• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cheetah is still here.

Catching up here Cheetah.   Glad to see you posting, like the others have said.    You're sticking with it and pushing through.  That's always good.

And yeah, it's so interesting how other things can shift perspectives on current things (jobs, etc) from seeing just a single new angle.   

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aww, thanks!  I like you too.  🙂     You know, I hadn't looked at it this way, but I think you're right.  I think self-care goals are the order of the day.  I'll give some thought to

I almost decided to not post a challenge.  I'm feeling down lately.  This happens, because I have bipolar disorder.  So I'm a bit depressed, and that makes it hard to do things like exercise or care a

Thanks Tank!  It's good to have you along.     Thanks.  I do try to keep reminding myself to be grateful for the little wins, whatever they are.     Thanks Deffy, I w

Saturday was fun.  I went shotgunning and my friends and I blasted a large number of clay pigeons out of the air.  We went through 1200 shells between the 8 of us.  It was a grand old time.

Sunday we had small group.  Food was pretty good, I only had one meal in the middle of the day, which is typical for a Sunday and I'm fine with that.

Monday has been alright.  It's crazy busy at work, so I haven't eaten much.  I'm going to go home in about an hour and have some ravioli, but not more than I need because if I eat too much I won't feel good.  It's an amazing motivator.

No exercise in sight.  I'm at a loss.

• Like 4
  • Cheetah changed the title to Cheetah is still here.
2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

No exercise in sight.  I'm at a loss.

It sounds like things have been absolutely crazy and you have a ton going on - remember that sometimes we need to turn down the dial and allow for ourselves to focus on stress reduction (which is just as important as exercise!). I had to do that for a very large part of 2020 myself :)

Anyway,  since you mentioned yoga, what about doing a single sun salutation, or a minute of downward facing dog (or your favorite pose?). I also like just looking for "3 minute yoga" or "5 minute yoga" on youtube and grabbing whatever comes up and following along - since it's not a large time commitment, if it's terrible, it doesn't matter :)

Something > Nothing, and can be a great way to build up momentum and to still prioritize exercise, even when it feels like everything is falling apart and like we can't seem to make ourselves do anything. 

Regardless if you choose to yoga or not to yoga: 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1
18 hours ago, spezzy said:

Anyway,  since you mentioned yoga, what about doing a single sun salutation, or a minute of downward facing dog (or your favorite pose?). I also like just looking for "3 minute yoga" or "5 minute yoga" on youtube and grabbing whatever comes up and following along - since it's not a large time commitment, if it's terrible, it doesn't matter :)

I had a friend that told me they started a yoga session and ended up doing a quick sun salutation and then 15 minutes of childs pose. She started to feel bad about it and then realized it was still something and she felt better when done.

Wednesday

Work was tiring.  Leading people is hard.  Why did I want this job?  Oh ya, I didn't really know what it was about.  Silly me.

I ate food today.

I didn't do much else.

• Like 2
On 9/29/2020 at 2:36 AM, spezzy said:

a minute of downward facing dog (or your favorite pose?).

This is great advice! I'm gonna go for the latter...

Hope Ms_Willes will approve

Top 30 Spartan Dei GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat 

Thursday was alright.  It was a long slog through the day, but it ended well.  In the evening I took a walk with my beautiful and athletic wife.  That was nice.

Friday has been alright too.  I've had hashbrowns and a bagel to eat so far.... I should probably eat a protein bar for balance.  I'm sure I'll eat something healthy tonight although I don't know what.

I did take the time at lunch to go walk around my neighborhood.  I got in about 2 miles and that felt good.  I'm terribly out of shape, and I have a backpacking trip coming up so I guess I'd better get back on my bs.

• Like 2

Saturday I went for a walk/ jog with my beautiful and athletic wife.  She's come a long way over the summer, and been very consistent and I can barely keep up with her, so it was a bit challenging.  I definitely need to get back on my bs.  

Sunday has been pretty good.  I feel awful emotionally, and I can't seem to catch a break and this is odd because on Friday I felt like things had been better recently.  So now I don't know what to think.  Maybe this has just been a hard weekend.  Weekends have been hard for me lately.

I'm going to sleep.  Tomorrow will probably be better.

• Like 1
On 9/28/2020 at 8:36 PM, spezzy said:

Something > Nothing

If companionship would help, anytime I am around on Discord, feel free to ping me and we'll do a few pushups or something. :)

Food is hard. When I am tired and overworked or overstressed, cooking and eating are the last things I want to do. Sometimes I never do eat anything, which is surely the wrong choice.

38 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I'm going to sleep.  Tomorrow will probably be better.

Here's to a bright new morning tomorrow. Sweet dreams.

I need to sort my clothes.  I have them in several sizes, because that's what you do when your weight yo-yos up and down 40 lbs every year.  so I have some that are too lose and some that are too tight and some in the middle but they all look the same and I can't remember which is which.  I need a system for sorting my clothes by fatness.  Maybe I should safety-pin little squares of colored fabric inside them.  That way, if right now I'm "green level" fatness, I'll know to wear green-tagged clothes.

In other news, I walked 30 min at 3 mph on my treadmill this morning, and so far food is going well.  I feel good about that.  I think at the beginning of this challenge I was trying to make self-care and healthy habits two separate things, but they're really not.  Healthy habits are self-care.  I guess I needed a reminder about that.

I'm looking forward to dropping the 40 lbs again.

• Like 2

So, I just checked my progress on a goal I set a while ago.  I almost don't want to talk about it, because I don't want to jinx it, but here I am so I may as well.

Back in January I set myself a goal to walk 500 miles this year.  Later in the year when it looked like I would probably not make it strictly walking, I opened it up to include running, which I tried again for a while because I'm foolishly optimistic, and cycling, because I love it and sometimes I'd rather ride than walk. 

Right now I'm at 344 total miles.  There are 88 days left in the year.  If I can average 2 miles per day, I'll make my goal.

That's energizing.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, deftona said:

a reason

My beautiful and insightful wife thinks it's because there's no routine for the weekends.  I often don't know what to do with myself and it makes me anxious.  I have a really hard time sitting still, but I don't know where to direct myself.

• Like 1

Tuesday was alright.  I got in another 30-min walk.

Wednesday has been good so far.  No walk though; I don't know if I'll get one in today or not.  Work was a little hectic; we're changing our whole payroll/HR service to a completely new one, and there's been a lot of training and such so I had to come in earlier than I wanted.

• Like 3

Thursday is good so far.  Food has been good, and probably will continue.  It's a little odd this week because I'm working a weird split shift so I'm not taking breaks at the times I would usually eat.  But it's all good.  I did get a 30-min walk in today.  I was hoping to do more, but I will also go grocery shopping soon so that will help bolster the day's effort.

Friday is okay.  I'm hoping to leave work early so I can get a walk in and make dinner for the fam.  Today was my boss's 50th so there was fried chicken and potato salad and beans and cake.  I was mindful and moderate.

6 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I'm not giving up.  It's dark right now.  But I'm not giving up.

We're here for you if you need anything Cheetz.

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I couldn't sleep so I went downstairs and walked 3 miles on my treadmill.

This is a really good idea! Did it help you sleep?

10 hours ago, deftona said:

Did it help

Not really, but it felt good and it was better than just lying in the dark with my eyes open. 

Today I was contemplating my mental blocks against various exercises that I want to do, and I realized that I avoid deadlifts because the 45s I have are not standard size, and I have to put them on boards to get the proper bar height for the lift.  Also, I don't have a platform so the boards help keep me from beating the crap out of my basement floor.  But it's a pain in the butt, and I need exercise to be as convenient as possible because my time is so so limited.  So today I ordered a pair of 45lb bumper plates from Rogue.  This will solve both problems in one strike and I'm rather pleased.  Also having another pair of 45s is just a good thing in general.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Not really, but it felt good and it was better than just lying in the dark with my eyes open. 

Today I was contemplating my mental blocks against various exercises that I want to do, and I realized that I avoid deadlifts because the 45s I have are not standard size, and I have to put them on boards to get the proper bar height for the lift.  Also, I don't have a platform so the boards help keep me from beating the crap out of my basement floor.  But it's a pain in the butt, and I need exercise to be as convenient as possible because my time is so so limited.  So today I ordered a pair of 45lb bumper plates from Rogue.  This will solve both problems in one strike and I'm rather pleased.  Also having another pair of 45s is just a good thing in general.

You can never have too many 45s

• Like 1