• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cheetah

Cheetah is still here.

Today has been good.  Food has been mindful.  I joined my beautiful wife for a jog around the neighborhood.  We didn't go far or fast, but it felt good.  

• Like 1

Sunday is good so far.  For breakfast I has toad in hole (american, not English) and for lunch fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans, all moderate and mindful.  I just walked 3 miles in 50 min and that felt really good.

Tonight my children are spending the night with friends, so my beautiful and deserving wife and I are going out to dinner.  I will be mindful and eat wisely.

I'm listening to the audio book of "Master and Commander" by Patrick O'Brian.  It's a very fun read, and I'm enjoying it immensely.  I probably won't do the whole series straight through, but I definitely will read more of them in the future.

• Like 3

Monday is starting well.  I had 3 boiled eggs for breakfast, and a sammich, chips, and a disappointing pear for lunch.  Dinner will be chicken potato soup, all mindful.

This morning I did 4 sets of curl-presses.  I don't know what else you'd call them.  The idea is you take a dumbbell, do a standing z-curl with it, and at the top you press it overhead while rotating so that your palm finishes away from you.  Then you reverse down under control. I did 20x15 three times, then 25x10.  I did them both arms at the same time, which required a bit more focus than doing left then right.

Then I walked for 30 min with a few minutes of jogging, on the treadmill.  I think I got in 1.6 miles.

• Like 3

On 10/10/2020 at 3:22 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You can never have too many 45s

12 hours ago, Cheetah said:

My 45s have already shipped!  They might arrive tomorrow!

So, this time around I did that thing where NF emails you tidbits each day about your follows, and ... gotta admit.  I was not thinking the right thing when the 45s were mentioned based on these two comments.      Came in and got caught up- OH.... PLATES!!  For barbells.  😛

I am so very happy to see you keeping up on the posts Cheetah.  You are pushing through this season you're in and you're here.  So proud of you friend!      As a fellow yo-yo-er, I too am right now trying to grab the reins and tell these damn horses who is in charge.    We can do this.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

So, this time around I did that thing where NF emails you tidbits each day about your follows, and ... gotta admit.  I was not thinking the right thing when the 45s were mentioned based on these two comments.      Came in and got caught up- OH.... PLATES!!  For barbells.  😛

I am so very happy to see you keeping up on the posts Cheetah.  You are pushing through this season you're in and you're here.  So proud of you friend!      As a fellow yo-yo-er, I too am right now trying to grab the reins and tell these damn horses who is in charge.    We can do this.

NGL, I was kinda hoping for that sort of ambiguity. It's true for plates and other things.

• Like 1

Tuesday was pretty good.  Food was mindful all day - eggs in the a.m., sammich for lunch, potato soup for dinner.  I did have a few mnms and some cashews later when I was a bit hungry again, but it was not excessive so I'm happy with that.

I walked 3 miles in 1 hour on my treatmill.  So that was good.

One of my plates arrived yesterday, and the other should arrive today, so I should be all set for deadlifts tomorrow.  🙂  You know, unless I'm working stupid hours and can't get home for lunch.  that's always a possibility.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

One of my plates arrived yesterday, and the other should arrive today, so I should be all set for deadlifts tomorrow.  🙂  You know, unless I'm working stupid hours and can't get home for lunch.  that's always a possibility.

They'll wait for you.

• Like 1

Wednesday - is it really Wednesday?  If so, I'm glad.

It's been good so far.  I've had some potato soup and a protein bar, and my beautiful and culinary wife is bringing me dinner later, which will be a stuffed bell pepper.  I think I might still be a little hungry after that, but we'll see how it goes.

I got in a little treadmill time today, 1 mile in 20 min.  Something>Nothing.

Work today has been a bit stressful.  Lots of issues with the humans, but I think that I'm managing it all pretty well.  I feel like I'm doing a good job of relating to my team and my students.  I hope I'm doing okay.

• Like 3

Thursday is good so far.

Food has been mindful-ish.  I had an apple fritter for breakfast, and the a late lunch/early dinner of franks and beans.  It was a lot of food and I should be good for the day, so I'm at peace with that.  I am terribly thirsty, though, and I'm fairly guzzling water.

So, last night my tongue started to feel weird, and this morning it was slightly swollen and kind of stiff and sore.  I have literally never had this happen and it's a bit concerning.  As the day has gone on it's gotten a bit better.  I'm really not sure what I did, other than it's possible I burned it a little bit on my dinner last night.  Usually if I burn my tongue it's right on the end and it feels burnt, but this is in the middle and it doesn't feel burnt, it feels like a sore muscle after a hard workout.

In other sore muscle news, I did some deadlifts today with my new bumper plates.  It was awesome!  I did a warmup set of 10 at 135, then 3 sets of 5 at 185 lbs (84 kg).  I'll probably back off a bit for the next session; I haven't deadlifted in a while and I don't want to over-do it, which is what I usually do.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Did you eat anything different yesterday? That can be a sign of a mild food allergy. 

I was thinking about that.  I had a pineapple upside down cake from a local bakery.  I've never had an issue with any of the ingredients before, but I know that can change over time.

Friday has been okay.  Food has been good, very mindful in spite of many former food triggers being present.  I took a jog with my beautiful wife and that felt good too.  

Things are definitely more up overall, and I think I'm out of the woods now.  This week has been hard but I feel more positive than I have.  It's nice.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I was thinking about that.  I had a pineapple upside down cake from a local bakery.  I've never had an issue with any of the ingredients before, but I know that can change over time.

The core of a pineapple has a lot of the enzyme bromelain and a lot of people have a bad reaction to it, myself included. It gives me a horrible stomach ache. I am fine with the rest of the pineapple, but not the core. 

Saturday has been good.

This morning I had mindful bacon and eggs.  My family and I went to a state park and hiked about 4.5 miles of easy trails.  The weather was just cool enough to be autumn, and it was very nice.

8n the evening we went to a friend's house and had lasagna and played a couple of games, and that was all mindful too.  I think I'm really getting the hang of this food thing.  I feel like I've made strides in listening to my body.

I caught a possum in a bucket in my chicken coop.  Neither I or the possum were expecting that.  Sadly, Mr possum has not survived the encounter.  I'm going to have to start locking up the coop at night.  There seems to be no end to the legion of possums trying to steal my eggs.

• Like 4