Lateral Planet: Way of the Wombat

Lateral Planet

4 minutes ago, chibi-nerd said:

That's the weekend I had planned....so what is that pile of washing doing on the floor?

Once or twice I've started picking up the floor pile only to discover a huntsman spider had made himself at home underneath. You'd think that would teach me a lesson, yet the battle of laundry is ongoing! But for now things are under control.

PS I'm loving all these snowy wombats! I think they must be from Cradle Mountain in Tassie, we saw loads of wombats up there :D

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Tateman said:

Nice productive weekend. I'm by no means a dance workout expect, but I'm sure it got you up and moving. Probably quite a decent workout. I would probably die like 20 seconds in haha

Oh I'm terrible at it! I can do arm movements or leg movements, but not both at the same time. And we spend more time resting between songs than actually doing the dances, but it's a fun way to get off the couch :)

My thighs were very sore after the dancing but I managed to do some yoga on Monday, yay! Also I've actually written down what I ate so I'm already improving on last week.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Lateral Planet said:

My thighs were very sore after the dancing but I managed to do some yoga on Monday, yay! Also I've actually written down what I ate so I'm already improving on last week.

Nice job! :) 

• Like 1

Guys! I went for a run! I've been thinking about it for a while now (yesterday's sudden thunderstorm forced yet another postponement) and lo, today the Nerd Fitness app is starting a six-week running program culminating in a 5K at the end of October. So I guess the universe is giving me a necessary kick in the butt to get started. Amazingly, I even remembered to wear my NF shirt (this isn't a sponsored ad, but it really is lovely and soft). Even more amazingly, I actually completed all the running stints, adding up to seven whole minutes! Phew, time for a shower.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 4
On 9/16/2020 at 4:52 PM, Lateral Planet said:

We put an offer on a house (first time ever) and half an hour later the agent rang and said they want $20,000 more. 

What?! That is crazy lol I guess they were anticipating a bidding war and were butthurt when that didn't happen lol? I don't even know why they would call back to ask more than they offered the house for. 

On 9/17/2020 at 7:01 PM, Lateral Planet said:

Man, imposter syndrome is a real bitch. 

100%. I have small moments of "oh I guess I do know what I am doing" and a lot more "gosh I am not as good as ___________,  I hope no one notices..." 

Congrats on the run!!!!! That is amazing. Keep going

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

20 minutes ago, Rookie said:

What?! That is crazy lol I guess they were anticipating a bidding war and were butthurt when that didn't happen lol? I don't even know why they would call back to ask more than they offered the house for. 

Total bogus. It's been a week since then and there are no competing offers but they still want an extra $10,000 out of us. At this point we're calling their bluff and walking away. I love the house but I don't need the drama!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

Total bogus. It's been a week since then and there are no competing offers but they still want an extra $10,000 out of us. At this point we're calling their bluff and walking away. I love the house but I don't need the drama!

No kidding. I mean if this is how they are acting before you are even locked into a contract with them... pffft walk away lol. If they wanted 10-20k more than they should of listed it as such originally. 

• Like 3

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

11 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

Guys! I went for a run! I've been thinking about it for a while now (yesterday's sudden thunderstorm forced yet another postponement) and lo, today the Nerd Fitness app is starting a six-week running program culminating in a 5K at the end of October. So I guess the universe is giving me a necessary kick in the butt to get started. Amazingly, I even remembered to wear my NF shirt (this isn't a sponsored ad, but it really is lovely and soft). Even more amazingly, I actually completed all the running stints, adding up to seven whole minutes! Phew, time for a shower.

That is awesome :) I saw that starting up, but I can't get running yet.  It sounds like it will be fun. I am curious to see how their 5k goes.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Rookie said:

No kidding. I mean if this is how they are acting before you are even locked into a contract with them... pffft walk away lol. If they wanted 10-20k more than they should of listed it as such originally. 

My thoughts exactly! And since neither of us are in a hurry to buy or sell we could've been stuck in that standoff for weeks. Better to let it go and keep looking elsewhere. Hopefully the next house has a nicer seller (and a nicer kitchen!)

1 hour ago, Tateman said:

That is awesome :) I saw that starting up, but I can't get running yet.  It sounds like it will be fun. I am curious to see how their 5k goes.

I'm honestly shocked I was able to run (slow jog) as much as I did. But now that it's morning I'm expecting my legs to be quite stiff!

• Like 2

Congrats on the run! 

9 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

I'm glad you guys are walking away because that's bull. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, chibi-nerd said:

A similar thing happened to us. They advertised at $X00,000 and then said "Oh no, when we said $X00k, we actually meant $X00k+ $20k" so we said no, because we thought we couldn't afford that. Actually it would have made very little difference in the long run, but I think we bought a more suitable house 2 doors closer to the township. :)

tenor-3.gif.04750b2cc9cdde5e82f805f61d04bbab.gif

• Haha 1

It's been a hectic couple of days! I did some yoga on Wednesday, but will have to wait for the weekend for any more running because I didn't finish work til after dark today and there will be more storms on Friday. Been doing mostly well with food, except we had McDonald's for dinner tonight. I broke my two-week streak of drinking only water, but I wasn't about to turn down a chocolate frappe. Back to water tomorrow!

• Like 5

It's a lovely rainy Friday morning, as suspected, so no running for me. I'll try to get in some yoga before getting cosy on the couch. The other challenge today is a morning tea at work. It's two weeks since my wisdom tooth was removed and it hasn't quite healed over yet so I'm still avoiding foods that could get stuck there, which unfortunately includes the delicious brownies I made. Hopefully someone else brought something I can indulge in, otherwise I'm going to have to be sneaky about not eating, because I really don't want to discuss my dental health with all my coworkers.

• Like 3

It was a weekend of low energy, I think I let myself get dehydrated so I was feeling pretty icky for most of Sunday, but getting better now. As a result I cancelled a few plans I had and unfortunately exercise was the first casualty. But I still managed more exercise last week than the week before it so I'm calling it a win. 

What I did manage to do was a clothes shopping mission. I decided it was time for a new black suit jacket. I bought the last one about five or six years ago when I was probably 10kg lighter, and while it still fits well enough for me to get away with it it's just not that comfortable. And I'm not losing another 10kg in a hurry so it was time to bite the bullet and shell out for a new one in my current size. I also got a new dress (it's so cute, it has bees on it!) to try boost my confidence for today, my first day as a mentor.

This morning the scale read 79.9kg! First time under 80 in a few months, and I'm determined to stay there. This week I'm going to put a focus on drinking more water. I've been drinking water almost exclusively for the last two weeks or so, but clearly not enough of it.

• Like 4

Double whammy of exercise to kick off the week. I'm way behind on 5K training so I'll see if I can catch up a bit this week. I was a bit asthmatic for the last few jogging stints because the air was cooling down, but I managed to finish it all. Then I did some yoga for cool down stretches when I got home. Hopefully doubling up like that will make me less stiff tomorrow and not more!

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

It was a weekend of low energy, I think I let myself get dehydrated so I was feeling pretty icky for most of Sunday, but getting better now. As a result I cancelled a few plans I had and unfortunately exercise was the first casualty. But I still managed more exercise last week than the week before it so I'm calling it a win. 

What I did manage to do was a clothes shopping mission. I decided it was time for a new black suit jacket. I bought the last one about five or six years ago when I was probably 10kg lighter, and while it still fits well enough for me to get away with it it's just not that comfortable. And I'm not losing another 10kg in a hurry so it was time to bite the bullet and shell out for a new one in my current size. I also got a new dress (it's so cute, it has bees on it!) to try boost my confidence for today, my first day as a mentor.

This morning the scale read 79.9kg! First time under 80 in a few months, and I'm determined to stay there. This week I'm going to put a focus on drinking more water. I've been drinking water almost exclusively for the last two weeks or so, but clearly not enough of it.

7 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

Double whammy of exercise to kick off the week. I'm way behind on 5K training so I'll see if I can catch up a bit this week. I was a bit asthmatic for the last few jogging stints because the air was cooling down, but I managed to finish it all. Then I did some yoga for cool down stretches when I got home. Hopefully doubling up like that will make me less stiff tomorrow and not more!

Good for you! All good stuff

• Like 1
On 9/29/2020 at 6:20 AM, Tateman said:

Hopefully, the cooler air doesn't cause you too much more trouble. Nice work getting out there!

The days are warming up, but it was getting quite late in the afternoon when I went for my run on Monday so it was cooling down again. But it's nearly daylight savings so I'll get more warm daylight hours to spend outside after work soon.

Tuesday was busy and I didn't make time for exercise, but I did make a few good decisions. The laundry is piling up again but instead I vacuumed the living room, which always gets dirty quicker than the rest of the house and was suddenly in desperate need. And I was almost tempted to suggest takeaway for dinner because I didn't really feel like cooking. But then I remembered I'm probably having takeaway on Friday and twice in one week isn't a healthy choice. So I whipped up a curry and now I also have leftovers for lunch for the rest of the week, so that was a double win!

• Like 3