Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Aww, I didn't mean to ghost y'all.  I didn't get any notifications; I didn't know anyone posted here, but I should have guessed.

 

I did indeed become robotic, but not in a way that included any fitnessing.  I wake up.  I sit in front of my computer for the next ten hours.  Then I'm exhausted so I take a short nap that almost always lasts until dinner.  After dinner I spend two hours sitting in front of Slothgirl's computer as she does homework.  Then I go to bed.  That's my whole life.

 

As you might guess from the challenge recap I am still not over the mystery illness.  I'm still fatigued and weak; at random times I can get winded just walking across the room.  

 

Planning, preparing for, and giving students feedback for distance learning takes a lot more time and focus then in-person teaching.  At least for me.  You'd think I'd have time to update when I'm just sitting here, but I don't; I'm doing something all day long as I sit here getting more decrepit.  Mrs. Sloth is finding the same thing as she has moved online this year too.  We have gotten overwhelmed to the point of hiring a cleaning person.  It's a friend of a friend who lost their job because of the lockdown, so it's all good.

 

Slothgirl shouldn't have this much homework, I'd bet a lot of kids are able to finish classwork plus homework during their schooltime, but she is my spitting image and the ADD is not doing her any favors.  She's wiggly and falling off her chair, she misses directions, when everything goes quiet because it's worktime and she's lost and wanders off, and by the time she gets started it's time for the next class.

 

The dryer - I took it all the way apart and diagnosed the problem as a burnt out motor.  I couldn't find the right one online.  I also couldn't get to the appliance repair shop during work hours and kept stalling the problem.  Eventually Mrs. Sloth got tired of line drying her clothes and hired a repair person who said it's a $390 motor plus a $125 blower shroud plus two hours time and said it'd be cheaper to buy a new one.  Which was finally delivered today.

 

Tonight is nerd night.

 

One last retrowave/ synthpop song - I hope I haven't posted this one already.

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

As you might guess from the challenge recap I am still not over the mystery illness.  I'm still fatigued and weak; at random times I can get winded just walking across the room.  

 

I'm sorry to hear that, and I hope something changes for you soon. Do you have the option of consulting a doctor about this?

 

Extreme physical fatigue can be a symptom of stress, and based on your post, you are dealing with a lot of that right now. Question for you: Are you doing something physical at the end of your workday, that tells your body that it's safe to relax now? It can be a stretching routine at your desk right before you leave it, a breathing exercise, or anything else that works for you, as long at it involves intentional body movement and muscle activation.

 

I'm not trying to downplay your mystery illness, and definitely not trying to provide medical advice. I recognize the mental state you describe from what I was dealing with during the kitchen ordeal, and I'm trying to share what helped me. I'm genuinely worried about you, and I hope things get better for you soon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Dang man, you are in a rough spot. I hope things smooth out.

 

Thank you for saying that, but honestly, it's not so bad.  I'm overworked and overtired, but it's hardly the first time in my life I've been in this spot.  

 

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Blegh.Sounds like a struggle. Hoping you can do in person sooner rather than later

 

Me too.  I've quit folowing the Covid news, but Minnesota is getting worse not better.  I don't anticipate going back anytime soon.

 

35 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

 

I'm sorry to hear that, and I hope something changes for you soon. Do you have the option of consulting a doctor about this?

 

Extreme physical fatigue can be a symptom of stress, and based on your post, you are dealing with a lot of that right now. Question for you: Are you doing something physical at the end of your workday, that tells your body that it's safe to relax now? It can be a stretching routine at your desk right before you leave it, a breathing exercise, or anything else that works for you, as long at it involves intentional body movement and muscle activation.

 

I'm not trying to downplay your mystery illness, and definitely not trying to provide medical advice. I recognize the mental state you describe from what I was dealing with during the kitchen ordeal, and I'm trying to share what helped me. I'm genuinely worried about you, and I hope things get better for you soon.

 

I went to several doctors appointments over the summer to different doctors and spent enough money to buy nice new bike and didn't find out anything except that I should go to a pulmonologist next.  I somehow never got a Covid antibody test, but I am convinced this is the lingering after effects.

 

I was a complete mess coming into the school year and while I am overworked right now, I actually feel pretty good right now.  I'm centered.  I have certainly considered that anxiety might be a central cause, or at least a contributing factor, but it seems very physical and as my stress and anxiety were getting really bad it was starting to get better.  I did have an appointment set up at a mental health clinic, hoping to get my ADHD and anxiety dealt with once and for all by an expert,  but our health insurance is changing and they're out of network so I cancelled it.

 

There is almost no physical activity right now.  Right after work I lay down on the couch and am totally relaxed almost instantly.  This is another reason why I think it's physical, before this sleep was almost impossible.

'

I didn't take it as downplaying and I appreciate your concern.  Thank you.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I did have an appointment set up at a mental health clinic, hoping to get my ADHD and anxiety dealt with once and for all by an expert,  but our health insurance is changing and they're out of network so I cancelled it.

 

This is triggering all my hatred of the current medical system in the US. Sooo much wrong with it. Please vote, everyone who read this. (I voted this morning, by dropping off my absentee ballot.)

 

I am glad you're feeling centered and that you're able to relax on the couch. That's actually more or less what I was suggesting - the act of laying down on the couch is a physical movement that tells your body it's safe to stop being on high alert now. Once again, I do hope you continue to heal and feel better soon.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...