Ranger Guild Hall (General Chat)

RES

7956fef2-229a-4768-95d1-3bd80e5c966e.jpg

Welcome to the Ranger Guild Hall! The bartender already knows what you want, the social distancing norms do not apply here for the same reason there is always enough dark corners for those who desire them. For those of you who feel more comfortable keeping these norms we have added additional outdoor seating, fall/spring will be here before you know it and milder temperatures are on the way, so feel free to take advantage of it :D 

• Like 6

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - cute is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Elastigirl wanders in. Asks for a Hard Apple Cider, then wanting to enjoy the pleasant weather, she takes it to one of the outside tables

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

First round's on me:
pumpkinales_article.jpg

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Okay, I know you have a weird obsession with pumpkin spice, but that is a hell of a thing to do to beer. What did that beverage ever do to you!?  😠

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Angry on your Behalf 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

I don't think I'm doing a challenge this time around but I am for sure going to hang around with my blueberry tea. 

• Like 3

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

My Fitness Pal - inactive

4 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Okay, I know you have a weird obsession with pumpkin spice, but that is a hell of a thing to do to beer. What did that beverage ever do to you!?  😠

Disparage ye not mine Pumpkin beers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Apparently I'm on a social roll, so we'll have the second and third round on me, and I'm going to have a seat by the fire, for a change!

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Can we get a BBQ in the outside garden? I crave grilled Halloumi cheese and smoked trout. And some Litovel dark :) 601400-2n-litovel-dark.webp

Cheers!

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

A ranger strides into the bar, taking up his usual bar stool.

I'm off on holiday soon, but there's always time for a swift one. Pint of the black stuff barkeep. Hold the pumpkin.

Looking at the drink presented to him the ranger smiles. An excellent choice. It seems @aramis has good taste.

• Like 5

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - The 80/20 Rule2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

4 hours ago, aramis said:

Can we get a BBQ in the outside garden? I crave grilled Halloumi cheese and smoked trout. And some Litovel dark :) 

Cheers!

How do you mean BBQ? I mean, whatever your intended meaning, the answer is of course yes, but having a BBQ means different things to different people. To a Texan a BBQ means slow coked smoking of meat (usually Brisket), whereas direct heat cooking (the fire is directly under the meat) is grilling. Even in the states people use the terms interchangeably, but if the result is smoked meat its a BBQ, and if it's direct heat grilling it's a cookout. 

But, as I said, if the intended meaning is one, the other, or both, the answer is a resounding yes.

Sweeping Declaration!

Thanks to aramis, a new permanent feature of the guildhall is a massive outdoor kitchen, with several smokers and grills. The Bartender also uses the smoke of the indoor fire to make Jerkey. He gets up onto the roof with the meat on strings and lowers it all down into the chimney.*

*Growing up our neighbor actually did this, which is where I got the idea.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • That's Metal 3

Actually I'm used to using smoker/grill combo - a contraption with a fireplace and several "shelves" along the way to the chimney. This way on the first one you can grill, while on the others you can easily smoke. 

Something like this, but with cast iron hot plate on top of fireplace, so you can put skillet/pot/kettle on like on traditional stove :) (or put your hand on it for Riders of the Lost Ark cosplay).

Amazon.com: Tidyard BBQ Charcoal Smoker with Bottom Shelf for Outdoor  Cooking Black Heavy XXL: Home & Kitchen

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 2

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

How do you mean BBQ? I mean, whatever your intended meaning, the answer is of course yes, but having a BBQ means different things to different people. To a Texan a BBQ means slow coked smoking of meat (usually Brisket), whereas direct heat cooking (the fire is directly under the meat) is grilling. Even in the states people use the terms interchangeably, but if the result is smoked meat its a BBQ, and if it's direct heat grilling it's a cookout. 

But, as I said, if the intended meaning is one, the other, or both, the answer is a resounding yes.

Sweeping Declaration!

Thanks to aramis, a new permanent feature of the guildhall is a massive outdoor kitchen, with several smokers and grills. The Bartender also uses the smoke of the indoor fire to make Jerkey. He gets up onto the roof with the meat on strings and lowers it all down into the chimney.*

*Growing up our neighbor actually did this, which is where I got the idea.

Elastigirl enthusiastically orders  Brisket  for now, and also buys some jerky to take with her on her adventures

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

From a prime fireside seat, Yeti watches hungrily as the meat smokes, mouth watering at the thought of fresh-made jerky, stomach rumbling as the breezes brings in the assorted smells of cooking from outside.

• That's Metal 2

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Cheetah saunters in and casually approaches the open campfire that's off to one side of the outdoor kitchen.  He pulls up a seat on a log, and from his pack he takes out some carefully wrapped dough and a thick wooden rod.  He wraps the end of the rod with some of the dough and begins to bake it gently over the fire.  Doughboys, anyone?  I've got plenty to share.  :-)

• Like 6

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

I will have a pint of your sourest beer please. The sourer the better. Something to make my insides feel like they're turning inside out. 

She's Feeling a Little Sour - Señor GIF - Pronounced GIF or JIF?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Nova wanders in and asks the barkeep for the never ending coffee cup he found for her a while back, pumpkin spice cold brew, of course.  She also enquires about any trained monkeys that might be looking for work answering emails that contain questions whose answers can be found in the directions of her assignments that her students apparently aren't reading, as this has begun taking up the bulk of her day at school.

I'm gonna find the dark corner with the bed in it and take a nap.  

• Like 5

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

On 9/11/2020 at 11:56 PM, deftona said:

I will have a pint of your sourest beer please. The sourer the better. Something to make my insides feel like they're turning inside out. 

GettyImages-1154865596-714x463.jpg

I'll be outside, checking out @RES' bike at the parking lot and saving a spot for @Rurik Harrgath's

• Like 2
  • Angry on your Behalf 2
2 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

GettyImages-1154865596-714x463.jpg

I'll be outside, checking out @RES' bike at the parking lot and saving a spot for @Rurik Harrgath's

Harrgath incoming!

source.gif

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

12 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

wJQAXRZ.jpg

She is a beauty isn't she :D Weather cooperated long enough to get to do more than look at her yesterday...mostly, we did get a little wet towards the end

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

19 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I'll be outside, checking out @RES' bike

19 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Harrgath incoming!

I'm too for the ride! I'll vroom with you people, as long I can keep up on my tiny 125cc.

DSC_2163.JPG

• Like 5

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

On 9/13/2020 at 3:49 PM, RES said:

long enough to get to do more than look at her yesterday...mostly, we did get a little wet towards the end

tenor.gif?itemid=11759966

On 9/13/2020 at 11:10 PM, aramis said:

I'll vroom with you people, as long I can keep up on my tiny 125cc.

I'm not one for speed, so no worries. Your tiny 125cc is a beauty, I can already picture you and Rurik spending hours around the bikes with a beer in hand, talking about customizing bikes...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
On 9/15/2020 at 4:22 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11759966

This is why we're friends ;) 

• Like 1

Spoiler