Jupiter Does More of the Same

Jupiter

11 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Ugh. Anyway, after work I put that aggravation to good use and it got me through my strength training routine. I even did a couple extra reps with the 10 pound dumbbell on the dumbbell deadlifts and single arm overhead press, and I added a couple extra seconds on my planks.

I haven't had a day like this in a while, but I remember them. 

11 hours ago, Jupiter said:

and two, because I was worrying too much about staying within word count. The place I want to submit to only takes 4000 word stories and it looks like mine will go past that.

Ugh yeah this kneecaps me so much.

• Like 1

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

My Fitness Pal - inactive

12 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I feel like I do, yeah, but that may be because that's the start of my week. Like, I start out strong at the beginning and then my energy dwindles until I have nothing by the end. It takes me a day or two to recover at the end of the week and then by Sunday I've bounced back. That seems to be the cycle I'm stuck in right now.  

I don't think there's anything wrong with that as long as you adapt your expectations and schedule to it ;).

12 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Anyway, after work I put that aggravation to good use and it got me through my strength training routine. I even did a couple extra reps with the 10 pound dumbbell on the dumbbell deadlifts and single arm overhead press, and I added a couple extra seconds on my planks.

Progress!

Good job on the writing as well, I hope that it will get accepted :).

• Like 1
20 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

A little late getting over here but following along for this one :) 

As Julie said on her thread, it's never too late! And thanks! :) 

11 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

I haven't had a day like this in a while, but I remember them. 

Ugh yeah this kneecaps me so much.

Yup, not fun. 

11 hours ago, Waanie said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with that as long as you adapt your expectations and schedule to it ;).

Progress!

Good job on the writing as well, I hope that it will get accepted :).

LOL yeah, the problem would be in adjusting my expectations. They can be unrealistically high, so if I keep to this schedule I'll need to figure out how to change them.  

And thanks! :) I hope it does too, but we'll see what happens. 

• Like 3

Long, long day today. I had so much work that some of my files had to be reassigned. And while it helped a little bit, it really didn't make that much of a difference. On top of that, people kept asking me where their stuff was and changes kept being made which meant redoing documents, and that slowed me way down. Sometimes I wonder how I ever get anything done. 

Anyway, didn't get as much done as I wanted to this afternoon. I was a bit brain dead so I only got through one page of rewrites. And I'm pretty sure it needs rewriting again, because I don't like it very much. It feels a bit hoakey and I feel like the action has slowed down a bit too much. For food, I had a decent breakfast (cream of wheat and an apple), and I cooked dinner (popcorn chicken and frozen veggies). So, two decent meals today. Not bad. Also cleaned a little bit. That's pretty much all I got done. Too tired LOL.

I talked to a friend, too, who is thinking of moving back to my state, which is great. We haven't seen each other in forever, so I hope she does end up moving back here so we can visit more often. And I'll get to see her babies too (twin boys). They're about a year and a half and so adorable. It's crazy how fast they're growing. 

Also can't wait for this new show, LA's Finest with Jessica Alba and Gabrielle Union. I'm so ready for this. And now I'm rambling so I think I'm going to bed early. Goodnight nerds. 

• Like 7
On 9/16/2020 at 12:01 PM, Jupiter said:

I talked to a friend, too, who is thinking of moving back to my state, which is great. We haven't seen each other in forever, so I hope she does end up moving back here so we can visit more often. And I'll get to see her babies too (twin boys). They're about a year and a half and so adorable. It's crazy how fast they're growing. 

It's always nice when you have good friends close by.  Or, well, it was before these crazy times :( 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 9/16/2020 at 11:27 AM, Harriet said:

It's great that you sat down to some writing despite the zombie feeling. Just getting started and doing a bit is a good achievement for the day. 

Yeah, at least I got a little bit done. Thanks. :) 

15 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

It's always nice when you have good friends close by.  Or, well, it was before these crazy times :( 

Yeah, definitely. And very true. I'm hoping that by the time they move out here (if they end up moving) things will have calmed down, but we'll see. 

9 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

It's been said quite a few times already, but editing is where the work is. Get the words out when you write. Get the words across when you edit.

edit.JPG.8f3aeb48edecfae740cc695fa2723c95.JPG

Well...yes and no. Every writer's process is different. Some prefer to do everything on the back end, and some prefer to do some of the extra work upfront. So really it just depends on what works best for each person. Right now the "just get the words out" approach isn't really working for me, so I'm trying something different. This doesn't mean that I won't edit or revise after the first draft is done. I fully expect to do that, and to have more than one draft. I just don't think doing everything on the back end is working for me right now. 

• Like 3

Thanks everyone for your comments and advice, I appreciate you all. :)

I continued my zombie impression from Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. I was brain dead, dropped things, stumbled around, the whole bit. This makes me wonder if I should give coffee another try (right now I don't drink any caffeine). But anyway, I was only half awake for most of the day and had to deal with stupid stuff at work that had even my boss going "wth" when I talked to her about it. After work I was a little more awake and was able to do 10 minutes of yoga and work on that same page from Tuesday. It was actually mostly salvageable. I got rid of about half of it and replaced it with something else and moved on. I'm a bit stuck on this next part, though. I got my characters into a situation that I'm not sure how to get them out of. I spent some of today thinking of possible solutions and I think I might have something, but all the same, I might skip it and come back to it when I start the next round so I can think about it a little more. Nutrition-wise, didn't have any fruit, but I did have 2 servings of veggies. The bright spot Wednesday was the d&d session. That was really fun. 

Today I had a serving of fruit and veggies, and other than thinking about my short story for a little bit, I did nothing. Ugh. I know this is just the cycle I'm in right now and I need to adjust my expectations, but it is hard. Already I am thinking about how to try to push through to get something done tomorrow.

As for reading, I can't really get into anything new fiction-wise at the moment, so I'm slowly making my way through "Daring Greatly" by Brene Brown. It's an interesting read so far. Anyway, I am off to bed early tonight. Good night, nerds. 

• Like 5

Might I suggest tea instead of coffee first? Easing into caffeine would be a good way to start. 

Way to go on your week, Jupiter! 
DependentFortunateKob-size_restricted.gi

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

On 9/18/2020 at 5:58 AM, Jittersthe.Clown said:

Might I suggest tea instead of coffee first? Easing into caffeine would be a good way to start. 

Way to go on your week, Jupiter! 
DependentFortunateKob-size_restricted.gi

Hmm yeah I can try that and see how it goes. Thanks! :) 

On 9/18/2020 at 12:24 PM, RubiksCat said:

Ditto that.

Thanks! Good to see you around again! :) 

On 9/19/2020 at 8:19 AM, ReturnOfTheDad said:

That’s great that you can put that frustration to something constructive. Following, you got this!

Thank you! :) 

Rough couple of days. Work was crazy and I didn't get much sleep, and as a result I was exhausted and didn't do much. Well, I did a little, but I didn't track it. So today's a bit of a restart. At work every file was a rush file (naturally) but things went fairly smoothly and I thankfully didn't get interrupted too much, so that helped. Did my strength training routine afterwards. I didn't do quite as many reps on the 10 pound dumbbell as I did last week, but I did a few extra on the 8 pound one. It was tougher today too, but I still got through the whole thing so, win. Also had a serving of fruit and half a serving of veggies, and wrote 2 pages on one of my short stories. It's rough and I don't like it too much right now, but I'll take a look at it again tomorrow and see if I can smooth a few of the rough edges before moving on. I feel a little disconnected with it, to be honest, but I'm sure it's just because I let it sit for 4 days. Hopefully it'll go better tomorrow. 

All in all, not too bad for a Monday. Now I'm off to try to read a little bit before bed. 

• Like 5

Work was pretty quiet. Still got plenty of emails from co-workers asking where their files were, but they didn't bombard me by sending multiple emails within minutes of each other like they have in the past, which was nice. So yeah, for them, fairly quiet. 

Anyway, didn't have anything prepped for lunch today (or at least, nothing I wanted) so I ordered delivery. Pre-pandemic I ordered delivery like every day (now that restaurants are open again I only order maybe once or twice a week) and there was this one delivery lady who was always really nice to me. We chatted a little bit every time she dropped off my food and sometimes she'd bring me a free cookie just because. I haven't seen her lately because of the pandemic but the restaurant she works at is back open again so she dropped off my food today. She was really happy to see me and glad to know I was okay and gave me a free cookie, which was really sweet of her. We couldn't really chat much this time around because my dog wasn't having it but it was really nice to see her. I'd been wondering how she was doing with everything going on but she seems to be doing well, which is good. The whole thing made my day. 

Let's see, no workout today, but I cooked dinner. I wanted to cook some fresh boneless chicken thighs and cut them up and use them for sandwiches, but the chicken wasn't delivered with my groceries, so I used up the last of my frozen popcorn chicken and made little chicken sliders instead and heated up some frozen cheesy veggies and rice to go with. Best idea ever, LOL. Also had a banana with breakfast this morning, so got in my serving of fruit. 

Only wrote about a half a page, but I think I figured out what I want to do to get my characters out of their sticky situation, which required some quick research on different types of sound. It's pretty interesting. I feel a little bit more connected to the story today, too. I'm getting back into the right headspace, which is half the battle. Progress. 

Now I'm exhausted so off to bed with me. Goodnight nerds. 

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

It's so nice that you connected with your delivery driver again :). The lack of social interaction is the hardest part of the covid crisis for me, and I think for most people that do not become ill themselves nor laid off. 

Good job on the writing and cooking over the past few days! I never thought about making some kind of sloppy joe's with popcorn chicken, it sounds great though :).

• Like 3
On 9/23/2020 at 7:21 AM, Jupiter said:

Only wrote about a half a page, but I think I figured out what I want to do to get my characters out of their sticky situation, which required some quick research on different types of sound.

This sounds like fun :D Now I'm trying to imagine what scenario would require this kind of research.

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

heyyy, I'm finally finding my out-of-guild peeps.  I promise to catch up when I have more spoons, but I just wanted to throw some love at you

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

On 9/23/2020 at 5:20 AM, Waanie said:

It's so nice that you connected with your delivery driver again :). The lack of social interaction is the hardest part of the covid crisis for me, and I think for most people that do not become ill themselves nor laid off. 

Yeah, it was really nice to see her again. And same here. I'm not much of a social person, but it's definitely been hard. 

On 9/23/2020 at 5:20 AM, Waanie said:

Good job on the writing and cooking over the past few days! I never thought about making some kind of sloppy joe's with popcorn chicken, it sounds great though :).

Thanks! LOL yeah, I meant to do it with real chicken but it didn't work out so I improvised. It was pretty tasty. :D 

On 9/24/2020 at 5:53 AM, Harriet said:

This sounds like fun :D Now I'm trying to imagine what scenario would require this kind of research.

It was fun. :D A dangerous one LOL. 

2 hours ago, Novaurora said:

heyyy, I'm finally finding my out-of-guild peeps.  I promise to catch up when I have more spoons, but I just wanted to throw some love at you

Hey! And no worries, I know you've got a lot going on. Thank you for the love. :) *hugs*

• Like 2

So, work was crazy the last three days. Everything was a rush and someone was always hounding me about something. One co-worker asked me multiple times a day almost every day this week about one of her files, and when you combine that with everyone else asking where their stuff is, by the end of the week it was really grating on my nerves. Also had to stay later than I usually do Wednesday and Thursday because I had so much work and people were freaking out, but it didn't even make a difference. I'm so, so behind. I tried to get a little caught up today but then the system went down for 2 hours this afternoon so I couldn't finish any of my work. By the time the system came back up, it was about the end of my shift and I just left. I should have stayed, but by then I was just so done. Monday is going to suck so much.

On the bright side, my co-workers from another department are finally starting to see how bad it is for us. A few of them emailed me telling me how grateful and appreciative they were of all the work I’ve done for them these past few months. After all the craziness, it was really nice to hear. And one of my teams gave me a gift card and another one is treating us all to lunch next week. It was all a very pleasant surprise.

Anyway, as a result of the madness, my whole routine imploded. I was either too stressed out or too tired to do anything. I did join our weekly d&d game, it was the only thing I was looking forward to all week. I got nervous though when it was my turn to give my opinion on something and I ended up babbling nonsensically. (This is why I should not speak during social things.) Other than that though it was pretty fun. We won a huge boss battle and it was pretty awesome. 

Anyway, today I tried to get back on track a little bit. I was going to do yoga but my wrist still isn’t happy with me. Weights though are apparently okay so I did strength training instead. I just did 2 sets with the 8 pound dumbbell. Also rewrote 2 pages for my short story. Not too bad. No healthy eating though. I just didn’t have the brain space to care.

• Like 5
On 9/26/2020 at 1:04 PM, Jupiter said:

I got nervous though when it was my turn to give my opinion on something and I ended up babbling nonsensically.

I was so nervous about not screwing things up I didn't even notice ;)   You guys certainly did better than I expected you would

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 9/27/2020 at 2:16 AM, WhiteGhost said:

I was so nervous about not screwing things up I didn't even notice ;)   You guys certainly did better than I expected you would

LOL okay good. And I thought you did great DMing. :) 

Didn't do much in the way of goals yesterday. I was too exhausted. I did however do laundry and cook dinner (breaded butterfly shrimp and frozen veggies).

On to today. Not as bad as I was expecting. Granted, I was still way behind and people kept bugging me about their files, but I was surprisingly Zen about it all. Afterwards did my strength training routine, had a serving of veggies with dinner, ran the dishwasher, cleaned a little bit, and rewrote 2 pages. They're not too bad but I think I need to tweak the last page just a tiny bit before moving on. It's headed in a direction I'm not sure I want it to go so I need to make a small change to get it back to where I want it. Also, one of my co-workers invited me to her house warming party. It's supposed to be a very small gathering so I think I might risk going. 

Anyway, not too bad for a Monday. 

• Like 3

Curious, what are you doing for your strength training? 

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

8 hours ago, Jupiter said:

On to today. Not as bad as I was expecting. Granted, I was still way behind and people kept bugging me about their files, but I was surprisingly Zen about it all.

Progress! It's also nice of your coworkers to show that they're appreciative :).

On 9/26/2020 at 7:04 AM, Jupiter said:

I was either too stressed out or too tired to do anything. I did join our weekly d&d game, it was the only thing I was looking forward to all week. I got nervous though when it was my turn to give my opinion on something and I ended up babbling nonsensically. (This is why I should not speak during social things.) Other than that though it was pretty fun.

I'm glad you had fun :D. In these times, it's sometimes hard to find fun things to do, so I'm glad you have something weekly to look forward to.

• Like 2