Jump to content

KB Girl hits the volume hard


KB Girl

Recommended Posts

Thanks everyone ❤️ It means a lot to me! It was actually really interesting/telling that I came here first to share this bit of news. I appreciate all of you, thank you!

Obviously I haven't been well, my insomnia got a lot worse and then Sophie was really sick (she's fine now) and I was/am operating on very little sleep.. so I haven't had a lot of concentration to go around (to explain why I wasn't here). But I'm a little better now I think :) I'm having a good day. And then I stumbled upon this song and wanted to come here to share it with all of you; 

 

 

It's so hopeful ❤️ exactly the right words for me. 
It's not even really my music taste, but who can say no to Avi Kaplan's voice? 

  • Like 6
Link to post

Sunday was a pretty good day. I didn’t get much sleep but decided to go to work a bit earlier anyway to get some training in.


- pushups 5x5

- reverse lunges with 15kg 5x5/5

- glutes bridge with band 3x10

- goblet squats with band and 10kg 3x10

- deadlifts 55kg 5x5 


had a full kettlebell class, made them do a snatch emom inspired by @Elastigirl, was a good one. Had a 2 hour PT for KB technique after (I love those). 
Crashed when I got home, some exhausted tears, but Jaap made me lunch and gave extra hugs and the rest of the afternoon was spend rather peacefully with audiobooks. I Didn’t do much at all, but Jaap did all the household tasks and has been going out of his way to be extra huggy while we’re getting through this teething sleepless phase. 

We got a picture of our dog framed and I had put it on top of a counter, but when emma came downstairs for breakfast she grabbed it and put it on the table next to her food. 
  • Like 5
Link to post

Well, we just rolled back into a partial lockdown. Gyms are still open with maximum group sizes of 4 but a max of 30 in the building.. 

Not sure how exactly we'll handle this, stay tuned. 

 

Monday

I had my last wisdom tooth removed, took it easy most of the day. 

 

Tuesday

Had work in the morning, work in the evening, spend the afternoon in the park.

Lifted some weights after morning work; 
- skin the cat with slow negative, 8x1

- negative pull-ups, 5x3

- some lizard, bear, monkey etc
- deadlifts 7x3 with 65kg

- rowing session, 2k in 10:26

  • Like 4
Link to post
12 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Had work in the morning, work in the evening, spend the afternoon in the park.

The weather was great for spending some time in the park! I really love the park/forest in the autumn, and the temperatures are about perfect right now. Did Emma pick up some acorns or chestnuts?

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 10/14/2020 at 10:19 AM, Waanie said:

The weather was great for spending some time in the park! I really love the park/forest in the autumn, and the temperatures are about perfect right now. Did Emma pick up some acorns or chestnuts?

Pockets full of them :) also those little beechnuts, which I'm going to try eating.. and I have walnuts! 

It really was very nice, we played hide and seek and she rode her bicycle- she's learning how to use the brakes but she finds it a bit scary so her new trick is to just ride into a busstop or a tree x) 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post

Wednesday 
I was up very early with the baby and by the time Jaap and Emma woke up she was ready for a nap- I napped along. It was good. We spend the day conferring with other gym owners and some of our volunteers/interns about what to do- we're adding a couple classes to our roster, we're going to encourage masks and with great sadness decided to not serve coffee and we also had to cancel all Saturday 'birthdays'. Boo. It's almost like just a place to train now instead of our gym. But maybe it won't be so bad. We'll see. 

 

In the evening I did a bit of training; 

- 6x5 pushups (hands elevated at 5.2)
- 3x5/5 reverse lunges, 3x5/5 lunges
- back squat (full depth!) 5x5 with 35kg
- tucked top position holds in the bridge

 

My baby sister dropped by for some tea as I was closing up, which was nice. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
8 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Wednesday 
I was up very early with the baby and by the time Jaap and Emma woke up she was ready for a nap- I napped along. It was good. We spend the day conferring with other gym owners and some of our volunteers/interns about what to do- we're adding a couple classes to our roster, we're going to encourage masks and with great sadness decided to not serve coffee and we also had to cancel all Saturday 'birthdays'. Boo. It's almost like just a place to train now instead of our gym. But maybe it won't be so bad. We'll see. 

Hugs. It's temporary though! And your community is built on all of the awesome people who have stuck by you -- the rituals will return when they can. ❤️ 

 

8 hours ago, KB Girl said:

In the evening I did a bit of training; 

- 6x5 pushups (hands elevated at 5.2)
- 3x5/5 reverse lunges, 3x5/5 lunges
- back squat (full depth!) 5x5 with 35kg
- tucked top position holds in the bridge

Woo!

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Thursday was a relaxed day, some tinkering around the house. Wrote some training programs after kid bed time. 
 

Friday had a lot of work to do so barely 20 minutes left to train, did a quick circuit of squats and single leg deadlifts, rows and even some presses all with kettlebells and then rowed 2k. 
A delivery arrived with the water bottles made from beetjuice. They look just like plastic but are completely bio degradable. Part of our ongoing project to make the gym more environmentally ehh.. I don’t feel like googling these English words, I think y’all get it. 
 

Saturday I moped about. All my appointments got cancelled. So I did a whole bunch of nothing. And some laundry. And I kept the baby alive. My mom took care of the bigger kid so that was like 80% of the usual work outsourced x) 

  • Like 2
Link to post
On 10/10/2020 at 12:39 PM, KB Girl said:

I'm having a good day. And then I stumbled upon this song and wanted to come here to share it with all of you; 

 

Thanks :)

 

9 hours ago, KB Girl said:

A delivery arrived with the water bottles made from beetjuice. They look just like plastic but are completely bio degradable. Part of our ongoing project to make the gym more environmentally ehh..

 

Love this, where did you get them from?

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 9/9/2020 at 12:14 AM, KB Girl said:

No reason to let a little PPD keep me from chopping away at my goals, right? I'm going to try to appreciate every little chop. 

 

This challenge was interrupted by illness and death... but I still made little chops! Got reacquainted with rowing, lifted things, wrote a couple things :) 

 

Next; 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • That's Metal 1
Link to post
On 10/15/2020 at 12:51 PM, KB Girl said:

she's learning how to use the brakes but she finds it a bit scary so her new trick is to just ride into a busstop or a tree x) 

 

Hahaha aww.

 

Motion to introduce new "inburgering" aspect to community centers. Dutch volunteers to teach first generation immigrant children how to bike from a YOUNG age & their big sisters how to ride with a person on the back seat of the bike :D

 

My mom cannot bike, I can but am afraid of teaching my sis, and she also really wants me to ride with her in the back (she's 25 kg so just within range, although most people bike with adults on their bikes despite the technical limit, and someome on the steering wheel etc.)

 

My exstepdad taught me within months of our arrival (around 8,5 y.o.) which was of course  very late :D

  • Like 2
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...