• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RogueLibrarian

RogueLibrarian: Project Equinox

Well, weight is fluctuating (within normal parameters) but I'm feeling good about the eating habits.

I did kickboxing class last night which wiped me out, and my bad knees are really feeling it today. I'm going to do some kind of run shortly, even if it's just a short/easy one, to keep my stamina training going.

Tomorrow evening is karate belt test (beginner blue belt).

• Like 3

18 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Good luck! You haven't needed it in the past, but know that you've got extra people cheering for you!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

You are just flying through those belts. (Or maybe the past 3 years have just gone really fast.) Either way - badass.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Good luck! You haven't needed it in the past, but know that you've got extra people cheering for you!

Thank you thank you, friends! The instructors have a policy of not approving us to take the tests until they're confident that we're ready to pass, so I go in feeling pretty good about it these days. I'll do some warm-ups this afternoon before this evening's test.

2 hours ago, Asa Pond said:

You are just flying through those belts. (Or maybe the past 3 years have just gone really fast.) Either way - badass.

I think it's option B. :) I still think it was yesterday you were prepping for the LSAT. Thanks bud. :) 

• Like 1

Hi, gang -- 

Down but not out. My last weigh-in was 5 lbs down and 5 to go, so I'm happy with that. I ran 7km on Sunday (with a few uphill walks, but still a PR).

Have not yet taken karate belt test. My instructor forgot, then had to cancel our rescheduled date, and hasn't yet answered my texts about rescheduling this week. I'm losing patience.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Down but not out. My last weigh-in was 5 lbs down and 5 to go, so I'm happy with that. I ran 7km on Sunday (with a few uphill walks, but still a PR).

UHH, DEFINITELY NOT OUT WITH THINGS LIKE THIS IN YOUR UPDATES!

1 hour ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Have not yet taken karate belt test. My instructor forgot, then had to cancel our rescheduled date, and hasn't yet answered my texts about rescheduling this week. I'm losing patience.

😒

• Like 3

1 hour ago, raptron said:

UHH, DEFINITELY NOT OUT WITH THINGS LIKE THIS IN YOUR UPDATES!

Some yoga on Sunday to stretch out my legs (cat participated enthusiastically if not helpfully). Blew off kickboxing class yesterday, but ran another 4.5km today.

1 hour ago, raptron said:

😒

Tomorrow's our regularly scheduled class; I'm at the point where I am once again texting instructor the day of lesson to confirm, and if we don't connect when I do that then I start complaining to someone else.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Tomorrow's our regularly scheduled class; I'm at the point where I am once again texting instructor the day of lesson to confirm, and if we don't connect when I do that then I start complaining to someone else.

Understandable. Hopefully it all comes together today. Good luck, not that you need it!

3 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Karate test scheduled for tomorrow. We'll see! (Still haven't gotten my belt from my previous test.)

GET IT!!!

Hi gang! I'm a little behind on updates, as usual.

• Weight is doing pretty well. Last I checked, I'm stable at 5lbs lost (another 5 to go). I did eat like a pig last night since Ms. Rogue made amazing homemade lasagna.
  • Over the weekend, I ran EIGHT kilometers without a walk break. Before starting this training, my PR was 5km or so. I'm starting to think I can make it to ten for the race in a month.
  • Took kickboxing class yesterday evening, and I definitely need to add push-ups to my regular routine again. I was making good progress on them for a while, and I've let it slip and I can tell a big difference.
  • Not making a lot of headway on the writing goal; need to assess and revise the plan.

Today is yoga/rest/walk.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sylph said:

oh, lasagna---totally worth it.

Right???

In non-fitness news, a friend has been running a remote weekly D&D game since the start of the pandemic, and we're close to wrapping the campaign. We're making him a thank-you package with a dungeon master t-shirt and a custom-made mini -- we're debating whether to get one of him as the DM, or one of the campaign's villain.

Karate teacher didn't show up for my lesson last night. It was my last straw, and I sent him a pissed-off text. He apologized and promised to call me today to make a training plan. We'll see how that goes.

Instead, I went for a run last night and did some yoga this morning.

Oh, that's obnoxious. People who are late and/or flake on commitments are right at the top of my list of pet peeves. Particularly for things I'm paying money for. :(

55 minutes ago, sylph said:

Oh, that's obnoxious. People who are late and/or flake on commitments are right at the top of my list of pet peeves. Particularly for things I'm paying money for. :(

Yep. He's getting the Dad Voice now.

• Like 1

Good resolution! I had a come to Jeebus talk with my karate instructor last night. Results: 1) we're moving our regular one-on-one night to a day when he'll have fewer problems and conflicts, and 2) I'm joining the juniors (teenagers) Zoom class once a week so I'll get an additional day of training every week. (Unspoken benefit: even if he flakes out on me again I'll still have a training day.)

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 6:56 PM, RogueLibrarian said:
  • Over the weekend, I ran EIGHT kilometers without a walk break. Before starting this training, my PR was 5km or so. I'm starting to think I can make it to ten for the race in a month.

Impressive! Great job. Glad you sorted it out with your instructor, hope it works out better this time.

• Like 1