Extra Life Event

Hey, Rebels!  I've been a lurker here for a long time (even though I had to remake my account recently) and recently signed up for the 1-on-1 coaching program.  I am on Coach Taylor's team!  Anyway, I wanted to throw this out there as I know charity and giving back is near and dear to many of us here in the Rebellion.

Every year, my friends and I participate in a nation wide charity called Extra Life that raises money for Children's Hospitals around the US.  We have an incredible children's hospital here in St. Louis that we support and I have had several friends and children of friends go through this amazing place at one time or another for treatment.  Every year, we try to give back and help the current batch of kids who've been dealt a bad hand.

Extra Life asks that its participants play games for a whole day to raise money, be it board games or video games.  This year, on the 26th of September, we will be running several races in a video game called Path of Exile over the course of 16 hours and I will be competing.  Last year, we were able to bring in over $1,400 because of the donations of others to whom this cause spoke.  Between ourselves and a few other groups, we raised enough that St. Louis Children's Hospital was able to open a new ward to treat the mental health issues of kids and teenagers!  We have set a modest goal of raising $1,000 for St. Louis Children's Hospital this year and, so far, we have already raised over a third of that.

If you would like to donate and help out the sick children of St. Louis, especially in this time when COVID-19 complicates everything and even prevents these families from seeing their hospitalized children much, please consider donating to Extra Life.  I won't include a link to our Extra Life team page (security and all) but you can find us by going to the Extra Life website and searching for "St. Louis Gaming Group X".

I know that you all will jump right in and help us knock this out of the park!  Thank you all for being you and thanks in advance for helping us make all the difference to some young kids that life hasn't too kind to yet.

-Mike