Sorry to hear about the house! And also congrats on the job stuff!

May the Force be with you. 

Adventurer, Half-Dwarf Chaotic-Good Paladin

Ne me dites jamais les chances!  ¡Nunca me digas las probabilidades!

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win

55 minutes ago, Teros said:

You mentioned a plan b earlier?

Plan B is already in motion.

It’s kind of a crap plan—which is why it wasn’t Plan A—because it mean taking out a high interest short term loan and moving before the house is sold (which means we also have to manage the house when it’ll be 150 miles away until we do sell it), but we weighed it out and even my risk adverse and financially conservative husband feels that the pros are worth the cons.

Pending bank confirmation, we expect to move end of October/beginning of November. We’re also really hoping to sell the London house by Christmas so we don’t have that hanging over us, but... yeah. We’ll see how it goes.

• Like 1

Druid and Adventurer

The Wye/Dean, UK

Current Storyline: Tales of Owlshire | 0 | 1

Previous  Storyline: The Entwife’s Heart | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

I did not get the writing contract.

I am, of course, disappointed by this, but I am not devastated.

I got paid to do a short contract, and I now have a professional credit for my CV. I, an industry novice, wrote to a skill level that caused nearly two weeks of deadlock with the decision-makers between me and my competitor(s). I am told that regardless of the final decision, I’ve impressed the right people. I’ve learned that I enjoy narrative design and want to pursue it.

Although the extra money would have been helpful given how Plan B will make our finances a lot tighter until the London house is sold, we shouldn’t need it (knock on wood) and logistically trying to get this move done and me going back to work overlapping (with all the lifestyle complications that entails) was always going to be hell.

So, I did not get the writing contract, but I think overall it’s been a positive and rewarding experience.

• Like 1

Druid and Adventurer

The Wye/Dean, UK

Parts 1 and 2 of this challenge have been... fairly well updated. Neither of them happened in the end. *sigh*

As for Part 3–walk an average of 4 miles a day is going better. Having just tallied it all in, and I’m at 4.3 miles a day on average.

So hey, that’s something.

Also, after a few weeks of absolute refusal (growing independence), the Enting wants carrying again. He is bigger and there are more clothing layers than when we were last at this, so we’re trying out new techniques. Because of this, time off my core, and probably that he’s gotten heavier, it’s not making my back particularly happy when he’s up. We’re trying to fix this (mostly by trying to wrap him in different ways), because I feel that I should be able physically to carry him until he’s old enough to not need it anymore.

6D871071-96D5-432F-8863-A1AC7E24A90F.thumb.jpeg.e5892e16ba43994715820deb35882e8f.jpeg

Also, he refuses to let me practice putting him on at home, it’s always when we’re already out. So there’s a lot of watching YouTube videos at home, and then trying to remember how to do it, while on the side of a busy London road, probably much to the bewilderment of passbys :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Druid and Adventurer

The Wye/Dean, UK

2 hours ago, Ann of Vries said:

Also, he refuses to let me practice putting him on at home, it’s always when we’re already out. So there’s a lot of watching YouTube videos at home, and then trying to remember how to do it, while on the side of a busy London road, probably much to the bewilderment of passbys :P 

This made me laugh because omg, my nephew was contrary like this too. And still enjoys being contrary at 9 years old :P  Still, I know what you mean, I picked him up until about 5, and then even now he still will snuggle up to me while he watches youtube videos and my heart sings. My oldest nephew hates getting close, but once in a while he'll lean on me and again, heartsong. They grow up and they don't want to be close anymore, and I'm proud of them and I love them, but sometimes I miss their 4 year old selves. I hope you find a more comfortable way to carry him, and continue to enjoy these times. I'm really happy for you.

• Like 1

So this morning a bathroom pipe burst and there’s water pouring through the ceiling into our dining room.

We’re not going to be able to show it until the bathroom and ceiling are repaired.

I’m beginning to feel like this move is cursed. 

• Sad 4

Druid and Adventurer

The Wye/Dean, UK

Are we already at the end of this challenge? Yeesh.

My daily average turned out to be 4.4 miles, so it’s nice to have at least made that goal!

The leak is fixed, the ceiling should be repaired next week (once it’s had time to fully dry). The bridging loan is going well so far. The broker thinks we could potentially complete the purchase in 2 weeks. We have a new estate agent to sell the house, once it’s been repaired. I’m cautiously hopeful we can move forward again.

I’m not planning on job hunting until after we’re settled in the other side, but I did everything I could with the opportunity I had.

So, while moving and the job didn’t pan out, I still feel like I made my best efforts for all. And I did make the walking goal. For those things within my control, I did well on this challenge.

I’m still awful at keeping up on other people’s threads. *sigh*

And, hey. It’s time for a new challenge. Maybe the next one will include that move to the forest that’s been part of my challenges since May!

• Like 3

Druid and Adventurer

The Wye/Dean, UK