• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

2 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

've incorporated bedtime stretching every day this week (and it'll be a daily goal next challenge), but I haven't had a specific direction.

Plus I've always loved "smooth panther" because of the Conan the Barbarian = pantherine movement connection.

So this is a timely coincidence which I'll totally be exploring!  Thanks :D

+1 for a Conan reference! Nsima Inyang is who I'm following and I'll also be incorporating his #SmoothPanther stretch routines in next challenge lmao! SAMSIES! Here's the stretch routine I did about 30 min ago:

I love how simple they are!

Sam is #GoalsAF because he's fit, jacked, but also a total Every Man, while validating my existence as a pasty (half) Scotsman.  ;)

I know I also have some Scotsman in me as well. German, Welsh Irish and Scots make up a lot of my genetic makeup. Also, Sam is a beast dude. I haven't even really watched a lot of Outlander, but I know the dude is a monster.

Are we making this vaguely homo-erotic?  I'm okay with it if we are.

I mean, I'm cool with it as long as you are. MOAR??

Sam Heughan's Shirtless Workout Photos Are So Sexy: Photo 3933140 |  Magazine, Sam Heughan, Shirtless Pictures | Just Jared

Yeah man. Sign me up to get that kind of physique.

Aim for a page.  It's easier than you think, 9 times out of 10 it writes itself, and you feel really good just getting it done.  Rarely takes more than 15 minutes.

Helps even more to outline ahead of time while the inspiration and creative juices are flowing!

'Preciate the advice, my friend. And I have no doubt that it basically writes itself with a little bit of planning and outlining. I'm gonna play around with time and page number and see which one works better. Maybe just set a 15 minute timer and see what I get because it could be more than a page if said creative juices are flowing lol.

26 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

Bert Kreischer Im In GIF by Team Coco - Find & Share on GIPHY

I knew you would be here shortly after that comment was made! You dirty bastard!! 

I loooove youuuu discovered by DearJessie on We Heart It

Wolf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

With Wolfie (or Willes) you need to ask when it is NOT vaguely homo-erotic.

This is true. This is VERRRRRRRRY true. It's a blessing and a curse to be THIS comfortable with your sexuality.

Jason Bateman Ryan Reynolds The Change Up GIFs | Tenor

Wolf

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

1 hour ago, Wild Wolf said:

+1 for a Conan reference! Nsima Inyang is who I'm following and I'll also be incorporating his #SmoothPanther stretch routines in next challenge lmao! SAMSIES! Here's the stretch routine I did about 30 min ago:

I know I also have some Scotsman in me as well. German, Welsh Irish and Scots make up a lot of my genetic makeup. Also, Sam is a beast dude. I haven't even really watched a lot of Outlander, but I know the dude is a monster.

I've saved a couple and I'll legit be giving them a go tonight, so thank you for the inspiration!

Also Outlander is surprisingly good considering the love story is at its core.  Acting superb, quality plot, and fabulous period-pieces along with costumes.

I just love me some good kilts.  ;)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I've saved a couple and I'll legit be giving them a go tonight, so thank you for the inspiration!

Of course, dude! Happy to inspire like you've inspired me recently :) 

32 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Also Outlander is surprisingly good considering the love story is at its core.  Acting superb, quality plot, and fabulous period-pieces along with costumes.

I just love me some good kilts.  ;)

I've seen about 4-5 episodes of season 1 and enjoyed it if I'm being honest. Heather and I just fell off on watching it but it's definitely something I would get back into for sure. Wearing a kilt would be interesting, but I would totally do it lol. When I go to the big Renaissance Fair out by me, a lot of folks wear kilts, so, I might as well join them, lol. Have you seen Sam's new whiskey coming out soon??

Outlander Star Sam Heughan Releasing His Sassenach Whisky In November -  Spirited

The Sassenach. Looks delish! It's only available in a few states right now, and Texas is not one of them. It's also sold out more often times then not. I'm gonna get me a bottle one day. Help put some hair on my chest.

Wolf

1 hour ago, Wild Wolf said:

I've seen about 4-5 episodes of season 1 and enjoyed it if I'm being honest. Heather and I just fell off on watching it but it's definitely something I would get back into for sure. Wearing a kilt would be interesting, but I would totally do it lol. When I go to the big Renaissance Fair out by me, a lot of folks wear kilts, so, I might as well join them, lol. Have you seen Sam's new whiskey coming out soon??

Outlander Star Sam Heughan Releasing His Sassenach Whisky In November -  Spirited

The Sassenach. Looks delish! It's only available in a few states right now, and Texas is not one of them. It's also sold out more often times then not. I'm gonna get me a bottle one day. Help put some hair on my chest.

Highly recommend you at least give the first two seasons a good old Highland try.  ;)  Up to the Battle of Culloden (the site of which I've been to) is absolutely excellent.  Ugh, even just talking about Outlander has me missing Scotland again!

Looks like we've found yet ANOTHER reason for Harrgath to make landfall in the US of A 🤣

• Like 2

On 10/17/2020 at 12:10 AM, Wild Wolf said:

This is true. This is VERRRRRRRRY true. It's a blessing and a curse to be THIS comfortable with your sexuality.

Says the man who's playing a bard as his first ever d&d character and managed to get entranced by a naked harpy's singing.

We should stream our games, or at least record them. The world needs to see you portray Arkaryn.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2020 at 7:27 PM, fearless 2.0 said:

thanks for sharing the stretch video. Am doing it tomorrow... already saved in on my computer. 

also a lot of fun to read here!!!!!! :)

I think wolfie sent you other stretching videos than I got...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Says the man who's playing a bard as his first ever d&d character and managed to get entranced by a naked harpy's singing.

We should stream our games, or at least record them. The world needs to see you portray Arkaryn.

Oow I want to watch, live preferably!!!

• Like 1

Highly recommend you at least give the first two seasons a good old Highland try.    Up to the Battle of Culloden (the site of which I've been to) is absolutely excellent.  Ugh, even just talking about Outlander has me missing Scotland again!

Looks like we've found yet ANOTHER reason for Harrgath to make landfall in the US of A

Heather already told me that she’ll jump back into Outlander with me. We might start that tonight honestly! I’ll be on the lookout for the Battle of Culloden for sure :).

Brooooooooo! So many... there’s so many reasons to come to the states for a nerd sabbatical lol!

See also: The HIghland Games in the beautiful and scenic mountains of NC. /swoon

There was a special on Netflix that went over various games around the world that are unique to their perspective countries and one of the episodes is about the Highland games. Some really neat stuff!

thanks for sharing the stretch video. Am doing it tomorrow... already saved in on my computer. 
also a lot of fun to read here!!!!!!

Yay! More #SmoothPanther participants! Let me know how it goes :). I completed day 4 today which brings the longest stretching streak I’ve done in a looooooong time. Sad. But at least I’m trying to fix that now. I’m also glad you have a good time in my challenge, Fearless!

I mean... wouldn’t it be weird if Arkaryn wasn’t phased by the naked harpie? Lol

I would 100% love to stream the games! Everyone does a wonderful job portraying their character if i’m being honest. Y’all bring out the best in me so I’m very thankful

Just wanted to let you know I finessed my taint last night and it was muy bueno!

I'm practicing my Texan lately

Just add a lot of *y’all* and you’ll be good lol. That is a great stretch video. I think my favorite so far is day 3, “Weak in the Knees”. They’re all super solid but I felt the most “stretched” in that one. My goal is to do them all in succession and then go back and do the ones more specific to what I worked out that day. This is gonna be a daily thing for me going forward 100%. Maybe we can team up on this next challenge and keep each other accountable??

I think wolfie sent you other stretching videos than I got...

nah... I save the “special” ones for your eyes only my friend. I know how much you love the money shot ones

Oow I want to watch, live preferably!!!

I’m sure there’s a way to make this happen! I’ll talk with the group and see what we can come up with :)

Weekend update:

It’s been a good weekend and nice way to wrap up my challenge. Overall I would give myself an “A” grade for the challenge. I lifted. I learned. And I loved. I managed around 1 hour a day of listening to books or educational podcasts (mostly centering around carnivore related stuff) and finished one of the books I was reading. I wish I had finished another one but overall I did well on this goal. On top of finding time to finish “Verbal Judo” I also stared listening to George Orwell’s “1984”. And a book called the “The Gulag Archipelago 1918-1956” about the rise to power of Communist Russia and all the inner-workings of corruption. It’s on the Warrior Poet reading list and I’ve been waiting for it to come to Audible for a while now. Very interested in that book for sure.

I lifted a lot this challenge. It wasn’t perfect (I missed 2 workouts I think). But when it’s all said and done I worked my butt off and will continue to do so as i eat better, sweat moar, and ramp up the intensity.

I loved a lot. I wish I could devote more time to loving my kids and beautiful bride. Working 2 jobs has its perks but it takes away from your family. Luckily, one job is working from home now and hopefully for good! Instead of picking specific days to spend with my kids I tried to just play more with them each day. This translated to playing freeze tag, playing on the Xbox or just general hanging out and watching a movie or something. I also make the most time for Heather. I try to be more purposeful about putting her before myself in all things I do. A lot of this boils down to communication and being honest with her about how I’m feeling while not having a selfish nature about myself, which has been a weakness of mine. I can be very selfish.

I still want to dive into more challenges and get to know folks I don’t really know all that well. I used to be a good ambassador for the Rangers back in the day and I want to try and do that a little more in the next couple months to build a solid habit. With people coming back in a big way like Rurik and Rhia, it’s been a fun challenge so far seeing some of the OG’s kick a little ass

I'm mega stoked for the next challenge! I'm excited about introducing Tevior to y'all in little excerpts of writing. I’m excited about upping the intensity with my workouts. I’m excited about diving deeper into a carnivore-ish diet and getting enough protein to hopefully pack on some muscle and drop some BF. I’m also going to change my thinking approach with fitness and STOP thinking in months and weeks and instead be thinking in YEARS. It’s the tortoise approach, not the rabbit.

Anyways, I’m rambling now lol. I fix my stats later when I’m not typing this all out from my phone. I hope everyone had a great weekend and are ready to kick things into gear as we head into the next challenge!!

Wolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Oh! I almost forgot! I made these lovely “balls of meat” yesterday and they were delish!

3b60eab318ffd1b61edd479b54b70e84.jpg

Compliments of my new Carnivore Cookbook! I’m pretty impressed with myself if I’m being honest. Total protein between the two is about 90g . I made 4 in total, thinking Heather would want one but she never ate them, so, I took them for leftovers for lunch today.

Wolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3