• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

On 9/13/2020 at 5:16 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Metal was the B Side to Cars.

And then Cars got a metal cover featuring Gary, thus the circle was complete.

On 9/13/2020 at 5:16 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

The Lonely Android grew up to be darker than I listen to

If you haven't seen it yet (and can manage the accent) check out "Android in La La Land". It's a 2016 documentary, complete with interviews about his struggles with Asperger's, depression, anxiety and how it influenced his work.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2020 at 9:09 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

It's not that bad.  I just like to whinge.  It is really hard for parents though.  I don't think anyone is giving them enough credit.

And you're doing both so whinge away, it's well earned

• Like 2

Hey, so I use synthwave when I'm writing and doing any kind of intellectual/office work, so I'm just gonna dump a mix here. It's apparently got timestamps so if hear a song you like, you can go looking for it. :)

• Like 6

On 9/15/2020 at 9:57 AM, Maigs said:

And you're doing both so whinge away, it's well earned

Oh thanks.  I try not to because on the whole my life is pretty good.

On 9/16/2020 at 3:00 PM, Kishi said:

Hey, so I use synthwave when I'm writing and doing any kind of intellectual/office work, so I'm just gonna dump a mix here. It's apparently got timestamps so if hear a song you like, you can go looking for it. :)

Astral Throb!?! That's a great name for the channel.  Synth music is great for getting stuff done.  My students who do homework almost all listen to chillwave on youtube when they work.

On 9/20/2020 at 4:04 AM, Stronkey Kong said:

This song is an instant 48 hour ear worm everytime I hear it.

This is one of my favorite albums of all time.  If you consider albums as a whole unit, you could easily male the case that it is my favorite.  It appalls me that it is almost 20 years old and could be considered an oldie.

5 hours ago, Jittersthe.Clown said:

X2q3.gif
This year is absolutely a mess with schooling. Much like yours, my daughter is missing all of her freinds by being online. I hope SlothGirl finds her way. 

Thanks.  Slothgirl has a referral to talk to a therapist.  Hopefully that helps.  Yeah, it's been a tough year to be a kid.  I hope yours work things out too.

• Like 4

9/21/20 Monday

Update for week 1.  I am not a robot yet.  Unless I've been programmed for napping.  I still haven't restarted fitnessing.  I think I under estimated my fatigue and how tiring sitting and talking to a screen is and also how much more time I spend preparing lessons.  Where my fatigue was 9 out 10, it's probably still a 7 out of 10.  I think for this week I'm going to lower my expectations.  I'm going to get out of bed at my workout time  and walk the dog as a first step in habit re-building.

Not much else to note.

Here's some great retrowave.  The music is modern and Russian (I think) but, Man, I would watch the heck out the movie they stole footage from.

• Like 5

Speaking of Russians and robot music...

Why does furniture in 70's/80's sci fi look so damned uncomfortable. In my vision of the future, we've figured out how to make pillows and cushions fluffier, and though we may not have perfected right angles, we figured out more ergonomic spine support.

• Like 4

On 9/21/2020 at 1:55 PM, Stronkey Kong said:

Speaking of Russians and robot music...

Why does furniture in 70's/80's sci fi look so damned uncomfortable. In my vision of the future, we've figured out how to make pillows and cushions fluffier, and though we may not have perfected right angles, we figured out more ergonomic spine support.

I've never heard of Sovietwave; it sounds pretty cool.  TBH there are too many -wave subgenres of music and in my head it is all robot music unless it is mainstream enough to categorize as synthpop.  70's furniture wasn't too comfortable in person either.  Like the egg chair or the hand chair?  They looked super cool, but who could sit in them?

9/22/20  Tuesday

I got up on time, but did not walk the dog, who is also getting fat.  Getting up is a big step though; it is my keystone habit to fitness.  I'm not going to be able to fitness after work despite it being one of the last beautiful days.  Our dryer broke and I'm going to have to pretend that I know what I'm doing, take it all apart, ponder the mess of parts, and finally give up and call a repair person.

You know how I like to complain about American health insurance?  You might as well unfollow me now, because it looks like they are going to change Mrs. Sloth's insurance and we will no longer be able to combine our benefits and our costs will go way up.  I'll try to hold off on actually complaining until that actually happens though.

This isn't synth, I don't know what you'd call it, but I'd say it qualifies as robot music.  If you're of a certain age you loved this song no matter what your normal musical tastes were.

• Like 7

Good luck with your dryer, I hope your DIY day does better than mine which has ended in arguments, tears, and gin. 

Crying Drinking GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Complain away, shared misery makes it better right? 

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I got up on time, but did not walk the dog, who is also getting fat.  Getting up is a big step though; it is my keystone habit to fitness.

That's great :) the getting up and the knowing. 

On 9/17/2020 at 6:00 AM, Kishi said:

I use synthwave when I'm writing and doing any kind of intellectual/office work

I like this one when I'm coding or even just any kind of concentrating. 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2GI6wbTjS4M4QHN8PbsIr0?si=BiLosdosRnSVB_C-MPZpyQ

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I've never heard of Sovietwave; it sounds pretty cool.  TBH there are too many -wave subgenres of music and in my head it is all robot music unless it is mainstream enough to categorize as synthpop.  70's furniture wasn't too comfortable in person either.  Like the egg chair or the hand chair?  They looked super cool, but who could sit in them?

9/22/20  Tuesday

I got up on time, but did not walk the dog, who is also getting fat.  Getting up is a big step though; it is my keystone habit to fitness.  I'm not going to be able to fitness after work despite it being one of the last beautiful days.  Our dryer broke and I'm going to have to pretend that I know what I'm doing, take it all apart, ponder the mess of parts, and finally give up and call a repair person.

You know how I like to complain about American health insurance?  You might as well unfollow me now, because it looks like they are going to change Mrs. Sloth's insurance and we will no longer be able to combine our benefits and our costs will go way up.  I'll try to hold off on actually complaining until that actually happens though.

This isn't synth, I don't know what you'd call it, but I'd say it qualifies as robot music.  If you're of a certain age you loved this song no matter what your normal musical tastes were.

Uuungh sorry about the insurance thing. As someone who is self insured nothing makes me want to march on the capital with pitchforks and torches more

Have fun with the dryer! Axe man replaced the belt in ours and it actually worked and hasn’t burnt down the house. Yet. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 10:00 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Our dryer broke and I'm going to have to pretend that I know what I'm doing, take it all apart, ponder the mess of parts, and finally give up and call a repair person.

Knowing this in advance doesn't change your plan? :P 

On 9/22/2020 at 10:00 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Ah, fork. So sorry. That's shit. Germany is so damned good about health insurance. It's tied to how much one earns and it's more about pooling risk/resources in a solidaric way than making profit. Probably not perfect but it's pretty good. 

• Like 1

I approve of Germany’s method for insurance. Heck, just about any other European country’s way of doing health insurance.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Emma said:

I approve of Germany’s method for insurance. Heck, just about any other European country’s way of doing health insurance.

The worst thing to happen to American health care was Nixon allowing for-profit hospitals and insurance companies.

• Like 6