Spezzy the Skírnir starts a new chapter...

spezzy

CHALLENGE FORMAT UPDATE 9/27

Decided instead of very specific goals, I'm shifting the format to work on creating and developing my own personal character (as I'm having a ton of fun creating characters in Pathfinder and learning the rules there). 

This should help me focus on enjoying the journey more, and not focusing on specific numbers I need to hit with my lifts. 

spezzy.jpg

Spezzy is known to be a fierce warrior, running headfirst into battle with little fear or thought for the consequences. Adrenaline and the excitement of the game have always been a driving factor, though over the years the wear and tear of these battles is starting to take a toll on her, both mentally and physically. Wounds from old battles are starting to pile up, and she is often in some sort of minor pain as the excitement of rushing back into battle has not allowed her to properly recover.

While Spezzy is known for her desire to help and assist, she also prides herself in being fiercely independent, to a fault - she has always struggled with accepting help from others, and has focused on battles she can conquer on her own. Over the years, she has put up very thick walls around herself as a form of protection, accepting a life of solitude where the only one she can truly count on is herself. 

While prepping for battle earlier this year, she experienced a mighty blow, and suddenly found herself in a new city, alone, hiding out in exile from her previous life and being forced to start anew. While she had previously understood that a longer break from battle was necessary, she always struggled with the restraint necessary to prevent her from going in, head first.  However, exile has forced her to take a step back and refocus, as there were no battles to be had. 

She has spent much of this year building this new life, healing, and reflecting on her previous ways. Determined to come out of this a stronger fighter than ever before, she has focused on learning spells, magic, and starting to build on some of her skills that she has not explored before. As a primary focus, Spezzy has worked extensively on learning to control her own emotions so that when a battle arises, she can use her intelligence and not just sheer excitement to push to victory, and also understand when to scale back when necessary. 

As she gets older (and hopefully wiser), she hopes to jump back into battle a little different than before - using her knowledge to help with strategy and, begrudgingly, maybe even start to accept help from others. 

Which leads us up to today, which is perfect timing, as Spezzy has been approached about a new job, working with another to eliminate a creature that has taken up residence in a nearby tower.  Even though she is unsure of how she has been found, she has decided to take this contract - as it has been a while since she has worked and could use the income. However, this will test her newfound skills, as she has been informed this is not a job for a singular person, and that she will not be alone in this adventure.

divider2.png

Spezzy is a Skírnir, of the Magus class. She appears to be human, however, it would not be a surprise if she has some elvish ancestors, especially with her magical abilities, desire to be private, shameless introvertedness, and love for nature. 

She has dedicated her life to learning and unlocking the secrets of magic, while also still being an incredibly strong fighter. As a Skírnir, specifically, Spezzy uses magic to infuse her shield to assist her in battle.  

She has spent much of her time over the last few years focusing on building her strength - learning to be a fierce warrior and a master of her axe, sword, and shield. 

However, as a lifelong student, it is time for her to move on to her next pursuit and is ready for a new skill to master. She will continue to practice her strength skills to maintain, as they will be useful, but will be shifting her focus to build her dexterity, a skill that has become lacking in her pursuit to be the highest level warrior there is. 

Right now, she relies heavily on her strength to brute force her way through battle, but is hoping to learn new skills and spells to help her become a more well-rounded fighter, as well as have the knowledge to assist others in battle instead of just screaming in and fending for herself. 

Being chaotic good, Spezzy has an intense desire to help others and to do what is right - she, however, questions everything, including authority and rules, to make sure that what is going on also aligns with her own moral compass. 

Offensive Skills:
[Spell Combat]: The ability to cast spells and wield her weapons at the same time. As she has been focusing on her strength and fighting skills primarily, Spezzy has lost some of her ability to move the way she used to. At least 30 minutes of mobility and rehab work daily. Deals half of a damage point (.5) per day, for a total possibility of three and a half (3.5) per week. 

[Spellstrike]: Whenever she casts a spell, she can deliver the spell through the weapon she is wielding as a part of a melee attack. To master this, Spezzy must work on strength that builds her muscle-up, handstand, and Olympic lifting skills at least 3x per week.  Deals one (1) damage each for a total of three (3) damage weekly. 

[Magus Arcana - Hasted Assault]: This allows her to spend from her Arcane Pool to move more quickly. In her quest for the mastery of her Warrior skills, Spezzy has lost some speed. To complete this, Spezzy must move quickly for at least 15 minutes, every day.    Deals half of a damage point (.5) per day, for a total possibility of three and a half (3.5) per week. 

Discipline Abilities:
[Arcane Pool]:  A reservoir of mystical arcane energy that she can draw upon to fuel her powers and enhance her weapon. For this challenge, to help with her arcane pool, Spezzy must drink at least 1 gallon of water daily. 

[Spell Recall]: This gives Spezzy the ability to recall spells she has already cast. Before Spezzy became a Warrior, she was a writer and a musician. She must write and play music for at least 5 minutes a day. Can combine up to 2 days into one (so 10 minutes).

[Spellbooks]: Any magi must study their spellbook each day to prepare her spells. Spend 10 minutes at the end of each night planning the next day.

Here is how the challenge game will work:

A+ collective completion from party of Offensive Skill goals results in Boss kill (2x 10 dmg each against 20HP).

One (1) damage taken (-1 hp) if any Offensive Skill goal is missed.

Regenerate One (1) health point for every A+ weekly Discipline Abilities score.

Week 1:

Week 2:

Week 3 (END): 

• Like 10
  • That's Metal 2
Spezzy, the Arcane Skirmisher
Chaotic Good Quarter Elf Slayer/Magus
STR: 21 / DEX: 17 / CON: 14 / INT: 15 / CHA 15
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

https://tenor.com/VNUD.gif

I'm here for the backflips.

• Haha 4

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

24 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Let's hope they go even half as good as that gif 😂😂😂 

also

giphy.gif 

:)

• Like 1
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
58 minutes ago, spezzy said:
*flexibility is a big thing holding me back on any sort of flips

I feel like everyone I know has an issue with flexibility.

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

My Fitness Pal - inactive

Following in this different home! And gah - a Gallon of water. I have a ‘drink enough water’ goal in my challenge as well, but I think I’d float away with a gallon. 

Level 75 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

5 hours ago, spezzy said:

I'm just a ranger with some warrior like stats.

200.gif

When you gonna change your guild crest? ;)

However, I do have ONE goal here, and that's to focus on water.

--> I will drink a gallon a day.

giphy.gif

I used to write, both words and music. I want to be that Spezzy again. 

You never stopped being that Spezzy, you just got out of a habit you want to get back into.

Will add gifs and tracker later!

Can't help with the tracker but

tenor.gif?itemid=5202354

tenor.gif?itemid=9440302

5 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

That reminds me of a time in Georgia when I launched some people into a lake who did some unintended flips of their own.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

34 minutes ago, bigm141414 said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=11096319

GleefulSparklingCooter-small.gif

She's one of us now. You can still visit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Here to cheer you on as you do all the things!

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

8 hours ago, spezzy said:

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

What @Tanktimus the Encourager said. 

Hello and welcome back. Good to see you again. :) 

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

7 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

I feel like everyone I know has an issue with flexibility.

ha, yeah :) And you don't realize it until you try to do something and your body just will not go to where you want it to go. 

3 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Following in this different home! And gah - a Gallon of water. I have a ‘drink enough water’ goal in my challenge as well, but I think I’d float away with a gallon. 

I find that everything runs so much smoother when I'm at 1 gallon +, ESPECIALLY on long workout days or double workout days! It's tough to get in at first, though haha

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

When you gonna change your guild crest? ;)

You never stopped being that Spezzy, you just got out of a habit you want to get back into.

Can't help with the tracker but

That reminds me of a time in Georgia when I launched some people into a lake who did some unintended flips of their own.

aw, Camp ❤️

And give me time. I'm still getting used to this myself 😂 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Dusk said:

Ugh mobility!! I need to work on that too. How do you go about trying to improve this?

Also, hi, you’re cool :panda:

Mobility is fun! Combination of different types of stretching to increase range of motion and then building strength in that new range of motion :)

I got started learning about it with Mobility WOD back in the day, but now I'm trained in it and teach it :)  Is there an area you're looking at specifically or kind of all over?

2 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

&1

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• That's Metal 1
2 hours ago, bigm141414 said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=11096319

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Here to cheer you on as you do all the things!

giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

What @Tanktimus the Encourager said. 

Hello and welcome back. Good to see you again. :) 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e471i0dvdsaedmpk48h1e

27 minutes ago, spezzy said:

ha, yeah :) And you don't realize it until you try to do something and your body just will not go to where you want it to go. 

I used to think my hamstrings were the tightest portion of my body. Nope, apparently it's my calves. So much that walking in flats for more than a few hours makes my lower back hurt. So I have a love/hate relationship with stretching/flexibility/mobility in general. 

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

My Fitness Pal - inactive

2 hours ago, spezzy said:

Mobility is fun! Combination of different types of stretching to increase range of motion and then building strength in that new range of motion :)

I got started learning about it with Mobility WOD back in the day, but now I'm trained in it and teach it :)  Is there an area you're looking at specifically or kind of all over?

Ah, ok! Nice! I'll check out that youtube channel, thank you. I'm pretty inflexible all over hahah but my neck and shoulders are especially bad.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dusk said:

Ah, ok! Nice! I'll check out that youtube channel, thank you. I'm pretty inflexible all over hahah but my neck and shoulders are especially bad.

working on some more official nf content on this topic too :) :) :) 

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1
2 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

I used to think my hamstrings were the tightest portion of my body. Nope, apparently it's my calves. So much that walking in flats for more than a few hours makes my lower back hurt. So I have a love/hate relationship with stretching/flexibility/mobility in general. 

it's amazing what it can be, isn't it? Our bodies are so connected! 

• Like 2

That might be the most rangeriest challenge we've ever seen. 

giphy.gif

But we totally are worthy... sorta.

Glad to have you with us, your journey has always been very inspiring.

• Like 4

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

10 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

That might be the most rangeriest challenge we've ever seen. 

But we totally are worthy... sorta.

Glad to have you with us, your journey has always been very inspiring.

I definitely caught a case of the rangerbrain 😂 

and not sorta! 

excited to challenge along with y'all :D

(and thank you!)

• Like 5

Welcome to the Ranger corps, look forward to seeing you smash this challenge.

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Worms - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

Someone posted this somewhere a while ago.  I keep meaning to do it or something like it since I am not bendy either. 

THE GET BENDY 6-WEEK FLEXIBILITY CHALLENGE

• Like 2

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar