• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Spezzy the Skírnir starts a new chapter...

15 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

That looks awesome!

I recommend rinsing it out with vinegar or soap, or something else that cleans it, every evening. If the inside of the jug is even the slightest bit uneven, bacteria can attach to that spot and grow mold. Ask me how I know. 😛 

ha yeah this will last a few days and then I'll get a new one (it's just a gallon from the store). I typically will fill it up and night and put it in the fridge to prevent anything from growing. That would be bad news hahaha

• Like 1
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CHALLENGE FORMAT UPDATE 9/27 Decided instead of very specific goals, I'm shifting the format to work on creating and developing my own personal character (as I'm having a ton of fun creating characte

WOW this must be a good time for a challenge if I'm on page 2 after not posting for a day  Y'all are rocking it.    So a few things.   First, I set up a tracker in my kitchen so

Hello, I come bearing updates!   First, and most importantly, I am now officially a resident of the state of Michigan and I am registered to vote  🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸   The process was a PITA

Posted Images

Hello, I come bearing updates!

First, and most importantly, I am now officially a resident of the state of Michigan and I am registered to vote :D 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸

The process was a PITA but glad it's over now. (Took about 3 weeks to even get the appointment to get my ID 😳 ) but that's another topic entirely. 

Anyway, all things considered, last week went really well. I didn't hit many of my goals, but because my shoulder was legit messed up. It's still not great but better than it was, and I feel confident jumping back into training again (I went to the gym yesterday). 

My weight is currently maintaining right around that 147 mark, which is good because I felt like I was losing weight a little too fast, so I've been trying to increase my intake by a little bit. 

Workout yesterday -  Deadlifts, GHR, GHD, Handstands, Mobility. I tried to do some cleans, too, but my shoulder/lat weren't having it, so called that quick. 

Goals otherwise for last week, here's my tracker: 

image.png

So as you can see, I kicked water's butt. 

Journaling has been going great, though I'm not doing the headspace part yet. Will add that in this week!

I didn't do any music this week, I've been adjusting to a new schedule and some changes to my personal life, AND spent a lot of time getting my ID so I could vote / setting up my new character for Pathfinder, so - I've just not prioritized it and I'm okay with that. 

Rehab and mobility are going great. 

I didn't run and skipped muscleup work and some strength work because of my shoulder, but like previously mentioned I'm fine with that. 

In other news, I'm considering getting some sort of cardio equipment for my apartment, for a few reasons, but one big one being that if a second wave of COVID hits here, AND we have snow - I want to have something NOW just in case. I just need to figure out where to put it because my apartment is mostly workout stuff now hahaha (my place is only around 500sq ft). Maybe that's just how it's going to be, though :) 

• Like 7
21 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

May I suggest

b027c23d551e5ab5e8cb3a035a3a288d.jpg

I'm going to need these, hahaha. Michigan is not known for easy winters! Thankfully I have a parking garage with cover that I don't have to maintain anything to do with it, but the roads are still gonna be crap and after living in Texas for so long, it's gonna take me a winter to get used to driving in the snow again.

Also, I have a honda fit, which ... yeah. Not the best snow car hahaha.

20 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Gallon jugs help! 

And congratulations on the new mindset, especially since it seems like it's letting you be happy with yourself :) 

I'm so happy right now :)

And yeah! Makes a nice difference and makes it easy ot see where I'm at. I'm actually going way over the gallon, now!

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm glad you can make lifting serve you instead of you serving lifting.

ME TOO. The best :) I feel more and more like me again every day!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

😍 that mindset win! 

The best kind of win!

5 hours ago, Jarric said:

Great to hear about the mindset shift, it sounds like you've got a really healthy way of looking at things.

What are you playing for your new Pathfinder character?

Trying! :D

Her name is Zorah, and she's a rogue knife master :) Pretty stoked - last character was a bloodrager so completely different and way more up my alley. Have been really enjoying writing her story and learning about her this last week! We had zero week Sunday and DM thinks she should be low templar, so building that in. 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2
14 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

My wife’s Honda Fit handles the snow really well as long as it isn’t deeper than the oil pan, but that probably happens a lot in Michigan. And snow shoes are great cardio if you can get to a place to use them.

Yeah! Actually when I lived in Massachusetts I used to go snow shoeing all the time :) Gotta find some winter focused groups of friends here haha.

Mine is a sport and is very low to the ground (yeah, I know, the word sport shouldn't be on anything that you need to turn the air conditioning off to get up to speed on the highway) sooooo it's gonna be fun. 😬 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, spezzy said:

Yeah! Actually when I lived in Massachusetts I used to go snow shoeing all the time :) Gotta find some winter focused groups of friends here haha.

Mine is a sport and is very low to the ground (yeah, I know, the word sport shouldn't be on anything that you need to turn the air conditioning off to get up to speed on the highway) sooooo it's gonna be fun. 😬 

You need one of them sky-jacked pickups from down here in Texas ;) 

6 hours ago, spezzy said:

I mean. I've seen your handstands 😂 

😬😬😬😬😬

also I'll just leave this here

That was a totally unnecessary flex 😋

It's a good thing I'm tough to damage otherwise I'd be short another cat life! #only3left #gottahordethemall

Although, how many exercised induced concussions is too many? 🤔

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Too light in back, fishtails all over*. Get a Subbie. If you can’t get through in that you ought to be taking a snow day anyway.

*I realize you are being facetious, but I like talking about driving in the snow.

I drive a 16 Subaru Outback and it's unstoppable on basically any surface. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

That was a totally unnecessary flex 😋

It's a good thing I'm tough to damage otherwise I'd be short another cat life! #only3left #gottahordethemall

Although, how many exercised induced concussions is too many? 🤔

I was referring to the SECOND video on that post, where I fell on my face and cut open my arm pretty bad hahahaha. NOT the first one 😛

With only 3 lives left, and that concussion question.... maybe handstands aren't the best goal hahah

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You need one of them sky-jacked pickups from down here in Texas ;) 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Too light in back, fishtails all over*. Get a Subbie. If you can’t get through in that you ought to be taking a snow day anyway.

*I realize you are being facetious, but I like talking about driving in the snow.

9 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I drive a 16 Subaru Outback and it's unstoppable on basically any surface. 

I actually looked at subarus earlier this year when I realized I was moving back north, and that was my number one choice, but decided I liked not having a car payment better 😬 

Gonna end up doing what I used to do and fill up the back with sand/kitty litter/etc and rugs and hope for the best. 

Gym + Pathfinder are 1.5 miles away, I can get groceries delivered, and most of the rest of my social life doesn't include driving, so that will help!

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, spezzy said:

I was referring to the SECOND video on that post, where I fell on my face and cut open my arm pretty bad hahahaha. NOT the first one 😛

With only 3 lives left, and that concussion question.... maybe handstands aren't the best goal hahah

This is an accurate depiction of my life usually 🤣

UnpleasantAncientCondor-size_restricted.

1 hour ago, spezzy said:

Gonna end up doing what I used to do and fill up the back with sand/kitty litter/etc and rugs and hope for the best. 

The internet has told me it doesn't really matter what you drive as long as your tires are right for snow. I have, of course, no firsthand experience of this, I have simply read accounts of people claiming to drive Yugos in Colorado Mountains in snow with snow tires and no problems.

34 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The internet has told me it doesn't really matter what you drive as long as your tires are right for snow. I have, of course, no firsthand experience of this, I have simply read accounts of people claiming to drive Yugos in Colorado Mountains in snow with snow tires and no problems.

hah, I grew up in an area with a ton of snow and can confirm that while tires do make a difference, what you're driving also makes a huge difference :) The fit did fine as long as I weighted it and was careful and didn't try to drive through anything too deep so just going to be careful :) I drove a Yaris for many years in the snow, and a Civic before that, so I'm not too worried!

• Like 2

I’ll defer to Rurik (Canada > Minnesota in this case), but in the days of rear wheel drive, which pick ups are, you needed to put weight in your trunk to make sure your rear end wasn’t sliding around, even with snow tires. Around here they sell tubes of sand to put in the back of your truck.

ETA I’ll also defer to Spezzy’s own experience.

Front wheel drives all handle fairly well in the snow because the weight is right over the wheels. Snow tires help, but if you live somewhere where they’re good at plowing, I wouldn’t bother.

Back in the day I had a friend with a Yugo; there’s no way you’re going to convince that would get up a mountain on the best of days.

Thanks for allowing me to be off-topic Spezzy. I’ll give you your thread back now. default_smile.png

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’ll defer to Rurik (Canada > Minnesota in this case), but in the days of rear wheel drive, which pick ups are, you needed to put weight in your trunk to make sure your rear end wasn’t sliding around, even with snow tires. Around here they sell tubes of sand to put in the back of your truck.

ETA I’ll also defer to Spezzy’s own experience.

Front wheel drives all handle fairly well in the snow because the weight is right over the wheels. Snow tires help, but if you live somewhere where they’re good at plowing, I wouldn’t bother.

Back in the day I had a friend with a Yugo; there’s no way you’re going to convince that would get up a mountain on the best of days.

Thanks for allowing me to be off-topic Spezzy. I’ll give you your thread back now. default_smile.png

Yeah, I'm going to say Rurik has the best experience here hahaha. Even Massachusetts doesn't top Canada for snow!

One of my requirements moving here was a parking garage, and I got that, and I live in an apartment complex, so while I do already have a shovel and an emergency kit in my car (and AAA), I will hopefully not need to use them at all. 

I never mind off topic btw :)

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

My mother had one from the time I was in 5th grade till I was a sophomore in high school. It was the family car, and I had to ride in the backseat many, many times.

She hasn't had it for 24 years and I still HATE that care with the fire of a thousand suns.

• Like 1