Leigh - S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Leigh

S'up Nerds!

Been a while, but anyone who knows me, knows I'm a bit of a ninja for showing up and vanishing without a trace. I always seem to come back though, so I've got that going for me, which is saying a lot considering I've got almost nothing going for me this year.

Recap:

• Took a 30% cut to my income with Covid-10 shut downs closing my workplace early every night and corporate refusing to put us back to normal hours and not compensating workers for this cut in hours.
  • Got basically locked up in my apartment with Canada's Laziest Roomate™ (Jordan), the unluckiest and unhealthiest friend I have (Kristi) and the nicest sad person I know (my lovely girlfriend) for several months.
  • Gained about 10lbs because all we could eat was cheap, shitty take out, Grocery stores were legit closed before I got off work, not open early enough to get there and back before risking being late for work.
  • Realized that masks are my Kryptonite in how they have striped me entirely of my lip reading abilities, and are actively attacking my skins ability to keep itself acne free.
  • Had to ship my best friend off to the hospital in an ambulance while she was in her worst Pjays, un-showered and in horrific pain and having to be her point of contact between her family back home, her boss and her boyfriend because she couldn't have any visitors at the hospital and speaking was too tiring for her. She's still recovering from a major hernia and the repair surgery. It's super fun to have the knowledge that if she has a bad coughing fit of lifts something too heavy she could pop out the mesh patch keeping her insides in place...

Theme of this Challenge is Fallout 4 and it is my second attempt at this theme for a challenge(s).

Fallout_4_SPECIAL_primary_stats.jpg

I'm taking an educated guess as to what my real life base stats are at the moment on a scale of 1-10

Strength: 6/10  where 1 would be like how I strong I would be after being bed ridden for a few weeks with some horrible wasting sickness and 10 being, I dunno, Gina Carano?

Perception: 2/10, without mass public use of masks I'm normally at like 7/10 with how good my lip reading is. But we don't live in a maskless world anymore.

Endurance: 5/10 I've lost a lot of my daily levels of endurance with the cut in hours, the temporary closing of my gym and the shutdown of anyplace worth going to on my days off I've become lazy as hell and it shows.

Charisma: 4/10 I'm talking visible charisma, my skin has freaked the shit out with having a mask strapped to my face and the constant friction, extra humidity and next level oil production going on. I feel like a troll and it is at times physically painful to move my face while speaking, eating food, smiling etc.

Intelligence: 4/10 I've let my basic adulting slide back to how I was when I first moved out on my own. Spending too much money, not taking care of myself and throwing impulse control to the wind.

Agility: 6/10 I'm still pretty bendy and I've not hurt myself by existing lately but I'd like to improve on this.

Luck: 2/10 I don't think of luck as being totally up to chance, it's about how you set yourself up for things in life. If you never try to do a little extra in work, you've got no chance of getting a raise, or a promotion. If you never study you've got no chance at doing well on a pop quiz, if you don't plan for life altering bad shit you're screwed when it happens. I'm not good at making my own luck and I need to work on this.

All of these things feed into one another and I know if I try and max them all out at the same time I'll utterly fail, or at the very least, have a really bad time during the journey and alienate myself from a lot of people/things that make me happy.

Goals for this challenge:

• Three things that make me special to focus on
    • Strength
    • Charisma
    • Intelligence
  • Set out what I want to do for each
    • Strength
      • Go to the gym at least once a week, ideally twice, and do some lifting!
      • Have a bit of extra protein in my meals of the days I go, and a little more sleep if needed.
      • Track what lifts I'm doing and how much each is so I can trace progress and redetermine my limits.
    • Charisma
      • Be disciplined with my skincare routine and make adjustments as needed.
      • Do some research into better masks/detergents for cleaning them that will lessen the irritation to my poor face
      • Break out of eye makeup, since I've never had skin issues around my eyes because if I'm going to be stuck looking like Gollum for a while I may as well have the huge pretty eyes!
    • Intelligence
      • Pack lunched for work and meal plan with my girlfriend to avoid spending money on junk and takeout
      • Take a reasonable amount of cash with me on my trip to Toronto during the challenge so that I can have a bit of fun with my friend without blowing my budget and making my bank account burst into tears.
      • Start setting aside money for the holidays starting next pay.
      • Install Fortune City on my phone again for cute tracking purposes
  • Have a damn good time with my friend Laura down in Toronto/Mississauga next weekend and enjoy the small time I get to spend with my brother while I am there!
  • Aim for perfect adherence to my goals but accept that it is unlikely to happen, because my luck score is low and because this year just utterly sucks for all of us.

Well, there it is! Throw me an amusing meme or a link to a song you think I might like to listen to and let's kick this challenge off shall we?

fallout-video-games-fallout-4-fan-art-wa

• Like 5

I’ve been using clean and clear and then wiping my face with peroxide. But since wearing masks I definitely need to wash my face twice to minimize breakouts. It’s so vexing! I had two giant pimples on the tip of my nose this week, and I just feel like two Nose zits Is a like, the universe holding a grudge or something? 😂😂

here to cheer you on during this challenge!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Aquarii said:

cd285bc8bfc7da2bb3c9813970ac5f5e.png

Ha! Jokes on this tutorial, Winter Soldier is my comicbook antihero soulmate. I'd be down for emulating his look.  I legit looked for a winter soldier face mask but couldn't find one 😣

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I’ve been using clean and clear and then wiping my face with peroxide. But since wearing masks I definitely need to wash my face twice to minimize breakouts. It’s so vexing! I had two giant pimples on the tip of my nose this week, and I just feel like two Nose zits Is a like, the universe holding a grudge or something? 😂😂

here to cheer you on during this challenge!

Washing twice with off the shelf cleanser wasy normal routine, I'm now having to use slightly high end stuff from the derm area of work. It's expensive but it works a lot better than basic stuff, sadly it isn't working that we'll anymore. 🤔

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Ha! Jokes on this tutorial, Winter Soldier is my comicbook antihero soulmate. I'd be down for emulating his look.  I legit looked for a winter soldier face mask but couldn't find one 😣

I feel like his look is more fitting for 2020 anyway...

• Like 2

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice)

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 16 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

On 9/12/2020 at 11:10 PM, Leigh said:

Got basically locked up in my apartment with Canada's Laziest Roomate™ (Jordan), the unluckiest and unhealthiest friend I have (Kristi) and the nicest sad person I know (my lovely girlfriend) for several months.

This sounds like you are pitching a sitcom.

On 9/12/2020 at 11:10 PM, Leigh said:

my skin has freaked the shit out with having a mask strapped to my face

Ya I think the majority of people are like this and it sucks.  I feel like I rolled around in garbage after 6 hours of that stupid thing on.  And it's not like I'm filthy! (in that way ;) )

On 9/13/2020 at 11:10 PM, Aquarii said:

I feel like his look is more fitting for 2020 anyway...

We're basically in the apocalypse so yeah, it's fitting.

• Like 2

Got my one trip to the gym done today and I plan on going again later in the week but I'm waiting to see if DOMS kicks in first before following through on that plan.

Lunch is packed, spending has been tracked and I'm rocking rose gold/bronze/pale gold eye makeup and as of yesterday I have blonde/blue hair!

The blue was unintentional and unexpected but looks kinda neat so bonus?

• Like 3

On 9/13/2020 at 10:22 PM, Leigh said:

Washing twice with off the shelf cleanser wasy normal routine, I'm now having to use slightly high end stuff from the derm area of work. It's expensive but it works a lot better than basic stuff, sadly it isn't working that we'll anymore. 🤔

So are you getting better results? It's definitely worth it to have a more comfortable skin that doesn't feel painful, itchy, or irritated.   I still have trouble with face moisturizers though. I just use an eye cream right now, but the rest of my face is just oily and irritated I just don't know what to do about that. Do you use a moisturizer?

I'm currently using Bioderma oily/combination wash, Neostrata 8% AHA toner and a Biotherm Aqua Pure for my morning skin care. Neostrata 4% AHA cleanser, the toner and then a really nice 3 in 1 moisturizer from Jouviance at night. Spot treat with a generic brand of a benzoyl peroxide ointment on active zits and problem areas. I've also got this suuuper nice Hyaluronic Acid serum that I use on days when I'm not going anywhere and don't care about looking oily. 

I've got combination/oily skin that's hella dry the second I wash my face, it's a challenge... Although I have all of one wrinkle and I'm 35 so I've got that going for me.

I work at a pharmacy with a pretty nice beauty boutique inside and one of the full time cosmeticians gives me the gratis products that she doesn't need that would be suitable for me. 😎

If they sell it where you live you should give the Biotherm Aqua Pure a try it has been life changing for me. I went from looking just oily and gross at the end of my work day to just looking dewy. 😎

• Like 4

Sorry for the lack of updates, work got a bit nuts (inventory) and I had a tough time getting good sleep. 

But I am officially on vacation! For the next five days I get to do pretty much whatever I want, I don't have to wear a name tag and I get to hang out with one of my oldest friends and I get to see my brother for the first time since Covid-19 hit Canada. 

I'm excited! I also saw some deer and their adorable spotted babies through the window on my train.

Life is pretty great today and my eyes are on point for me having all of three minutes of time to do them before rushing to get to the station.

IMG_20200919_090041.jpg

• Like 5

On 9/19/2020 at 9:02 AM, Leigh said:

Life is pretty great today and my eyes are on point for me having all of three minutes of time to do them before rushing to get to the station.

Hey,  they’re totally on point!  I couldn’t pull that off if I had 3 hours!  

image.gif.cf0a2de5fbb612042a2ddaf86314f8c2.gif

This is my official look while attempting makeup.  😂

Happy vacation! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Level 2 Satyress adventurerSTR 3|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 7|CHA 6

First Challenge:  Disney Song Playlist (April 15th, 2013)

Second Challenge:  Better late than never (June 6, 2013)

"All great changes are preceded by chaos" - Deepak Chopra

On 9/15/2020 at 10:43 PM, Leigh said:

I work at a pharmacy with a pretty nice beauty boutique inside and one of the full time cosmeticians gives me the gratis products that she doesn't need that would be suitable for me. 😎

Because I haven't kept up well with your ninja moves, how long have you been working there over Subway? (I remember you being ready to leave who knows how long ago).

Plus I hope the money is a tad better despite the pandemic...

On 9/19/2020 at 8:02 AM, Leigh said:

Also wow for your eyes! I personally have been blessed with the dark circles that makes any eye shadow go wrong!

Also hi!!! 

I may or may not have played  Fallout 4 to just understand this challenge a bit.

Wish the face was going better, I personally only hit my "worse" with the pimple on my nose. I personally found magic in the Mary Kay line but I definitely have dryer skin (that has been burned one too many times).

Glad you have a vacation. May it be fun and refreshing!

• Like 2

Fresh Druid Graduate Lvl 0

"It’s not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO that’s a priority.”

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Article https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

On 9/15/2020 at 11:43 PM, Leigh said:

I'm currently using Bioderma oily/combination wash, Neostrata 8% AHA toner and a Biotherm Aqua Pure for my morning skin care. Neostrata 4% AHA cleanser, the toner and then a really nice 3 in 1 moisturizer from Jouviance at night. Spot treat with a generic brand of a benzoyl peroxide ointment on active zits and problem areas. I've also got this suuuper nice Hyaluronic Acid serum that I use on days when I'm not going anywhere and don't care about looking oily. 

All I could think of....

On 9/21/2020 at 8:17 PM, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

I may or may not have played  Fallout 4 to just understand this challenge a bit.

My only experience with fallout was fallout 3 and I tried to play it again earlier this week and couldn't do it.  I was so bored.  But I like the stats idea.

On 9/19/2020 at 9:02 AM, Leigh said:

But I am officially on vacation!

Woot Woot

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Teros said:

My only experience with fallout was fallout 3 and I tried to play it again earlier this week and couldn't do it.  I was so bored.  But I like the stats idea.

I actually own the first few on STEAM due to a deal... After trying to play the first one (youtube tought be it was damn difficult) and Fallout4 I was suggested for creative outlet/base building. Aiming and shooting in real time is stressful. 

I've heard New Vegas  is a favorite that I've had many guys suggest to me. 

• Like 1

"It’s not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO that’s a priority.”

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Article https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

2 hours ago, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

I actually own the first few on STEAM due to a deal... After trying to play the first one (youtube tought be it was damn difficult) and Fallout4 I was suggested for creative outlet/base building. Aiming and shooting in real time is stressful. 

I've heard New Vegas  is a favorite that I've had many guys suggest to me. 

Pro tip for aiming and shooting in real time. Hit the V.A.T.S. button and it will auto lock on a target, let go of th V.A.T.S. control and nail the sucker. I do it all the time, it works well and it's an easy way to cheese the game if you are unfamiliar or uncomfortable with shooter game mechanics. 

• Like 2

On 9/23/2020 at 5:35 PM, Leigh said:

Pro tip for aiming and shooting in real time. Hit the V.A.T.S. button and it will auto lock on a target, let go of th V.A.T.S. control and nail the sucker. I do it all the time, it works well and it's an easy way to cheese the game if you are unfamiliar or uncomfortable with shooter game mechanics. 

Will give a try soon enough,  thanks!

How is the challenge going?

• Like 1

Tracking and meal prep is on point, gym time, not so much. I've been really tired lately and I've got a bit of a cold so I can't go to the gym without freaking absolutely everyone out that I've got Covid. My skin has calmed down quite a bit and I've managed to get pretty good at doing waterline eyeliner which is neat. :D My next trick will be to sort out my eyebrows or attempt to figure out this sweet set of lashes I got for almost nothing at work.

My work has also said for us to go back to normal operating hours, but there has also been an insane surge in daily Covid cases across the province so they might enforce another shut down. Part of me really wants the shut down because I don't like idiots spreading plague, but I also really don't want them to because it sucks having to line up outside the grocery store for up to an hour just to get in and get food because the whole city panics when they shut down non vital businesses.

• Like 3

On 9/23/2020 at 3:54 PM, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

Aiming and shooting in real time is stressful. 

Do you like RTS games?  If so, we could play AOE2 sometime.

On 10/4/2020 at 1:58 AM, Leigh said:

pretty good at doing waterline eyeliner which is neat

Pics or it didn't happen ;) 

• Like 1
On 10/10/2020 at 1:57 PM, Teros said:

Pics or it didn't happen ;) 

Super late reply, but the picture was already posted :P The one of me on the train is the best example I've got at the moment. The jerks who run climate control for my workplace have cranked the heat in preparation for winter and it's so hot I've been sweating off any makeup I attempt to do so I've been ignoring it for a while.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Leigh said:

Super late reply, but the picture was already posted :P The one of me on the train is the best example I've got at the moment. The jerks who run climate control for my workplace have cranked the heat in preparation for winter and it's so hot I've been sweating off any makeup I attempt to do so I've been ignoring it for a while.

That is fully understandable! 

I always want to get into makeup myself but my face loves to be rubbed up!