Sylvaa Slows

Sylvaa

So I'm still not doing a great job of updating. I've slowed down the threads I follow outside of the Adventurer's and it's helping me manage my time better, but I also don't get sucked into hours on here like I would before. I'm still working on that balance thing.

I'm still working on getting up earlier. I'm not a great sleeper, so that impacts how successful I really am with this. Last night, I woke up at 1 am and was wide awake (and had to pee). The cat has been consistently waking me up around 6:15 am so that we go downstairs and check her food bowl (seriously, the past few nights, it's been empty, so I've filled it. But last night, I filled it right before we went up to bed and she STILL woke me up to go downstairs with her). So waking up at 6:45 am (which, depending on who you are, isn't even THAT early) is sometimes a struggle. This morning, I didn't even get my reading done! The good news is that I've been taking a lunch break, so that if I don't work out in the morning, I don't wait until the evening to do it either. 

We had a little bit of a setback in our house plans. The builder came back with a cost estimate that was significantly out of our price range (almost $200K more than what we wanted to pay). Right now, we are waiting to hear what the cost drivers are - to see if it's a matter of building materials, house size, or "extras". We're working on game plans depending on what we find out. We still have plenty of time to finalize everything before it is a set back, so it's not a huge issue, but at the same time, I wish it would have been easier.

I've also been bingeing Scooby-Doo on Netflix. I'm really salty though, the original Scooby-Doo Where Are You? is on Amazon, but you have to pay for it. It's literally a million years old. What the crap?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

I've also been bingeing Scooby-Doo on Netflix. I'm really salty though, the original Scooby-Doo Where Are You? is on Amazon, but you have to pay for it. It's literally a million years old. What the crap?

How else is Bezos going to move from being one of the richest people on the planet to being one of the richierest people on the planet? The man's gotta eat.

• Haha 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

How else is Bezos going to move from being one of the richest people on the planet to being one of the richierest people on the planet? The man's gotta eat.

I'm so unfeeling. How dare I not take Bezos' feelings into consideration!

On a side note: I am now watching Mystery Incorporated and while I love the fact it has a pretty involved story line through Season 1, I hate Velma in it so far.

• Like 3

Updating my thread while I have a "break" at work (or 30 minutes between meetings - same thing).

Work has been derailing all of my goals. Seriously, on a good day, I only have 5 meetings (for reference, today I have 8....8!). So I've been struggling to actually you know get work done during work hours. Also, I'm just mentally done by the time I get through all that noise. I've found that cooking dinner is helpful, because it just gets my mind off of pretty much everything, but I'm struggling. Next week, I've taken two vacation days (okay, so I maxed out on vacation time and am not accruing, I did this to not lose my rightful vacation time). I'm hoping I'll actually get to use them as vacation days. The good news is that I'm being recognized for the work I am doing, but it's still a lot. 

I have consistently been working out. I've been taking a lunch break during the day and using that time to workout. It's actually working out better than the morning for me as it gives me a much needed break AND doesn't require me to get up. I even block it off as a daily meeting so I continue to get that time. 

We did get some information back on what the cost drivers are with our new house build and it ended up that we had to go back to the drawing board all together. So we put together a list of 4 houses that we liked to see if the costs of those would be significantly less than the original plan. I'm totally okay with this - they estimated that the total square footage of the initial house we discussed would be about 3700, which is bigger than we wanted anyway! We still have time to finalize decisions and get everything going to begin building in the spring, which was my biggest worry AND we have a fall back plan if none of the four designs will significantly decrease our costs.

• Like 6
On 10/1/2020 at 9:47 AM, Sylvaa said:

So waking up at 6:45 am (which, depending on who you are, isn't even THAT early) is sometimes a struggle.

If they can get away with it, they'll just hoover up more and still pester you 😛    And yes, 5am every morning kinda-guy.

On 10/1/2020 at 11:33 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The man's gotta eat...

...pure bars of gold for his lifetime and still wouldn't lose money.

On 10/7/2020 at 10:43 AM, Sylvaa said:

(for reference, today I have 8....8!)

i have 8 different bosses when i make a mistake , i have 8 people telling  me about it - Peter Gibbons | Meme Generator

• Like 1
  • Haha 1