Oh Ravar is going to be seriously cool man - that picture is epic!

I think liver tastes great, and liver and bacon is even better (even better with mashed potato, but I suppose that defeats the point in your case). Some people have an objection to the texture of liver, but YMMV. If you want more variety in your meats, heart is amazing.

Will be interested to see how the carnivore diet goes for you. I love fruit and veg so it sounds weird to me, but if you don't try you won't know how it feels.

• Like 1
On 10/6/2020 at 10:21 AM, Elastigirl said:

Dang, that's a lot of meat! Interested to see how you feel on the carnivore diet. For liver, I puree it in the food processor , and mix it with hamburger and put it in a spicy stew. That helps with texture and flavor. 

Tbh, I'm feeling really good right now. Energy levels are great. Aches and pains really aren't there anymore. I'm feeling satiated and satisfied. And, because I usually implement some form fasting, I end up graving a hefty steak or something later in the day. When I get a chance to make some liver, I do want to puree it and mix it in with some hamburger. Making a stew out of it sounds really damn good though!

On 10/6/2020 at 11:19 AM, Jarric said:

Oh Ravar is going to be seriously cool man - that picture is epic!

I like the character so far. More so on the fact he wields a big ass sword more than anything lol.

I think liver tastes great, and liver and bacon is even better (even better with mashed potato, but I suppose that defeats the point in your case). Some people have an objection to the texture of liver, but YMMV. If you want more variety in your meats, heart is amazing.

Bacon really does make everything taste better, huh? Lol. I'm really game to try heart and other organs. I just have ZERO experience cooking these things and don't want to screw them up. In that same breath, I'm just now getting the hang of cooking steak because I've never really been a red meat eater besides hamburgers until recently. I would seriously maybe eat steak a couple times a year lol. I've had more steak the last 2 weeks then I have the last 2 years!

Will be interested to see how the carnivore diet goes for you. I love fruit and veg so it sounds weird to me, but if you don't try you won't know how it feels.

So, right now, we'll call my diet a "meat based diet". I'm still eating some fruit. I'm still eating some potatoes and rice. When January rolls around, I'm going strict carnivore just to challenge myself. I don't miss veggies as much as I thought I would tbh, but I do miss fruit lol. 

Food Log 10/06:

Breakfast- 3 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, 3 sausage patties

Lunch- 10 oz sirloin 

Dinner- 18 oz ribeye (cut up from a bone in ribeye I made at lunchtime)

I got back in the gym today after taking a week off. It honestly felt good to rest up a little and then come back today motivated and ready to kick some ass. Today was a power day that called for: 3 rounds of 30 seconds burpee box jumps (at 36inch), 5x5 hang clean and press at 75% of 1rm (105#. I probably could of gone heavier so I wouldn't say it was a true 75%) and 5x5 dead row at 75% of 1RM (115#. Also went a little light here because traditional deadlifts sort of scare me. I usually do trap bar when I deadlift). Then there was 2 rounds of 2/4/6 renegade rows right and then left and finished off with DB jump squats 2/4/6. I was using 15# DB's for that circuit.

Heather made cream of chicken casserole last night so I'm gonna gorge on that for lunch today and then probably eat some tri-tip for dinner tonight with some avocado. I may end up making a "breakfast" scramble with the steak and add some avocado on top. That honestly sounds divine right now, lol.

Wolf

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1
14 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Also went a little light here because traditional deadlifts sort of scare me. I usually do trap bar when I deadlift

As long as your form's good you won't hurt yourself on deadlifts man, so try not to worry about them. Take them seriously, but don't let them scare you.

• Like 1

Wolf going full carnivore? LOL Nice. 

Hey Wolf, how's it going? Been a while. I'm back for now and trying to catch up on things. Hopefully I can stick around a little longer this time. Hehe. 

Hope you are doing well. I haven't heard of someone going full carnivore diet before. Let us know how it works out for you! 

• Like 1

Funny story: Since I teased you about all the meat you were eating; We went to Costco the other night. The cashier was ringing up our food and says, "Wow, that's a lot of meat!" This is not the first time we've had a cashier comment on the amount of meat we buy. So apparently, even not being carnivores the Incredibles go through a ton of meat.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
On 10/8/2020 at 2:41 AM, Jarric said:

As long as your form's good you won't hurt yourself on deadlifts man, so try not to worry about them. Take them seriously, but don't let them scare you.

I believe you there. I really do try and focus on my form more than anything so I'll take your advice and take traditional deadlifts seriously and not let them scare me.

On 10/8/2020 at 4:22 AM, fearless 2.0 said:

am interested how you do on longterm carnivore, its not that different from my keto meals.. also congrats on your workouts.. I cant even...!!!!!!! :)

Me too, honestly. I like low carb and how I feel on low carb. My problem in the past was not eating enough when I went low carb, so, I'm making sure to get in a LOT of food this time around. I'm honestly eating until I'm stuffed, lol. 

On 10/8/2020 at 11:46 AM, RhiaWolfe said:

Wolf going full carnivore? LOL Nice. 

Hey Wolf, how's it going? Been a while. I'm back for now and trying to catch up on things. Hopefully I can stick around a little longer this time. Hehe. 

Hope you are doing well. I haven't heard of someone going full carnivore diet before. Let us know how it works out for you! 

Rhia!! It's so good to see you here again :D:D If you need some accountability sticking around longer this time around then please don't hesitate to let me know. This challenge has been a lot about old friends coming back to the forums and kicking ass so I expect nothing less from you too ;) 

I'm doing really good tbh. Feeling good health wise. Working out consistently. And yes, working towards FULL on carnivore. It's honestly been a relatively easy transition if I'm being completely honest. The only thing I truly miss is fruit. Every now and again I'll eat an apple or banana (or avocado since it's a fruit too lol). So, with the rest of this month and next month it's about getting used to not having those kinds of things and see how things go. To me, this is all a process. I feel good eating this way already so there's no telling what happens when I 100% it?! 

On 10/8/2020 at 1:20 PM, Elastigirl said:

Funny story: Since I teased you about all the meat you were eating; We went to Costco the other night. The cashier was ringing up our food and says, "Wow, that's a lot of meat!" This is not the first time we've had a cashier comment on the amount of meat we buy. So apparently, even not being carnivores the Incredibles go through a ton of meat.

Lol! Costco meat is amazing. Bulk options at a good price? Yeah, sign me up. When I go back in the meat department now I find myself salivating a little lol. What did y'all end up getting this go round? Any ribeye's? I bought a three pack over the weekend and gonna make them over the next 2 days. I'm gonna try cooking them in the air fryer because I find a good recipe for that yesterday.

I just ordered 2 carnivore books:

The Carnivore Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Optimal Health by Returning to  Our Ancestral Diet - Kindle edition by Saladino MD, Paul . Health, Fitness  & Dieting Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

and 

The Carnivore Cookbook: Emmerich, Maria, Emmerich, Craig: 9781628603941:  Amazon.com: Books

(sorry for the giant image)

They should be here in the next couple days and I'm excited to dive in...especially the cook book. The thing that's gonna keep me motivated going carnivore is different recipes and give me some variety in eating. I love a good ribeye or other cut of steak but I can't imagine only eating that, hamburgers and eggs for a good chunk of time. Speaking of eggs and hamburger meat: I've been eating a cheeseburger scramble the last two mornings and really enjoying that! I also made some chicken wings (skin on-bone in) yesterday in the air fryer. After I cooked them up, I tossed them in a pan of butter and franks red hot. SUPER delish!

I hope everyone had a solid weekend and gearing up to kick the last week of this challenge in the butt! I had the esteemed pleasure of getting to do our virtual live D&D session with @Starpuck, @Jarric, @Raxie and last but not least, our wonderful DM, @DarK_RaideR. It was a great session with lots of laughs and progression. Ark was gifted two things that session. A short sword +1 (with an additional +2 to scaly creatures) called Skinner and an amulet of protection that we haven't identified yet. Ark also got not 1 but 2 melee kills that session, both being his first ones in the campaign. It's very fitting since I had plans all along to go College of Swords once he reaches lvl3 :). Our next meet-up is in November and everyone is salivating at the chance to get to our boss fight and level up! 

And being so inspired with all the D&D stuff recently and @Rurik Harrgath finding his inner-class, I've also been doing some soul searching there, trying to find MY class. I know I mentioned a giant sword wielding warrior type, but as I got to thinking about it...that's not really me. I like the character still, but me, I'm more of a rogue scout. Someone who uses a bow. Someone who's adept at ambushing his enemies and fighting like a badass skirmisher. This character is also making his way into my next challenge as part of my "wanting to get back into writing and story telling". There's still a lot of brainstorming that needs to be done, but, I will be spending the last week of this challenge prepping for the next one ;) 

Rambo, First Blood: Part II" - The Explosive Arrow Scene GIF | Gfycat

Wolf

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Me too, honestly. I like low carb and how I feel on low carb. My problem in the past was not eating enough when I went low carb, so, I'm making sure to get in a LOT of food this time around. I'm honestly eating until I'm stuffed, lol.

I just picked up a metric TON of frozen broccoli (and chicken thighs) to help me fill up on veggies this week.  That really seems to be the key to low carb success in my books!

And being so inspired with all the D&D stuff recently and @Rurik Harrgath finding his inner-class, I've also been doing some soul searching there, trying to find MY class. I know I mentioned a giant sword wielding warrior type, but as I got to thinking about it...that's not really me. I like the character still, but me, I'm more of a rogue scout. Someone who uses a bow. Someone who's adept at ambushing his enemies and fighting like a badass skirmisher. This character is also making his way into my next challenge as part of my "wanting to get back into writing and story telling". There's still a lot of brainstorming that needs to be done, but, I will be spending the last week of this challenge prepping for the next one 

Surprise surprise, we were thinking the same way again... as much as I'm enjoy my scoundrel right now (because I am one), my goals and mindset are much more aligned with what I've been working on.  Since my training has been very MMA Lite, that's kind of the direction I've drifted character wise too.  I'm super excited to unveil what I've been working on and jump into that next challenge cycle!

The conclusion you came to is exactly where I would have classed you too.  You definitely have that speed and agility and skirmishing mindset so I appreciate the sudden strike, ambush master you've taken to! :D

• Like 1

Rhia!! It's so good to see you here again :D:D If you need some accountability sticking around longer this time around then please don't hesitate to let me know. This challenge has been a lot about old friends coming back to the forums and kicking ass so I expect nothing less from you too ;) 

I'm doing really good tbh. Feeling good health wise. Working out consistently. And yes, working towards FULL on carnivore. It's honestly been a relatively easy transition if I'm being completely honest. The only thing I truly miss is fruit. Every now and again I'll eat an apple or banana (or avocado since it's a fruit too lol). So, with the rest of this month and next month it's about getting used to not having those kinds of things and see how things go. To me, this is all a process. I feel good eating this way already so there's no telling what happens when I 100% it?! 

I definitely might need some accountability and encouragement help. I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle. Every little thing in my life seems to take a lot of effort. Hope to kick start the end of the year with some small challenges. Small steps for big wins! 

I'm glad you're doing well! I am not sure if I could do full carnivore or not. I'm glad you're getting good results though! 

I hope everyone had a solid weekend and gearing up to kick the last week of this challenge in the butt! I had the esteemed pleasure of getting to do our virtual live D&D session with @Starpuck, @Jarric, @Raxie and last but not least, our wonderful DM, @DarK_RaideR. It was a great session with lots of laughs and progression. Ark was gifted two things that session. A short sword +1 (with an additional +2 to scaly creatures) called Skinner and an amulet of protection that we haven't identified yet. Ark also got not 1 but 2 melee kills that session, both being his first ones in the campaign. It's very fitting since I had plans all along to go College of Swords once he reaches lvl3 :). Our next meet-up is in November and everyone is salivating at the chance to get to our boss fight and level up! 

How fun! I know I've been enjoying my virtual games when we're able to have them. I'm going to be starting in a D&D campaign soon as well as DMing my World of Darkness campaign I'm in the middle of right now. Should be tons of fun! I'm having some trouble coming up with ideas though. Maybe I should post in my challenge for help with ideas. 

• Like 1
On 10/12/2020 at 11:07 AM, Wild Wolf said:

ol! Costco meat is amazing. Bulk options at a good price? Yeah, sign me up. When I go back in the meat department now I find myself salivating a little lol. What did y'all end up getting this go round? Any ribeye's? I bought a three pack over the weekend and gonna make them over the next 2 days. I'm gonna try cooking them in the air fryer because I find a good recipe for that yesterday.

No, just basics, grass fed hamburger, pork roasts, salmon and cod frozen filets, and lots of chicken.We still have some roasts from  the cow we bought, so that's our non hamburger beef. I love meat. 

• Like 1
On 10/12/2020 at 3:00 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

I just picked up a metric TON of frozen broccoli (and chicken thighs) to help me fill up on veggies this week.  That really seems to be the key to low carb success in my books!

Nothing more lean than chicken and broccoli! And, IMO, chicken thighs are the best part of the chicken. We hardly every do chicken breast in my house...just too dry. Thighs is where it's at :) 

Surprise surprise, we were thinking the same way again... as much as I'm enjoy my scoundrel right now (because I am one), my goals and mindset are much more aligned with what I've been working on.  Since my training has been very MMA Lite, that's kind of the direction I've drifted character wise too.  I'm super excited to unveil what I've been working on and jump into that next challenge cycle!

I'm super excited for the unveil as well! And inspired Rurik is a fun Rurik and I know you'll end up killing your challenge because of your motivation right now. It's very infectious!

The conclusion you came to is exactly where I would have classed you too.  You definitely have that speed and agility and skirmishing mindset so I appreciate the sudden strike, ambush master you've taken to! :D

That's good to know, lol. I was hoping for confirmation from someone on the outside looking in, so that's perfect! I actually went ahead and created the character on D&D and Beyond website last night just to solidify things some more. Right now I know 2 things: 1) his name, and 2) what he looks like.

Name: Tevior "Tev" Bindreft

Look:

Sam heughan magazinescans fanpage - Home | Facebook

(yes, that's Sam Heughan from Outlander. Queue the swooning lol)

On 10/12/2020 at 3:21 PM, RhiaWolfe said:

I definitely might need some accountability and encouragement help. I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle. Every little thing in my life seems to take a lot of effort. Hope to kick start the end of the year with some small challenges. Small steps for big wins! 

Small steps indeed. I tell my wife this all the time: "Compartmentalize and take it one task at a time. Don't overwhelm yourself with the entirety of EVERYTHING that needs to be done because you don't have to spin a thousand plates at once."

It's going be hard work to get back on track, but if it were easy, everyone would fall off the wagon more often. Just know that you have support here and that we will help you however we can!

I'm glad you're doing well! I am not sure if I could do full carnivore or not. I'm glad you're getting good results though! 

I honestly didn't think carnivore would be an option for me. I was like "nothing but meat??" and that just seemed absurd! However, I got sucked in to learning about it and seeing the awesome benefits that thousands and thousands of people have experienced was just too much to ignored. And, the last two weeks I've been about 90-95% carnivore and felt pretty damn good. I want to keep exploring the whole carnivore spectrum and tweak my own diet because if I'm feeling amazing then why change it? This journey is gonna be fun and if you ever want to know more about it, I can send you the resources I've been using.

How fun! I know I've been enjoying my virtual games when we're able to have them. I'm going to be starting in a D&D campaign soon as well as DMing my World of Darkness campaign I'm in the middle of right now. Should be tons of fun! I'm having some trouble coming up with ideas though. Maybe I should post in my challenge for help with ideas. 

Ohhhhh....World of Darkness!! I've always wanted to dabble in a Werewolf the Apocalypse campaign for obvious reasons lol. I think posting in your challenge for ideas would be solid. I don't know enough about World of Darkness to lend suggestions at the moment, but maybe there are "ready made" campaigns you could use to start? Or maybe movies that have inspired you to build your own? 

18 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

No, just basics, grass fed hamburger, pork roasts, salmon and cod frozen filets, and lots of chicken.We still have some roasts from  the cow we bought, so that's our non hamburger beef. I love meat. 

You and me both, EG lol. Sounds like a good haul. Have they started adding the garlic drumsticks at your Costco? It would be by the rotisserie chicken and pork ribs if they had. They are pretty damn good tbh!

I meant to post this yesterday but forgot to "submit" so here's an update on yesterday's eating:

*I fasted till around 11:30 which totaled around 15 1/2 hours*

Breakfast: 6 eggs and 4 sausage patties

Lunch: 3 chicken wings (bone in-skin on) and about 3 oz of leftover sirloin

Dinner: 17 oz ribeye (cooked in the air fryer)

Not gonna lie. The air fryer does WONDERS for the steak. Such a perfectly cooked piece of meat, I love it. I also looked up the macro's on a 17 oz ribeye steak and was ASTOUNDED. Depending on where you look, it's anywhere between 1200-1500 calories and 100-122g of protein. That means:

Breakfast: 60g of protein

Lunch: 50g of protein

Dinner: 120g of protein

That definitely hits my protein goal I'm shooting for. I want to gain lean muscle mass and lose BF, so getting over 200g of protein a day is perfect :). My books came in yesterday, right before I left for work. I took The Carnivore Code with me to read while on lot security and dug into the later chapters that talks about how to successfully move into a carnivore lifestyle. The first 2/3 of the book is more scientific and talks about where we went wrong with eating, how to get back on track and debunking myths about a meat only diet to round it all out. It's all been super interesting and informative. I've been sifting through the cookbook and finding some fun recipes I wanna try pretty soon.

Other than that, had a great workout this morning and continued my fast till after 12, eating 4 eggs and 4 sausage patties. Things are looking great at the moment!

Wolf

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

giphy.gif

Dangit! I meant to put your quote about thighs. "Whenever you want to make a chicken breast more moist, just use a chicken thigh instead" lmao! And right you are my friend!

Wolf

• Haha 1
  • That's Metal 1

Ohhhhh....World of Darkness!! I've always wanted to dabble in a Werewolf the Apocalypse campaign for obvious reasons lol. I think posting in your challenge for ideas would be solid. I don't know enough about World of Darkness to lend suggestions at the moment, but maybe there are "ready made" campaigns you could use to start? Or maybe movies that have inspired you to build your own? 

WoD is a solid system and easy to teach to newbies. I'm running in Vampire right now but have characters from other books like Mage and Changeling. 

I've already started the campaign. I'm making it up myself as I go along. I'm not using the lore of the books, but rather going off and doing my own thing. This is going to be a lovecraftian horror themed game. So far they haven't run into any real monsters. They're investigating murderers right now in the real world before they are transported to another realm where there will be all kinds of monsters. It's just getting them there and setting up the end game I'm having trouble with. 

There's all kinds of clues for them to investigate and this is a kind of choose your own ending type of game so there are a lot of possibilities, but it's a lot of work to put together. I have several ideas but can't quite get them into the game right. It's hard to explain. 

They recently found a cult of Yog-Sothoth and stole the Necronomicon from the cultists. They then decided to try and talk to the Necronomicon. None of this I planned... So now I'm going to have the party slowly start to go crazy since they have the book... that should be fun. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Vampire

4 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

slowly start to go crazy

I was in a Vampire campaign many years ago, where a player wanted to go Malkav, but convincingly.  So the Storyteller pre-recorded several hours of random sounds, bits of song, and occasional instructions onto a cd.  The Malkav player had to wear headphones but the Storyteller had the cd player, and would occasionally play a random track.  The player had to respond to whatever the noise in his head said to him.  It made for some very entertaining and sometimes hazardous sessions.

• Like 4

Nothing more lean than chicken and broccoli! And, IMO, chicken thighs are the best part of the chicken. We hardly every do chicken breast in my house...just too dry. Thighs is where it's at :) 

Agreed Pirates GIF - Agreed Pirates Carribean - Discover & Share GIFs

Thighs and whereabouts make for excellent dinner

Eyebrow Embroidery GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

That's good to know, lol. I was hoping for confirmation from someone on the outside looking in, so that's perfect! I actually went ahead and created the character on D&D and Beyond website last night just to solidify things some more. Right now I know 2 things: 1) his name, and 2) what he looks like.

Name: Tevior "Tev" Bindreft

Look:

Sam heughan magazinescans fanpage - Home | Facebook

(yes, that's Sam Heughan from Outlander. Queue the swooning lol)

A little less applicable for human's but heroforge now has a coloring option, you can make some great DnD characters in it, and have base coloring done. I created mine for the DnD i'm playing in to make tokens for it.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

There's all kinds of clues for them to investigate and this is a kind of choose your own ending type of game so there are a lot of possibilities, but it's a lot of work to put together. I have several ideas but can't quite get them into the game right. It's hard to explain. 

They recently found a cult of Yog-Sothoth and stole the Necronomicon from the cultists. They then decided to try and talk to the Necronomicon. None of this I planned... So now I'm going to have the party slowly start to go crazy since they have the book... that should be fun. 

That sounds like a really fun game! Don't worry too much about how it all fits together, just remember all of the clues they found and come to a conclusion retrospectively. Then pretend to your players that it worked out how you planned it all along :lol:

• Like 1
16 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Horror Animated GIF in 2020 | Evil dead movies, Book of the dead, Movie  props

gif * Army of Darkness evilsdead •

Best Army Of Darkness Evil Dead GIFs | Gfycat

LMAO! That's alllllllll I think about when I hear Necronomicon, haha. #ArmyofDarkness

14 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I was in a Vampire campaign many years ago, where a player wanted to go Malkav, but convincingly.  So the Storyteller pre-recorded several hours of random sounds, bits of song, and occasional instructions onto a cd.  The Malkav player had to wear headphones but the Storyteller had the cd player, and would occasionally play a random track.  The player had to respond to whatever the noise in his head said to him.  It made for some very entertaining and sometimes hazardous sessions.

That's actually really cool, honestly. 

6 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Agreed Pirates GIF - Agreed Pirates Carribean - Discover & Share GIFs

Thighs and whereabouts make for excellent dinner

Eyebrow Embroidery GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

LOL, of course!

6 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

A little less applicable for human's but heroforge now has a coloring option, you can make some great DnD characters in it, and have base coloring done. I created mine for the DnD i'm playing in to make tokens for it.

Very nice! I'll have to check that out.

10 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Interesting indeed! There's a Werewolf the Apocalypse game coming out sometime next year that looks pretty cool.

Today's been a good day so far. I did a 17 min stretch routine this morning:

Nsima is a BEAST! I stumbled upon him when I found Mark Bell looking for more carnivore information. He co-hosts with Mark on the Power Project and shares a lot of the same philosophies as Mark as far as eating high protein, high fat and low carb. Plus, the use of intermittent fasting. The dude has been able to maintain a 240-245 pound body with 7% bf physique for the last 2 years eating low carb (like 100-150g) and eating high protein/fat with IF. It's really insane honestly because he's super jacked. I'm gonna be incorporating his #SmoothPanther stretching routines every day and extend this as a goal for the next challenge. I know that I don't stretch enough. I know that my hamstrings, hips and probably everything else is pretty tight. I'm low key kind of excited to get more limber because it's never been one of my strengths. 

Yesterday's eating:

Breakfast: 4 eggs, 4 sausage patties

Lunch: 3 oz ribeye, 1 1/2 brats

Dinner: 13 oz ribeye, 1 brat (I had half of another one but I was full)

Feeling really good these days...but I think I might need to add some more complex carbs in my eating. I've been losing weight and I don't want to, so, until January, which is National Carnivore Month, I'm gonna be adding in some carbs like rice and potatoes to see how I feel. The goal is still HIGH protein and HIGH fat. I also know that when I have some more carbs in my diet, I tend to have a little better sleep. More to come on that. We'll call this eating protocol "Meat Forward" ;) 

Wolf

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I am so stealing this idea when we can game in person again... 

8 hours ago, Jarric said:

That sounds like a really fun game! Don't worry too much about how it all fits together, just remember all of the clues they found and come to a conclusion retrospectively. Then pretend to your players that it worked out how you planned it all along :lol:

That's kinda what I'm doing. I have a conclusion already I want them to come to... but I'm thinking that I"ll just make up stuff as I go along rather than trying to plan so much before hand. It's exhausting. I think I do better that way too. I need to have a little more planned for this next game though I think. I've led them to clues that point to this person being the descendent of Merlin. When they finally find him, they'll actually find out that it's a stage name for this magician. He's a real mage, but whether he is the true descendant of Merlin is questionable. He's going to help them try to recreate the portals that are opening and having creatures come through from other realms. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, RhiaWolfe said:

this idea

I had another idea for a Malkav.  I would call him the Luckiest Bastard Alive.  All of his scores would be dead average, and most of the time he would be totally passive, noncommittal, no opinions, totally follow the group and stand in the shadows.  But once per day he gets free total success at any one thing that he attempts.  It doesn't matter if it's strength, intellect, charm, anything.  One free win per day. Do we need to crack a safe but the thief is on fire?  LBA tries his high school gym locker combo and it works!   Does the group need to escape from a car chase?  LBA looks behind him just in time to see a decrepit old building topple into the street on the enemy's car!  The possibilities are limitless, but the challenge for the group is that the LBA has no internal motivation, and they have to convince him to do anything at all, so getting him to employ this power is fiendishly difficult.  Also, at the beginning of the campaign, no one but the storyteller and LBA's player know anything about it.  So until everyone catches on, he's basically useless.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I've led them to clues that point to this person being the descendent of Merlin.

That's really freakin cool, tbh.

19 hours ago, Cheetah said:

All of his scores would be dead average, and most of the time he would be totally passive, noncommittal, no opinions, totally follow the group and stand in the shadows.  But once per day he gets free total success at any one thing that he attempts.  It doesn't matter if it's strength, intellect, charm, anything.  One free win per day.

This sounds like a fun character! I would be pretty smitten to RP a character like this.

19 hours ago, Cheetah said:

giphy.gif

Yessir!

Limber GIFs | Tenor

Urban Dictionary: Author little_kid_lover1

Happy Friday, y'all! Got in an awesome workout this morning. Feeling motivated, disciplined and ready to take on the day/weekend! I'm sitting at 16 hours and some change of fasting and about to make myself a BIG breakfast for my post workout meal. I'm thinking at least a half dozen eggs, a few sausage patties and some leftover ribeye. Experimenting with some carbs last night, I felt good. I slept great, which is a plus. My total macros yesterday was around 207 grams of protein, around 200g of fat, 60g of carbs and around 2600+ calories give or take. It was a good eating day :). After I eat and let my food settle, I'm gonna do another #SmoothPanther stretching video. No Costco tonight or tomorrow so it's relaxation time with the fam and enjoying this absolute GORGEOUS weather outside! Wow....I will probably go on a walk later.

(Trying to look like THIS dude)

Outlander's Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe Diet and Fitness Secrets

I'm excited for the next challenge to start and getting back into some writing and other fun stuff. I'm going to take the Rurik Approach™ to writing and just do little excerpts here and there so I don't overwhelm myself with lengthier entries. The less stress, the better!

Wolf

• Like 2
On 10/15/2020 at 11:34 AM, Wild Wolf said:

I'm gonna be incorporating his #SmoothPanther stretching routines every day and extend this as a goal for the next challenge. I know that I don't stretch enough. I know that my hamstrings, hips and probably everything else is pretty tight. I'm low key kind of excited to get more limber because it's never been one of my strengths.

I've incorporated bedtime stretching every day this week (and it'll be a daily goal next challenge), but I haven't had a specific direction.

Plus I've always loved "smooth panther" because of the Conan the Barbarian = pantherine movement connection.

So this is a timely coincidence which I'll totally be exploring!  Thanks :D

1 hour ago, Wild Wolf said:

(Trying to look like THIS dude)

Outlander's Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe Diet and Fitness Secrets

Sam is #GoalsAF because he's fit, jacked, but also a total Every Man, while validating my existence as a pasty (half) Scotsman.  ;)

IMG_20200313_110556.jpg

Also, kettlebells.

Are we making this vaguely homo-erotic?  I'm okay with it if we are.

1 hour ago, Wild Wolf said:

I'm excited for the next challenge to start and getting back into some writing and other fun stuff. I'm going to take the Rurik Approach™ to writing and just do little excerpts here and there so I don't overwhelm myself with lengthier entries. The less stress, the better!

Aim for a page.  It's easier than you think, 9 times out of 10 it writes itself, and you feel really good just getting it done.  Rarely takes more than 15 minutes.

Helps even more to outline ahead of time while the inspiration and creative juices are flowing!

• Haha 1