• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Spezzy the Skírnir starts a new chapter...

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CHALLENGE FORMAT UPDATE 9/27 Decided instead of very specific goals, I'm shifting the format to work on creating and developing my own personal character (as I'm having a ton of fun creating characte

WOW this must be a good time for a challenge if I'm on page 2 after not posting for a day  Y'all are rocking it.    So a few things.   First, I set up a tracker in my kitchen so

Hello, I come bearing updates!   First, and most importantly, I am now officially a resident of the state of Michigan and I am registered to vote  🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸   The process was a PITA

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Jarric said:

Welcome to the Ranger corps, look forward to seeing you smash this challenge.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e475wejplfn2mauokeddl

5 hours ago, Rinna said:

Someone posted this somewhere a while ago.  I keep meaning to do it or something like it since I am not bendy either. 

THE GET BENDY 6-WEEK FLEXIBILITY CHALLENGE

Thanks for sharing! :)

4 hours ago, Big_Show said:

All of the things is many things.  Enjoy!

all+the+things.png

:D

4 hours ago, doctorake said:

Following!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47du6nb85lgmdyz3yt00

• Like 3

Tracker Template for future weeks!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  
GYMNASTICS                
Handstands                
Mobility                
Core                
Muscle-Up Work                
LIFTING                
Strength                
Oly Technique                
ENDURANCE                
Run                
MISC                
Hip Rehab                
NUTRITION                
Gallon of Water                
MINDSET                
Journaling / Meditation                
Music                

• Like 4

Last few days:

Workouts:

(I go on a few 15-20 minute walks a day, not including those here!)

Thursday:

20 sets of 5 on chin-ups

Then some kettlebell/burpee madness.

+ Stretching/mobility

Friday:

Stretching/mobility

Long Walk

Saturday:

Snatch (worked up to 125 today, which I was pleased with for my second snatch session back since my long break, feels super on track for end of year)

Drop Snatch

Clean and Push Jerk

Feet up Bench Press

Rest will come later tonight :)

Water: Have been hitting this goal, but making a note to purchase a gallon water jug so I can keep track that way - right now I'm keeping track by the liter and 20oz bottle and it is just a pain in the butt. 

Journaling has been going well but meditation hasn't, so will add that in starting when we officially start tomorrow :)

• Like 6
2 hours ago, spezzy said:

Then some kettlebell/burpee madness.

Why would you even...?

puke__or_die_large.gif?93165052417334798

My reaction if it was anything like my kettlebell workout was the other day.  Ugh!

Snatch (worked up to 125 today, which I was pleased with for my second snatch session back since my long break, feels super on track for end of year)

tenor.gif?itemid=11867262

Love the extra drama at the end.

2 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

loving your tracker template!

also: I count water by cups and hate it too. In Germany they don't sell jugs, only 1.5 liter bottles.. 

rock on! :)

Thank you! 

I'd be lost without my gallon jugs, haha. Before COVID I'd always have one with me, gotta get back to that!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Why would you even...?

puke__or_die_large.gif?93165052417334798

My reaction if it was anything like my kettlebell workout was the other day.  Ugh!

It was actually more like this:

fbcd817c71867c91f431616fdeb4d928.jpg

If you replace running with burpees

1 hour ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11867262

Love the extra drama at the end.

I believed I mentioned in my initial post that being graceful is something I am still working on 😬 😬 😬 

• Like 2

WOW this must be a good time for a challenge if I'm on page 2 after not posting for a day :) :) :) Y'all are rocking it. 

So a few things.

First, I set up a tracker in my kitchen so I can keep track of things there - I think this will help make it more in my face so I will remember to do the things :)

image.png

Second, today still has a bit of time for me to finish up goals, but I decided to opt for a lighter home workout today as my hamstrings have been absolutely destroyed since a few hamstring centric workouts last week, and I felt like they needed an extra day to heal without ANY work at all on them, so stuck with upper body and core. 

image.png

• Like 9
  • That's Metal 1
On 9/13/2020 at 12:59 AM, spezzy said:

If you replace running with burpees

62049903.jpg

This was supposed to post on 9/13, but the forums saved it.

For the water, do you drink directly from the jug or pour into something else? Cause if it's the latter, just buying a gallon of drinking water can be a decent short term solution till you find something that works long term.

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

62049903.jpg

This was supposed to post on 9/13, but the forums saved it.

For the water, do you drink directly from the jug or pour into something else? Cause if it's the latter, just buying a gallon of drinking water can be a decent short term solution till you find something that works long term.

Right now I'm drinking out of a glass but just because I don't have any jugs :) The gallons of drinking water are what I normally drink out of, I just go to the store so infrequently now because covid. Felix thinks that they are toys so I have to be careful when they are empty because he will steal them and eat them so I am constantly needing to buy new ones 😂 

And yes. Burpees are always a bad idea hahaha

3 hours ago, doctorake said:

I love the dry erase board. I think I may have to find mine.

I have a few, haha. That one is the one in my kitchen and it's my "command center". I use it to jot down any sort of notes or things I want to remember / to make notes when I'm cooking. I'd be lost without it :)

• Like 4

4TXoQmR.gif

soooo challenge has thrown me a bit of a curveball, but gonna just adjust. 

I jacked up my shoulder 2 nights ago sleeping (welcome to your mid to late 30's, spezzy 😂 ). I know what's going on but it still hurts a lot and it's in my rhomboid and my traps and lats which basically means most movements are out, including squats, deads, etc. 

Past Staci would go to the gym and push through it, but 2020 Staci doesn't do that, so instead I called my physical therapist and am working to set up a time with her and have been focusing on taking care of it.

I'm not sure how long it's going to be before it feels better (usually about a week, this isn't a new thing for me), but that means a few goals are going to need to go on hold for this week at least:

Running, Oly, Strength

I will still do some strength work, just not the workouts I was planning on doing as I have to be very careful, especially since everything is connected and when my shoulder is jacked up, it affects my hip. Typically when my shoulder does this swimming is good, so going to push to prioritize finding a pool, too. 

I'm also rethinking having very specific number goals for the end of the year - this is just how I've always done challenges and I get excited about big numbers, but my priorities have really changed this year and I don't care as much about the numbers, and I hate that if I focus on taking care of myself, I feel like I'm letting my goals down, and this was a great reminder of that. 

I also have a lot of really important videos to film for work that I need my shoulder to be functional for, and that's going to be a thing that doesn't stop for the rest of the year - and that's kind of a big deal, so that feels more important than specific lift numbers. 

giphy.gif

The good news is I've been using the extra time that I would be using to work out to kick butt on my Adulting list, which was not a goal here in this challenge, but getting a lot of those things set up will help me with my challenge goals :)

One of those adulting goals is that I got my new internet installed today, after months of having super crappy unreliable internet, and while it's way more $$ it will be worth it and I can't believe how much faster things are already getting done just because the internet is working haha.

So anyway, not the best update but not a bad update either. Journaling is going really well and that's been helping me think through a lot of this stuff.

My real overarching goal for 2020 is / has been to fall in love with myself again, and I have been kicking butt at that goal, this year really is turning out to be an amazing year for me (minus, you know, the pandemic) and giving myself the freedom to heal without feeling like a failure feels like it aligns with that goal, even if it means I have to shift my athletic goals a little bit.

More soon :)

• Like 6
1 minute ago, spezzy said:

My real overarching goal for 2020 is / has been to fall in love with myself again, and I have been kicking butt at that goal, this year really is turning out to be an amazing year for me (minus, you know, the pandemic) and giving myself the freedom to heal without feeling like a failure feels like it aligns with that goal, even if it means I have to shift my athletic goals a little bit.

This is a really good headspace to live in, I'm very happy you are in it.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, spezzy said:

I'm also rethinking having very specific number goals for the end of the year - this is just how I've always done challenges and I get excited about big numbers, but my priorities have really changed this year and I don't care as much about the numbers, and I hate that if I focus on taking care of myself, I feel like I'm letting my goals down, and this was a great reminder of that. 

I also have a lot of really important videos to film for work that I need my shoulder to be functional for, and that's going to be a thing that doesn't stop for the rest of the year - and that's kind of a big deal, so that feels more important than specific lift numbers. 

So basically if you manage to have a routine and do all of this stuff without collapsing/hurting yourself (sleeping injuries notwithstanding) you win. :D

I jacked up my shoulder 2 nights ago sleeping (welcome to your mid to late 30's, spezzy 😂 ). 

It happens in the early 40s too. Just in case you needed more reasons to look forward to them. ;) 

I've been doing gentle stretching of my shoulders and neck and that seems to help. So the good news is that talking to an actual professional will most likely give actual effective help :) 

That looks awesome!

I recommend rinsing it out with vinegar or soap, or something else that cleans it, every evening. If the inside of the jug is even the slightest bit uneven, bacteria can attach to that spot and grow mold. Ask me how I know. 😛 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

It happens in the early 40s too. Just in case you needed more reasons to look forward to them.

Hah! And it takes longer to recover.  Talking to a professional early is a good idea, since talking to them later and having to say "no, I didn't do anything specific, it's just an years-long on going thing that became this" is kind of ... embarrassing.  :)   Much like Scaly Freak, as me how I know.  :P

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This is a really good headspace to live in, I'm very happy you are in it.

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

So basically if you manage to have a routine and do all of this stuff without collapsing/hurting yourself (sleeping injuries notwithstanding) you win. :D

Yeah :) I definitely need to rethink on how to shape these goals. Enjoying the process and the journey is a goal, but my logical spock brain says I need numbers hahaha

16 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

It happens in the early 40s too. Just in case you needed more reasons to look forward to them. ;) 

I've been doing gentle stretching of my shoulders and neck and that seems to help. So the good news is that talking to an actual professional will most likely give actual effective help :) 

4 hours ago, Chesire said:

Hah! And it takes longer to recover.  Talking to a professional early is a good idea, since talking to them later and having to say "no, I didn't do anything specific, it's just an years-long on going thing that became this" is kind of ... embarrassing.  :)   Much like Scaly Freak, as me how I know.  :P

haha yeah, and this is something that's been on and off for about 10 years now so when I woke up and it was hurting, it wasn't a surprise, it was more "oh not this again" haha. I've just always had more "pressing" injuries than the old nagging one to focus on, but calling her and being like "NOPE IT IS TIME TO ATTACK THE SHOULDER" felt good and healing. 

And her and I work really well together where I can bring to her what I know and tell her what I've been doing, what I've tried, and then we brainstorm, so it's a really great relationship overall. 

• Like 6