Spezzy the Skírnir starts a new chapter...

spezzy

Just now, Heather D. said:

I just resurrected my NF account to say HELL YES YOU CAN DO THIS GIRL.

Also play bass with me. Pls. 🎸

YESSSSSS HELLO PLS STAY FOR A WHILE :D

giphy.gif

• Like 1
Spezzy, the Arcane Skirmisher
Chaotic Good Quarter Elf Slayer/Magus
STR: 21 / DEX: 17 / CON: 14 / INT: 15 / CHA 15
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

It has arrived, 3 days early :D

20200928_115730.jpg

• Like 3
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Have fun putting the bike together.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Just now, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Have fun putting the bike together.

I am one of those weird people who love putting things together. I am strangely excited about this 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3
Just now, spezzy said:

I am one of those weird people who love putting things together. I am strangely excited about this 🤣🤣🤣

There is absolutely nothing strange about finding enjoyment in building something. Especially not something you look forward to using when it has been built. :) 

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26

18 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

There is absolutely nothing strange about finding enjoyment in building something. Especially not something you look forward to using when it has been built. :) 

It is kind of like adult Legos hahaha. Ikea is one of my favorite events because that means I can build stuff after :D

i really struggle with not wanting roots and also wanting to buy a house so I can have a space with tools so that I can build things out of real wood without instructions. One day maybe I will just get a cheap place as a home base so I can have both that AND be pretty rootless :)

• Like 1

LOOK WHAT HAS ARRIVED :D

also you can see the beginnings of my new workout space behind it :)

20200929_002847.jpg

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1
20 minutes ago, spezzy said:

LOOK WHAT HAS ARRIVED :D

also you can see the beginnings of my new workout space behind it :)

20200929_002847.jpg

The once mighty Warrior has truly embraced her Rangerbrain™ it seems 🤣 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Current:   Cry Havoc™: Bladesong of the Warhawk

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Monday, Sept 28

Weight: 148

New bike arrived so put it together :D

3 walks with Felix but don't really have a goal around that :)

Took my new bike for a spin (😬 ) for 15 min to practice hasted assault, and stretched throughout the day to accumulate my spell combat.

For spellbooks, talked out some scheduling stuff that should help with getting enough sleep moving forward, and started to set up a system that used to work really well for me, but I stopped when covid hit. 

New tracker 

⚔️ = done

☠️ = still needs to be done this week

Offensive Skills:
[Spell Combat]: ⚔️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ 

[Spellstrike]: ☠️ ☠️ ☠️  
[Magus Arcana - Hasted Assault]: ⚔️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ 

Discipline Abilities:
[Arcane Pool]:  ⚔️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ 

[Spell Recall]: ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️

[Spellbooks]: ⚔️☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ 
  • Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

I love the black and red on the bike, looks like NF colors. I also want to compliment the bass hanging on the wall* and the juxtaposition of the foam roller and the kettle bell on the windowsill. 

*Ranger videos are a thing, when do we get a video of you slapping that bass? 

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

8 hours ago, spezzy said:

For spellbooks, talked out some scheduling stuff that should help with getting enough sleep moving forward, and started to set up a system that used to work really well for me, but I stopped when covid hit. 

New tracker 

⚔️ = done

☠️ = still needs to be done this week

One of the most metal trackers yet to surface on these forums. (That I have seen anyway.) 

What is this sleep system you speak of? I am intrigued.

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26

12 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

The once mighty Warrior has truly embraced her Rangerbrain™ it seems 🤣 

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I love the black and red on the bike, looks like NF colors. I also want to compliment the bass hanging on the wall* and the juxtaposition of the foam roller and the kettle bell on the windowsill. 

*Ranger videos are a thing, when do we get a video of you slapping that bass? 

hahaha yeah I have been rearranging my apartment to make room for a gym. Just moved my keyboard into my bedroom so the bass will probably head in there soon, too, since that space will also be a filming space for work as well and I think that's going to be the best wall for handstand work. 

For bass videos though? Real, super honest answer? When I get over myself hahahaha. I was a music major in college and was actually quite good (practicing 8+ hours a day will do that), and after not playing for years I'm embarrassed at my skills. I know logically it's fine, and is a result of me not practicing, and I'm trying to come at it again like a beginner (why I switched from practicing 2x a week to just a little bit each day) - but I still just want to pick her up and be able to play what I used to, and that's taking a big mental shift. 

2 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

One of the most metal trackers yet to surface on these forums. (That I have seen anyway.) 

What is this sleep system you speak of? I am intrigued.

:D :D :D Thank you! I'm super psyched about it :) 

And it's more just an overall scheduling system where I plan everything out and stick to it. I find that if I have everything planned out, and know when it's going to happen, I'm less likely to stress and have anxiety keep me up :)

I am setting up my bedroom with blackout curtains (I live eastern time zone, but work pacific time zone, so getting woken up by the sun is the worst), convinced my apartment to allow me to keep my apartment lower than 68 (that should happen this week, but not yet) and have a sunset/sunrise alarm clock so those are all good things. I also just set up a speaker in my room and may try sleeping with some very light sleep music from brain.fm. So really focusing on sleep hygiene, too!

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, spezzy said:

And it's more just an overall scheduling system where I plan everything out and stick to it. I find that if I have everything planned out, and know when it's going to happen, I'm less likely to stress and have anxiety keep me up :)

I am setting up my bedroom with blackout curtains (I live eastern time zone, but work pacific time zone, so getting woken up by the sun is the worst), convinced my apartment to allow me to keep my apartment lower than 68 (that should happen this week, but not yet) and have a sunset/sunrise alarm clock so those are all good things. I also just set up a speaker in my room and may try sleeping with some very light sleep music from brain.fm. So really focusing on sleep hygiene, too!

Blackout curtains make such a big difference!

I'm intrigued by sunset alarm clocks, but when sharing a bed with a person with different sleep/work hours they are not the most optimal...  :) 

• Like 1

I love the new challenge format, and magus are badass. Looking forward to seeing you develop your new character.

What bass do you have? It looks really nice.

Level 13 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge: Year of the Muscle Wizard - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

Blackout curtains make such a big difference!

I'm intrigued by sunset alarm clocks, but when sharing a bed with a person with different sleep/work hours they are not the most optimal...  :) 

SUCH a big difference, and hoping they cut down some of the road noise too since I live in a city but also right next to the staging area for police things, where they keep all the vehicles - so there's a LOT of road noise at night.

Sunset alarm clock is fantastic, but yeah - with different schedules it's hard, unless there's an agreed upon wake up time. The good thing is that you can set the sunrise to happen over 40 minutes, so that could help. Definitely one of the perks of living alone for sure!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jarric said:

I love the new challenge format, and magus are badass. Looking forward to seeing you develop your new character.

What bass do you have? It looks really nice.

It may have been influenced heavily from other's challenges 😬 :D. Feeling super motivated about it! Now when I don't want to do a goal I can think "but I want to beat the boss...."

Bass is a Spector Spectorcore semi hollow body. Absolutely one of the best mid range basses I've ever played and I love her dearly. Neck is super smooth which helps big time since I have small hands :) I play a lot of classical, so I really love the sound of the semi hollow body, too. 

...now i'm excited to play hahahah

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

stardate 200929

First and most importantly, my COVID test came back negative.

giphy.gif

Woke up and took Felix for a walk and then came in and got on the bike for 15 minutes - great way to start the day. Could definitely get used to the bike!

Pulled out my bass, tuned it, and played for around 10 minutes. Just did some scales, but still something! 

Stretched and did some rehab work this evening while talking a friend through a crisis, and that took precedence over writing, but that's okay - I will get in a few 10 min sessions later this week. 

Hit water goal as well. 

Also signed up for a month with my physical therapist starting in October as a gift to myself for my upcoming birthday (helloooooo late 30's) to figure out what's going on with my shoulder, but think I figured some things out tonight to bring to her so that's a huge positive thing :) 

I also reached out to a new gym to see if that will work, and started to research getting some more equipment here at my place. 

Will get back to strength training tomorrow!

New tracker 

⚔️ = done

☠️ = still needs to be done this week

Offensive Skills:
[Spell Combat]: ⚔️ ⚔️  ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ 

[Spellstrike]: ☠️ ☠️ ☠️  
[Magus Arcana - Hasted Assault]: ⚔️ ⚔️  ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ 

Discipline Abilities:
[Arcane Pool]:  ⚔️ ⚔️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ 

[Spell Recall]: ⚔️ ⚔️  ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️

[Spellbooks]: ⚔️⚔️  ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ 
  • Like 6

Whoo hoo, negative test! 

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

9 hours ago, spezzy said:

First and most importantly, my COVID test came back negative.

Woohoo GIFs | Tenor

Congratulations. That's one big thing you no longer have to stress over.  😀

10 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Whoo hoo, negative test! 

Woohoo GIFs | Tenor

Congratulations. That's one big thing you no longer have to stress over.  😀

1 hour ago, Big_Show said:

That's very good news!

The BEST news. 

I was super nervous about pushing workouts last week, too, just because I didn't want to stress my body any more than it needed to be, just in case. 

But now that it's negative, I can push again :D

• Like 2

Glad you don't have The Thing! Now you can go back to doing ALL THE THINGS!