• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Epsilonte

Epsilonte dances through life

Awesome stuff! Especially all the dancing and metamorphoses. Also, heyyyy someone else who went through half a decade of learning a dead language and survived. Following :)

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 12:32 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Haha personally I wouldn't equate spinny with happiness (🤮) but you look lovely on it, such smooth transitions!

Thank you!! :D Ah, spinny is super nice, if you are used to it... xD I had a student once that just couldn't deal with the motion sickness and always took anti-travel-sickness pills and then did the fastest spins ever! ^^

On 9/21/2020 at 5:32 PM, raptron said:

Ahh, I love your flowy movement. And you do seem so happy to be spinning. :D 

Thank you!! I am - it's a really nice feeling and it also feels great that my strength is coming back. I see it week after week, feels great!

On 9/21/2020 at 6:13 PM, Manarelle said:

Very cool video - you look quite natural and comfortable doing all that. Glad school and dance are going well for you, and here's to avoiding a second wave of pandemic. 

Thank you! This is one of my favourite combos. ❤️ 

18 hours ago, MezzotheLefty said:

Awesome video, you are so graceful!

One day I want to be that cool too. 😊

Hope this week is going well!

Thank you! I'm sure you already are. :) 

1 hour ago, Aθena said:

Awesome stuff! Especially all the dancing and metamorphoses. Also, heyyyy someone else who went through half a decade of learning a dead language and survived. Following :)

Thanks!! :D Haha yeah, a fellow surviver! :) Did you also learn latin? or greek? Or both? :)

Sorry for being so offline at the moment. xD I struggle to find the time to be on here, while I really enjoy it, so much is happening right now... School is really taking off (I love it!!), dancing is going great and by the time I'm done for the day I'm so tired that typing/reading english just seems too much and all I can do is watching youtube videos and playing on my phone for a bit... xD 

I got myself a reeeaaally nice set of flash cards for studying anatomy. Love those! I want to change/specify my "learning" goal to "do (at least) half an hour of flashcards a day", I think this will really help. :) 

Goals are going well so far this week - school is easy since everything is new and shiny and exciting. xD

Dancing every day also works out - Monday I had two bellydancing classes, Tueday I did some spinning pole again (and a mobility class), today was another pole day (new stuff on static this time), twomorrow it's bellydancing again... :D 

The only thing I'm struggling with a bit is my sleeping goal... Most of the time I manage to go to bed just barely before midnight, I really need to go a bit sooner... But it's so much to learn and to do and everything is so exciting right now! Who can sleep in times like these? xD (sorry, I'm a bit hyped from the pole class that just finished and went rather well... xD)

So, life is still very good. I hope you all are doing well as well and I'll try to read a few topics here. ❤️ 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

Goals are going well so far this week - school is easy since everything is new and shiny and exciting. xD

Keeping fingers crossed that it stays shiny and exciting after the new wears off. :)

I'm very confident it will stay that way. The way everything is strucured helps a lot - most of the things we learn are in blocks, so it's a few weeks of one theme, then a few weeks of other themes... helps to keep everything fresh and new all the time. :D 

The whole week went really well. Yesterday was the first day since the start of the challenge that I didn't do any of my goals, but breaks are important too, right? xD I had some friends over for brunch, so had to clean and shop groceries beforehand, then we had a super lovely brunch that lasted from 11am to 6pm, after clean up I was rather tired and just chilled for the rest of the day... But it was much needed and I'm rejuvenated now. :) 

Thursday I got the first of a few vaccines I have to do (or rather refresh xD), didn't notice much of it, just that my left arm (where I got the injection) was a bit more tired than usual. Monday I'll get the next one. Fun stuff. xD 

Friday I had two big long lectures again with some learning and a bit of cleaning in between, then went to the gym with my SO. Datenight. xD Not really dancing, but still counts I think. :) 

Today I slept in, just finished writing my pole choreography for class on Tuesday (love the song :D I think it will be really fun to dance to this!), now I'll do my half hour of bones, then drive to the studio to teach some more pole... Evening is for chilling again. 

I'm super happy with life in general right now. ^^ 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

Friday I had two big long lectures again with some learning and a bit of cleaning in between, then went to the gym with my SO. Datenight. xD Not really dancing, but still counts I think. :) 

As long as both participants are happy, that's what matters! 

3 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

then we had a super lovely brunch that lasted from 11am to 6pm,

O.o we have very different ideas of what constitutes "brunch". :D

On 9/27/2020 at 3:35 PM, Manarelle said:

O.o we have very different ideas of what constitutes "brunch". :D

Might be that my friends and me are hobbits and like to eat a lot... :D

Phew, what a week! :D As you might have noticed, I sady didn't have much time for the forums here...

School started with its full force (like double the mount of lectures and stuff from the first few weeks) and my evenings are filled with dance classes... 

My biggest challenge is still: get to bed earlier (and by early I mean the 23:30 I set as a goal for myself), since by that time I did so much in one day that I "need" some "me time", i.e. staring into the computer and watching youtube or stuff (stupid, I know. Crawling into bed and reading for a while would be nicer. xD). I need to find a better balance there. I think so far this week I got this goal ONCE. 

But I heard form the "older" students, that the first year is the worst in this regard, so I see light at the end of the tunnel. :D And other than everything being a bit much, I'm still very much loving it. We are learning soooo much! 

Dancing this week:

Monday I would have had bellydancing class, but it got cancelled/postponed since our teacher got a cold and was "better save than sorry" - fine by me, I had a lot of learning to do. Did a quick stretching session instead, just for moving a little bit.

Tuesday I thought pole - the choreography I wrote on the weekend. Great class, super nice students, had a lot of fun dancing with them. 

Wednesday I took a pole class as a student and learned a lot of crazy stuff (I'll try to get a good picture of this one move today :D Fell in love with it, even though I was super scared to try it xD).

Thursday was Bellydancing Day again, this time it really happened. And was much needed after 4 hours of anatomy lecuture melting my brain... :D I also did a quick stretching session in the afternoon again. 

Friday is gymday, we did legday, felt good even though I was really tired by the time we got there. But I'm super motivated for gym right now as well, I want to be strong enough so safely move my patients around one day... :D (we did the first lesson on "passively moving joints" yesterday, so this is fresh on my mind)

Today I'll teach again, and I plan to get to the studio early and revisit the stuff we learned on Wednesday. 

Tomorrow will be a rest day, maybe some light mobility and stretching, we will see. :)

ETA: I weighted myself at the gym yesterday (I don't own a scale at home other than the kitchen scale :D ) and I'm super stoked that I lost all of my quarantine weight and then some more. It's not a primary goal of mine, but nice to see. And makes getting on the pole a lot easier... In June I started with 86kg, now I'm down to "a little bit below 81". xD Think I might be able to get under 80 this year, that would be so nice!! (I'm tall, it's fine, but I feel best around 76kg, more or less.)

ETA2: Hell yeah, it worked. This is the move I'm working on right now. I love it, it feels much less scary than it looks. xD Learned it wednesday, finally managed to balance it out today. More than once. 😎 My itty bitty flexed foot is still a bit scared, but that will work itself out over time. :) 

VideoCapture_20201003-192618.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/3/2020 at 3:26 AM, Epsilonte said:

ETA2: Hell yeah, it worked. This is the move I'm working on right now. I love it, it feels much less scary than it looks. xD Learned it wednesday, finally managed to balance it out today. More than once. 😎 My itty bitty flexed foot is still a bit scared, but that will work itself out over time. :) 

Glad it's easier than it looks 'cause that looks CRAZY hard. Core and triceps ftw there. 

Good luck with school! I'm sure once you get into a routine, it'll feel easier, and knowing there's a light at the end of the tunnel is super helpful. 

• Like 1

Thank you, Manarelle! :) 

It's really not that bad (the move and school xD), it's more an issue of trusting yourself. :) I like it, my hands are always very slippery but my elbow is rather solid. xD

I feel so bad for not being on here more often... I try to read from time to time and at least like some posts but well, this week I couldn't even accompish that so far... :( But the next few weeks will be a tiny bit lighter, that might help.

So far this week I did a bit better with going to sleep at a reasonable time, mostly because I had to get up really early (like... 6 something am. Normally I'm a 8am person xD) and just need my sleep. xD 

Learning is going well (overall - I'd like more time for anatomy, but everything else is also taking time... But I'm doing something every day, that is nice. :)). Tuesday was great! We got to "play around" with real bones there and that really helped. But since Tuesday started with a doctors appointment at 7am and ended with bone playing (oh that sounds naughty xD) at 9pm, I didn't do much dancing on that day. xD Wednesday as well, my pole class got cancelled since our teacher has a bit of a cold and doesn't want to risk anything with Covid (good choice). Today: I just finished my last zoom lecture of the day (it's 7:30 pm right now) and at 8 my zoom bellydancing class starts, so yay dancing! :) A bit less dancing than I was hoping, but the week is still young, we will see what it will bring to the table. Or dancefloor. :D 

Overall I'm still very happy, albeit a bit exhausted at times.

I wish you all a great week/weekend and hope I can pass by a bit sooner this time... xD

• Like 2

Today I did something super crazy. It's Sunday. We got up at 6 something am aaaaaand... went to the gym. xD 

First half was equal parts awesome (It's easier to just don't think, just do and do your reps without noticing much xD) and exhausting (I'm not a morning person. I never do sports in the morning... except maybe light mobility stuff xD). Second half was just exhausting. xD Over all I feel pretty good but tired now.

It was fun though. :) Might keep that up on the weekends when possible. (Most of the weekdays I have lectures at 8am and I'm definitley not cut out to get up soon enough to go to the gym and back (30 mins one way) plus train before that... xD

Now I did some School stuff, finished baking a chocolate cake and soon we will drive to MIL for her birthday (hence the cake). Not the worst way to spend a Sunday... :D I hope we get back early enough for me to play a bit of Guildwars 2 or Witcher 3 in the evening, that would be awesome.

Have a great Sunday everyone!! :) 

ETA: Oh and yesterday I was at the polestudio again and got my handspring back. Super happy about that as well. :D Twisted grip so far, I'll try true grip next time :D (I'll post a video later maybe, I have one on my phone, just need to upload and stuff... I'm really thinking about making my private instagram public again just for posting pictures and videos here... xD But then all the shadowbanning hassle starts again... *sigh*)

• Like 3

On 10/11/2020 at 6:33 AM, Epsilonte said:

Now I did some School stuff, finished baking a chocolate cake and soon we will drive to MIL for her birthday (hence the cake). Not the worst way to spend a Sunday... :D I hope we get back early enough for me to play a bit of Guildwars 2 or Witcher 3 in the evening, that would be awesome.

That sounds like quite a nice weekend. Not the getting up before the sun, but everything else. And congrats on getting your handspring back, that's a prety significant step, no? 

• Like 1

Yes, it totally is! And it took me such a ridiculous long time to learn it the first time around a few years ago... xD So happy to have that back. :) (It's mostly an issue of my brain not trusting my arms, less an issue of strength... xD). 

Sunday ended in us getting delicious indian food, so: it was a very nice weekend indeed. :)

The new week started quite strong as well. 

Yesterday I only had some short online classes, and so did a lot of learning for myself and I got my very first flu shot*. So far I don't have any negative effects (or effects at all xD), so that is very nice. :) Even went to my dance classes in the evening as usual. I stayed with my now new sleep schedule of 10:30pm to around 7am. Works rather well (she says after just three days... xD).

Spoiler

I have to get a few vaccines for school, since there will be parts of our education where we are working with real patiens in real hospitals, starting next summer. I wanted to get/update some of them anyway, so right now I'm doing about one shot a week. xD (It's only 5 - 6 with the flu - but for some I have to get multiple shots). So far all of them went very well. :) Next week I'll do another two and them I'm finished with round one, wheee. :D 

Some (like measles - so stupid, I got tested, I'm immune against measles and mumps, but not rubella and you can only vaccinate all three at once xD Well, at least this one is free. xD) require a second shot a month later, some half a year to a full year later... so this will be a topic for me for quite some time.

For some reason I actually quite enjoy the whole process. Feels like my immune system gets an update every week... xD

Today was great as well. Got up early again, did my lectures, finished a ton of assignments and on top of that I cooked some nice soup (like... beef stock. From scratch. I do that about once a year, even though it's so easy, just takes way to long... xD I'm not the one usually cooking in this house. xD)

I noticed I eat quite a bit more sugar right now than I did in the last challenge. It's not part of this challenge, but I don't like it... Need to incorporate that in the next challenge again. :) 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

For some reason I actually quite enjoy the whole process. Feels like my immune system gets an update every week... xD

Comforting to the mind, for sure. I got a flu shot this year even though I'm not physically in the office with the [censored] who spreads it every year. Still nice to have that peace of mind. 

• Like 1

Huh, and just like this the challenge ended and I didn't even notice... xD

Ok, this challenge went kinda well and kinda bad - I hit most of my goals mostly. School has taken over everything, but I still managed to dance - not every day, but on most days. :) Sleep was wonky at best. 

I'm so sorry that I didn't have time to come to the forums more often. :( I was much better with this in the last challenge - before school started. xD The first year really is quite intensive. I'm not sure if I'm going to join the next challenge - I kinda want to because challenges are fun and really help, but I know my schedule won't look much different in the next 5 (6) weeks than it did in the last few weeks. We will see...

Challengegoals would be sleeping for sure, better eating (I really struggle with this again since school started... And it was going so well before that too!) and generally surviving. xD 

Thank you everyone who was reading, liking, commenting here. Much appreciated! ❤️ 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Epsilonte said:

Ok, this challenge went kinda well and kinda bad - I hit most of my goals mostly. School has taken over everything, but I still managed to dance - not every day, but on most days. :) Sleep was wonky at best. 

School is a dang good reason to miss some goals. Nt a reason to give up, but an understandable "this is more important."

27 minutes ago, Epsilonte said:

Challengegoals would be sleeping for sure, better eating (I really struggle with this again since school started... And it was going so well before that too!) and generally surviving. xD 

Please do continue to survive! Whether or not you make a challenge on the next forum, please know that people are rooting for you. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2020 at 2:35 PM, Manarelle said:

Please do continue to survive! Whether or not you make a challenge on the next forum, please know that people are rooting for you. 

Thank you so much!! ❤️ Right now I'm leaning towards making a new thread for the next weeks to aid my survival. :D 

• Like 3

On 10/18/2020 at 8:07 AM, Epsilonte said:

Huh, and just like this the challenge ended and I didn't even notice... xD

I'm so sorry that I didn't have time to come to the forums more often. :( I was much better with this in the last challenge - before school started. xD The first year really is quite intensive. I'm not sure if I'm going to join the next challenge - I kinda want to because challenges are fun and really help, but I know my schedule won't look much different in the next 5 (6) weeks than it did in the last few weeks. We will see...

Thank you everyone who was reading, liking, commenting here. Much appreciated! ❤️ 

GET MORE SLEEEEP!

Best of luck with school continuing. ❤️