• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mudd

Mudd pays his respects to the king

I'm a huge Black Panther fan. I've read every issue of his solo runs. In July, I started trying to read every single appearance he makes in Marvel comics (a task I will never complete). Coate's run of BP is the first comic I ever read as it was coming out. When I heard Boseman was going to be cast as T'Challa, I binged a bunch of his movies. He's consistently great, and I was impossibly excited for Black Panther. There are probably a handful of times I've seen the same movie in theaters twice, but I saw Black Panther three times opening weekend alone. I don't want to force my goals to a theme too much, but I'd really like to have a Black Panther themed challenge this time around.

It's weird how some celebrity deaths hit you. He seemed like such a good guy. It's insane the kind of action movies he was shooting while sick. And he was consistently in these really impactful roles.

I'm still figuring out what the details of my challenge are. I'll update this post as I figure them out. I need to finish my Fulbright application for sure. I'll keep running (though this might be the last challenge where I can do it consistently, up here in the UP). I'm probably going back to calorie counting for a bit. I'll start doing bodyweight-based strength-training again. I'll see if I can build a meditation habit.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Mudd said:

He seemed like such a good guy.

His speech where he talks about constant failures being what is rewarding was pretty amazing.  It was for his college, I think.

• Like 2

I love this as a theme. When I heard Boseman's story and how he shot all these films for the last four years while going through chemo and surgeries, I just felt so inspired. I want to live my life with that level of dedication and perseverance. 

• Like 2

People who worked with him consistently talk about how he inspired them to be better versions of themselves. I love how compassionate he was and open.  He wasn't afraid to cry when he mourned the death of the terminally ill boys who didn't get to see Black Panther. He laughed with a full heart when he greeted fans, and he wasn't afraid to look backwards and make a shady face when Green Book won the Oscar. 

Whatever your challenge, I'm looking forward to it. 

• Thanks 1

Okay, clearly I was terrible about updating this, but my challenge actually went pretty well.

I lost a little weight.

I ran my fastest mile since high school.

I've been running 10ks semi-regularly, for the first time ever.

I ran on a pretty wild trail for the first time in ages, rather than just the pavement I normally do.

I finally submitted an application for a grant to do my dream research.

I've been pretty consistent about studying Mongolian.

My form for pull ups/chin ups has become MUCH better this challenge. All the way down and chest to bar.

I live in a hilly area now and there are some steep hills I used to have to walk my bike up that I can finally just actually bike up.

I never made a concrete plan for what I wanted to do this challenge, but it ended up as a success regardless. I think the key for me is to just check in with myself every now and then and honestly assess whether I'm putting in enough effort.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1