Ranger Guild Hall (General Chat)

On 9/13/2020 at 10:10 PM, aramis said:

I'm too for the ride! I'll vroom with you people, as long I can keep up on my tiny 125cc.

image.png.2618f0555073abe530f43caa5551f3b0.png

119960205_4497813240258613_139656312565853378_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=XYCWSpyotN8AX_YLSE0&_nc_ht=scontent-ams4-1.xx&oh=8c72a9701c70a19cca7aa18fa5c5dcae&oe=5F8E509C

I'll up your 5 to a 6 (and we'll don't talk about the trailing 0) ;)

Biker Beer and BBQ enthusiast checking in after vacation!

• Like 3

Rangers! An important day is coming. This day comes but once a year. It's a day to celebrate a dear friend and honored Guild Leader. 

That's right my Friends. Saturday October 3rd is International Jarl's day, where we celebrate Rurik Harrgath's birthday. While we cannot gather together, in our own places we can each remember and honor our Jarl. Tradition calls for hoisting a Pumpkin beer in his name on the day. If beer is not your thing, or you don't think you could find a pumpkin one, Pumpkin Chai is an option (he prefers tea to coffee, but a pumpkin spice coffee of some kind will work). If you really wanna go all out, Hipster Lumberjack is the Uniform of the day.

All Hail Rurik!

• Like 7
  • That's Metal 3

Not sure if you magnificent people know this, but today (Sept. 27th) was annual Distinguished Gentleman's Ride. For anyone not knowing what it is - it's dapper bikers on classic/vintage bikes (seriously classy stuff, look it up on youtube) raising money for fighting prostate cancer and men suicide prevention (money goes to Movember foundation). Worldwide, since 2012. 

Of course because corona it was different from past editions - no group rides etc. But it happened and I'm proud I was part of it. 

Sir @Tanktimus the Encourager - I hope above links don't violate any rules here - it's charity after all. 

Edited by Tanktimus the Encourager
Removed link after finding out from NF leadership Fundraisers are not allowed
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, aramis said:

Not sure if you magnificent people know this, but today (Sept. 27th) was annual Distinguished Gentleman's Ride. For anyone not knowing what it is - it's dapper bikers on classic/vintage bikes (seriously classy stuff, look it up on youtube) raising money for fighting prostate cancer and men suicide prevention (money goes to Movember foundation). Worldwide, since 2012. 

Of course because corona it was different from past editions - no group rides etc. But it happened and I'm proud I was part of it. 

Sir @Tanktimus the Encourager - I hope above links don't violate any rules here - it's charity after all. 

It's ok from established users. We don't officially have a policy on it so this stands even if the rules change further down the road. The only way I can see the rules changing is if it happens too often, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I just got word that official NF policy is no fundraisers or selling things, since that was from over my head, I'll remove the links.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, aramis said:

I rode in the 2015 (Edinburgh) and 2018 (Winnipeg, MB).  Both were absolutely wonderful opportunities full of fantastic humans of all genders (we had gentleman, gentleladies, and gentlefolk all along for the DGR for both occasions, more so in Winnipeg though).

Would not recommend riding through the highlands in a kilt though.  Logistics are v tricky.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I just got word that official NF policy is no fundraisers or selling things, since that was from over my head, I'll remove the links.

HA! I feel quite distinguished for being a reason of Rules' change here ;) 

P.S.

Pun intended

• Like 2
On 9/28/2020 at 9:43 AM, aramis said:

HA! I feel quite distinguished for being a reason of Rules' change here ;) 

P.S.

Pun intended

Crap you made it there first, i have been secretly working a long time to be a reason that post needs a new addendum.

J/k Please don't move my challenge thread to a section that no-one ever visits...

GOOFY GIFS TO MAKE YOU GRIN | CutesyPooh | Animales, Salvajes, Gif  divertidos

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi, I'm new here, the rangers guild sounds good and I'm thinking of joining.

I'm wondering how challenges work though. Is it something we pick for ourselves or are there a list of challenges we can choose from?

The way people refer to them makes me think there are some ranger challenges I can use for inspiration.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, tdrgabi said:

I'm wondering how challenges work though. Is it something we pick for ourselves or are there a list of challenges we can choose from?

The way people refer to them makes me think there are some ranger challenges I can use for inspiration.

Hello and welcome! 

Your challenge can be whatever you want it to be, there are no rules regarding how to set your challenge up except the ones you impose on yourself! I would say a great place to start is to consider what your overarching goal is going to be. There is a great post here about how to set definable goals to ensure you're being nice and specific. Then use the individual challenges to set smaller goals that will help you on your way to your main overarching goal. Have a look through other people's challenges and if you want a nice place to start you can post your first challenge in the Level One Forum - this means that you will meet other people who are new to the boards too. You can of course just post your challenges with us Rangers if you prefer, but I would recommend starting in Level One - I think we all remember our time as newbies here and the lovely people we joined up with! For further inspiration I'd say have a look around the challenge boards in general and see how other people set up their challenges. There are so many ways to approach this, and other people's challenges hold a wealth of information and inspiration! 

I hope you love it here! If you have any questions feel free to ask a Guild Leader or Ambassador - it's our job to guide you through your time here and help you with anything you might need to feel at home. Welcome to the team, tdrgabi! 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, tdrgabi said:

Welcome to the Rangers!