Teros is GLORIOUS (65)

Hey! I started following but did not say so yet :) IT'S SO AWESOME TO READ ABOUT YOUR PROGRESS. AND HOW IT MAKES YOU FEEL. And the abilities you've gained (back?)

Interesting book and topics. Seriously, if I was not a member of NF, I would miss out on so much goodness. It's the gift that keeps on giving. 

• Like 1

I had my doctor's appointment yesterday and I was looking forward to it an dreading it at the same time. I'm always hard on myself with this stuff.  The last time I was at the doctor's, my blood pressure was: 162/83.

I go in and hop on the scale aaaaannnnddd....

I lost 36 pounds

And my blood pressure was: 132/80.  So 30 points for my blood pressure and 36 pounds.

Daniel Bryan GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY 

I decided that it was time to check out how some clothes fit.  I have been wearing two shirts that are almost see-through with how worn out they are.  I now fit into a nice nike workout shirt, a red realtree shirt, and I'm probably 5 pounds away from my Bullet Club t-shirt.  So fuck yeah extra wardrobe!

I also buzzed the beard and trimmed everything down and decided to try something different for October so I dyed my hair a blue-grey.  It's called 'Downtown Denim'.

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 3
On 9/8/2020 at 8:54 AM, Teros said:

My Challenge:

1- EXAM: Email Eileen AGAIN because I'm playing email-tag about how to submit my records to take this stuuuupid LCSW exam.  Also contact Breah again since she still hasn't given me a letter of recomendation yet.

2- READING: Finish my book:  Hauntings and Poltergeists: Multidisciplinary Perspectives

3- NF:  MORE.  I know goals are supposed to be S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Trackable) but I don't know yet what is doable so I'll tweak this one.

4- WRITING: Funfact, I've been writing a story.  I almost posted it this challenge because it's a horror rpg for NF (like RPG Fanatics) but I feel I need to iron out a couple plot points so I'm like 98.9% certain that as long as I write some more during this challenge, we can play a little role playing accountability game next challenge in time for Halloween.

5- GLORIOUS: Continue whole30, dumbbells, and elliptical.

Oh, from the past couple days:  I am taking the room that had my mom's consolidated stuff in it and I repacked it more efficiently and I was able to stow it away in my sister's cellar.  There's a little bit left to do so that's kind of a tentative #6 goal is to get that finished.

I figured since it was about the half-way mark for the challenge, I would do a quick recap of it so far:

1-EXAM:  So I have the information I need: I'm going to contact records to have them send the information to the ASWB.  I'll shoot an email to them this weekend.  [ON TRACK]

2-READING: JESUS.  This has been taking the bulk of my time.  It's so dense with what information is in here.  It talks about ghosts in the media, geoelectrical impulses, QEEG brain scans...literally everything that is tangentily related to polterghiests.  And I gotta say: it's awesome. You ever heard of piezoelectric crystals?  I hadn't until this point and it's time for others to know:

How Piezoelectricity Works | EAGLE | Blog

In a nutshell, piezoelectric crystals are when a crystal such as quartz, has a resting electrical charge.  When the outer walls become compressed (by say, two metal plates), the results warp of the crystal will unbalance the electrical impulse and give off energy.  This might seem crazy or far-fetched, but this is even in your everyday cigarette lighter:

How Piezoelectricity Works | EAGLE | Blog

I also have been doing some reading on the side for my horror story that I'm going to start posting next challenge (hopefully people will want to join in).  I was reading about the plague cures of Caspar Kegler with alchemy and how it was a fore-runner with medicine.  So for goal #2  [ON TRACK]

3-NF: I've tried to check on a bunch of people but it doesn't seem like it's helped much and I'm not entirely sure why.  I need to keep sticking with it, though. [Kinda? ON TRACK]  ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO REMEDY THIS?

4-WRITING: I haven't done as much writing as have been reading about said material so I can figure out wtf I'm doing (see prior goal).  However, if I can get more of this ghost-book read, then ALL of my free-time will go to writing so [BEHIND]

5-GLORIOUS:  30 points lowered on my blood pressure and 36 pounds down, plus kicking serious ass with the elliptical and upping my squat lifts is [AHEAD] so I guess goal #4 and #5 even out how I'm doing this challenge.

6-PACKING: I was able to finish moving all of the crap out of my mom's room (barring the closet with xmas stuff) into my sister's cellar.  I have converted the room into a big art room.  I have things that I would like to wrap as gifts stowed away in there so I'll do this in the very near future.  I would like to rent a rug-doctor to wash the carpets and then paint the walls before it gets cold.  Since it finally dropped under the 70s this week, I'd say I have roughly 2-3 weeks to get this room finished.  Maybe I can get it done before the next challenge ends.  We'll see.

• Like 6
9 hours ago, Teros said:

When the outer walls become compressed (by say, two metal plates), the results warp of the crystal will unbalance the electrical impulse and give off energy.

At one point my brother was doing research on this as a potential source of renewable energy (e.g. the pressure of a passing car over a pressure plate activating a streetlight, dancers in a club activating strobe lights as they dance on special floor plates, etc.)

• Like 3

:ph34r:

great job on the goals!

(also, on imgur if you go to images/click on the photo, it will give you a direct link (the one ending in .gif or .jpg) it will show up in the forums, not link it)

• Like 1
On 10/6/2020 at 2:03 AM, WhiteGhost said:

At one point my brother was doing research on this as a potential source of renewable energy (e.g. the pressure of a passing car over a pressure plate activating a streetlight, dancers in a club activating strobe lights as they dance on special floor plates, etc.)

x/ - Paranormal » Thread #20294816

Intriguing.  How did that work out?  I would think, like solar, it would be a much bigger initial investment.

On 10/11/2020 at 5:52 PM, RES said:

:ph34r:

*hug*  😃

Aight so there was a really bad storm this past weekend and a tree decided to be a stupid asshole and fall over....as trees like to do.  Problem is, it smashed into two other trees on the way down and a cluster of 3 treetops then fell on the power lines.

These tree-tops were hanging/on top of a deck, right below said power lines.  Which, National Grid stated, would be a problem because they don't want to try and fix the lines and have some spare tree-ness damage the deck.

So they refused to show up and get back power until the trees were gone.  After a few tree-cutting services refused to get back to anyone, guess who was chainsawing branches for 6+ hours on Sunday and is STILL sore as a muthafucker?

My Déjà vu, My Déjà vu transcript | Scrubs Wiki | Fandom

Me

Back. Shoulders. Arms. Feet. A hip. And I could barely make a closed fist from gripping the chainsaws for hours until this morning.  I'm just now healed up enough that *ONLY* my back/shoulder area isn't screaming at me.

Needless to say, workouts have taken a back seat. 

Meet 'Salt Bae,' the Turkish Chef Whose Signature Move Made Him an Internet  Sensation

Mmmmm delicious Masculinity Flakes.

Normally I would sprinkle some masculinity on this mess and just power through it, but then I realized, "Hey, I've done that shit for years and end up injuring myself worse, then feel like an invalid and spiral into a depression.  Maybe learn from my past mistakes?"

Ugh...fuck you, future-me, you make a lot of sense.  So I've been taking it easy and doing lighter stuff around here.  I finished my ghost-book and now I'm onto H.P. Lovecraft stories collection.  Let's see how the challenge is wrapping up:

-------

1- EXAM: Totally forgot to send the email.  HOWEVER, my teacher texted me and is cool with writing my missing letter of recommendation.  Woohoo.  I just need to send this anxiety-ridden email ASAP and I'm on track.

2- READING: BOOK DONE.  H.P. Lovecraft time.

3- NF: I think I need to just keep posting.

4- WRITING: Just wrote another piece last night so I'm on schedule.  Even moreso, now with the ghost book done, I can focus on this more.

5- GLORIOUS: Continue whole30, dumbbells, and elliptical. - Eating is on point.  The workouts took a backseat while I heal.

-------

I've noticed it's quiet around here.  Despite this, maybe this story I'm working on in the kick in the ass some people need to be on here and post more.  I'm totally 100% doing this story next challenge, in the Accountability group (I'll post links during my next challenge).

Here's how it works, for those who are new to this.  It's been a couple years since I've doing some interactive story.

I will be posting in the Accountabilities section with the story's title:  BELLMYST

The story is a time-piece taking place in the mid-late 1600s in Jolly Old England, though it's not very jolly in my story.  People will post a link to their thread and I'll edit the first post to have a list of everyone's threads to easily check out.  This is CROSS-GUILD.  You don't need to be Adventurer or anything.  Everyone follows everyone else's thread.

Weekly, I post a story blurb about what is going on.  There will also be a mini challenge for the week that is related to the story.  (For instance, the mini challenge for week #0 is to follow and comment on everyone's threads).

There are 4 Character classes that you can choose:

1-Alchemist - This is what I'm writing from the perspective of, but by all means, there can be more alchemists in the group.  Alchemists are the forerunners for chemistry, trying to turn common materials into gold and other precious metals.

2-Plague Doctor - There might be the start of a sickness in the town of Bellmyst and as such, wherever sickness is; the plague doctors surely follow.  Keep in mind this is 1600s so you aren't giving people penicillin: think more like the balancing of humors.

Humorism - Wikipedia

3-Paranormal - There are some who have another sense of the great beyond.  While an Alchemist or Plague Doctor might put their faith more into the physical world, the Paranormal class follows intuition and the will of spirits.  (However you want to do this, if you choose this option, is your call.  There are divining rods, scrying mirrors, intuition/hunches, visions, dream-states.  This one has the most leeway.  Also, if the group is stuck, I can send you a PM as a 'ghost hint' on what might be happening.)

4-Destitute - There are plenty of working-class that have better charisma than say, those 'learned folks' and the destitute is an hard worker who was roped into the unfolding drama of Bellmyst.  They might have academic smarts, but you have street smarts; and that's just as valuable.

This group can be as big or small as we want it to be.  It can be 20 people strong or a small party of 4.  All that matters is we keep people accountable.  Also, if you don't want to write any story and just want to follow along, that's totally cool too but keep in mind it's TOTALLY FINE if you aren't some stunning writer.  This is for funsies.  Believe me, I'm nothing special but I want to do something creative.  And I think with how the world is a shitshow right now, we all need a bit of escapism and motivation.

❤️

-Teros

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Teros said:

Intriguing.  How did that work out?

Very poorly.  Of all of the renewable energy sources, this one came out pretty much dead last in terms of cost/watt generated.  It would probably be more economically viable to hire people to come in and turn hand cranks. 

2 hours ago, Teros said:

There are 4 Character classes that you can choose:

I know which one I am going with :) 

• Like 2
On 10/14/2020 at 5:29 PM, Sylvaa said:

OMG I CAN'T WAIT!

😛

No backing out now.

On 10/14/2020 at 7:56 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Very poorly.  Of all of the renewable energy sources, this one came out pretty much dead last in terms of cost/watt generated.  It would probably be more economically viable to hire people to come in and turn hand cranks. 

Hrm.  I'm wondering why that is, though.  It seems like it would be more worthwhile than dead last.

On 10/14/2020 at 7:56 PM, WhiteGhost said:

I know which one I am going with :) 

Your choice if you also want to be part of the Vanderwaln Guild that I'm part of. My story is that I'm venturing to the town on their behalf, but there are multiple guilds or going rogue for your own personal reasons.

On 10/14/2020 at 9:09 PM, RES said:

Me too :) 

There is no Wittle Witchy Poo class, but I guess Paranormal can be close ;)

---

I ended up emailing the records department and guess what? I got a response and.... more hoops to jump through.

skippy62able - YouTube

This school being a pain in my fucking ass AGAIN.  This is my surprised face.

I have to fill out YET ANOTHER form and then submit that to then get them to mail the records...if there isn't some other needlessly annoying step to also do.  You would think a school that prides itself on removing barriers (social work) would....you know....not have so many fucking BARRIERS in my way.

Now that I vented that bit out...

I'm going to spend the next day or so reading and writing to prep for the story posting.  Since next week is Zero Week, I want to have it up on Sunday/Monday and then give people a week to read it and write what they want to do.  I also need a theme for the next challenge and I think I know what I want to do.  I have two posts ready to go and I'd like to stay 1 week ahead the entire time, taking what people write for their characters into consideration as I write the following week.  I feel like I have enough of a story arc that I know where I want things to go, but it's not all planned out so we can totally go off the rails a bit, depending on how people choose.

• Like 4

Oh boy, the rabbit holes that this story-writing is taking me.  I have 11 tabs open right now:

-Dante's Inferno

-Yog-Sothoth

-Paradise Lost

-Timeline of minerals

-Elaj Chelm

-Antimony

-Sulfur

-Mercury

-Arsenic

-Phosphorus

-Metal Toxicity

I think I'm stepping away from the computer for a while.  Debating on carving a pumpkin with my sis tonight.

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Teros said:

Oh boy, the rabbit holes that this story-writing is taking me.  I have 11 tabs open right now:

-Dante's Inferno

-Yog-Sothoth

-Paradise Lost

-Timeline of minerals

-Elaj Chelm

-Antimony

-Sulfur

-Mercury

-Arsenic

-Phosphorus

-Metal Toxicity

I think I'm stepping away from the computer for a while.  Debating on carving a pumpkin with my sis tonight.

Sometimes, stepping back away can help :) 

• Like 1