week 5: 0/2

So last week was decent. Not ideal but decent. 

I got all of my classes in, and my movement was a LOT better overall. I'm still finding ways to improve my step count overall so I can get myself moving more in general because it's good for my soul.

Last week was awful for cooking, but what I did make lasted forever. We did date night on Saturday and I didn't get groceries until yesterday. Cooking italian sausages tonight which will last a day or so, then I'll be doing a southwest alfredo later in the week (and probably freezing some because we're going out of town). 

I only get one dance class this week because we're going out of town for a wedding, but I'm not worried about that. I'm excited to see family this weekend too. 

The past few days I've been trying to dive back into Intuitive Eating (again...) though yesterday was a major nope because I was exhausted and didn't have the emotional energy to focus on much of anything. Back to practicing again today, and making a point to trust my body to do what it needs to do! 

• Like 2

Hey guys, it's been a wonky few days for sure. I had a meeting and a nasty headache yesterday, and I don't plan well food wise for trips >.< 

I didn't run out of meal stuff until Tuesday, and today we were supposed to be fed at life group. Tomorrow we leave to go to a wedding. So last night we grabbed dinner out with the thought that it would be the only time. Unfortunately, our life group got canceled tonight so we're back out for dinner again, probably fast food 😕 But it is what it is.

Today is an easy work day as I try to wrap up a few things before we go out of town, which is nice. My anxiety was in overdrive last night so I didn't sleep well or much. Just a lot of random stuff all hitting me. Things should clear up tonight, though I have to drive for 6 hours tomorrow which I'm not looking forward to >_> But it'll be okay. 

I'll be AWOL while we're out at that wedding, and I'm really excited to see family!

• Like 2

I, like everyone else here, am DONE with this challenge. It's been a rough one. Lots of stumbles, lots of tripping over my own feet. But I'm getting there and I'm so ready for the next opportunity to blow my own goals out of the water!

This weekend was so much fun! On Friday, we drove for like 5 hours, and then when we got to the AirBnB, my cousin showed up with her half brother (not related to me) and they went with me, Mr. Right, my two sibs, my parents, and my sister's boyfriend to Dave and Busters. I'd never been before and it was amazingly fun! I wish we had one nearby. 

Saturday my dad and I made sliders with my mom's recipe and those were also amazing, and my mom and sister and I had coffee with afore mentioned cousin and my aunt (not this cousin's mom, my mom's sister, brother in law, and brother all live down there with both of brother in law's daughters and one of sister's daughters, we had coffee with the one of my cousins who isn't living down there and her mother). My cousin's wedding was absolutely beautiful, and her reception was a H E C K of a party. I enjoyed food, beer, and champagne happily without worrying about myself. I danced like no one was watching. It was such a soothing and enjoyable time.

Yesterday was long but fun. We got groceries and drove home and also we bought a NEW TV because ours was like a 15in screen or something that was so far away that I literally couldn't see it very well. It was also from 2011 or 2012. We now have a 55" TV that I used to play video games on for hours last night. It was incredible. Tonight I'm going to watch Avatar (James Cameron) because I can only imagine how amazing a movie like that would look on the big screen. I want to watch my extended edition, but I suspect that I'm going to get the best quality watching on Disney+ so I may do that instead. I haven't decided. 

This week I'll probably only get one dance class in because I won't get to sign up until today. And also my husband's work schedule. However, I think we're going to be fixing his car soon so I can do classes (and other things) at will. Finger's crossed.

Oven repair guy is ordering my oven part, and we should be getting it installed in the next couple of weeks. Thank goodness!

• Like 1

Okay I forgot to mention yesterday that I can't track steps right now. I had some kind of rash under my fitness tracker, which was either contact dermatitis (from sweating under the watch and not cleaning things up after) or ringworm (which is easy to remove with lidocane, as I did). I suspect the first, but better safe than sorry. I'll be wiping it down with a clorox wipe before wearing it again. But I've been waiting until my wrist heals up to try again so I don't make things worse.

Yesterday was good, I got quite a bit of work done and then managed to unpack some boxes of movies and such, making my house look more homey ❤️ 

Today I was in meetings from 10am straight through until 2, so I just got back from a food break. I'll be finishing up a document that I need my mouse to edit, then I'll be moving into the living room to use my TV for music while I finish everything else up. 

• Like 2

The past day or so has been really rough.

Every pair of contacts I've tried gets blurry and dry very quickly, so I can't see well and get immediate headaches. Even dailies aren't doing a whole lot. The last set I had to try lasted about 4 hours before they got blurry, and these new ones lasted like an hour. So much for being better >_> And the dailies that sort of work cost me $550 for a year's supply AFTER vision insurance.

Today is going to be a little rough vision wise, I can already tell. 

I'd switch to glasses, but my current glasses are in bad shape. The coating on the lenses is coming off, and it's really getting to the point where it's making it hard to see. So basically I get headaches and impaired vision, headaches and impaired vision, or no vision whatsoever. 

I need new glasses but I can't get any until I measure my PD, which I can't do by myself, particularly with my vision being iffy. 

On the up side, my oven seems to be finally fixed so I'll be going oven-nuts for a while. I think I'm going to make my pumpkin spice loving husband a pumpkin pecan cobbler

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 1:24 PM, Elastigirl said:

Bleck. Hope your vision gets better and you figure out the contacts problem.

Thanks. I know part of it is because I am on screens anywhere from 8-10 hours a day.... and have been for at least the last 4-5 years, possibly more. Between work and (formerly) school, and then add some entertainment on top of that? I'm on my computer a lot. My eyes have started getting really dry. 

Given that it's the last day of the challenge, I've already started thinking about next challenge 😅😅 (in true Ranger fashion)

So I think I'll try a different format this time. I'm going to give myself three points goals, (lvl 1, 2, and 3) and each level has a prize. And then when I do one of a certain list of prescribed things that will help improve my health over time, I'll get a point. Some examples are:

• Cooking a meal
  • Eating mindfully
  • Attending a dance class
  • Getting 2k+ steps in a day

It's a slightly freer method and gives me the chance to also have "good, better, best" achievements. Plus it isn't a death knell to the challenge to miss something. The total pass/fail route doesn't work for me. I have a lot of issues with perfectionism and fear of failure, and I need to disassociate the idea of healthy living with failure. I want to take care of myself, but I usually feel like when I 'fail' (aka don't do something I'm trying to do) I'm just done and there's no point anymore. Which isn't a good mindset. 

So the Good level would be - 1 mindful meal/snack per day, 1 workout each week, 1 meal cooked each week, and 2 days of getting 2k steps in a week. 

And from there, we grow. Best still isn't perfect, but it's a great place for me to be in habit and practice wise. 

• Like 2

Oh, I like that goal idea.

For computer,  some things I've things I've heard to do are : set the timer and look away into the distance every 30 minutes or so, try and remind your self to blink, for some reason we blink less when we are starting at screens. and going on walks helps your eyes too! When you go on your walk, try and see what the furthest object you can see in the distance is. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 3:13 PM, Elastigirl said:

Oh, I like that goal idea.

For computer,  some things I've things I've heard to do are : set the timer and look away into the distance every 30 minutes or so, try and remind your self to blink, for some reason we blink less when we are starting at screens. and going on walks helps your eyes too! When you go on your walk, try and see what the furthest object you can see in the distance is. 

Thanks :) I've been trying to think of how to do it and that's the best way I can think of to give me freedom to have off days while not feeling like an off day will make me fail the whole challenge. 

I've tried implementing some of that and it helps a bit. I need to start going for walks either way, because I need to get outside more. I'm somewhat grateful for the frustrating restrictions I'm being placed under at work all of a sudden because I can walk in the afternoons if I want to

• Like 2