• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Novaurora

Nova needs to be here, even if she's not sure what she's doing

So, the title pretty much says it all.  I've been a little bit lost lately.  Life hasn't been bad, but I have let a lot of things slide and I want to get back to it. 

My challenge fell apart last time when everything started to unravel due to the first real lapse in my relationship since April, when we really turned it around.  I got a little scared and anxious, and coming back in is hard for me mid challenge after a failure, so I let it ride, especially with the start of school. 

I almost didn't make a new one this go, but I'm struggling with stupid little things like taking my meds, so I definitely need to be back with some accountability.  I'm going to try really really hard to keep it simple because that's what I need right now.

So, without further ado, I will ...

• TAKE MY MEDS EVERY DAY
  • MOVE 3X A WEEK (bike rides or workouts prefered, but walks will do in a pinch)
  • VACUUM 3X A WEEK
  • GET UP EARLY ENOUGH TO MAKE HEALTHY BREAKFAST, PACK HEALTHY LUNCH AND WORKOUT (6:00am)
  • DO 30 MINUTES OF SPANISH 3X A WEEK

That's it.  No frills or craziness.  Back to basics...again...

• Like 8

Just now, Sloth the Enduring said:

Here for you.

Thanks!  Things are getting back in the right direction.  Hubs and I have recently sorted ourselves out again, and I'm finally in a rhythm with online school, though half my kids are doing NOTHING.  Though the plan is that we will go hybrid on October 6...so that'll be a while new kind of interesting.

How's your school year going?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Novaurora said:
7 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’m glad things are turning around for you.

School is going much better than I expected, but I haven’t tried to work them too hard yet.

Yeah, it's hard to know how much to give based on what they are capable of vs what they will do.  So many of our kids got part time jobs and it's hard to convince them that online school is better than money.  That's where the high school level struggle is.  That and NC education standards are low and we have spent these kids entire school careers spoon feeding them, so the fact that a good chunk of them of them are struggling to self motivate doesn't shock me in the least.   

1 hour ago, Novaurora said:

That's it.  No frills or craziness.  Back to basics...again...

I'm glad you're back! And I totally get this...just do what you can and that will be enough. *hugs*

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Glad you are here!

Thanks!  I'm just hoping I can stick it out this time.  Stay on board.

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

&1 :)

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along again.

Woop woop!  Fearless leader!!

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I'm glad you're back! And I totally get this...just do what you can and that will be enough. *hugs*

Thanks the plan!  Here's to doing 5 things a few times a week

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, deftona said:

Here!

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

Really happy to see you back. Here to cheer you on and offer what support I can :)

Thank youuuuu!

giphy.gif

Hey guys!!

So, today is kind of my "pull it together" day to make some good decisions and get back on the right track.  I had to finish up some school stuff because being inconsistent with my meds means that the ghosts of my past (mostly my ADD) were running rampant this week. 

I need to remember not to over-complicate things.  Stick with what I already know.  One of the things I do way too often is change up my methods and abandon things before they have time to work, so I'm going back to some of the things that have worked in the past.

Food will be prepped for at least breakfast and lunch

Breakfast for this week: Egg, spinach, and black bean hummus on toast with a yogurt OR yogurt and granola with fruit and bacon

Lunch for the week: Back to bento! Lunch meat and cheese roll up or chicken salad; carrots or cucumbers; apples or strawberries, and belvita bites

Exercise Plan for the Week:

M/W/F: Cardio Trim or Iron Born and yoga

I'm just going to focus on week days right now, but that's the plan

• Like 6

Those definitely look like good decisions. It's always a good idea to go back to basics and keep it simple when things are a little up in the air, though I know firsthand it can be frustrating to do that, especially if it's somewhere you've already been before. You've got this :) 

• Like 1

Also glad to see you back! Relationships are really, really important, so I think it's 100% okay to back off on a challenge to sort those things out. And I always support keeping things simple. :)

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 2:42 PM, Salinger said:

Im real pleased to see you back ❤️ xx

Thanks!  It's good to be back

On 9/12/2020 at 2:43 PM, iatetheyeti said:

Those definitely look like good decisions. It's always a good idea to go back to basics and keep it simple when things are a little up in the air, though I know firsthand it can be frustrating to do that, especially if it's somewhere you've already been before. You've got this :) 

Thanks!!  It's something I have needed to do for a while.  The last 2 years I have not been kind to my body.

On 9/12/2020 at 11:34 PM, foxinthenorth said:

Also glad to see you back! Relationships are really, really important, so I think it's 100% okay to back off on a challenge to sort those things out. And I always support keeping things simple. :)

Yeah.  I was so proud of how we did all summer that it kinda bummed me out to slip like we did, so it was good to get some focus on us.

On 9/12/2020 at 11:14 PM, Maigs said:

Nova! Good to see you back!

7 hours ago, Maigs said:

Checking in. How are things going?

As always, things are busy, but I have been doing the things, mostly.

Take meds: 2/7 (missed Sunday, oops)

Move: 0/3 

Getting moving early Monday morning is hard!  Im thinking of moving to a W/F/S schedule because I don't Monday very well currently.

Vacuum: 1/3

Get up early: 1/5

30 min Spanish 0/3 (but I'm planning on doing a long session tonight)

Overall, my eating has been great, I'm tracking again as part of my "healthy breakfast and lunch" goal and have done a great job packing my lunch the night before. I'm happy enough with this start.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

yay to eating well! so difficult sometimes....Good on you!!!! :)

Thanks.  It's all about planning and portion size for me.  It takes effort and I'm not always that great at effort.

13 hours ago, Salinger said:

good job Nova!!! xx

Thanks!!!!

1 hour ago, GoodDoug said:

So glad you are here. For your sake and ours.

I missed you guys, just a got a bit over my head.

44 minutes ago, iatetheyeti said:

I'm glad things have gotten off to as good a start as they could have, and that tracking is going well for you.

Me too. I will need all these good habits when things change soon.

So, the last 2 days have overall been an emotional roller coaster.

Last night, our school board voted to return to a hybrid model of schooling starting October 6.  Kids will rotate in 1 week on 2 weeks at home.  It's not the best plan, and there are many flaws, and I have about a million logistical questions, but it is what it is.

One of the school board members main arguments was that "a parent had called him about needing a vacation from her kids" ...not to mention no one from the health department presented, so if that tells you anything....

But, on a MAJOR plus side, I FINALLY GOT A CLASSROOM!!!!  One of the teachers in my department resigned because she got a new job, and I was told today that her room was mine!!

But don't worry all you Cartlos fans, he will still be good old Cartlos, my handy sidekick, but he gets to retire to a stationary existence, and I'll tell you that he is quite happy as well.

Food has been going well still.  We are getting sushi tonight to celebrate the momentous occasion (I have been floating for just over 5 years) but other than that, we have been cooking for ourselves and doing well.

• Like 11

On 9/16/2020 at 3:54 PM, Novaurora said:

Last night, our school board voted to return to a hybrid model of schooling starting October 6.  Kids will rotate in 1 week on 2 weeks at home.  It's not the best plan, and there are many flaws, and I have about a million logistical questions, but it is what it is.

One of the school board members main arguments was that "a parent had called him about needing a vacation from her kids" ...not to mention no one from the health department presented, so if that tells you anything....

Schools here started the year in a hybrid method (I think two days in, two days home, rotating fridays?). Within a week of school starting back up cases started going back up and we had a new daily and weekly high of positive cases last week so we'll see how long it lasts.

I do feel bad for parents trying to cope with the kids being at home, whether they are STAHP, WFH, or WOotH (I might have just made that one one, work out of the home in case it wasn't obvious), but that's not an argument of putting kids back in classrooms during a pandemic

• Like 1