Jump to content

KB Girl hits the volume hard


KB Girl

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

reminds me of another funny thing (sorry im in story telling mood apparently) but someone asked in the chat if they had left their water bottle at the gym, the reply was a photo with "this one?" and when he got a yes the next photo was of the water bottle on top of the climbing wall x) I dunno man, I nearly cried laughing. but maybe its not so funny if you don't know the people involved x) 

 

That is actually really funny!

 

Even though I don't know anyone at your gym (aside from you, of course) I enjoy reading these stories because they paint a picture of a warm community whose members genuinely like each other and care about each other. They brighten my day when I read them, and I have been needing that a lot lately. Thank you for sharing your happy moments with us.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post

The lengthy chats with Jaap about life and hopes and dreams and how to keep them the past few days must have really helped, because Sunday was a really nice day. We worked in the garden (isn't gardening one of the most hopeful things you can do?) and just.. we did things together and did things apart and enjoyed the kids, made pizza for lunch and shepherds pie for dinner... We got our test results (negative) in the evening and I took some leftover food to my moms because my baby sister is staying there while looking for a new place. I stayed for a cup of tea and the three of us also ended up talking for 2 hours, just really good conversation about lessons learned and growth and relationships. 

 

Despite Jaap working the whole day the good vibes were still there today (monday), did a deep clean of my room and finally put clean sheets on my bed (yes I did 4 days without because that's what depression does to me) and sorted through lots of laundry, cleaned a couple things, had a really good day with Emma (lots of reading, lots of patience, cuddles and she was playing very well by herself a lot). Oh and I made a really good curry with yellow and orange pumpkins from our garden :) 

 

Goal wise I'm doing better than I expected - I wrote quite a lot of words.. I don't think I've hit the required 700 but well... I'm carefully optimistic I'll catch that up? ok as I write it my head is starting to doubt me, it's probably time for bed, so let's ignore that. 

The cold has lingered and I still felt a little sick today, but I am going to lift something tomorrow. No cardio though, that'll wait 'till I'm 100% better. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
7 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

 

That is actually really funny!

 

Even though I don't know anyone at your gym (aside from you, of course) I enjoy reading these stories because they paint a picture of a warm community whose members genuinely like each other and care about each other. They brighten my day when I read them, and I have been needing that a lot lately. Thank you for sharing your happy moments with us.

it might be the sickness, but that gave me huge warm fuzzy feelings ❤️ 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
4 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Even though I don't know anyone at your gym (aside from you, of course) I enjoy reading these stories because they paint a picture of a warm community whose members genuinely like each other and care about each other. They brighten my day when I read them, and I have been needing that a lot lately. Thank you for sharing your happy moments with us.

100% agree :)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
5 hours ago, KB Girl said:

The lengthy chats with Jaap about life and hopes and dreams and how to keep them the past few days must have really helped, because Sunday was a really nice day. We worked in the garden (isn't gardening one of the most hopeful things you can do?) and just.. we did things together and did things apart and enjoyed the kids, made pizza for lunch and shepherds pie for dinner... We got our test results (negative) in the evening and I took some leftover food to my moms because my baby sister is staying there while looking for a new place. I stayed for a cup of tea and the three of us also ended up talking for 2 hours, just really good conversation about lessons learned and growth and relationships. 

 

Despite Jaap working the whole day the good vibes were still there today (monday), did a deep clean of my room and finally put clean sheets on my bed (yes I did 4 days without because that's what depression does to me) and sorted through lots of laundry, cleaned a couple things, had a really good day with Emma (lots of reading, lots of patience, cuddles and she was playing very well by herself a lot). Oh and I made a really good curry with yellow and orange pumpkins from our garden :) 

 

Goal wise I'm doing better than I expected - I wrote quite a lot of words.. I don't think I've hit the required 700 but well... I'm carefully optimistic I'll catch that up? ok as I write it my head is starting to doubt me, it's probably time for bed, so let's ignore that. 

The cold has lingered and I still felt a little sick today, but I am going to lift something tomorrow. No cardio though, that'll wait 'till I'm 100% better. 

That sounds very lovely. Yes, gardenining is so hopeful. I remember , back in April when I was planting my garden. And I went to the store to buy plants, and the options were very limited. But I was able to buy stuff. I was really struggling at the time, and didn't really feel like doing it. But I did it partly to bring that hope, and remind myself that time would pass, and good things would happen. And now we are overflowing with produce, and my garden looks lovely, and I look at those hard days, and am hopeful that God will continue to work  and bring good things.

Link to post
17 hours ago, KB Girl said:

We worked in the garden (isn't gardening one of the most hopeful things you can do?)

Aww,w it really is. ❤️ 

17 hours ago, KB Girl said:

and just.. we did things together and did things apart and enjoyed the kids, made pizza for lunch and shepherds pie for dinner... We got our test results (negative) in the evening and I took some leftover food to my moms because my baby sister is staying there while looking for a new place. I stayed for a cup of tea and the three of us also ended up talking for 2 hours, just really good conversation about lessons learned and growth and relationships. 

Such good vibes.

 

17 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Oh and I made a really good curry with yellow and orange pumpkins from our garden :) 

Yum. :)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 9/22/2020 at 5:01 AM, Elastigirl said:

That sounds very lovely. Yes, gardenining is so hopeful. I remember , back in April when I was planting my garden. And I went to the store to buy plants, and the options were very limited. But I was able to buy stuff. I was really struggling at the time, and didn't really feel like doing it. But I did it partly to bring that hope, and remind myself that time would pass, and good things would happen. And now we are overflowing with produce, and my garden looks lovely, and I look at those hard days, and am hopeful that God will continue to work  and bring good things.

Exactly ❤️ 

 

On 9/22/2020 at 8:04 AM, Mr_Willes said:

ragetti | Tumblr

Maybe I'm not nerdy enough, but I don't get it x) 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post

Tuesday I felt decent enough to go back to work. We closed out the morning ladies strength class with deadlifts which turned into an impromptu max session. We just used one bar with 5 of us and just kept upping the weight. Last one of the ladies 'standing' lost too much form on 90kg for me to allow her to continue so I also called it quits at 90. Sort of happy it felt relatively easy, but also sort of frustrated because at 8 months pregnant 100kg felt easy. Sigh. Patience x)

 

Wednesday I did a zoom call and a lot of paper work while the baby played and slept and Jaap and Emma cleaned the gym and re-did all the covid stickers and added some more screens and cleaning stuff and things.. more to just remind our people that this is still a thing than because it was really lacking. The numbers in the Netherlands are.. not pretty and it's like our government is too scared of the publics reaction to do anything about it. I don't have any scared/worried feelings left to be honest, I'm sort of resigned? second lockdown? sure. No lockdown? everything goes boom and hospitals full? as long as I can look at myself in the mirror and say I made the right choices, I'm just going to go with it. 

(disclaimer; these feelings/thoughts are subject to change, probably, who knows :))

In the evening I did my own training, felt well enough to do some KB work; 

- jerks sets of 10 with 2x8, 2x10, 2x12, 2x14, 2x16 and then a 3:00 set with the 14's at pace 12 (=36). 

- snatch set with 10kg, 3:00/3:00 at pace 18 (=108). 

 

Oh and I made really really good falafel for dinner, wrapped them up in tortilla's with some cut up bell pepper and a little mayonaise+chili saus... really really good. I recommend trying; it was just 400 grams of canned chickpeas with 5 cloves of garlic, 1 red onion, 2 tsp salt, 2 tsp cumin powder, some black pepper, 4 tsp paprika powder, 4-6 tsp dried parsley (I'd have added some lemon juice if I had any left). Mixed it all together, formed little balls out of it and pressed them flat and then... I think pan frying is the right English term? in (fake) butter. Oh and I discovered this new really good fake butter, it's called flora and it really honestly tastes 95% like real butter and it works really well with baking.  Was especially happy with how this turned out because it was a "don't feel like shopping what do we have in the house and what can I make out of it" type of meal. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Oh and I discovered this new really good fake butter, it's called flora and it really honestly tastes 95% like real butter and it works really well with baking.  Was especially happy with how this turned out because it was a "don't feel like shopping what do we have in the house and what can I make out of it" type of meal. 

 

Flora was super-common in Sweden when I grew up. It came as a spreadable version that goes on slices of bread, or in big block for baking and cooking. 

 

And if you meant one of these: 

image.jpeg.30d080d2cb5969546d2d3b1851e902d7.jpeg

 

Frying pan is what they're called in English. They are sometimes called a skillet, especially the ones made from cast iron, but no one will be confused or fail to understand you if you call a cast iron skillet a frying pan, because skillets are frying pans, and frying pans are skillets. :) 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post

I was going to update with all the training I did and that I actually did quite a bit of writing.. and I wanted to tell you about the baby’s first tooth and how she plays peekaboo with me in the morning...

 

but my dog died.. 

she was almost 10 years old, but she was still just like a puppy.. when we woke up this morning she was just gone.. probably peacefully in her sleep.. yesterday she was still running through the forest as if she had all the energy in the world.. 

the vet says she had blood in her abdomen and probably had a kidney bleed, she says it just happens with old dogs.. it’s just, she didn’t seem old you know? We thought we’d have a couple years more.. 

  • Sad 9
Link to post
30 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

but my dog died.. 

she was almost 10 years old, but she was still just like a puppy.. when we woke up this morning she was just gone.. probably peacefully in her sleep.. yesterday she was still running through the forest as if she had all the energy in the world.. 

the vet says she had blood in her abdomen and probably had a kidney bleed, she says it just happens with old dogs.. it’s just, she didn’t seem old you know? We thought we’d have a couple years more.. 

 

So sorry for your loss. ❤️ 

It's good that she was happy and sprightly until the end. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
4 hours ago, KB Girl said:

 

she was almost 10 years old, but she was still just like a puppy.. when we woke up this morning she was just gone.. probably peacefully in her sleep.. yesterday she was still running through the forest as if she had all the energy in the world.. 

 

I am so sorry for your loss.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Sorry as well :( Lovely picture.

 

EDIT: and congrats, Emma!! 

 

We really need someone to help teach my sis. Mom and I are both scaredy cats :D

 

IUD thoughts:

Spoiler

 

And I decided against a copper IUD bc of the same reasoning that I did not want an object hanging around inside me for so long. Although it was ideal for the reasons Scaley mentioned.

 

I had those Rings for about 5 years and stopped because of what Hatter suggested: I wanted to know how my body is doing after all those hormones.

 

There is a lot of-ish research into (pre-)menopausal women, or pregnant women, but not that much about women that are not in any of those phases, is what I was thinking recently.

 

Sex ed is not the best ever here, and almost non-existent for non-hetero people, but still better than ABSTINENCE ONLY 😅 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
6 hours ago, KB Girl said:

but my dog died.. 

she was almost 10 years old, but she was still just like a puppy.. when we woke up this morning she was just gone.. probably peacefully in her sleep.. yesterday she was still running through the forest as if she had all the energy in the world.. 

the vet says she had blood in her abdomen and probably had a kidney bleed, she says it just happens with old dogs.. it’s just, she didn’t seem old you know? We thought we’d have a couple years more.. 

 

I'm so sorry :( She had a good life, I hope she passed peacefully. It must have been super hard to find her in the morning. All my thoughts are with you ❤️

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...